Yesterdays Shenanigans.

Eckauskas

Unbelievable!

We come off the back of beating Hibs in their own back yard and the feel good factor this week has been pretty special, yet there's always a section of our support who feel a need to try and ruin things at the away games, and we criticise the old firm for doing it!

It's time the club took a more active approach to this and turned up mob handed to actually catch these idiots whilst working in conjunction with the police, and then banned them from every ground in Scotland.

You always get your usual suspects at away games when it's in a minority, but yesterday it appears there were a lot more than usual for some reason, no idea why though.

As for launching hot coffee from the top tier, just how stupid can someone actually bloody get? It almost hit Eck and his mates, and I guarantee there would have been kids and lassies in and around that area too, have a word with yourself because you know who you are you coward!

Agree John. We all know that our problem stems from a small minority. For long enough I had have felt that it would be unfair to focus on Hearts problem, when the problem is so much greater in scale with RanTic. However these days I think it would actually make more sense logistically and operationally for the club and the police to take a VERY proactive position in identifying, prosecuting and banning our own nutters. If it takes a constant stream of match-day arrests and subsequent prosecutions to ban them from Tynie and all Scottish grounds, then so be it. It won't stop them from being nutters, but at least by removing their unwanted association with the club, we can wash our hands off them.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or possibily just concerned parents, who don't like the idea of their children being assualting by adult Hearts supporters, if they step out of line when they go to the match?

If I thought for one minutes my 15 year old son would behave in such a way at a football match I would stop them going, IMO it is the fault of the parents these wee boys behave in such an ignorant,uneducated manner, if you had stoped and asked any of them what they were singing about, they would not have a clue.

PresidentRomanov
Yes, possibly. But I think you're being disingenuous on this thread by constantly referring to "children", as are others who have tried to defend the sectarian louts. We're not talking toddlers here. They were mostly in their late teens or 20s.

I'm not defending them, they're a pain in the arse, but the reason I'm referring to them as children, is because that's what most of them are, can you not understand that?

PresidentRomanov
If I thought for one minutes my 15 year old son would behave in such a way at a football match I would stop them going, IMO it is the fault of the parents these wee boys behave in such an ignorant,uneducated manner, if you had stoped and asked any of them what they were singing about, they would not have a clue.

So would I, but if you have a 15 year old son, you'll know that you can't always know what they're up to all the time.

How would you feel if a grown man put him in hospital before you had the chance to deal with him yourself?

I'm not defending them, they're a pain in the arse, but the reason I'm referring to them as children, is because that's what most of them are, can you not understand that?

They're somebody's children, sure. But if you're telling me they're not old enough to be responsible for their actions, you're wrong. As I said above, most of them were late teens into their 20s. Old enough to get married and have a job. Old enough to know that if you sing sectarian rubbish, you take the consequences.

Dave, believe me, for once I'm being deadly serious.

I've already said these kids in question are a complete pain in the arse, and do need their arses kicked, but as a father of a 15 year old boy, I'm absolutely raging at the behaviour of some grown men yesterday.

And don't tell me it's a coincidence that the first time there's been anything like this has happened, was the one time when it was only young kids behaving like this, never seen any of these brave men take any grown up to task for that sort of thing.

I certainly don't condone people threatening kids, or even adults over this, but these lads were looking for a reaction and got one. I imagine there were taken out of the ground by the police as much for their own safety as anything else. I couldn't go yesterday ( was in John Lewis looking at carpets :mad: ) so this is all based on the anecdotal stuff posted on here.

ToadKiller Dog

These wee ladies new what they were doing ,they were out to upset the hearts fans ,something which has been brewing up since the hamilton away game .

Cant exxcuse the coffee chucker ,but i was happy to see and be part of the majority of the hearts support who stood up for our clubs reputation.

As for the worried parent about there kids getting harrased,i would be more worried about my 15 year old being encouraged by the 2 or 3 fully grown men who hung about with the young boys encouraging and whipping up there rangers nonsense(what was there purpose?),

It was funny that when the police were rightly called to deal with it when reported the group of adults left the stupider teenagers to the law and slinked off.

