SFA racists - a response?

John S

MacDonald Jardine
Miko's problem is that he hasn't been exactly innocent when it comes to simulation etc.

He has created a reputation for himself and that reputation proceeds him onto the park.

The most ridiculous booking I've seen this Season involved Miko at Tynecastle (I can't remember v witch team though) where he was booked for his first slide tackle and IIRC he didn't even touch the player.

Yes but who else has that reputation?

The only one I can think of in recent years is Rudi Skacel.

Are these the only two players who have been habitual divers over the last few years?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miko's problem is that he hasn't been exactly innocent when it comes to simulation etc.

He has created a reputation for himself and that reputation proceeds him onto the park.

The most ridiculous booking I've seen this Season involved Miko at Tynecastle (I can't remember v witch team though) where he was booked for his first slide tackle and IIRC he didn't even touch the player.

he was guilty of bringing A reputation upon himself at first but it snowballed into something which was massively over the top, fuelled by the idiots of the press and falling prey to other professionals who took advantage.

he's altered his behaviour but the 'reputation' has stuck, and is still growing arms and legs to this day.

other players like nakamura, boyd, broadfoot and miller somehow manage to avoid getting themselves a reputation.

it's things like this that create the threads we have seen over the past few days.

So why does that reputation not follow Boyd, McDonald, Nakamura, Broadfoot, Nish, Conway etc on to the park and into the press?

Drylaw Hearts
I will ask again, do you think our Lithuanians (i did say racist was not the right word) are treated exactly the same as all other players in the SPL?

I think Miko is the only Lithuanian to have had a raw deal. He made himself public enemy No.1 by diving v Scotland. I've seen no evidence that the rest (and there's been a few) have been treated any differently

My opinion on the above question is that they are treated more harshly by referees than other players are who commit likewise offences. I also think they are treated very badly by the media here.

We've had : Kizys(?), Kanchelskis, Barasa, No.28, The Pillow, Bennyuseless, Kurkis, No.29, Miko, Chesney, Zal and Velicka (is that them all ?) How many of them have had a real raw deal ?

Wallace and Stewart will do something that brings the referees attention to them, a lot of the time imo they are treated more harshly than the oppossition in the same game, the Lithuanians on the otherhand imo have the referees looking out for something no matter how little so he can book them.

Zaliukas brought himself to the Refs attention on Saturday and was correctly punished.

He'd only had 2 other bookings this Season which isn't bad for a guy who is a target for Refs.

Kris Boyd had 3 bookings prior to Saturdays matches - how does that work ?

Drylaw Hearts
So why does that reputation not follow Boyd, McDonald, Nakamura, Broadfoot, Nish, Conway etc on to the park and into the press?

Wasn't Broadfoot wrongly booked for diving only a few weeks ago ?

Kris Boyd had 3 bookings prior to Saturdays matches

And I wonder how many offences were commited before recieving those cards in comparison to the Hearts players.

PresidentRomanov
And I wonder how many offences were commited before recieving those cards in comparison to the Hearts players.

Boyd commited enough fouls for ten bookings at Tynecastle recently, the fact he didn't walk proves your argument.

Drylaw Hearts
he was guilty of bringing A reputation upon himself at first but it snowballed into something which was massively over the top, fuelled by the idiots of the press and falling prey to other professionals who took advantage.

he's altered his behaviour but the 'reputation' has stuck, and is still growing arms and legs to this day.

other players like nakamura, boyd, broadfoot and miller somehow manage to avoid getting themselves a reputation.

it's things like this that create the threads we have seen over the past few days.

Which is why I suggested at the very beginning of this Season that someone who really cared that much would diary all these dives etc and put forward a real case.

But when you have No.29 rightly booked for diving on the opening day of the Season you have to ensure you get you're own house in order before we start pointing the finger.

Boyd commited enough fouls for ten bookings at Tynecastle recently.

Correct. I said after the game that he was the dirtiest player I'd seen all season. I don't believe his 'performance' at Tynecastle to be a one off.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
It's not racism though unless I'm missing something.

