michael stewart ~(merged threads)

lewis2006

PresidentRomanov
Tell me if I'm getting this wrong, but are you whinging about the fact that people have the audacity to change their mind? :laugh:

No, I'm merely pointing out that alot of people who post on this board are very fickle :)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So if we were winning one nil, Stewart has been subbed, and Killie bang in two in the last minute you would win your bet?

I think there is a collective over-reacting to Stewart playing tomorrow. Who else should play instead?

Exactly. Stewarts form has to return some time and what better than tomorrow.

Because at the time, I was certain the person in question was going to be appointed manager :mw_rolleyes:

I was proved wrong, I never changed my opinion on the subject.

So why did you post on here when you said you weren't going to?

PresidentRomanov
So why did you post on here when you said you weren't going to?

I realised that the board would miss someone who has the balls to stick with what he believes in :)

I realised that the board would miss someone who has the balls to stick with what he believes in :)

tee hee. your funny. well done.

Never said he was, he was highly thought of enough for it to be the subject of a lengthy debate a few months back though, now he's a mug :rolleyes:

To be honest I still think there is a player there somewhere...........by the way, on the crutches again.

PresidentRomanov
To be honest I still think there is a player there somewhere...........by the way, on the crutches again.

So do I, but I'm not the kind of person who changes his mind every five minutes :)

Bad news about the crutches, I take it you're absent tomorrow then?

No, I'm merely pointing out that alot of people who post on this board are very fickle :)

If that's what you were aiming for, you might have picked better examples...

Opinions evolve, and sticking by the same line of argument without good cause doesn't mean that you're principled, it just means that you're daft.

PresidentRomanov
If that's what you were aiming for, you might have picked better examples...

Opinions evolve, and sticking by the same line of argument without good cause doesn't mean that you're principled, it just means that you're daft.

What's daft is doing a compete about turn with your opinions, if the argument against Stewart was that he's not played well for a while, there wouldn't be one.

That's not what's happening though, what people are saying is, he's turned into a useless footballer in the space of a few months.

Calling a Hearts player that gives his all a 'ginger bawjaw'. :rolleyes: He may not be the greatest ever, but he's our player.

BOOOOOOOOOO. :mw_rolleyes: This is one of the reasons why our support, especially away from home, isn't what it was.

The Old Tolbooth
What's daft is doing a compete about turn with your opinions, if the argument against Stewart was that he's not played well for a while, there wouldn't be one.

That's not what's happening though, what people are saying is, he's turned into a useless footballer in the space of a few months.

That's basically what's happened though, his form has dipped lower than a hobo hookers head and if it doesn't improve shortly then he's not worth a sook to the team or club.

Funny thread to read through though :D

So do I, but I'm not the kind of person who changes his mind every five minutes :)

Bad news about the crutches, I take it you're absent tomorrow then?

Aye, it's worse than before. Going to Murrayfield on tuesday.

I'll bet you 20 quid, no real Hearts supporter would bet 20 quid on Hearts losing :)

You're on.

Oh, and I'm a better fan than you...obviously!

PresidentRomanov
That's basically what's happened though, his form has dipped lower than a hobo hookers head and if it doesn't improve shortly then he's not worth a sook to the team or club.

Funny thread to read through though :D

Point is, footballers do have dips in form, and most of them come out of it.

The brilliant thing is, when/if he does, the same people ripping him up on this thread, will probably be starting another poll suggesting he should be club captain :laugh:

PresidentRomanov
You're on.

Oh, and I'm a better fan than you...obviously!

PM me and I'll give you details of where to send my winnings to :)

Jam Tarts 1874
Calling a Hearts player that gives his all a 'ginger bawjaw'. :rolleyes: He may not be the greatest ever, but he's our player.

BOOOOOOOOOO. :mw_rolleyes: This is one of the reasons why our support, especially away from home, isn't what it was.

Sorry, but trying hard does not make you immune from deserved criticism. If I was playing for Hearts I would try hard too, but I'd be kack, just like the ginger whinger.

The Old Tolbooth
Point is, footballers do have dips in form, and most of them come out of it.

The brilliant thing is, when/if he does, the same people ripping him up on this thread, will probably be starting another poll suggesting he should be club captain :laugh:

Heh heh heh, your right about the poll thing, I reckon he should be in the reserves though until he either shows some form again, or shows he ain't gonna recover his form.

PresidentRomanov
Sorry, but trying hard does not make you immune from deserved criticism. If I was playing for Hearts I would try hard too, but I'd be kack, just like the ginger whinger.

If you were picked to play for Hearts, even though you were kack, do you not think it should be the person who was picking you who should get the criticism?

If you were picked to play for Hearts, even though you were kack, do you not think it should be the person who was picking you who should get the criticism?

Saved me the bother. :)

Support your own.

Edit - forgot to add: constructive criticism is fine, but abuse? 'The ginger bawjaw'?! We should be so lucky!

Disappointing if he starts tomorrow. Our season was rapidly going downhill until Stewart got sent off against St Mirren - we then produced a terrific second half performance with 10 men, won the game and went on a winning run. Stewart started against Aberdeen after his suspension ended, we lost, our form dipped. Last week he was dropped we got back to winning ways with the midfield playing great.

I'm not saying that our poor performances are all down to Stewart but there is strong evidence that we are a much better team without him. He's not good enough for Heart of Midlothian IMO.

Disappointing if he starts tomorrow. Our season was rapidly going downhill until Stewart got sent off against St Mirren - we then produced a terrific second half performance with 10 men, won the game and went on a winning run. Stewart started against Aberdeen after his suspension ended, we lost, our form dipped. Last week he was dropped we got back to winning ways with the midfield playing great.