So would I, but if you have a 15 year old son, you'll know that you can't always know what they're up to all the time.

How would you feel if a grown man put him in hospital before you had the chance to deal with him yourself?

They were threatened, nothing more, I would perhaps be happy if an adult gave my son a wee fright ,lets be honest when we were kids adults would not have hesitated to do so, although I do agree whoever chucked the coffee was way out of line

These wee ladies new what they were doing ,they were out to upset the hearts fans ,something which has been brewing up since the hamilton away game .

Cant exxcuse the coffee chucker ,but i was happy to see and be part of the majority of the hearts support who stood up for our clubs reputation.

As for the worried parent about there kids getting harrased,i would be more worried about my 15 year old being encouraged by the 2 or 3 fully grown men who hung about with the young boys encouraging and whipping up there rangers nonsense(what was there purpose?),

It was funny that when the police were rightly called to deal with it when reported the group of adults left the stupider teenagers to the law and slinked off.

I think they way these adults behave is very unnerving and sure as hell would not let them anywhere near my sons

Guest Fabuloso
They were threatened, nothing more, I would perhaps be happy if an adult gave my son a wee fright ,lets be honest when we were kids adults would not have hesitated to do so, although I do agree whoever chucked the coffee was way out of line

I agree - heard it was only half full.

PresidentRomanov
They're somebody's children, sure. But if you're telling me they're not old enough to be responsible for their actions, you're wrong. As I said above, most of them were late teens into their 20s. Old enough to get married and have a job. Old enough to know that if you sing sectarian rubbish, you take the consequences.

Just seems strange that it's only young kids who seem to be targeted by the vigilanties in our support.

ToadKiller Dog

Thats an gross over reaction picky the teenagers were never under real threat of physical violence ,verbal yes they were told a few home truths by a couple of older guys but nothing near physical.

suzie_preston
If they weren't, why were they singing songs about:

the Pope

Bobby Sands

Proddy housing schemes

The Sash

Derry's Walls

the UDA

and a whole lot more?

They're Hearts fans?

Could have fooled me. They weren't even watching the match.

Is Britain not suppose to be a country were we are proud of the fact that freedom of speech is a right and there is nothing wrong with flying the flag of your nation, if you go to America they fly their national flag in their homes and garden's with pride and as much as some of you so called Scot's hate it you are British unless you want to change it.

And as most of the lad's with the flag's yesterday were aged between 11 & 15yrs and yes they maybe did wind people up but I guess as teenager's none of you did anything to annoy or provoke adult's?

I was there yesterday and those idiots singing all that bile made us look no better than than the ugly sisters and i was one of the many around them who shouted them down and cheered when they got thrown out for their offensive songs ..

there is no place in the hearts family for these so called supporters ..no sign of them after half time and the atmosphere was better and the team played their part. :mad:

no they were not, i'm not an expert on peoples ages but if any of them were over 16 i never saw them

i would not call them children they were young men who who when being thrown out just laughed it off so they were not scared i was under the stand when they were shown the gate

PresidentRomanov

I'd be delighted if someone gave my son a fright, I'd thank him for it, but that wasn't what was happening yesterday.

People were threatening these kids like they were the same age as them.

Guest Fabuloso
Is Britain not suppose to be a country were we are proud of the fact that freedom of speech is a right and there is nothing wrong with flying the flag of your nation, if you go to America they fly their national flag in their homes and garden's with pride and as much as some of you so called Scot's hate it you are British unless you want to change it.

And as most of the lad's with the flag's yesterday were aged between 11 & 15yrs and yes they maybe did wind people up but I guess as teenager's none of you did anything to annoy or provoke adult's?

Fool.

Just seems strange that it's only young kids who seem to be targeted by the vigilanties in our support.

There you go again - "young kids". Substitute "people who should know better".

The sad fact is that there is a lowlife element of our support - the UJ sectarian mob. The sooner this mob is banned the better for the overwhelming majority of Hearts fans.

PresidentRomanov
Thats an gross over reaction picky the teenagers were never under real threat of physical violence ,verbal yes they were told a few home truths by a couple of older guys but nothing near physical.