Racism surely means hatred towards a race of people, no?

You can't hate a race of people but not mind some people from said race.

And to answer your point ... they 3 players DO go down easily whether you like it or not.

Racism is about discrimination + power

Drylaw Hearts

Now that I don't know.

:)

MacDonald Jardine
Which is why I suggested at the very beginning of this Season that someone who really cared that much would diary all these dives etc and put forward a real case.

But when you have No.29 rightly booked for diving on the opening day of the Season you have to ensure you get you're own house in order before we start pointing the finger.

Every club has players who dive.

Noone else has a problem having a go at us.

PresidentRomanov
Correct. I said after the game that he was the dirtiest player I'd seen all season. I don't believe his 'performance' at Tynecastle to be a one off.

Said the very same thing, there's no way a Hearts player would have lasted 90 minutes behaving as he did that day.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Here's the scoop.

Romanov's a bellend. We know it, other fans know it, journalists know it, pundits know it, referees know it and the SFA knows it. He shot his mouth off and then fell flat on his arse due only to his own spectacularly poor decsion-making, despite pinning the entire blame on Fyssas being sent off against Celtic.

Everybody else in Scottish football would love him to fail because he's such a fecking idiot. It's human nature to want arrogant, useless people to meet what's coming to them.

However, we haven't seen him for ages and we're only now, four years down the line, beginning to act like a proper football club. Only the resentment from the rest of Scottish football is still there. Their lust for Vlad's failure hasn't been satisfied and he won't be back to help them do that.

So, recently, and only recently, we're beginning to see Hearts and Hearts players taking the brunt of that misdirected anger.

This whole fecking paranoia nonsense began as totally Romanov's fault. But now the tables are turning and we actually are being victimised now.

It has feck all - I can't repeat that powerfully enough - to do with Lithuania or any other nationality or race.

Fact.

End of.

Hope this helps.

I hope this clarifies matters.

Not a racist post, IMO.

Have a good one a'body!

Drylaw Hearts
Boyd commited enough fouls for ten bookings at Tynecastle recently, the fact he didn't walk proves your argument.

He is as bad as Hartson who commited 7 or 8 fouls after being booked v Hearts at Tynecastle.

The Refs are scared of the big boys and I'd guess it's the same in most Countries.

I seen a clip of Wayne Rooney elbow a Stoke player twice within seconds the other day and nothing was done.

Francis Albert
Are we really in a position this season or in the foreseeable future to challenge the OF?

I can't see it.

As for your second point, you think there is racism at the SFA, SPL, among referees, players, fans and the media but it isn't a problem?

I think the answer to the "in the foreseeable future" part of first question has to be yes - after all we did it a couple of years ago to the extent of denying one of the OF a season's worth of CL riches. We or anyone else won't do it on a sustained basis but could from time to time. My point was a general one - any SFA worthy of its salt would be trying to make this more likely, for the health of the national game, rather than less likely.

As to the second, yes it's a problem but my point was that I think it is a secondary one (and anyway there is not much anyone can do about in a purely football context).

Now that I don't know.

I find it strange that we (Hearts) have a player who dived to win a penalty against Scotland in a game Scotland won who is still being hung, drawn and quartered from all angles, Referees and press alike. And yet a man who has turned his back on Scotland seems to be protected from the same people who have derided Mikoliunas.

I really don't get it. Well actually I do, but it seems some don't.

Zaliukas brought himself to the Refs attention on Saturday and was correctly punished. For his first booking only, although it has to be said how many other times has Brines (or any other ref for that matter) booked a player in Scotland for waving the imaginary yellow card? His straight red, did he bring himself to the refs attention? Did Miller not bring himself more to the refs attention?

He'd only had 2 other bookings this Season which isn't bad for a guy who is a target for Refs. Been wrongly sent off twice:xmasgrin:

Kris Boyd had 3 bookings prior to Saturdays matches - how does that work ? You tell me, no doubt (can't be bothered checking), all 3 after he had committed his 8th or 9th offence in a game and none for his continual gesticulating towards a referee.

