Jambo Towns

neverlikedElvis

neverlikedElvis

Loanhead. number one Jambo Town in Scotland.

most pubs are Hearts pubs. Danderhall Hearts bus leaves from and is run by people from Loanhead. Huge Hearts following in the town.

no Hubz buses, OF buses and very few fans of any other clubs drink in the town.

Loanhead has given Hearts Naysmith, Grant Murray, David Murie, Jason and Danny Thomson.

It's quite simply Heartsland.

no contest ;)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might move there.

I was giving blood the other day and the boy was from Loanhead funnily enough, tellin me its a Hearts place but the pub he drinks in is a good mix, Hearts, Hibs, OF.

Uselss info but there u go.

most pubs are Hearts pubs. Danderhall Hearts bus leaves from and is run by people from Loanhead. Huge Hearts following in the town.

Loanhead has given Hearts Naysmith, Grant Murray, David Murie, Jason and Danny Thomson.

no contest ;)

Met in a boozer in Loanhead one sunny morning on 02.04.06 for a few pints and bacon rolls. The place was 'jam' packed. A couple of Hobos entered and by the look on their faces when they saw the mass of maroon I knew it was going to be our day.

4 or 5, 53 seater buses full of Jambos left Loanhead that morning plus a car with 2 hobos:108years:

:laugh:

Well, I've heard a rumour that it is:108years:

Edited my post, I just thought it was a thread about Loanhead...so didnt get the Edinburgh post. Doh. :o

When we lived near Penicuik, it always seemed to be a Hearts town.

I went to school in Penicuik and there seemed to be a few hibees about back then. Although that was 15 years ago.

iam sorry but iam not a fan of loanhead,but it is not on the same scale of 'crapness' as the bonnyrigg's,roswell's,mayfield's and gorebridge's of this world. atleast it has a decent retail park and less neds.

speaking of naysmith he is from poltonhall mate,went to lasswade high school.

iam sorry but iam not a fan of loanhead,but it is not on the same scale of 'crapness' as the bonnyrigg's,roswell's,mayfield's and gorebridge's of this world. atleast it has a decent retail park and less neds.

Depends what end of Bonnyrigg. ;)

Ill give you the rest though.:P

Loanhead is a good hearts town. John armstrong and john stewart are 2 more youths from the heed

No he's not. He's from Loanhead and went to Paradykes Primary, you're right about his high school though.

eddie fenwick
I went to school in Penicuik and there seemed to be a few hibees about back then. Although that was 15 years ago.

at least 15 year ago:tongue:

Wouldn't say its a Hearts town as it has a decent amount of fans who support both sides of the weeg band and some Hibees but Broxburn has a good Hearts support and is the present abode of past Hearts legend Freddie Glidden and our current hero Gary Glen which hopefully will help breed a future generation of wee jambos in the Brox!

My folks live there, right next door to lottery winners who are Hobos. They might be able to buy a new car overy 3 months but their football team will always be pish! :108years:

at least 15 year ago:tongue:

OK it was 16, I was 15 when I stopped attending Beeslack, to finish my schooling at Gracemount:tongue:

Gary Naismish grew up in Dalum Grove I think, in Loanhead just over the road from my mate

No he's not. He's from Loanhead and went to Paradykes Primary, you're right about his high school though.

fair enough,but it contradicts what i heard.

Loanhead (loanheed to us natives) has and always will be a strong hearts town apart from the few village idiots

bilston angel

Loanhead is a strong Hearts town but also Penicuik has a huge Hearts presence and a much bigger population.

Plus all the surrounding area including Bonnyrigg and of course Bilston by the Burn.

neverlikedElvis

gary's from loanhead mate. family from the Dalum area, went to Para primary and then Lasswade.

OK it was 16, I was 15 when I stopped attending Beeslack, to finish my schooling at Gracemount:tongue:

I remember you comin to gracemount for yer final year....remember you being gutted when you realised that gracemount didnt do higher home economics.

All wrong,Prestonpans has to be the number one mefraid,we have the biggest Hearts supporters club(members wise) out side of the big smoke.

Ask any player from the 80s-90s which supporters club player of the year they wanted to win and it would 9 times out of 10 be Prestonpans Hearts supporters club.

I remember you comin to gracemount for yer final year....remember you being gutted when you realised that gracemount didnt do higher home economics.

5th and 6th year mate, remember you're older than me.

