Reality breaks out in Lochend...

marshallschunkychicken

'Big Frank' restores normality though :rolleyes:

We've simply been lucky on most occasions and have also been quite happy to take a draw, whilst Hibs have of course RAN the game :mw_rolleyes:

Deluded :108years:

A Boy Named Crow
Their pain fills me with a massive sense of satisfaction. Wonderful.

I'm the same, does this make me a bad person? Will bad things happen to me because of this? Or should I just revel in the wonder of it all - Carlsberg don't do city rivals...

Mmmm, marvellous. Isn't it?

ron_manager.jpg

from their perspective some pretty lucid posts...

They admit to focussing on the petty and missing the big picture. Perhaps one day certain posters on here will do the same?

Like they say though, it comes down to managers. We have a guy who can instil hope in us. They have Mixu.

from their perspective some pretty lucid posts...

They admit to focussing on the petty and missing the big picture. Perhaps one day certain posters on here will do the same?

Like they say though, it comes down to managers. We have a guy who can instil hope in us. They have Mixu.

Hell no! Once we stop being petty about them then we will have lost!!!

:108years::108years::108years::108years::108years::108years::108years:

My grandfather supported hibs and my dad rebelled and followed the jam tarts, so thankful to him for that...i fear what life could have been like :108years:

On a side note, glad that some hobo's finally realise how bad they are :)

This is the best monday at work in ages, i normally hate mondays but was raring to go today :laugh:

The Old Tolbooth

Just loving the pain being felt by Jacomoseven, here's his quote

For the first time since Vlad took over at the madhouse, I don't give a stuff about them.

Hearts can go on to win the Cup this season for all the difference it will make to the way I feel this morning. We are a shambles, pure and simple.

How sweet is that? :laugh:

Victor Meldrew

I see 'Big Frank' continuing to peddle the hobo myth about 17 and 22 in a row consisting mostly of draws. Pure invention on the part of the Peasants - we pumped the regularly.

I wonder how many the current 5 in a row will turn into....

Seymour M Hersh
I see 'Big Frank' continuing to peddle the hobo myth about 17 and 22 in a row consisting mostly of draws. Pure invention on the part of the Peasants - we pumped the regularly.

I wonder how many the current 5 in a row will turn into....

I don't remember them dominating us for 13 years from 69 to 82 either. Parts of it perhaps but not the whole time period. Myth creationists at their best.:108years:

How's this for deluded - from that thread:

Today, 02:02 PM #19

Hibs On Tour

Testimonial Due

"Embarrasing to see players just walking around. Actually made DR look like a 'player with a great engine' by comparison. And if you want to know what we, the fans, want from our players JJ - watch yesterday's game again on Sky+ and focus on Ian Murray..."

Yes, please!!!

And it will be 208 years!!!

Miller Jambo 60
What do all these hobos see in ian murray to make them think he is one of the spl's best players ?

:108years:

Love to give him a Dougstar slide tackle and chop him in 2.

Guilty.

Not you.I was referring to the guy that posted the thread on yon web site,if someone on here talks sense about how bad Hearts were they get acused of being hobo trash.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
'Big Frank' restores normality though :rolleyes:

We've simply been lucky on most occasions and have also been quite happy to take a draw, whilst Hibs have of course RAN the game :mw_rolleyes:

Deluded :108years:

Hearts are hugely passionate about beating Hibs. MUCH more than the other way imo.

I stopped reading when I got to this sentence, as I fell off the sofa in disbelief.

DuffJimmy1875
Not you.I was referring to the guy that posted the thread on yon web site,if someone on here talks sense about how bad Hearts were they get acused of being hobo trash.

I can assure you, the OP of the quoted thread is no Yam. Just a immensely ****ed off Hibs fan that - as long as Mixu's teams and tactics continue to play some atrocious football with players that should - in the right hands - be able to do much better - doesn't want to hear another "ooooohh, 10 quid could buy me a controlling stake in Ukio, shall we have a whipround" style hysteria-driven pile of slavers again, as these days they are purely used as diversionary tactics to mask the fact that we're pish.

marshallschunkychicken
I can assure you, the OP of the quoted thread is no Yam. Just a immensely ****ed off Hibs fan that - as long as Mixu's teams and tactics continue to play some atrocious football with players that should - in the right hands - be able to do much better - doesn't want to hear another "ooooohh, 10 quid could buy me a controlling stake in Ukio, shall we have a whipround" style hysteria-driven pile of slavers again, as these days they are purely used as diversionary tactics to mask the fact that we're pish.

It was you wasn't it? Your prints are all over it..... ;)

Guest gorgie kev

Cue another players meeting at the "Taches" House then?

DuffJimmy1875
Cue another players meeting at the "Taches" House then?