If Kris Boyd had played the way he has this season but was Lithuanian in a Hearts jersey do you still think he would only have 3 bookings?

Drylaw Hearts

I find it strange that we (Hearts) have a player who dived to win a penalty against Scotland in a game Scotland won who is still being hung, drawn and quartered from all angles, Referees and press alike. And yet a man who has turned his back on Scotland seems to be protected from the same people (Referees and press alike) who derided Mikoliunas.

I really don't get it. Well actually I do, but it seems some don't.

I would have to say I'd hate someone who cheated Hearts more than I'd hate someone who wanted to play for another team.

Drylaw Hearts
If Kris Boyd had played the way he has this season but was Lithuanian in a Hearts jersey do you still think he would only have 3 bookings?

Again.......

I'd be speculating.

Racism is about discrimination + power

The SFA are not racist the discriminate against lithuians as they are perceived to be cheats.

This is unfair and people have the right to come to there place of work without fear of discrimination.

One scotland advert obviously never reached GFA headquarters.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
Surrey Jambo suggested a slogan in the Zal thread:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?p=716695&highlight=show+racism+card#post716695

"SFA - Show Racism The Red Card"

Perhaps that should be the next banner made by Hearts fans?

Brilliant idea. What about showing red cards with "show racism the red card" - this would make two points that the sfa would be very uncomfortable, firstly they would cack themselves at being accused of racism (and it is a minor point that some posters have banded this about on JKB) and secondly it would make a strong point about the unfair red cards being so easily handed out to our players.

We've had : Kizys(?), Kanchelskis, Barasa, No.28, The Pillow, Bennyuseless, Kurkis, No.29, Miko, Chesney, Zal and Velicka (is that them all ?) How many of them have had a real raw deal ?

Audrey was targetted in the few games he did play imo.

Ivaskeviscuis hardly played to notice.

Miko has been harshly treated by refs and media.

Velicka was pulled for many non things in a game, and was a target for the press.

Zal has been harshly treated with all 3 sending offs imo.

Chesney is punished for so-call dives.

The others do not rate a mention due to the lack of pitch time imo.

Though it has to be said, your use of squad numbers IS embarressing imo.

Generic Username

It's to do with the jersey he's playing in Gambo, it's as simple as that.

Guys get away with murder at the OF not because of their nationality but because of who they play for.

Most clubs only have to deal with this nonsense when ever they play the OF where as we're getting it week in week out. We've tried the racism card before when Kingston got sent off against Aberdeen, it boils down to something so much simpler than where someone is from.

It is 100% to do with the fact that we are Heart of Midlothian. We've made some real enemies and it's now more obvious than ever what some peoples game is.

I look forward to a plethora of daft decisions given against us in the derby game.

Brilliant idea. What about showing red cards with "show racism the red card" - this would make two points that the sfa would be very uncomfortable, firstly they would cack themselves at being accused of racism (and it is a minor point that some posters have banded this about on JKB) and secondly it would make a strong point about the unfair red cards being so easily handed out to our players.

No they wouldn't. Instead, they'd probably be furious at such libellous, stupid accusations.

Advisable banners for Saturday would include things like "Zal is innocent!" or "Free the Gorgie One!" Banners accusing the governing body of racism are about as inadvisable as you can get.

It's to do with the jersey he's playing in Gambo, it's as simple as that.

Guys get away with murder at the OF not because of their nationality but because of who they play for.

Most clubs only have to deal with this nonsense when ever they play the OF where as we're getting it week in week out. We've tried the racism card before when Kingston got sent off against Aberdeen, it boils down to something so much simpler than where someone is from.

It is 100% to do with the fact that we are Heart of Midlothian. We've made some real enemies and it's now more obvious than ever what some peoples game is.

I look forward to a plethora of daft decisions given against us in the derby game.

