Jambo Towns

neverlikedElvis

winston churchill
Probably Pilton, the home of the boomtown rat, deek rearend.

There are alot of jambos through here in Livvy, few ratbag hobos too.

another myth.

there are plenty hearts fans in pilton/granton/muirhouse and drylaw

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are a lot of Jambos in Dedridge/Murieston (areas of Livingston), not sure about other areas.

Don't know the name, but the town that Paul Ritchie is from is meant to be full of Hearts fans. Also, a fair amount in Dunfermline area.

I thought he was from Glenrothes and I wouldn't consider it full of Hearts fans by any means.

Armadale.

Alas, sadly I'm fibbing :mad:

Do Vlad and Rodney still own that house at Lasswade/Poltonhall and do they stay there when they are over here, whenever that might be ?

As far as I know mate never seen them mind:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Badgers jambo pub
Livingston used to be back in the day so I've heard? Outnumbered by the unwashed now. Broxburn has a big Hearts/Hibs contingent I think?

Is there any big Hearts towns in Fife?

It would take a very stupid/brave Hobo to walk around Broxburn shouting about that outfit.

Broxburn has always had a huge Hearts support and always will, even the uglies are outnumbered in the pub.

All wrong,Prestonpans has to be the number one mefraid,we have the biggest Hearts supporters club(members wise) out side of the big smoke.

Ask any player from the 80s-90s which supporters club player of the year they wanted to win and it would 9 times out of 10 be Prestonpans Hearts supporters club.

Only because you stole all the Danderhall hearts fans from Danderhall Hearts

All the towns in Midlothian and the western fringes of Edinburgh are Hearts strongholds where Musselburgh and 'the Pans' seem to be full of Hobo tubes.

Errrr, no they're not. Musselburgh has a good solid Hearts support and Prestonpans is a stronghold.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
All the towns in Midlothian and the western fringes of Edinburgh are Hearts strongholds where Musselburgh and 'the Pans' seem to be full of Hobo tubes.

When I was growing up (late 60s/early 70s), there were probably more Hibbys than Hearts supporters in Craigmillar/Niddrie. But we still had the famous Craigmillar Hearts club, while they had ... eh, a few neds in the Marschal Arms and the White Hoose, maybe.

Chalk up another area to us.

prestonpans are that good they have to share the bus with danderhall hearts to away games! danderhall have 35 folk pans about 12!:mad:

prestonpans are that good they have to share the bus with danderhall hearts to away games! danderhall have 35 folk pans about 12!:mad:

Lot of Panners travel with Portobello Hearts.

Exactly

Danderhall No 1 Jambo Village - Fact

mayfield

Yer arse.:tongue:

The majority of the Mayfield population originates from the Weeg. Huge amount of Rantic fans there compared to Loanhead/Bonnyrigg/Penicuik/Dalkeith.

Originally from Loanhead myself and I have to say it's the biggest Jambo town that I know of. The scenes on fountain green the night of 16/05/98 were phenomenal. :D

Goldstone Wonder

Dalgety Bay seems to have a healthy Hearts support, certainly much more in evidence than the Hobos, and the Pars for that matter.

aitcheeayartees

East Calder is crammed with Jambos....... hunners o us everywhere!

Cannae move for us!........................................

Obviously talkin kek but just thought id give East Calder a mention:D

Im from Penicuik originally and that place has more Jambos than a Jambory!

:D

KIRKCALDY is as good a Hearts town as you may find,

John Urquhart, Willie Gibson, Cammy Fraser, Willie Johnston, Paul Ritchie, Colin Cameron to name a few.

Also four under 10 football teams exist with two of these named Kirkcaldy Hearts.

I am afraid Pilton is a bit of a hobo heartland but town? no I don't think so. Anyway there are still some of us sensible ones living amongst all of the idiots. Drylaw was always Hearts country and Muirhouse was pretty much minority Jambos. Bit of a tough childhood for me growing up in the 70s in Muirhouse in one of the few hobo periods of dominance. Makes it all the sweeter now though and its always great to walk through Pilton in your colours after the latest derby victory.

