EDUCATE YOUNG LADS FROM YESTERDAY

Guest jambomickey

We all know that the SFA are under alot of pressure from above to be seen to be tackling the sectarianism aspect of Scottish Football.

No way are they ever going to dock points off one of the OF so it'll be either us or Hibs.

I'd rather the plastic paddies at ER got hammered and not us.

The SFA hate us as it is. I bet they can't wait to slap us with a massive fine or dock points off us just because some wee fan-dans want to play the hard man.

Exactly - and too many want to make hammering us for this too easy for the SFA. These people should have a good look at themselves and ask themselves if their actions are in keeping with the fine traditions of this club.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
not the young naive lads i'm having a pop at! it's the adults who's company there in and we all know the supporters bus they travel on.

That is it exactly the should keep the songs to the bus and not bring it to the game.

you have a word! were you there yesterday?

Why should whether they were there or not have any relevance at all?

There were two 'traditionalists' on here earlier and neither of them were at the game yesterday. So although they weren't there and hadn't witnessed the incidents; it didn't stop them contributing in excess of 60 posts on the subject in the 'yesterday's shenanigans' thread.

One of these so called 'traditionalists' (only last week) actually wanted to contribute to a fund to defend two multi-convicted drug dealers who beat a man unconscious and continued to beat him even when he was lying on the ground unconscious. An absolutely disgraceful act for any human being to perform I'm sure most would agree, and yet this same fellow 'Jambo' labled the person who threw the coffee at the UJ crew yesterday.....cowardly!!!

It's about time we all realised that there are people on here (and at all away games now) with a different agenda to simply being a Hearts fan. We're at Hamilton in a couple of weeks; can I ask the people who read this website to simply observe what some of our number are trying to achieve.

It's not just watching our team, that's for sure!!!

suzie_preston
my personal opinion about the sectarian singing yesterday is i don't blame the young lads but i blame the adults who encourage them. yhe adults with them yesterday were a disgace and hopefully that's who the club go after if anybody, i actually feel sorry for those young lads because they're the future of heart of midlothian.

Yes I agree the singing yesterday is not what Heart's want but we as adult's should be leading by example, would it not be better to show these young people what is suitable song's to sing?

And instead of shouting abuse to them or threatening them which only brings out the worst in teenager's.

There was at most 20/25 most of them aged between 11 & 15yrs and a couple of older one's so surely they are a small minority that if everytime they started to sing something unsuitable the rest of the supporter's sang a suitable Heart's song and drowned them out they would realise they were not being heard and maybe join in singing along?

Just a thought and surely better than involving the police or violence towards them.

As I'm sure they are not bad kid's, they just need redirecting.

suzie_preston
Only when they are singing sectarian songs at Hearts games. :laugh:

How many of the one's singing yesterday were McDonald's employee's?:rolleyes:

How many of the one's singing yesterday were McDonald's employee's?:rolleyes:

Probably not many now.

When they leave or get thrown out of school, i'd guess most of them.

suzie_preston
Only when they are singing sectarian songs at Hearts games. :laugh:

Probably not many now.

When they leave or get thrown out of school, i'd guess most of them.

So you think McDonald's staff are brainless?:eek:

My daughter certainly isn't brainless and had a private education and work's for McDonald's.

She and a few of her friends are employed by McDonald's and they are all student's at either college or uni, most of the people they work with are student's as they are very flexible with there shift pattern's for them.

My daughter certainly isn't brainless and had a private education and work's for McDonald's.

She and a few of her friends are employed by McDonald's and they are all student's at either college or uni, most of the people they work with are student's as they are very flexible with there shift pattern's for them.

The feel good story of the year.

Suzie, when your daughter et al have moved on to greener pastures, the same chicken heads that tried to cause bother with other Hearts fans will still be there, toasting buns and dreaming one day that they will be promoted to the man who flips the burgers.

my personal opinion about the sectarian singing yesterday is i don't blame the young lads but i blame the adults who encourage them. yhe adults with them yesterday were a disgace and hopefully that's who the club go after if anybody, i actually feel sorry for those young lads because they're the future of heart of midlothian.

Do these guys drink in Robbos ? :whistling:

I was standing right next to them and I would have said most were between 16-19 with a couple under 15, while there was also a few adults there aswell. Being in the same age group as most of them I would be pretty sure they wont 'grow out of it', they know exactly what there doing and i think its pathetic.