I agree it is to do with the jersey, but i find it hard to believe that the Lithuanians in our team/at our club have had a fair deal. IMO they are victimised twice, once for the jersey and once for where they come from.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
The SFA are not racist the discriminate against lithuians as they are perceived to be cheats.

This is unfair and people have the right to come to there place of work without fear of discrimination.

One scotland advert obviously never reached GFA headquarters.

This is a perfect example of racist stereotyping, when the SFA treat all people of one nation or race as if they all behave the same.

Drylaw Hearts
Audrey was targetted in the few games he did play imo. Disagree

Ivaskeviscuis hardly played to notice.But when he did there was no raw deal on him even when he played against the OF ?

Miko has been harshly treated by refs and media. Agreed

Velicka was pulled for many non things in a game, and was a target for the press. Only when he fell over v Falkirk and got the lad sent off

Zal has been harshly treated with all 3 sending offs imo.He deserved the 1st one, the second one was a genuine error imo and the 3rd was a disgrace

Chesney is punished for so-call dives. 4 bookings in 3 years suggests he doesn't.

The others do not rate a mention due to the lack of pitch time imo. But if they'd been harshly treated you would have mentioned it so it's safe to assume they haven't been.

Though it has to be said, your use of squad numbers IS embarressing imo. So is your entire arguement.

Banners accusing the governing body of racism are about as inadvisable as you can get.

Why?

What they gonna do, send off a Hearts player or two for doing nothing? Oh wait....

Ask the assistants and 4th officials to intervene if the referee doesn't see it? Oh wait....

Or how about they continue to notch up the bookings and sendings off and hammer us with a massive fine or points deduction at the end of the season? Oh wait....

Would we as a club and set of fans be ridiculed in the press and be hated across the country by supporters of other clubs? Oh wait...

What could it possibly do to make things any worse?

We are the ones getting shafted Shaun, the people who work hard all week and decide to spend money following their team up and down the country.

At least we'd be doing something.

well have a right good kick at the baw folks and don't glass too many hobos on your travs. :)

And you mate. Happy new year.

:cheers:

If we're to wait until we have incontrovertible, cast-iron, stand-up-in-court proof of bias, or victimisation of Lithuanian players, because they come from the same country as Vlad and Miko - then we should just do what some suggest, and accept it and lie down and let the GFA and their Muppets walk all over us at will.

Aye, right!!!

It seems, according to the law, for a Hearts supporter to call Craig Bellamy a cheating wee "Welsh" eegit, is racist!

You can't have it both ways!

To take the action suggested is obviously beneath the more enlightened on JKB but I suggest we leave them to their own opinions and DO SOMETHING that will get publicity for the main issue - incompetence allied to definite, admitted by at least one official, special treatment for Hearts.

And anyone who still holds to the opinion that this is all paranoia just needs to look back to the treatment we got last season and how, suddenly, as if by magic, when the press were driven to highlight the treatment of Hearts Lithuanian players, it stopped!!! Fact!!!

Publicity and coverage in the Press will keep the issue on the agenda, instead of letting it fester away in the rotten heart of Scottish Football's so-called governing body.

Why?

What they gonna do, send off a Hearts player or two for doing nothing? Oh wait....

Ask the assistants and 4th officials to intervene if the referee doesn't see it? Oh wait....

Or how about they continue to notch up the bookings and sendings off and hammer us with a massive fine or points deduction at the end of the season? Oh wait....

Would we as a club and set of fans be ridiculed in the press and be hated across the country by supporters of other clubs? Oh wait...

We are the ones getting shafted Shaun, the people who work hard all week and decide to spend money following their team up and down the country.

The nail has been well and truly hit on the head!!!

Drylaw Hearts
Why?

You should start a protest group JF.

Call it................

H.A.R.M :

Hearts

Against

Racist

Men

Sub4TiddlerMurray
No they wouldn't. Instead, they'd probably be furious at such libellous, stupid accusations.

Advisable banners for Saturday would include things like "Zal is innocent!" or "Free the Gorgie One!" Banners accusing the governing body of racism are about as inadvisable as you can get.

