Reality breaks out in Lochend...

marshallschunkychicken

Class, pure class, exiled Jambo living abroad at the minute and have been feeling a little sad that I missed out on the ER party on Sunday. Would NEVER miss a game down that way but obviously couldn?t get home for it so instead spent the last few days scratching around the net for clips and photos of the goals and fans. But reading the pure misery of those Hibbys has cheered me up more than I can say, thank you one and all, you pathetic Hibby ba@@ards for cheering me right up!

Correct. Promotion in 1983, under Wallace, was a huge turning point we, as yet, have not looked back from.

Prior to that and Hibs were the dominant team for nearly 20 years. God knows how I survived through school and early adulthood.

Lots of us did Dave

and still are here

Plus all our victories are x 2 :)

I have no interest in the Hibs.net thread but going on what has been said here:

I was lucky in that when I attended my first Hearts v Hibs league games in season 83/84: we began a period of domination over them that has only briefly been interupted in 25 years. I was too young to appreciate it at the time, but for me, beating hibs and being better then them was something I just took for granted; all be it with a a lot of pleasure.

But it is worth remembering that before my time, Hibs were the better team in Edinburgh for around 15 years previous, and add to that their good teams they had of the late 40s and early 50s (although Hearts had a good 'head to head' record).

For me, the 80s and 90s was nearly always Hearts dominating. This decade has been closer, but Hearts have still held the upper hand.

Three league titles in just five years just after WWII aside, Hibs, for a long time were a good team without ever winning too many trophies. They had some great nights in Europe and a vast stadium but in reality, our Ibrahim Tall has more to show for his time at Hearts than any member of 'Turnbull's (self-styled) Tornados' of the 70s.

I was one month embryo when we lost seven at home in January 1973.

Ten years later I was ready for my first 'proper' derby and it was all systems go for an era of Hearts lording it. Mind you, it was a crappy nil-nil draw that day.

Buffalo Bill

My first derby was early 90's with a certain Alan Johnston smashing the ball into the roof of the net past bandy legs. However, I'd enjoyed several derbies before then on TV(!) and would go on to enjoy Mr Foster scoring and wave my fist as a 'young' teen, in a giruy motion to my Rat neighbour who arrived at my door a few minutes later.

As far as I'm concerned those Rats go on about a game that most of them were not alive to see or read about as if it is some glorious triumph in their history. I can look back to numerous 1-0, 2-1 and 4-0 matches and the like.. but I'll never tire of looking at the matches mentioned below!Or even the 3-2'Pub Team' match.

What can those Rats look back at... rare triumphs... 5 in a row..... Already a beaten side for the next derby.

Gav Aitchison

The complete dominance of the 80s and 90s is still being felt psychologically. Their failure to sell-out for Sunday's game was incredible, and just shows that basically they still dread derby-day (and get only occasional joy) whereas we relish it (despite the occasional mishap).

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

1. Impressive self-delusion (from SvenNeil's post):

"We are and always will be better than hearts in every way. We just have to feel it every day.". Aye, right.

2. Know your enemy.

.... it comes down to managers. We have a guy who can instil hope in us. They have Mixu.

Shouldn't this read "They have a guy who can instil hope in us. They have Mixu." Mixu must stay!

marshallschunkychicken

Someone doesn't really get the point that Lyonhibs is making in the OP....

Heraghty's

'S' Form

Posts: 43 Ah, well, I suppose amid the gloom nobody will be in the slightest interested in this official announcement:

Ukio Bankas AB Notification on material event 13.01.2009

Regarding the Bank of Lithuania results of inspection and supervisory review and assessment of AB Ukio bankas

As of 8th of January 2009 the Board of Bank of Lithuania in respect with results of inspection on Ukio bankas, accepted the resolution that Ukio bankas has to strengthen its capital base and limit the growth of certain risky assets. The deviations indicated in the inspection report should be eliminated by Ukio bankas up to the 1st June 2009.

Arnas Zalys, Head of Finance and Risk Management Department

ELIMINATED you say?

Quite amusing to see him get smacked down for it too. I love it when they bicker. :laugh:

Me Too

GIRFUY Ya HOBO mod edit :108years::108years:

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=140117

Originally Posted by Fenton10 View Post

After the defeat on Sunday it left me pondering several issues...

Didn't win a game in last seasons top 6 split...

Mixu only winning 1 of the "Big Games" he's been in charge for...

Failing to beat Hearts in the last year and a half or so...

Struggling to sell our tickets for New Year Derby @ Tynie...

Unable to sell out a Home Scottish cup tie against the yams = Worst home Derby support for a derby in years and worst home support EVER for a cup tie against them...

Pumped out of both cups @ home @ the 1st time of asking..

Season basically over @ 3pm on the 11th of January...

Out the Intertota in embarrasing fashion...

More home defeats at this point in the season than I can ever remember...

Some of the most brutal football on offer at ER for many a year...

Currently just in the top 6 by the skin of our teeth...

To mention a few!

Apologies for the Doom & Gloom but taking all of the above into account, maybe we aren't as "Big" a team as we once were!!?

Or do the board believe we're just a distictly average club and have resigned themselves to that's all we will be?

post #3 on that thread says it all...............

"The bank balace is good for now" :108years:

Haha this is delicious from Country-Hibby from .troutnet :108years:

'That is a great OP and I don't like it at all, to honest. My comeback to my Jambo mates since Vlad came into town has unsurprisingly been centred around selling players, going bust, etc. The truth is for all the 'head in the sand' jibes I've made, it's me that's been hiding from the facts - we are not as good as Hearts. Sunday was not a one off, they have consistantly been the better team in the 25 years I've been following Hibs. Whats more, when the games REALLY matter - they show us who is better. 6-2 aside, I can't remember Hibs winning the fixture by 2 clear goals.

I don't want us to go down the massive debt route, the Mercer era is still clear in my memory, lets never forget that if it wasn't for STF there would be no Hibernian FC at all. We do need a change of culture at the club though, getting by has been good enough for too long. We need an executive, a management team and players who feel real pain when they don't win. It's too easy at the moment for them, fans expectations are so low that success isn't essential. We can't keep selling ourselves short, we are one of the top five teams in Scotland, we should be bringing home silverware more regularly than 1 cup every 15 years and Hearts should be our competition not our executioners'

Here's the link if you want to see replies he got.....

http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=1904902&postcount=24

It feels sooooooooo good!!! :D

Not you.I was referring to the guy that posted the thread on yon web site,if someone on here talks sense about how bad Hearts were they get acused of being hobo trash.

I don't give a scrotum how bad we were or not on Sunday. The result is all that is important - you lost - we won with a 2nd string midfield in YOUR BACK GARDEN MATE

the problem you hibernians have is that you are so obsessed with the speck of dust in our eye that you do not see the plank of wood in yours - ie - your manager is gash, your players are gash, your chairman, whilst cautious with his books, seems content to indulge the gash manager and gash players. Hibernians would be better advised to care about their own team rather than how our finances are shaping up or not.

As to us being poor on Sunday - well, as I said, we WON and the most important thing to do is to win a game. You lot seem tho accept losing provided you play ...what is it....silky attacking football??? well my son you don't even do that these days rather try and kick your opponents off the pitch by cheating....pots and kettles

get your own house in order before coming on here to preach at us:108years:

At least they had floodlights first and they do have a splendid balance sheet, eh chaps?

:rofl:

How can you forget that they were the first team to wear green!

Archived