Yet they were ejected for their own safety?

Grooming?

I'll take that as a defence of the sectarian singing yesterday. Do you have children? Do you encourage them to sing sectarian songs?

There are some worrying people on this messageboard.

portobellojambo1
Is assualting children legal?

I am not sure if you were at the game Pickybum, but if not are you saying those involved (on the initial goading side, i.e. those who it appeared had gathered with the intention of winding up the other Hearts fans as far as possible) were children. Young they may well have been, children they most certainly were not (or if some were I suspect their fathers, if they had been there, would have reacted in the exact same manner as the rest of the crowd).

And what they didn't seem to understand was a large number of those getting most annoyed were not (in their words) part-time Proddies, but guys who know an awful lot more about what the Union Flag stands for, and what they were singing about than they will ever know.

The flags didn't bother me in the slightest yesterday, I would never take offence at the Union Flag. The manner in which those that had them were using them, and the songs they were choosing to sing, was what other Hearts fans found so offensive yesterday.

Waving a Union Flag, and singing The Sash, at a football match does not make you a hard line Protestant or Loyalist extremist, maybe makes you think you are, but truth is it is a hell of a lot more complicated than that.

Those there yesterday appeared to have set their stall out with only one intention in mind, to start a brawl with other Hearts fans inside Rugby Park who were unwilling to join in with them; as others said last night on a thread, which for some strange reason has disappeared, it is a situation that could well have developed had the stewards not removed a small number of people, and if it had developed those removed would not have been on the winning side.

If they were indeed children acting like adults their fathers need to tell them that in some situations like that people have been hurt, explain to them that as adults (which most of them were, admittedly at the younger end of adulthood) they are responsible for their actions.

The place to express support for the Protestant religion, or Loyalist paramilitaries, is not inside a football ground while watching Hearts. If these people wish to develop such interests there are more than a few Hearts fans who could help point them in the right direction, and some of them were in the top tier at Rugby Park yesterday, shouting at the "children".

no they were not, i'm not an expert on peoples ages but if any of them were over 16 i never saw them

I did.

What the heck has "the right to fly the flag of their nation" to do with going to watch Hearts play Kilmarnock on a dismal Saturday ? If they're so keen to publicly express this pride, then why don't they also hoist their flags and sing their songs on (for example)

The Number 44 bus

The furniture department of John Lewis

Burger King

The Mound on any given Sunday

etc

These are all equally available venues for them to pronounce this pride. Why do they restrict their public declarations to a football ground ? Who are they trying to convince ?

suzie_preston
Fool.

????????????????

Because????????????????

The sadest thing about this thread is that we won yesterday and all the talk is about a few young laddies flying their nation's flag and winding a few old folk up.

How sad is that???????????

Get a life and stop worrying what everyone else is doing.

????????????????

Because????????????????

The sadest thing about this thread is that we won yesterday and all the talk is about a few young laddies flying their nation's flag and winding a few old folk up.

How sad is that???????????

Get a life and stop worrying what everyone else is doing.

fool

I'd be delighted if someone gave my son a fright, I'd thank him for it, but that wasn't what was happening yesterday.

People were threatening these kids like they were the same age as them.

Picky, Whilst i do not condone violence in any matter and no matter what age. You are being very selective here. No I was not at the game but if anyone is old enough to go to away games unsupervised then they are old enough to know right from wrong. Singing bile no matter what age is wrong and these Lads know it. In this instance the police should have acted quicker by arresting them and asking for the parents to colect them from Killie. Maybe then the parents would find out what their kids are up to. As someone who frequents Robbos on match days are you not sickened by the song enenating from that establishment?

Surely if these idiots were ejected then their details would have been kept. This can then be passed on to Hearts and they can be banned from the ground? Its time for these "youngsters" to stand up for their actions. If they want to sing these songs then they shoud leave it to the kindergarten and let the grown ups go to football. They should also remember that some supporters have ended up in prison recently for racism at matches. I am hopeful this would wipe the smile of their faces.

Drylaw Hearts

It's not the U16's people should be having a go at imo - it is the idiots who were egging them on and telling them what to sing.

