Greatest EVER Hearts Goal???

JT Wooks

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My favourite (probably now viewed with rose-tinted specs) was Jim Townsend's against Morton in 1971. We were 2-1 up at the time, approaching half-time, when JT, from about 25 yards, hit a shot on the half-volley. A screamer; the ball was still rising as it crossed the line only two or three feet off the ground. It stuck between the net and the stanchion and there was a split second's silence (perhaps a communal gasp) before the crowd went nuts in celebration. Sweetest strike I've seen.

Donald Ford went on to score a second half hat-trick and we won 6-1. Great day. Anyone else remember that?

I also loved Rudi's against Falkirk in the 5-0 game in 2005 and Willie Johnston's free-kick against Celtic. Crackers.

Was that the 1-5 game. I was a guest of the sponsors,thanks Capital Decorators, and that was the only goal I never seen, because you couldnae see that part of the pitch from the lounge.

Scott Crabbe at Parkhead, in a 2-1 win, probably 1991. John Millar got the other goal and Mike Galloway was sent off for Celtic - ball came to Crabbo at the edge of the box and he hit it first time and curled it round the keeper. He jumps over the advertising hoardings, runs to the Hearts fans and gets booked by the ref. He then kissed the badge - LEGEND

Adam making it 2-0 because then it became a reality for me!

All 4 goals (2 for Robbo, 1 for Colquhoun and 1 for Crabbe) V Motherwell at Tynecastle in 1990 in the Scottish Cup, all great goals.

Donald Ford v 'Gers 1968 in the Cup

Roald Jensen v 'Tic in 2-0 win at parkhead around 1969/70Robbo v D'dee Utd 1986

Ian Ferguson v Bayern Uefa cup

Paul Hartley v Them hampden in cup 2006

Straight from the corner if I remember correctly.

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/19900101.html

Robertson's 2nd in this game was a work of art, at the school end. No cameras at the game sadly, but I can still picture him skipping past a few Hibs defenders before burying it, to general delirium.

The link above seems to suggest that the 2nd goal in this game was a penalty but I'm 100% sure the penalty was the 1st goal - in the first half at the Gorgie Rd end.

Any goals we score against the Hobos!

Robbos goals against rangers to beat scoring record!

Adam to make it 2-0 against rangers!

I was born the day of Fergie's freekick against Bayern Munich :108years:

How do you gauge it? a long ranger or a lovely build up and finish?

Hearts scored some great goals in the 98 cup winning season with intricate flowing moves around the box. In that season too Gary Naysmith scored a cracker from long range against the Sheep at Tynie.

Agree with what has been posted already, some beauties in there.

I`ll throw in John Colquhoun`s volley v Dundee Utd in the Scots Cup semi in 1986.:):108years:

Although I was a bit young to be there, the goal at hunbrox when Tommy Murray sat on the ball has to be right up there. Remember watching it on telly.

I only know the Heartsfc website were showing it a while back in the 'classic' games section.

I'm sure others will testify as to how special it was.

It's all about the atmosphere.

Buffalo Bill

Brilliant night iirc it was a Monday on BsB (ask your dad kids) Colin Miller got the first with a free kick, big Slim got the 2nd with a header, Robbo got the 3rd after Ally Maxwell spilled a Jim Bett shot and then enter stage right Davey on a mazey skins Alan McLaren on the bye-line and lays off to Thomas to smack home.

Best atmosphere at Tynie outside a European night and THAT game against Aberdeen

i`ve gone for good goals, unlike important goals so ;

Miko`s against Tic at tynie - what a strike !

Chesy against patrick thistle - Just for the skill invovled and the finish

Rudi`s againt livi at tynie, when he picked it up on the half way line

fullers against motherwell

Popsils against aberdeen was quite speacial as well

Again these were all good goal, but me favorite goal of all time s still this ;

Just had one pop in my head Neil McCann 1st time round think it was against Raith skinned a couple of guys and curls one into the top corner, only remember it cos some guy behind us was slagging him the whole match and my old man was sticking up for him the goal goes in and my Dad turns round smug only to hear the guy say "aye but he's still ****!" thought my Dad was gonna lamp him :laugh:

i`ve gone for good goals, unlike important goals so ;

Miko`s against Tic at tynie - what a strike !

Chesy against patrick thistle - Just for the skill invovled and the finish

Rudi`s againt livi at tynie, when he picked it up on the half way line

fullers against motherwell

Popsils against aberdeen was quite speacial as well

Again these were all good goal, but me favorite goal of all time s still this ;

some atmosphere that night. Imagine if that penalty was actually to win the title and not just 2nd place and a CL qualifying spot!

Its been a long time baby
[/size]

Was that the 1-5 game. I was a guest of the sponsors,thanks Capital Decorators, and that was the only goal I never seen, because you couldnae see that part of the pitch from the lounge.

No, was at the 1-5 game, 1st time in the old stand and Johnston didnt score that day. His goal was in a 1-1 draw I think

some atmosphere that night. Imagine if that penalty was actually to win the title and not just 2nd place and a CL qualifying spot!

i think we all would have ended up on the pitch if it was for the title !

Paisley Jambo
C'mon then boys

whats the best Hearts Goal Ever Scored????

I'm going for Robbo's at Tannadice in 85/86 when we trounced them 3-0 with Robbo belting in a 35 yard belter on the half volley with his LEFT peg. Top corner hitting the stantion and vouncing back out!

ORGASMIC

That's mine too.

To this day the moment is etched in my mind, watching it fly in the top left corner like a tracer missile, from where I was standing in the Hearts end.