Lasagne and Powerade on the menu I'm sure.

Nah, I hope not. I forsee Mixu giving some drivel about how "we'll stick through this together, the boys are still working hard and the team spirit is great". Who knows, maybe, by signing players who are conveniently Hibs fans, Mixu has inadvertently got players in his squad who feel sufficiently bothered about this predicament to do their bit to drag Hibs out of this by sheer bloody mindedness, because at the moment I can't see it Hibs getting through this under Mixu through tactical wizadry or even CONSISTENTLY decent football!!

I don't remember them dominating us for 13 years from 69 to 82 either. Parts of it perhaps but not the whole time period. Myth creationists at their best.:108years:

to be fair we never beat them at Tynecastle from 1963 to 1973, but won at Easter Road in 1966 and 1968, the only other victory i recall is the 2-1 victory at Easter Road in 1978, so actually he does have a point , Five victories in 20 years is very poor and im sure a lot of guys my age ie over-40 will remember those dark days very well, and it has only made the last 25 years taste more sweeter.:108years:

Dr Ian Malcolm

"Yip, plenty of lip service is paid to Hearts and their impending doom, however they are still here and still pumping us without too much trouble."

I think I just got me a new sig.

It baffles me that so many genuinely think we have a pish-poor squad. Did they not see us the last 18 months before this season? THAT was a pish-poor squad. We've made the massive jump up to decent this year.

Tbf, they do realise they're own pishness at the same time

Their pain fills me with a massive sense of satisfaction. Wonderful.

like wise mate. its one of the best posts ive ever read.....:108years:

to be fair we never beat them at Tynecastle from 1963 to 1973, but won at Easter Road in 1966 and 1968, the only other victory i recall is the 2-1 victory at Easter Road in 1978, so actually he does have a point , Five victories in 20 years is very poor and im sure a lot of guys my age ie over-40 will remember those dark days very well, and it has only made the last 25 years taste more sweeter.:108years:

Correct. Promotion in 1983, under Wallace, was a huge turning point we, as yet, have not looked back from.

Prior to that and Hibs were the dominant team for nearly 20 years. God knows how I survived through school and early adulthood.

Bomber Harris

This board would be better if all discussion of the Yams was barred and we all spent some time having long in-depth discussions about the disease that has infested our on-field failure over the last 3 years.

ye couldnae make it up

who started all the flair rumours then

Bomber Harris
to be fair we never beat them at Tynecastle from 1963 to 1973,

didn't we pump them 4-1 in Sept 73 :D :108years:

When will they listen, to their own saviour Mr Farmer - he is merley carrying out a community service.

Funny when at ER on Sun we looked out at the new flats on the old area behind ER which did belong to Hibs. Wonder how much TF made from that.

alwaysthereinspirit

Big Frank is a sad bar steward. His bitterness is obvious. He cant see the forest for the trees. GIRFUY Frank. :108years:

Can't believe nobody has pointed out that one of the muppets wants McGhee as manager

Please, please pretty please :108years:

MacDonald Jardine
Correct. Promotion in 1983, under Wallace, was a huge turning point we, as yet, have not looked back from.

Prior to that and Hibs were the dominant team for nearly 20 years. God knows how I survived through school and early adulthood.

I remember that well and it means you never tire of beating them.

I've finally found a thread on deluded.ner I actually agree with.

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=139929

My favourite quote was

"And the - relatively safe - confidence (which we like to call "Yam arrogance") that whilst you'll lose a couple of derbies to Hibs now and again, the victories will always outweigh the defeats"

That's such a brilliant insight into the collective Jambo psyche.

They're like a small mangy bad tempered puppy. Sometimes they'll nip our ankles but we still own them.

The Hallowed Fat Finnish one..is getting a wee bit scared of his own position..so he turns on Hearts to deflect from the fact he got it wrong again..it was Berra's fault Fletcher got sent off and Hibs would have won the match if he'd escaped with a booking..well..last week Fletch got away without even a yellow when many hearts players would have walked...did we moan into next week about it??

Mystic Mixu must have one hell of a dodgy crystal ball in my opinion!

I for one really hope they dont trade him in for a new model..it's a bit like how I felt when Bobby Williamson was in charge..please don't sack him they might actually play better! ;-)

:108years:

75% possession ..explain that if you were the better team mate

"Yip, plenty of lip service is paid to Hearts and their impending doom, however they are still here and still pumping us without too much trouble."

I think I just got me a new sig.

It baffles me that so many genuinely think we have a pish-poor squad. Did they not see us the last 18 months before this season? THAT was a pish-poor squad. We've made the massive jump up to decent this year.