I was distraught:mad:

Im from Penicuik and its definately more Hearts than Hibs and always has been. the hobos know there place there :)

And whats wrong with Bonnyrigg

Notice you are from leith(great place to stay full of junkies and hoors)

Oh and Hobo bassa's

And Gary Naysmiths from Loanhead not Poltonhall if you are going to make statements check the facts first!!!!

bilston angel
And whats wrong with Bonnyrigg

Notice you are from leith(great place to stay full of junkies and hoors)

Oh and Hobo bassa's

And Gary Naysmiths from Loanhead not Poltonhall if you are going to make statements check the facts first!!!!

Do Vlad and Rodney still own that house at Lasswade/Poltonhall and do they stay there when they are over here, whenever that might be ?

Is their any town that would be classed as a Hibee town?

Livingston's got a fair amount of Jambos not as many as the OF but way more than the Hobos! :)

Fxxx the SPFL

Galashiels has a large Hearts support Borders Hearts run buses to all home games and some away games. The club had over 100 members in our heydey 1998 when we won that bigggggggggggggggg cup. No Hobo bus leaves from Gala apart form the odd appearance at Hampden. Last seen after the massacre in 2006.

:108years:

London is a Hearts town. Everyone in London supports Hearts and I have never met a single Hobo down here. There were street parties on Sunday at full time with pearly kings singing the Hearts song and having a jolly cockney knees-up with Chas and Dave singing a tinkly piano version of the 1902 song

FACT

GC

bilston angel
Galashiels has a large Hearts support Borders Hearts run buses to all home games and some away games. The club had over 100 members in our heydey 1998 when we won that bigggggggggggggggg cup. No Hobo bus leaves from Gala apart form the odd appearance at Hampden. Last seen after the massacre in 2006.

What about Peebles or is there only one celebrity fan from there?

Livingston used to be back in the day so I've heard? Outnumbered by the unwashed now. Broxburn has a big Hearts/Hibs contingent I think?

Is there any big Hearts towns in Fife?

vlad on the tyne
Is their any town that would be classed as a Hibee town?

Livingston's got a fair amount of Jambos not as many as the OF but way more than the Hobos! :)

Probably Pilton, the home of the boomtown rat, deek rearend.

There are alot of jambos through here in Livvy, few ratbag hobos too.

Italian Lambretta

It used to be but not anymore. I was in the Miners club watching the Old Firm game a couple of weeks ago and it was full of Tattie Pickers who have migrated from the Hyvots:eek:

Loanhead has a proud history of families who support HMFC and players from that town who have graced the field at Tynie but it has went right downhill over the last couple of years:mw_rolleyes:

no contest ;)

Penicuik - BIG Jambo town - we had a laugh on the supporters bus coming back from the Methadome on Sunday saying we better watch out for Hibs pubs....er there aren't any!

Nucky Thompson

All the towns in Midlothian and the western fringes of Edinburgh are Hearts strongholds where Musselburgh and 'the Pans' seem to be full of Hobo tubes.

Sexton Hardcastle
What about Peebles or is there only one celebrity fan from there?

Plenty from Peebles. Should really run a bus as at least 4 cars i know go every week and people get the 62 up but not the same people going every week. Most the people i know play for teams so only make every 2nd sat etc..

neverlikedElvis
Livingston used to be back in the day so I've heard? Outnumbered by the unwashed now. Broxburn has a big Hearts/Hibs contingent I think?

Inverkeithing has a great Hearts support, run buses to the big games and are a bunch of sound lads.

The Central Bar in Inverkeithing is a great Hearts pub ;)

Randle P McMurphy
Probably Pilton, the home of the boomtown rat, deek rearend.

There are alot of jambos through here in Livvy, few ratbag hobos too.

I am afraid Pilton is a bit of a hobo heartland but town? no I don't think so. Anyway there are still some of us sensible ones living amongst all of the idiots. Drylaw was always Hearts country and Muirhouse was pretty much minority Jambos. Bit of a tough childhood for me growing up in the 70s in Muirhouse in one of the few hobo periods of dominance. Makes it all the sweeter now though and its always great to walk through Pilton in your colours after the latest derby victory.

There are a lot of Jambos in Dedridge/Murieston (areas of Livingston), not sure about other areas.

Don't know the name, but the town that Paul Ritchie is from is meant to be full of Hearts fans. Also, a fair amount in Dunfermline area.

Archived