I reckon people should start bringing more Scotland flags to the games instead of the UJ's and if they start there Rule Britannia pesh the rest of us should sing Flower Of Scotland or something like that?

suzie_preston
Suzie, when your daughter et al have moved on to greener pastures, the same chicken heads that tried to cause bother with other Hearts fans will still be there, toasting buns and dreaming one day that they will be promoted to the man who flips the burgers.

Yes they will move on to greener pastures, it's part time work that help's put some pocket money in their purses for now.

So shouldn't we be feeling sorry for these young kid's with no future and try to understand why they behave the way they did yesterday?

And as I suggested earlier show them by example what is right, not use threats and abuse towards then as children only learn by what they see and if they can be so easily lead the wrong way carn't they be lead the right way also?

siegementality
Why should whether they were there or not have any relevance at all?

There were two 'traditionalists' on here earlier and neither of them were at the game yesterday. So although they weren't there and hadn't witnessed the incidents; it didn't stop them contributing in excess of 60 posts on the subject in the 'yesterday's shenanigans' thread.

One of these so called 'traditionalists' (only last week) actually wanted to contribute to a fund to defend two multi-convicted drug dealers who beat a man unconscious and continued to beat him even when he was lying on the ground unconscious. An absolutely disgraceful act for any human being to perform I'm sure most would agree, and yet this same fellow 'Jambo' labled the person who threw the coffee at the UJ crew yesterday.....cowardly!!!

It's about time we all realised that there are people on here (and at all away games now) with a different agenda to simply being a Hearts fan. We're at Hamilton in a couple of weeks; can I ask the people who read this website to simply observe what some of our number are trying to achieve.

It's not just watching our team, that's for sure!!!

The two "traditionalists" are wind up merchants, pure and simple.

The two "traditionalists" are wind up merchants, pure and simple.

They might be simple but pure is taking it too far imo. :)

suzie_preston
I was standing right next to them and I would have said most were between 16-19 with a couple under 15, while there was also a few adults there aswell. Being in the same age group as most of them I would be pretty sure they wont 'grow out of it', they know exactly what there doing and i think its pathetic.

I reckon people should start bringing more Scotland flags to the games instead of the UJ's and if they start there Rule Britannia pesh the rest of us should sing Flower Of Scotland or something like that?

Most of them are still at school aged more 13/16

Doesn't Flower of Scotland have some unsaviour wording?

Most of them are still at school aged more 13/16

Doesn't Flower of Scotland have some unsaviour wording?

To me it looked like there was maybe 2/3 under 15 and the rest at least 16, there was guys standing 4/5 seats from me in their late teens/early twenties singing along with them and finding the abuse thrown at them hillarious! But it shouldnt matter how old they are anyway!?

Also, whats wrong with our national anthem? We should sing it to let them know we and Hearts are Scottish, none of this British pish!

To me it looked like there was maybe 2/3 under 15 and the rest at least 16, there was guys standing 4/5 seats from me in their late teens/early twenties singing along with them and finding the abuse thrown at them hillarious! But it shouldnt matter how old they are anyway!?

Also, whats wrong with our national anthem? We should sing it to let them know we and Hearts are Scottish, none of this British pish!

Mate, lets remove all this Scottish/British/Proddy/Catholic nonsense altogether by not having ANY songs that relate to these things. HMFC=Hearts songs, no need for any other traditional songs of any kind whatsoever.

Let Hearts, the police and sensible Hearts fans take the lead in killing this nonsense off once and for all. Film and identify the cuplrits, name and shame them, ban them and even prosecute them if required.

Mate, lets remove all this Scottish/British/Proddy/Catholic nonsense altogether by not having ANY songs that relate to these things. HMFC=Hearts songs, no need for any other traditional songs of any kind whatsoever.

Let Hearts, the police and sensible Hearts fans take the lead in killing this nonsense off once and for all. Film and identify the cuplrits, name and shame them, ban them and even prosecute them if required.

Thats a good point, probably just getting caught up in all this crap. After all we are there to support Hearts, not anyone else. The good thing is they were kicked out, eventually, but should the police not then take their names and the give them to Hearts?

Are all Hearts fans scottish?

Im sure our fanbase has spread far and wide since 1874.

not the young naive lads i'm having a pop at! it's the adults who's company there in and we all know the supporters bus they travel on.