I'll have to stop you there. Armoured taxi is usually the required mode of transport ;)

East Calder is crammed with Jambos....... hunners o us everywhere!

Cannae move for us!........................................

Obviously talkin kek but just thought id give East Calder a mention:D

Im from Penicuik originally and that place has more Jambos than a Jambory!

:D

Of course. East Calder has Jambos everywhere! Haha. There is quite a few of us though. And for famous Jambos Scott Crabbe lives in East Calder and I think Gary Wales used to stay in Mansfield. However as with the closer you get to the West the more Celtic and Rangers tops you see going about.

Gilmerton has always been quite mixed but more and more Tims with every passing year. My local is used to be pretty much Hearts and Hibs straight down the middle. Now the local Celtic bus picks up there on a sat.

Always found that Dalkeith and Mayfield were big Rangers country

Pneicuik is very jambofied, but there are always a few of the uninitiated in every town, as evidenced by the "Penicuik Hibs" banner in evidence at recent games v the Hobos at Tynie.

To be honest, I like that there are a few of them about. I don't have to go far to take the peee.

:108years:

alwaysthereinspirit
Met in a boozer in Loanhead one sunny morning on 02.04.06 for a few pints and bacon rolls. The place was 'jam' packed. A couple of Hobos entered and by the look on their faces when they saw the mass of maroon I knew it was going to be our day.

4 or 5, 53 seater buses full of Jambos left Loanhead that morning plus a car with 2 hobos:108years:

Are you sure there were only 2 #obos in the car. There may have been more in the back.

Disguised as seats.:tongue:

Loanhead. number one Jambo Town in Scotland.

most pubs are Hearts pubs. Danderhall Hearts bus leaves from and is run by people from Loanhead. Huge Hearts following in the town.

no Hubz buses, OF buses and very few fans of any other clubs drink in the town.

Loanhead has given Hearts Naysmith, Grant Murray, David Murie, Jason and Danny Thomson.

It's quite simply Heartsland.

no contest ;)

I'm staggered that any Hearts fan from Loanhead would mention the above players yet fail to include The Golden Vision.

Gilmerton has always been quite mixed but more and more Tims with every passing year. My local is used to be pretty much Hearts and Hibs straight down the middle. Now the local Celtic bus picks up there on a sat.

Always found that Dalkeith and Mayfield were big Rangers country

Unfortunately there are a fair amount of Huns, who couldn't find Ibrox on a map. On the plus side, you don't see too many bairns with Celtic tops on, so its not all bad news.

Hawick's not a Hearts town. Those that don't spend their Saturdays egg-chasing generally claim allegiance to one or other of the Glasgow mob

I'll go with that. My Grandad lived there and he was a huge huge fan.

Yeah - my dad stays there so he's keeping the tradition of the lone Hearts fan in the town alive!

JAMBOn_et_fromage
Yeah - my dad stays there so he's keeping the tradition of the lone Hearts fan in the town alive!

I was Hawick's lone Jambo for about 18 months in the early 90's.

Hawick's not a Hearts town. Those that don't spend their Saturdays egg-chasing generally claim allegiance to one or other of the Glasgow mob

Tongue in cheek pal. I know of a couple of Hearts fans only, one of whom is my dad! The fact that their arch-rivals at rugby (Gala) play in maroon(ish) and Hawick play in green doesn't help any........

I was Hawick's lone Jambo for about 18 months in the early 90's.

You arrived just in time to keep the Hearts presence alive - there was a Hearts fan in Hawick when I was a teenager there in the mid-late 80s but I think he emigrated to Australia.

I moved to Edinburgh from Hawick on Hogmanay 1989, and didn't have a scooby about football in Hawick, so I didn't count as a Jambo back then.

bilston angel
It used to be but not anymore. I was in the Miners club watching the Old Firm game a couple of weeks ago and it was full of Tattie Pickers who have migrated from the Hyvots:eek:

Loanhead has a proud history of families who support HMFC and players from that town who have graced the field at Tynie but it has went right downhill over the last couple of years:mw_rolleyes:

I'm staggered that any Hearts fan from Loanhead would mention the above players yet fail to include The Golden Vision.

