Greatest EVER Hearts Goal???

JT Wooks

C'mon then boys

whats the best Hearts Goal Ever Scored????

I'm going for Robbo's at Tannadice in 85/86 when we trounced them 3-0 with Robbo belting in a 35 yard belter on the half volley with his LEFT peg. Top corner hitting the stantion and vouncing back out!

ORGASMIC

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
narrowed down to 3

robbo at tannadice

fergie against bayern

adam on 16 05 98

Robbo's beat Fergie's free kick by a milli ball hair

C'mon then boys

whats the best Hearts Goal Ever Scored????

I'm going for Robbo's at Tannadice in 85/86 when we trounced them 3-0 with Robbo belting in a 35 yard belter on the half volley with his LEFT peg. Top corner hitting the stantion and vouncing back out!

ORGASMIC

That was the one that sprung to mind when i saw your title! Off the top of ma head tho......ferguson v munich.....crabbo v rangers in gorams debut.....fuller v motherwell.....could sit here all night thinkin about this, pity i have ti work! Will check this thread later, it could be a good one.

For me, it has to be Kevin Thomas v Rangers in the Scottish Cup, 1995.

Step forward Big Davie on a Mazy.

A very 'Tynecastle' goal.

Buffalo Bill

Austin McCann's is the best I have witnessed. ;)

This season it has to be Gary Glen's winner against the vermin. :laugh:

For me, it has to be Kevin Thomas v Rangers in the Scottish Cup, 1995.

Step forward Big Davie on a Mazy.

A very 'Tynecastle' goal.

Buffalo Bill

Cant remember this one you know were i can get hold of footage of this one Bill???

I'm only going to pick goals I have physically seen to keep it more interesting

I remember one Davie Weir scored in the SC his first season with the club (might have been Cowdenbeath).

Picked it up 30 yards out and hammered it and it was rising and swerving into the top corner at the gorgie road end. I was in the Scholl end and was sitting in line with him when he hit it.

Honourable mentions to Austin McCann, Willie 'the Perm' Jamieson, Ricardo Fuller, Andy Driver, Lee Miller (v Killie) and Stevie Frail

Donald Ford v 'Gers 1968 in the Cup

Roald Jensen v 'Tic in 2-0 win at parkhead around 1969/70

Robbo v D'dee Utd 1986

Ian Ferguson v Bayern Uefa cup

Paul Hartley v Them hampden in cup 2006

Cant remember this one you know were i can get hold of footage of this one Bill???

I only know the Heartsfc website were showing it a while back in the 'classic' games section.

I'm sure others will testify as to how special it was.

It's all about the atmosphere.

Buffalo Bill

Jambo, Goodbye

Not the best one I've seen but Velicka's left foot shot at Celtic park on Halloween (out of all the nights to be there :eek:) was a cracker

That was the quarter finals of the League cup btw

in my life watching Hearts (i am 34)

anywhere - Adam 16 may 1998

At tynie - Fergie v Bayern

honerable mention - Hartley free kick in the semi v hibs

Its not that they have to be spectacular its what they mean i suppose that fuller v motherwell was good but its only motherwell we beat them 2 or three times a season.

the first two were goals that mean something. Hartleys was just sweet.

Victor Meldrew

For the quality of the build-up play and the finish, Bruno's goal on Saturday takes some beating.

However for what it meant at the time and the sheer unadulterated joy, it has to be Fergie's goal against Bayern.

I can't watch Robbo's goal at Tannadice without feeling a tinge of sadness about what was to come.

I only know the Heartsfc website were showing it a while back in the 'classic' games section.

Buffalo Bill

Watched the video plenty of times now of the game you are talking about .. never get bored of it, atmosphere is incredible.

tambothejambo

Glynn snodin against slavia prague (i think) an absolute peach fae distance. anybody know if it was slavia prague and what year it was ?

:flag2:

Glynn snodin against slavia prague (i think) an absolute peach fae distance. anybody know if it was slavia prague and what year it was ?

:flag2:

top corner rasper! atmosphere was immense that night!

Buffalo Bill

Great goal BB in one of my favourite games, wet Monday night at Tynie with the game on Sky and a builders yard where the School End used to be.

2-0 up in the first half, Huns get it back to 2-2 early in the 2nd only for the wee man to put us 3-2 up almost immediately. The in the last minute big Slim goes on one of his famous mazies with the perm bouncing along, wee one-two with Thomas just past half way runs all the way into the Hun box and gets to the touchline turns McLaren as if he wasn't there and lays it off to Kevin Thomas who lashes it home.