If these guys haven't realised they haven't made a fool of themselves then they are more stupid then I ever imagined.

Dragging kids into there dark world because the majority of adults are not interested in getting involved is desperation.

I reckon there were 10-15 Adults and 60-70 children involved yesterday.

Cringeworthy.

suzie_preston
What the heck has "the right to fly the flag of their nation" to do with going to watch Hearts play Kilmarnock on a dismal Saturday ? If they're so keen to publicly express this pride, then why don't they also hoist their flags and sing their songs on (for example)

The Number 44 bus

The furniture department of John Lewis

Burger King

The Mound on any given Sunday

etc

These are all equally available venues for them to pronounce this pride. Why do they restrict their public declarations to a football ground ? Who are they trying to convince ?

Am sorry you have lost me, but it's time for me to go to work so to all you sad people who will spend your Sunday sitting at a computer instead of living in the real world "have a nice"

PresidentRomanov
I am not sure if you were at the game Pickybum, but if not are you saying those involved (on the initial goading side, i.e. those who it appeared had gathered with the intention of winding up the other Hearts fans as far as possible) were children. Young they may well have been, children they most certainly were not (or if some were I suspect their fathers, if they had been there, would have reacted in the exact same manner as the rest of the crowd).

And what they didn't seem to understand was a large number of those getting most annoyed were not (in their words) part-time Proddies, but guys who know an awful lot more about what the Union Flag stands for, and what they were singing about than they will ever know.

The flags didn't bother me in the slightest yesterday, I would never take offence at the Union Flag. The manner in which those that had them were using them, and the songs they were choosing to sing, was what other Hearts fans found so offensive yesterday.

Waving a Union Flag, and singing The Sash, at a football match does not make you a hard line Protestant or Loyalist extremist, maybe makes you think you are, but truth is it is a hell of a lot more complicated than that.

Those there yesterday appeared to have set their stall out with only one intention in mind, to start a brawl with other Hearts fans inside Rugby Park who were unwilling to join in with them; as others said last night on a thread, which for some strange reason has disappeared, it is a situation that could well have developed had the stewards not removed a small number of people, and if it had developed those removed would not have been on the winning side.

If they were indeed children acting like adults their fathers need to tell them that in some situations like that people have been hurt, explain to them that as adults (which most of them were, admittedly at the younger end of adulthood) they are responsible for their actions.

The place to express support for the Protestant religion, or Loyalist paramilitaries, is not inside a football ground while watching Hearts. If these people wish to develop such interests there are more than a few Hearts fans who could help point them in the right direction, and some of them were in the top tier at Rugby Park yesterday, shouting at the "children".

Unfortunately, I had to miss my first game of the season yesterday, but from what I've read on this thread, and the one last night, there seems to plenty support, for physically sorting out these young lads, that's not on.

Funnily enough, I remember being in a hotel bar in Basel before the game there, and there was a load of people behaving in a similar way, yet the vast majority of Hearts supporters then did nothing more than mutter about how out of order it was to each other under their breath.

It was maybe just a coincidence that the people behaving like that then, were mostly 40 odd year old 6 footers :laugh:

Am sorry you have lost me, but it's time for me to go to work so to all you sad people who will spend your Sunday sitting at a computer instead of living in the real world "have a nice"

You have a job ? Come off it ! :laugh:

PresidentRomanov
It's not the U16's people should be having a go at imo - it is the idiots who were egging them on and telling them what to sing.

If these guys haven't realised they haven't made a fool of themselves then they are more stupid then I ever imagined.

Dragging kids into there dark world because the majority of adults are not interested in getting involved is desperation.

I reckon there were 10-15 Adults and 60-70 children involved yesterday.

Cringeworthy.

Spot on, It's just a pity the heroes in our support, weren't so keen to tackle a fellow adult though.

Couldn't disagree more.

I felt quite proud of the overwhelming majority of Hearts fans yesterday. Booing down the songs that had nothing at all to do with Hearts, and letting the pre-pubescent, Haribo high neds in the botom teir that this kind of "supporting" is not welcome.

If the "decent" Old Firm fans were as active as the majority of Jambos yesterday at silencing the idiot minority, then I'd have more sympathy with them.

