michael stewart ~(merged threads)

lewis2006

Drylaw Hearts

Stewart on his game is good.

The problem is he's not 'on his game' anywhere near regualry enough and that has been the story throughout his 2 spells at Hearts.

He isn't a kid and at this stage of his career he needs to be more consistent.

Csaba was right when he said Micheal Stewarts biggest problem was Micheal Stewart.

Jambo or no Jambo if he isn't performing reguarly enough then I don't see the point in keeping him.

We cannot afford passengers.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
time to get of his back

the guys form has been poor lately, but, hopefully, it's passed

the guys a jambo, FFS, time now to be supporting him, not critisising him

let's get behind all the team, and stop our constant moaning

:108years:

Well said that man. Footballer has dip in form shocker!!!

Not that anyone would overreact to such a thing

Mikey always gives 100%, which is sometimes his downfall cos the effort's misdirected at times.

If he makes a bad pass, it seems to wind him up so badly that for the net 5 minutes he runs about trying too hard to make amends and obviously this breeds more bad passes and exposes us a little. I'm sure Csaba is working on slowing him down cos he has a tendency to try to do everything at 100mph

Good player, glad he's at Hearts

With Michael Stewart I always find it difficult to work out how his career is going to develop.

He could probably go one way or the other.

He could either sort out his problems with consistency and perform at a level which would win him a move to a better club or he could go the other way and end up getting released(Laszlo has already spoken about the possibility of him moving on) and end up becoming an SPL journeyman much in the same way that Gary McSwegan did.

I think if it doesn't work out for him at Hearts then that will be the slow end of him as a footballer to be honest.

The Old Tolbooth

1 in 5 games is not consistent enough for me, I'd put him in the reserves until he recaptures some form, and if he doesn't then it's the highest bidder time.

Sexton Hardcastle
1 in 5 games is not consistent enough for me, I'd put him in the reserves until he recaptures some form, and if he doesn't then it's the highest bidder time.

A bag of coal?

On his game, Stewart is twice the player Ruben is.

Ruben is consistant and does the simple passes but he does not have the same drive as Stewart.

We need Stewart on his game and back in midfield with Kari.

I don't think that Stewart is any better than Ruben when MS is at the top of his game at all.....but you're spot on in that Ruben is far more consistent and in my opinion offers more from a defensive and play maker perspective than MS....Ruben every time for me :)

I don't think that Stewart is any better than Ruben when MS is at the top of his game at all.....but you're spot on in that Ruben is far more consistent and in my opinion offers more from a defensive and play maker perspective than MS....Ruben every time for me :)

Ruben offers very little going forward and we become a bit too defensive with him and Kari in centre midfield but there are times when we are better off being catious.

Ruben offers very little going forward and we become a bit too defensive with him and Kari in centre midfield but there are times when we are better off being catious.

Sorry IMA, but just to stalk you again on the subject of Ruben I'd reiterate that it's no bad thing to have both him and Kari in there.

With our now solid defence, there's nothing to say that Kari and Ruben can't park themselves higher up the pitch and what's more, perhaps they can then off-set the wide players by allowing them, plus Bruno (or whoever) and Nade to have more attacking freedom?

I think at full strength, Stewart is still the odd man out just for now. But I'll back him all the way whenever he plays.

Buffalo Bill

If u have any issues section D seat 17 row 26. I'll c u next Saturday!

That's my fecking seat yah lying bas****. :mad:

;)

time to get of his back

the guys form has been poor lately, but, hopefully, it's passed

the guys a jambo, FFS, time now to be supporting him, not critisising him

let's get behind all the team, and stop our constant moaning

:108years:

Spot on - gie Stewart some peace. We all bemoaned the lack of "one of our own" on the pitch when we struggled in the darkest times of Malofeez and Romanov picking the team. Then we get a decent player who has experience and is a passionate jambo and we slate him?

Stewart is a talented lad and he perhaps is his own worst enemy at times. That said, he gets stuck in, he's an organiser and he hates to get beat. On his day he is one of the best central mids in Scotland IMO.

Archived