Yes Alex Young was born and bred in Loanhead, a tremendous player, he stays in Penicuik now.

Galashiels has a large Hearts support Borders Hearts run buses to all home games and some away games. The club had over 100 members in our heydey 1998 when we won that bigggggggggggggggg cup. No Hobo bus leaves from Gala apart form the odd appearance at Hampden. Last seen after the massacre in 2006.

:108years:

was brought up in gala(left in 1990)and i will back up that statement.

used to get borders hearts bus most games circa 1987-90.

no doubtwas the biggest supported team by far.

bus used to leave from outside the salmon inn(could be renamed the brown trout inn now)and pub was always bouncing before bus left

(allthough i only waited at the door of the pub as i was only 17 when i left gala):108years::108years::108years:

J.T.F.Robertson
My folks live there, right next door to lottery winners who are Hobos. They might be able to buy a new car overy 3 months but their football team will always be pish! :108years:

My cousin (big JT) and his wife had been approved for emigration to Oz (Perth) and sold that house to said hobo, lotto winners. He also told me he left a few momentoes laying around, free of charge. :)

And speaking of "The Golden Vision".... my wife (who is from Loanhead...) experienced her first real kiss with his son... young Alex Young... is that a claim to fame...??

JAMBOn_et_fromage
Tongue in cheek pal. I know of a couple of Hearts fans only, one of whom is my dad! The fact that their arch-rivals at rugby (Gala) play in maroon(ish) and Hawick play in green doesn't help any........

Yep. The wearing of a Hearts strip was tantamount to being a 'pail merk' :tongue:

Surprised John Mitchell hasn't been on but there's a decent amount of Hearts fans in Rosyth, growing up at school etc I can remember a good few Jambos but very few of the wee teamers

JAMBOn_et_fromage
There is a lot of bumpkins that follow Hearts.................

Cheeky ****...I was only carrying out missionary work from Auld Reekie :tongue:

bilston angel
There is a lot of bumpkins that follow Hearts.................

Certainly dispels the myth that all Hearts fans come from in and around Gorgie

There are a fair few Jambos in Duns, I know of about 30 or so. Not including the family.

The Berwick Hearts SC is based there now, if I'm not mistaken.

scots civil war

nah,joppa.musselburgh and the pans have a large contingent of us lot over there,definitely have a large presence.......

however ,i do agree with previous analogy ,that the more rundown the area you tend to find more hobos/tims congregated.......

its an interesting parallel ...........................:compute:

forgot to mention , i now live on the isle of lewis and even up here , when you take the weejie loving **** out of the equation , hearts are the biggest supported club.

when i first visited the island i was shocked to see a hearts boozer in stornoway:108years::108years:

I have lived in -

Colinton Mains - Hearts

Gorgie - no explanation

Straiton - mixed

Gilmerton - absolutely crawling with hibbys

Penicuik - Hearts/OF

Longstone - Hearts

portobellojambo1

Think you are wrong The Boo. North East Edinburgh (which includes Portobello/Northfield/Mountcastle etc), Musselburgh and Prestonpans have a large Hearts following resident there. I don't think the Prestonpans Hearts SC is as strong membership wise as it once was, and a lot of guys from around that area travel with us. I have lived in many, many parts of Edinburgh (my mother thought moving house every few years was a laugh I think, I feckin hated it) and in all the places I lived the most kids I seen, other than a short residence in Leith, running about in Hibs tops was in an area just off Calder Road. I cannot remember the last time I saw anybody in Portobello wearing green and white in the street. Used to be two or three young laddies, but they appear to have disappeared off the planet (not guilty).

The Old Tolbooth
Surprised John Mitchell hasn't been on but there's a decent amount of Hearts fans in Rosyth, growing up at school etc I can remember a good few Jambos but very few of the wee teamers

I grew up in Galashiels mate, and it was riddled with Jambos, tons of us lived there and travelled up every week.

Now I'm in Rosyth I've noticed there are tons here too, and also in Inverkeithing with the Central bar being hoaching with us.

Archived