I'm not saying that our poor performances are all down to Stewart but there is strong evidence that we are a much better team without him. He's not good enough for Heart of Midlothian IMO.

Stirlo, who else is there to play?

Karapidis will play CH as Zal is suspended. Ruben is injured (or doubtful) so I would imagine you would see Stewart & Eggert as the central holding midfielders. (or poss Eggert CH & Karapidis cm)

Edit: also see the point earlier about Stewart playing in a deeper role than further up the field as normal in the 4-5-1 system.

Driver on the left, Ches on the right and Aguiar off Nade.

Thomson at Left Back for Wallace (also suspended).

Stirlo, who else is there to play?

Karapidis will play CH as Zal is suspended. Ruben is injured (or doubtful) so I would imagine you would see Stewart & Eggert as the central holding midfielders. (or poss Eggert CH & Karapidis cm)

Edit: also see the point earlier about Stewart playing in a deeper role than further up the field as normal in the 4-5-1 system.

Driver on the left, Ches on the right and Aguiar off Nade.

Thomson at Left Back for Wallace (also suspended).

Boris I would actually bring Aguiar back into central midfield and play Glen or even Obua (yes really!!) behind Nade. I reached the conclusion a long time ago that Stewart is not good enough. His poor performances at Pittodrie and particulary Fir Park last week were just the latest examples. By contrast I thought the midfield on Sunday looked more balanced - and far more effective - than they have in weeks.

Boris I would actually bring Aguiar back into central midfield and play Glen or even Obua (yes really!!) behind Nade. I reached the conclusion a long time ago that Stewart is not good enough. His poor performances at Pittodrie and particulary Fir Park last week were just the latest examples. By contrast I thought the midfield on Sunday looked more balanced - and far more effective - than they have in weeks.

See , when Stewart moved back into the deeper MF role against Hubz, he started playing better. No reason to suggest he wouldn't play well again in that position.

You also get the best from Aguiar offensively if he sits behind the striker. Dropping him deeper wastes his abilities.

john brownlee

Well michael in mho I thought sunday was your best game for Hearts, go and prove me wrong and make the killie game your best.

Please dont pass to killie

Please dont get a yellow

Please dont get a red

Please dont blame your fellow team mates

Please no wilde tackles

Please no shouting at fans

Please help Hearts win

Please become the player you promised

Please, because some of us Hearts fans still believe you can do it

Mr. Stewart.... move away from the set-piece.

Heaven knows why he thinks that he is Beckham-esque in terms of his dead-ball delivery.

In recent weeks we have had Rueben taking corners and free kicks and he could not pass water after drinking 10 pints of the stuff. Driver has taken corners and I cant remember him ever getting it past the first defender. If Bruno does not make it today who do you suggest because going through the team I think I will sit up the back today maybe safer if we get a free kick

Nelly Terraces
Stewart is a good player on his day. Hopefully he pulls his finger out after being dropped against hibs.

Wish I could get away with working 4 days every year.:mw_rolleyes:

I wonder how many people on this thread, were one of the many on here, clamouring for Stewart to be made captain a few months ago :mw_rolleyes:

Yes there were plenty.....just 'cos he run around like heidless chicken, usually pointing to others when walking away with his back to the play....didn't think he was good enough then even when other "fans" were raving about his "play". Although it's nice to be proven correct (that he's not good enough), I'd be more pleased if has one of his very few decent games and proves me wrong (I'm not holding my breath tho') :tongue:

On official site.

Nightmare.

:mad:

MacDonald; Neilson, Jonsson, Berra, Thomson; Obua, Karipidis, Stewart, Driver; Aguiar; Nade.

MacDonald; Neilson, Jonsson, Berra, Thomson; Obua, Karipidis, Stewart, Driver; Aguiar; Nade.

Fancy Stewart to score the day actually!:D

Nicholas Brody
Bruno Aguiar gets on the score sheet with a goal from just outside the penalty box to the bottom left corner of the goal. Kilmarnock 0-1 Hearts.Assist by Michael Stewart

:rolleyes::tongue::laugh:

From the BBC match report:

Aguiar hit the opener from 20 yards after exhanging passes with Michael Stewart in their first decent attack.

The clinching goal arrived on 80 minutes when Karipidis headed home after Michael Stewart's free kick.

*cough*

:whistling:

Oh yea of little faith....

:rolleyes::tongue::laugh:

From the BBC match report:

*cough*

:whistling:

Oh yea of little faith....

Nice one Mikey Stewart and well done to the Hearts today!

Message to the OP... jog on ye hobo bawbag!:108years:

'mon the HEARTS!

PresidentRomanov
Anyone having a go at the OP, I'll bet them 20quid we don't get a result tomorrow if Stewart starts.

:mw_tease:

he was having a nightmare until he put bruno through, then he had a great game, what is it with this guy, mind you he did get one or two nasty tackles

surely a mistake has been made, a michael stewart freekick actually landing on one of our own players napper? sorry but i choose not to believe that!!

surely a mistake has been made, a michael stewart freekick actually landing on one of our own players napper? sorry but i choose not to believe that!!

Maybe it deflected off the wall :laugh:

Had a poor game in general, though the conditions were terrible, but did really well in the lead up to our first goal.

The Old Tolbooth

One swallow doesn't make a summer, once he starts doing it regularly like others then I may cut him some slack.

So he only played a part in both our goals, not good enough. :tongue:

Just as well no one was making calls at half time to get him hooked, eh mate?

:tongue:

:laugh:

On official site.

Nightmare.

:mad:

I don't understand this. I can understand why hibys would hate him. Oh Wait a minuet:mw_rolleyes:

I've been on his case recently, so I'd just like to say well done Michael Stewart. Did brilliantly for our first goal and worked hard for the whole match.

Archived