Tynie was jumping that night

rudi must stay

has to be Fuller's goal against Motherwell. Shots from far out are great but you can fluke them, there's no fluke in getting the ball in your own half and skinning every player before rounding the keeper. An unbelievable goal that wouldn't look out of place in any game IMO

ian jardine scored a few screamers in his time with us - can't recall any specific games but he knew how to belt a ball

I seem to remember him scoring a great goal at Dens park in 86, first time around. My memory may be a little hazy tho..

If its being judged on what the goal meant then its Adam in 98 followed by Hartley's penatly against Aberdeen at the end of the 05/06 season.

If its being judged on the beauty of the thing then its a John Robertson free kick at Pittodrie (in a Scottish cup replay I think it was) which was struck with "Lorimer" pace and made that rather thrilling sounding rippling noise of leather against rope when it hit the net at the beach end.

Not covered by a single TV camera unfortunately.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

All of those mentioned are pretty special. But haven't seen Colquhoun against Celtic in 1988 mentioned yet. Beauty.

3. Alan Johnstons 3rd against Rangers at Greyskull

2. Wullie Jamiesons v Celtic at Tyney

1. Fergie v Bayern, great goal, one of the best ever bouncies after it.

Here are a couple you may or may not remember that never seem to be mentioned in these threads...

Mike Galloway's swerving shot with the outside of his right foot at Ibrox in his 2nd game for us (first start). What a great season 87/88 was.

(For older viewers) Derek O' Connor's diving header at Boghead when his momentum carried him into the net from about sixteen yards out in 1982/83 (the day we got promoted).

Dennis Wyness' mazy v Dunfermline (his first goal for us). :tongue:

Juanjo's control and volley from a long kick upfield v Killie which put us 2-1 up in injury time. Unfortunately they went straight up the park and equalised!

These may not necessarily be the BEST goals Hearts have ever scored but I enjoyed every one immensely.

Really simple guy's, maybe not the best in creative play, but in terms of significance it has to be.....................

........AND ADAM MAKES IT HEARTS 2 RANGERS 0

McCanns at celtic best quality strike

Miko against hibs at tynie for festive cheer

Adam cup final - no explanation required

3 great goals for different reasons .

Robbos OH kick in the last minute to equalise against the hun after they were 2-0 up in Feb 1984 always sticks in my mind.

For me signalled Hearts return to the big time after years of relegation and pain.

Fergie against Bayern wins it for me though.

all good goals... but cmon..... nobody beats george cowies 45 yarder against st johnstone at muirton.... playin g at left back he hits the ball on a flooded pitch in a gale force wind and it sails passed the keeper into the top corner like a rocket.

Robbo's dribble and shot into the far corner of the net at Tynecastle vs Rangers when he broke the club league scoring record. Had a tear in my eye at that one.

Adam with the 2nd goal in the cup jumps out at me. I also think of John Colqhoun's cracker in the cup semi in 86. :108years:

As well as my 'Davie on a Mazy', great shout for Robbos's solo goal v Rangers in '97.

Others I'd mention are JR v Dundee Uts '86.

JC v Dundee Utd the previous weekend in the Scottish Cup semi.

Janny underside of the bar v Motherwell 2006

Fuller v Motherwell

Robbo (from McCann's run) v Rangers in the Coca Cola Cup Final 1996

Gary Naysmith screamer v Aberdeen 1998

Neil McCann v Killie in the 5-3 game Nov 1997

Buffalo Bill

Chad Sexington

I wouldn't say it was the best goal but I remember a cracking free kick that , I think Snodin?, scored against Slavia Prague.

Miller Jambo 60
All of those mentioned are pretty special. But haven't seen Colquhoun against Celtic in 1988 mentioned yet. Beauty.

Anyone mentioned John Colquhouns winner against dundee utd in the 1986 semi.(BIG CUP)

A screamer.

A replay if anyone has one.:108years:

I wouldn't say it was the best goal but I remember a cracking free kick that , I think Snodin?, scored against Slavia Prague.

It sure was mate. It was also a cracking game of European football.

As an aside, the club produced what must have been the shabbiest piece of merchandise ever after it.

A VHS video of one camera angle, with no replays and what seemed a drunk and semi-retired Archie MacPherson who pretended that the action was happening there and then in front of his eyes.

Buffalo Bill

My favourite (probably now viewed with rose-tinted specs) was Jim Townsend's against Morton in 1971. We were 2-1 up at the time, approaching half-time, when JT, from about 25 yards, hit a shot on the half-volley. A screamer; the ball was still rising as it crossed the line only two or three feet off the ground. It stuck between the net and the stanchion and there was a split second's silence (perhaps a communal gasp) before the crowd went nuts in celebration. Sweetest strike I've seen.

Donald Ford went on to score a second half hat-trick and we won 6-1. Great day. Anyone else remember that?

I also loved Rudi's against Falkirk in the 5-0 game in 2005 and Willie Johnston's free-kick against Celtic. Crackers.

Archived