It was maybe just a coincidence that the people behaving like that then, were mostly 40 odd year old 6 footers :laugh:

God help us.

Spot on, It's just a pity the heroes in our support, weren't so keen to tackle a fellow adult though.

PB, the end result of a Hearts fan tackling a fellow adult face-to-face about certain songs being sung is predictable. Most of us don't fancy a trip to the infirmary which is why the encounter you suggest doesn't take place. It's called common-sense.

PresidentRomanov
PB, the end result of a Hearts fan tackling a fellow adult face-to-face about certain songs being sung is predictable. Most of us don't fancy a trip to the infirmary which is why the encounter you suggest doesn't take place. It's called common-sense.

I agree, but do you not agree that It's a bit cowardly to threaten a child for doing the same thing?

Drylaw Hearts

It was obvious to me that the Police and Hearts Security had these guys cards marked.

I think 1 or 2 may recieve a letter from the club sometime soon but they only have themselves to blame as they went to yesterdays match with the intention of causing trouble amongst fellow fans.

Childish behaviour from a few thick individuals who I suspect are quiet as mice when not drunk or high as kites.

Funnily enough, I remember being in a hotel bar in Basel before the game there, and there was a load of people behaving in a similar way, yet the vast majority of Hearts supporters then did nothing more than mutter about how out of order it was to each other under their breath.

I remember Basel. Top trip.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Seems you can't win here.

Whenever there is a thread complaining about the singing the first line you get is 'why did you not do anything at the game?'

BUT

when people actually decide to do something the easily offended brigade go mental and say it was out of order.

Feel sorry for the folk that weren't involved who were sitting next to them but well done whoever shouted them down.

when people actually decide to do something the easily offended brigade go mental and say it was out of order.

You're missing the point Alan. What people are saying is that threatening children with violence and throwing scalding hot drinks around - that could hit anyone - is unacceptable.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
You're missing the point Alan. What people are saying is that threatening children with violence and throwing scalding hot drinks around - that could hit anyone - is unacceptable.

Probably a bit far chucking hot drinks at them. I guess someone just had enough of it.

I can't comment on if it was children or not, wasn't at the game. I know a few of the guys usually involved and they are not children. Nice guys away from the football as well.

Have no love for the songs being sung, but throwing hot tea at these kids is well out of order.

Its really sad that after a fantastic result, you read about incidents like this from yesterday.

Agree entirely Therapist.

That said, these children shouldn't be travelling to away games on their own.

I agree, but do you not agree that It's a bit cowardly to threaten a child for doing the same thing?

Child may be the legal term for someone of that age. In reality that child is often foul-mouthed, beligirent, 5 foot 9, 10 stones or more and backed up by other "children" of a similar physique. Given their limited ability to engage in rational argument, they also have a propensity to use their legal status ("you can't touch me") to make themselves virtually untouchable.

Its a badge of pride to be lifted by the polis, get into scraps, get an asbo, take some minor convictions... Although maybe I'm just stereotyping and in reality they're conducting a school project on the social psychology of crowd behaviour.:mw_rolleyes:

portobellojambo1
It was obvious to me that the Police and Hearts Security had these guys cards marked.

I think 1 or 2 may receive a letter from the club sometime soon.

But they only have themselves to blame as they went to yesterdays match with the intention of causing trouble amongst fellow fans.

Childish behaviour from a few thick individuals who I suspect are quiet as mice when not drunk or high as kites.

Very possibly DH. I can only assume the Hearts security were there yesterday because it was a pay at the gate match and HMFC had no control over whom would have access to entry, they usually say in advance which games they (HMFC security people) will be travelling to.

The security guys were certainly rushing about the stands yesterday, presumably trying to get as much information about the group as they could (i.e. those that they did not recognise - the thread last night indicated that at least one of the group was wearing a Rangers top).

You can ram that Union flag.Anytime i see one.Whoever is carrying it whatever the age get plenty verbals.No place at a Hearts game.If you want to carry that filth **** off to Ibrox.Weirdos

Edit.But no need to throw anything.

Archived