:torture:ok genius

...there are no libel laws in Scotland, only defamation.

What exactly is it that are you scared of Shaun?

Racist discrimination takes many forms and of course runs on a scale from minor to... well you know. The point is. We have to get it right up the SFA. And what Brines has done is target one of our Lithuanian players. We have every right to question the motives behind it.

Call it................

H.A.R.M :

Hearts

Against

Racist

Men

:laugh:

Sub4TiddlerMurray
If we're to wait until we have incontrovertible, cast-iron, stand-up-in-court proof of bias, or victimisation of Lithuanian players, because they come from the same country as Vlad and Miko - then we should just do what some suggest, and accept it and lie down and let the GFA and their Muppets walk all over us at will.

Aye, right!!!

It seems, according to the law, for a Hearts supporter to call Craig Bellamy a cheating wee "Welsh" eegit, is racist!

You can't have it both ways!

To take the action suggested is obviously beneath the more enlightened on JKB but I suggest we leave them to their own opinions and DO SOMETHING that will get publicity for the main issue - incompetence allied to definite, admitted by at least one official, special treatment for Hearts.

And anyone who still holds to the opinion that this is all paranoia just needs to look back to the treatment we got last season and how, suddenly, as if by magic, when the press were driven to highlight the treatment of Hearts Lithuanian players, it stopped!!! Fact!!!

Publicity and coverage in the Press will keep the issue on the agenda, instead of letting it fester away in the rotten heart of Scottish Football's so-called governing body.

:bravo:

My comment which sparked this thread could perhaps have been better written.

How many times has our club been referred to as Heart of Midlithuania?

How many times when writing / talking about HMFC have we had references to VR? What other club owner gets mentioned in match day reports?

How many times do the Scottish media refer to home-grown players being "clever", "smart", "used it..." etc - the same applies to OF players of whatever nationalities.

Yet when our players are fouled, they are cheating diving foreigners who don't play the Scottish way?

Yes, Mikey Stewart has received numerous cards and mostly deserved because he's a hot-head, he would be a much better footballer if he calmed down.

Yes, Lee Wallace has received 2 red cards this season. One for a yellow card each time he tackled an opponent of a team who were allowed to repeatedly elbow in the face with impunity, and once for an inexcusable reaction to the unprofessional antics of the referee.

Did Kris Boyd get carded for elbowing opponents? Did Samaras get carded for aggressive behaviour in the last OF game?

Did half the Aberdeen team get carded for their reaction to Miko being fouled? Did any team?

I could go on, as we all know. Maybe we feel any alleged racism is directed towards our club because of our ownership rather then towards any individual players or their nationality?

I don't suggest the SFA are racist because that would suggest a bias against teams like Livingston and Celtic.

I do suggest that, as commented in the Scottish media early in the season, there is more to it than meets the eye.

We all, whether supporters of Hearts, Falkirk or Hamilton, deserve better.

Scottish football deserves better.

Any action taken to remedy the situation is long overdue.

I honestly don't know.

And tbh neither do you.

I never said i would know, but if i was to take a guess at what might have happened i would guess he would have more thatn 3 bookings. We will never ever find out if my guess is right or wrong but it is waht i think would probably happen.

Now do you think (i am not asking if you know) he would have received 3yellow, less than 3 or more than 3 yellows if he had performed the same way in a Hearts shirt as he has in a Rangers shirt this season?

Why?

I'm not against something being done. I am against completely the wrong thing being done - which funnily enough, was pretty much your and Colin's positions back when things seemed so grim in early July.

The SFA should be absolutely hammered for an appalling decision, and an even worse sham of an appeals process. Accusing them of racism will just alienate any friends we have left in the press, as well as other fans who know what a nonsense has occurred. When Celtic fans routinely accused officials of anti-Catholic bias, what was your reaction? Did you think: "Hang on a sec, they may be on to something here. There's no smoke without fire", or conclude they were clearly a bunch of paranoid lunatics?