Tbf, they do realise they're own pishness at the same time

I don't think we have that good a squad to be perfectly honest. Our number one striker doesn't score, the rest of the forwards we possess don't fit the way we play, we struggle badly without Aguiar, our other main attacking threats are wildly inconsistent (Kingston and Driver), we don't have a proper back up left back and while we have three steady keepers, none come close to spectacular.

What we have is a good manager who knows what he's doing. Hibs, who I believe have a weaker squad than ours, also have a manager who just doesn't have a clue what he is doing. I had a lot of respect for the Hibs players after last weeks game at Tynecastle because THEY played very well given the circumstances - because Mixu never gave them a chance and he is a very lucky man to be able to have a draw at Tynecastle to his name.

He said before the game last week that 'Hearts will be negative', of course anyone who saw the game no this was nowhere near the case but I still believe that fat ***** wouldn't. He's got the mentality of a young laddie in thinking that if you play with what was basically four forwards (Riordan, Flecther, O'Brien and JJ :laugh:) then you are automatically playing attacking football and will score goals.

He got his act together slightly before yesterday's game but showed how incompetent he was with his tactics once Hibs went down to ten men. Hearts dominated possession and the game as a result because he punished an already outnumbered midfield by pushing them forward to try and fill void left by Flecther. Ridiculous tactics given they were playing against a 5 man midfield.

I really hope he stays in the job because I can't see us losing another derby while he's there and we still have Csaba.

Me Too

GIRFUY Ya HOBO mod edit :108years::108years:

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=140117

Originally Posted by Fenton10 View Post

After the defeat on Sunday it left me pondering several issues...

Didn't win a game in last seasons top 6 split...

Mixu only winning 1 of the "Big Games" he's been in charge for...

Failing to beat Hearts in the last year and a half or so...

Struggling to sell our tickets for New Year Derby @ Tynie...

Unable to sell out a Home Scottish cup tie against the yams = Worst home Derby support for a derby in years and worst home support EVER for a cup tie against them...

Pumped out of both cups @ home @ the 1st time of asking..

Season basically over @ 3pm on the 11th of January...

Out the Intertota in embarrasing fashion...

More home defeats at this point in the season than I can ever remember...

Some of the most brutal football on offer at ER for many a year...

Currently just in the top 6 by the skin of our teeth...

To mention a few!

Apologies for the Doom & Gloom but taking all of the above into account, maybe we aren't as "Big" a team as we once were!!?

Or do the board believe we're just a distictly average club and have resigned themselves to that's all we will be?

lapsedhibee sums it up here "(When both teams have been good we've been humped, and when both teams have been bad, as yesterday, we've also been humped.)"

I just cant stop smiling!

I have no interest in the Hibs.net thread but going on what has been said here:

I was lucky in that when I attended my first Hearts v Hibs league games in season 83/84: we began a period of domination over them that has only briefly been interupted in 25 years. I was too young to appreciate it at the time, but for me, beating hibs and being better then them was something I just took for granted; all be it with a a lot of pleasure.

But it is worth remembering that before my time, Hibs were the better team in Edinburgh for around 15 years previous, and add to that their good teams they had of the late 40s and early 50s (although Hearts had a good 'head to head' record).

For me, the 80s and 90s was nearly always Hearts dominating. This decade has been closer, but Hearts have still held the upper hand.

Three league titles in just five years just after WWII aside, Hibs, for a long time were a good team without ever winning too many trophies. They had some great nights in Europe and a vast stadium but in reality, our Ibrahim Tall has more to show for his time at Hearts than any member of 'Turnbull's (self-styled) Tornados' of the 70s.

I was one month embryo when we lost seven at home in January 1973.

Ten years later I was ready for my first 'proper' derby and it was all systems go for an era of Hearts lording it. Mind you, it was a crappy nil-nil draw that day.

Buffalo Bill

[

Three league titles in just five years just after WWII aside, Hibs, for a long time were a good team without ever winning too many trophies. They had some great nights in Europe and a vast stadium but in reality, our Ibrahim Tall has more to show for his time at Hearts than any member of 'Turnbull's (self-styled) Tornados' of the 70s.

Buffalo Bill

"Turnbulls Tornadoes" is really another Hibernian "myth" although a better side than Hearts at the time , the fact is they only had one League Cup to show for all there claims. (the Dryborough Cup was a pre-season tournament for 8 teams, 4 from each division)

The facts are that they possibly only existed as a creditable force from 1972 -1974 , when they sold O'Rourke Gordon and Cropley it was all over for them , even when they were at full strength , Celtic would consistently give them a hammering home and away, fives and sixes were not uncommon.

In fact the Aberdeen side of the early 70s were probably a better side with a 1970 Scottish cup win and two subsequent league runners-up spots.

Archived