Sorry. We don't all know. I don't, for one.

Name the 'bus in question.

If they're all on the same bus, identification will be much easier.

you have a word! were you there yesterday?

Yes. I don't start greetin' on a messageboard about it, though. As i say, worse things going on in the world than a few wee chants. Easily offended, it would seem.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Do these guys drink in Robbos ? :whistling:

How would any of the whiter than white brigade know tho? They would never venture into such a place.:rolleyes:

Very poor show from those responsible.

It's a matter of time before we are chosen for punishment before the Glasgow pair, so I hope these 'fans' think about what they are doing in future.

Where is this "young lads" thing coming from? Granted there were a couple of young lads in the 20 or so that were ejected, but most were certainly of age to be served alcohol (obviously). There were even a few older than me. One in particular was not a day under 50, so why we are bleating on about them being too young to know any better is a nonsense.

While we are on the subject, why do some people find it necessary to sing these type of songs? Genuine question! Not really interested on the subject of the songs, everyone entitled to their views imo, but I just dont get the reason why some feel their beliefs should be forced onto others, despite the futillity, and certainly at an event that bears no relation to the subject! I work hard all week, and spend a small fortune on taking my young family to away games. They shouldnt have to be forced to listen to that sort of nonsense, or put in a position where they feel intimidated or frightened by the reactions of others around them.

suzie_preston
Where is this "young lads" thing coming from? Granted there were a couple of young lads in the 20 or so that were ejected, but most were certainly of age to be served alcohol (obviously). There were even a few older than me. One in particular was not a day under 50, so why we are bleating on about them being too young to know any better is a nonsense.While we are on the subject, why do some people find it necessary to sing these type of songs? Genuine question! Not really interested on the subject of the songs, everyone entitled to their views imo, but I just dont get the reason why some feel their beliefs should be forced onto others, despite the futillity, and certainly at an event that bears no relation to the subject! I work hard all week, and spend a small fortune on taking my young family to away games. They shouldnt have to be forced to listen to that sort of nonsense, or put in a position where they feel intimidated or frightened by the reactions of others around them.

Sorry but which game was you at?

Doesn't sound like the Killie game:rolleyes:

If these 'lads' are in some way responsible for the almost weekly media claims of 'outpourings of bile' from our support (?) .....and the persistent reports of Tynecastle being a 'vile place' ..........then lets just get them to **** before the SFA / SPL make an example of us............AND THEY WILL :mad:

I wonder what impact a visit from a senior Tynie employee would have if, while at a game, they were asked to explain HOW EXACTLY was singing such dross and waving union flags ( at the likes of Rugby park - wtf ) supposed to be promoting the HMFC ?

Might they go all sheepish and STFU !!

why do some people find it necessary to sing these type of songs?

An attempt to be included socially, fuelled by their own insecurities. To be one of the gang. Because humans, even uneducated bigoted fools, like to associate with others.

It's really a lost cause though. Neds will be neds will be neds. They've had years of school to educate them in the way to live in normal society but prefer to ignore this in an attempt to appear cool to their associates.

Sorry but which game was you at?

Doesn't sound like the Killie game:rolleyes:

Yes the killie game, in the row directly in front of this crowd.

Were you?

I was in the wet zone (rain, not coffee) down behind the goal, about half way up the bottom tier and missed most of the controversy thankfully.

A guy I was with had a wee altercation with a bloke a couple of rows behind us but it was all sorted out quite peacefully at half time.

I'm glad I wasn't sitting near the trouble as it would have ruined what was a top day out. We got the train from Livingston to Glasgow, had a good bevvy in the Goose, then went straight to the game. Maybe I was just too merry to notice all the bother, as I don't seem to remember Bruno's goal being as brilliant as it looked on the telly last night!!

An attempt to be included socially, fuelled by their own insecurities. To be one of the gang. Because humans, even uneducated bigoted fools, like to associate with others.

It's really a lost cause though. Neds will be neds will be neds. They've had years of school to educate them in the way to live in normal society but prefer to ignore this in an attempt to appear cool to their associates.

I can certainly see the reasoning behind this, and perfectly natural and acceptable. But surely being part of the fan base, and part of what should and could be a fantastic gathering of, in our case, Hearts fans, singing Hearts songs, and getting right behind our team, would be enough to satisfy our natural tribal instincts!

suzie_preston
Yes the killie game, in the row directly in front of this crowd.