I'll repeat what I've already said on this thread. Write to Hearts in support of a campaign to get this bonkers appeals system changed. Show your support for Zaliukas on Saturday - sing songs, hold up banners with things like "Zal is innocent!" or "Free the Gorgie One!" (maybe superimposed over a picture of Zal behind bars or something). Write to journalists like Bathgate, Spiers, Broadfoot or Murray, asking them what they think and to publicise the growing suspicions of many fans. Try and publicise it across the UK too: maybe next time Graham Poll is on a Five Live phone-in.

But change is never achieved when those seeking it alienate others whose support could prove crucial - as is bound to happen if we start accusing the authorities of racism. It's the boy who cried wolf I'm afraid.

Drylaw Hearts
I never said i would know, but if i was to take a guess at what might have happened i would guess he would have more thatn 3 bookings. We will never ever find out if my guess is right or wrong but it is waht i think would probably happen.

Now do you think (i am not asking if you know) he would have received 3yellow, less than 3 or more than 3 yellows if he had performed the same way in a Hearts shirt as he has in a Rangers shirt this season?

The same.

Call it................

H.A.R.M :

Hearts

Against

Racist

Men

Hearts

Against

Refereeing

Morons.

The same.

So you think ina Hearts top he would have to wait as he does just now in a Rangers top till his 7th or 8th foul before receiving a booking?

You think he would get away atgreeting to refs as he does just now in a Hearts strip?

You think he would get away unpunished as he does just now for all his falling down when a defender goes near him if he was wearing a Hearts top.

You honestly think Rangers(or the old-firm) are referreed with the same strictness that the rest of the SPL(especially Hearts) are?

So you think ina Hearts top he would have to wait as he does just now in a Rangers top till his 7th or 8th foul before receiving a booking?

You think he would get away atgreeting to refs as he does just now in a Hearts strip?

You think he would get away unpunished as he does just now for all his falling down when a defender goes near him if he was wearing a Hearts top.

You honestly think Rangers(or the old-firm) are referreed with the same strictness that the rest of the SPL(especially Hearts) are?

The referees are invariably pro the big clubs, Gambo - just as they're pro the big clubs in pretty much every other country as well. It's why if only the ten non-OF clubs could get together and express their condemnation of refereeing standards in Scotland (not to mention the complete lack of accountability surrounding it), something could actually be done - but that'd take real backbone, and real research. Something no non-OF club appears prepared to do (including Vlad's Hearts: he went off on various rants, before retreating never to be seen again).

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Accusing them of racism will just alienate any friends we have left in the press, as well as other fans who know what a nonsense has occurred.

:xmascrazy: You're havin a laff!!!

But change is never achieved when those seeking it alienate others whose support could prove crucial - as is bound to happen if we start accusing the authorities of racism. It's the boy who cried wolf I'm afraid.

:xmasunsure: What!!?

:xmascrazy: You're havin a laff!!!

:xmasunsure: What!!?

1. Stuart Bathgate, Graham Spiers, Darryl Broadfoot and Ewan Murray are not anti-Hearts.

2. First they blamed Glasgow conspiracies for their owner destroying their chances of success, and shooting them in the foot repeatedly. Then they blamed racist officials. That's what anyone else will think if we go ahead with such a misguided line of attack.

MacDonald Jardine
1. Stuart Bathgate, Graham Spiers, Darryl Broadfoot and Ewan Murray are not anti-Hearts.

2. First they blamed Glasgow conspiracies for their owner destroying their chances of success, and shooting them in the foot repeatedly. Then they blamed racist officials. That's what anyone else will think if we go ahead with such a misguided line of attack.

I've never found Graham Spiers pro Hearts in any shape or form other than when he's mouthing the ususal platitudes about how good a challenge to the OF would be.

Stuart Bathgate writes for The Scotsman, which doesn't have the best of track records for being pro Hearts and was known as a Hibs sympathiser (wouldn't say a fan as he didn't grow up a Hibs supporter.)

Darryl Broadfoot isn't that bad.

Ewan Murray is clearly pro Hearts.

Archived