Apart from two cup finals my favourite game as a Hearts fan.

:)

Robbo's v Utd at Tannadice will live with me forever. If only he had saved it for 3 weeks later in Dundee.

Paradise Lost.

jack D and coke
Robbo's v Utd at Tannadice will live with me forever. If only he had saved it for 3 weeks later in Dundee.

Paradise Lost.

I was at a cousins wedding that day and i'll never forget the vicar telling me we'd won 3-0.

I was only 13 at the time but i can still feel that unbelieving feeling i got when we blew it those few weeks later.

Most have been mentioned,

Austins vrs Celtic

or

Ferguson vrs Bayern (prob the first goal I can remember very clearly at tynie, doesnt make it the greatest goal skill wise but holds alot of nostalgia for me)

janni versus killie - wet wednesday night at tynie, from rudi's cross field pass, didn't even break his stride and smacked it into the top corner

Does nobody remember Willie Jamieson's rocket into the top corner against the Glasgo Selick ?

It was an equaliser into injury time the year the roseburn stand was getting built.

Has to be up there !!

Does nobody remember Willie Jamieson's rocket into the top corner against the Glasgow Selick ?

It was an equaliser into injury time the year the roseburn stand was getting built.

Has to be up there !!

Konrad von Carstein
My favourite (probably now viewed with rose-tinted specs) was Jim Townsend's against Morton in 1971. We were 2-1 up at the time, approaching half-time, when JT, from about 25 yards, hit a shot on the half-volley. A screamer; the ball was still rising as it crossed the line only two or three feet off the ground. It stuck between the net and the stanchion and there was a split second's silence (perhaps a communal gasp) before the crowd went nuts in celebration. Sweetest strike I've seen.

Donald Ford went on to score a second half hat-trick and we won 6-1. Great day. Anyone else remember that?

QUOTE]

I was at that game I was six my dad and his mates used to stand under the Pink News sign. Me and the other kids were more intersted in running about the terracing than watchin the game but the goal you describe is one of my earliest memories, never mind Hearts memories.

There's been so many that it's so hard to choose.

Robbo's in '86 at Utd.

Fergie wonder goal vs Bayern Munich.

Austin McCann's screamer vs Celtic.

Colquhoun scored a wonderful 30 yarder at Tynie vs celtic.

Snodin's 35 yarder vs Slavia Prague.

Then goals which might not have been as beautiful but for sheer importance:

Fozzie in the cup vs Hobos.

Stampie in the last minute vs Hobos.

Graeme Weir's 2nd in the last minute vs Hobos.

Cameron's penalty on 16.05.98

Adam's goal on 16.05.98

If I had to choose, then i'm going to go for Fergie's goal vs Bayern Munich, purely because it's Bayern Munich!!! Great goal and an unbelievable result. For a few moments we could dream about a UEFA Cup Semi Final.

Donald Ford v 'Gers 1968 in the Cup

Roald Jensen v 'Tic in 2-0 win at parkhead around 1969/70

Robbo v D'dee Utd 1986

Ian Ferguson v Bayern Uefa cup

Paul Hartley v Them hampden in cup 2006

Which one? you have the choice of 3 :)

Carl Weathers
Does nobody remember Willie Jamieson's rocket into the top corner against the Glasgow Selick ?

Has to be up there !!

Yeah, great strike.

Yeah, great strike.

The one thing i'll always remember is just as he lined it up my Dad shouted "don't shoot" bang top corner Paddy Bonnar on his arse and all the folk who left early :eek: in the building site behind the goals going mental :laugh:

Never let the old man hear the end of that one :tongue:

Love all the ones mentioned.

All of De Vries goals in the mauling.

All of Robbo's 27.

Wayne's

Glenn's

Paul McMullen's v Killie - really thought that lad would make it. Jakeball.

Takis Fyssas - wish we had seen him in his prime.

Alan Maybury v Jags.

Jimmy Bone's bullet header.

One of my favourites, a bit of an obscure one - George Cowie v St. Johnstone from just in side the half way line, circa 1983

John Gentleman

It's a hard one this - all depends on your vintage!

But the one I 'oft remember was Austin McCann's against Shellick. I've got it on a CD (somewhere). I recorded it on VHS then captured it on to CD. Sheecht quality ESPN footage in the first place, but still a quality goal. Put an end to Shellick's title hopes as I recall; shame it was to the benefit of Rangers though! :rolleyes:

John Gentleman
It's a hard one this - all depends on your vintage!

But the one I 'oft remember was Austin McCann's against Shellick. I've got it on a CD (somewhere). I recorded it on VHS then captured it on to CD. Sheecht quality ESPN footage in the first place, but still a quality goal. Put an end to Shellick's title hopes as I recall; shame it was to the benefit of Rangers though! :rolleyes:

Well, at least here's a link:

I wonder whatever happened to him (McCann)?

Davie MacPherson`s brilliantly steered strike with his chorus-in-verse v The Hobos in the first live derby on BskyB(1990).:laugh:

Mind you, can`t remember who it was, butt(;)) it was a superbly placed pass for Big Dave to ram it home!:108years:

Davie MacPherson`s brilliantly steered strike with his chorus-in-verse v The Hobos in the first live derby on BskyB(1990).:laugh:

Mind you, can`t remember who it was, butt(;)) it was a superbly placed pass for Big Dave to ram it home!:108years:

Wiz that no Levein Debut, apologies if not;)

Wiz that no Levein Debut, apologies if not;)

it may have been his pass:tongue: but i`m certain it was Davie`s booty that finished off a great move!

Archived