Were you?

Yes I most certainly was and they were teenagers apart from 3 older guy's the rest of them are kid's still at school.

You should have gone to Specsaver's:tongue:

Guest Dipped Flake

Instead of bleating away on here, and giving the media loads of ammunition to use against our club, can I suggest that everyone who was at the game or listening on the radio/tv and was offended by the sectarian rubbish, please email the club and register your disgust. Hearts need to know that the vast majority of Hearts fans have no wish to be associated with these songs...

Can I, as a Killie fan, say thank you to the majority of Hearts fans who made it perfectly clear that they wanted the "Rule Britannia" brigade to get to feck!

Yes I most certainly was and they were teenagers apart from 3 older guy's the rest of them are kid's still at school.

You'll find that is a lie.

portobellojambo1

Don't think that is true Suzie.

OHH THE HUMANITYmanatee.bmp

This is Hugh, he's a manatee

Does anyone else think that what happened on Saturday was a bit of a storm in a teacup?

I wasn't a part of the group singing the songs, I was just along from them. It was a bit daft of them, as there's no way that you're going to sit as part of a fairly small group singing those songs during a game and not get at the very least chucked out and possibly lifted. When people say that they're not real fans, they're totally wrong - these are guys who follow Hearts all over the country week in, week out, so it's just a copout to say that they're not "real fans", whatever those might be.

The "Mini-Hun" thing's a bit cringeworthy too. Whether people on here like it or not, there's been an element of the Hearts support singing these songs for decades, so it's really bit more complicated than that. That's without even mentioning the fact that the supposition that anyone with Unionist sympathies must be a Rangers fan (and vice versa) is in itself much more bigoted than most of the songs that people are getting hot under the collar over.

Neither "side" (for want of a better term) really did themselves many favours on Saturday, the people who were booing would've been a lot more easy to take seriously if they'd actually gone down and had a go to the boys' faces (not the younger ones, I suppose).

Ultimately, the infighting didn't do anyone any good. Hopefully it won't become a feature in future away games.

Guest jambomickey
Does anyone else think that what happened on Saturday was a bit of a storm in a teacup?

I wasn't a part of the group singing the songs, I was just along from them. It was a bit daft of them, as there's no way that you're going to sit as part of a fairly small group singing those songs during a game and not get at the very least chucked out and possibly lifted. When people say that they're not real fans, they're totally wrong - these are guys who follow Hearts all over the country week in, week out, so it's just a copout to say that they're not "real fans", whatever those might be.

The "Mini-Hun" thing's a bit cringeworthy too. Whether people on here like it or not, there's been an element of the Hearts support singing these songs for decades, so it's really bit more complicated than that. That's without even mentioning the fact that the supposition that anyone with Unionist sympathies must be a Rangers fan (and vice versa) is in itself much more bigoted than most of the songs that people are getting hot under the collar over.

Neither "side" (for want of a better term) really did themselves many favours on Saturday, the people who were booing would've been a lot more easy to take seriously if they'd actually gone down and had a go to the boys' faces (not the younger ones, I suppose).

Ultimately, the infighting didn't do anyone any good. Hopefully it won't become a feature in future away games.

there's no doubt that a small section of our support would be more suited to ibrox

there's no doubt that a small section of our support would be more suited to ibrox

You haven't in any way, shape or form replied to the point that I was making, Mick. If you're saying that, because they sing these songs or have these views, they should support Rangers, that is in itself bigoted, Mick.

Guest jambomickey
You haven't in any way, shape or form replied to the point that I was making, Mick. If you're saying that, because they sing these songs or have these views, they should support Rangers, that is in itself bigoted, Mick.

tell you what you sit beside me at next away game and we'll have this conversation when it starts up?

tell you what you sit beside me at next away game and we'll have this conversation when it starts up?

Is this you trying to act hard, Mick? Point and cringe.

Regardless of what was sung (and I was about ten feet to the left of them on Saturday), they aren't "Rangers songs" any more than they're Hearts songs. People on here have often accused me of being blinded by Old Firm bigotry, Mick, but if you've reached a stage where you think that anything sympathetic to the Union belongs to Rangers then I think that you've been far more affected than I have, Mick.

Archived