EDUCATE YOUNG LADS FROM YESTERDAY

Guest jambomickey

What a stupid statement beyond belief.

Who in their right mind is going to wave an irish flag at tyne.

And you say SHOULD stop short of violence.

Should never get near that stage never mind short.

And you are a PC man.

Or have i missed something. Hidden issues and all that.

The guy who killed his uncle Irvinejambo and then became him once said how he took a tri colour to tynie. However it may not actually be true. :heartscup:

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The guy who killed his uncle Irvinejambo and then became him once said how he took a tri colour to tynie. However it may not actually be true. :heartscup:

:eek::laugh:

However it's interesting to note that some think it's wrong and "well hard" to shout at " kids" for singing outdated songs, and these same people who think it's wrong that people go to stewards to have the offenders removed.Just what are people meant to do if you can't have a go or sneak?

Surely there's some kind of a happy medium? Like, for instance, going up and having a go without starting to threaten wee laddies? Alternatively, have a go at the guys who're big enough to look after themselves and don't wait until they've all been chucked out and then start on a bunch of schoolkids.

Political views? Don't make me laugh. The day one of these lunkheads develops a political view his brain will short circuit from the effort. Nope, they've picked these songs up from Celtic-hating adults who feel left out of the OF bile-fest and do their best to import their little bit of the West of Scotland to Tynecastle. Please don't try to dress up this mindless imitation of stupid adults as something it's not.

It'd only be "imported from the West of Scotland" if no-one in any other part of the world held these views, which clearly isn't the case. With specific reference to the East of Scotland, there are plenty of people on this side of the country who hold these views, whether you like it or not. Dressing it up as "copying the West coast" is ridiculous and ignorant. Still, well done on having apparently finally moved from "Rangers" to "West coast". Maybe some time next week it'll finally have moved on to "some people".

I'd suggest that your implication that, because they disagree with you, none of them have "real" political viewpoints is another piece of bigotry. A different form of bigotry, but no less bigoted for that.

No, the bigotry is in the songs and the singers - don't try to deflect attention away from that basic fact. This stuff has no relevance outside the West and parts of the Central Belt. Two football teams have thrived on it for more than a century now. Your assertion that people outside the fanbases of these two teams who indulge in the sectarianism and bigotry don't deserve to be associated with them is an extreme minority view.

Whether or not the songs are bigoted isn't really my point, though, is it? That's an entirely irrelevant attempt at changing the subject. Once again, though, it's nice to see that you've apparently become spokesperson for "the majority".

It is, without a shadow a doubt, bigoted to suggest that anyone who holds these views - whether the views themselves are bigoted or not - should be associated with any football team other than the one that they support.

This is ridiculous. How can asking someone a question about one of his posts be "evading the point"? Why should I have to talk about Rangers in replying to your post when only part of the post was about them? Utterly devoid of logic.

Maybe you should stipulate in future which parts of your posts you wish people to reply to. Might make life a bit compicated, though.

The whole post was about the Rangers thing. You picked up on one throwaway phrase which was a tiny part of that - not a point that I was making, a phrase that I used, and which I subsequently admitted wasn't a great one.

My apologies. That'll teach me to skim-read threads.

That's okay, kiddo.

Banned from where? Kickback? What Kickback rules would they have contravened? Or banned from Tynecastle? Do you think Kickback passes on information about members to the club/the police? I very much doubt it. You'll have to try harder if you want to explain the lack of people who have come on here to admit they were doing the singing.

I'm not aware of any adults planning a "campaign of intimidation" against the poor "wee laddies". The only adults I'm worried about are the ones influencing them. Let's stop pretending they're wee laddies/children too - it's getting a bit pathetic. If they're not old enough to be responsible for their actions and behave in a civilised fashion, they shouldn't be going to matches unsupervised. But they're plenty old enough.

Yeah, it was Kickback that I was talking about.

There was a time that I'd have agreed with you about them not having contravened any rules, but that was before I got banned for, among other things, suggesting a transfer target and slagging Aberdeen fans. You don't have to break any rules to get accused of "trolling". It's the online equivalent of "bringing the game into disrepute". I'm not saying that to whine, being banned from a forum doesn't have a great impact on my life, but to say that you won't get banned if you don't contravene rules isn't true.

As to your last point, I'd agree that they're old enough to take responsibility for their actions, but I'd still say that it's a point of common decency that grown men shouldn't be threatening wee laddies.

In reply to your suggestion, How many are big and brave enough to take on even 3 or 4 alone? They do not want to discuss the stituation, and anyone fronting them up, is in danger of getting injured or at the very least thrown out themselves for causing a distrubance. The crowd in question are not supporting the team, but are there to air their biggoted veiws. As I have stated my nephew is one and he has no time for discussion, so anyone hoping to chat nicely to these guys have no chance. Confronting them means only one thing, fight! By shouting them down they have the crowd with them so no confrontation and by talking to the police/ stewards they get the culprits dealt with. The people singing these songs know it's wrong( yes even the "kids") and will cause trouble for HMFC before they even concider changing ( which I don't beleive they will anyway) They are living in the past and should grow up.

• Moderators

There was a time that I'd have agreed with you about them not having contravened any rules, but that was before I got banned for, among other things, suggesting a transfer target and slagging Aberdeen fans. You don't have to break any rules to get accused of "trolling". It's the online equivalent of "bringing the game into disrepute". I'm not saying that to whine, being banned from a forum doesn't have a great impact on my life, but to say that you won't get banned if you don't contravene rules isn't true.

Just to clarify that Trolling is against the rules - please read them.

Anyway, I think we've had enough borderline trolling around the education of young people so thread closed as a new weekend and match dawns.

M3.

Archived