Great Cover Songs

200milesfromgorgie

What was, the video was craptacular but I thought we were talking about the songs, and the song was a fantastically done cover. You may not like JP but you cannot deny that they made a version of that song that was truly their own, and for people such as myself who like their music, it was a great cover version.

It's just funny seeing men with long hair, leather trousers etc mincing about and rawking out.

Rob Halford is just funny.

robhalford2.jpg

Look at his whip. :rofl:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's just funny seeing men with long hair, leather trousers etc mincing about and rawking out.

Rob Halford is just funny.

robhalford2.jpg

Look at his whip. :rofl:

Can't argue with the evidence there :) The paper belt buckle tops the outfit off somewhat though :D

Can't argue with the evidence there :) The paper belt buckle tops the outfit off somewhat though :D

His facial expression is quality. :biggrin:

METAL IS SERIOUS BUSINESS - YOU SHALL NOT LAUGH - GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

I P Knightley
Not a cover as such, more a re-interpretation, but Tom Traubert's Blues by Tom Waits is a stunning piece of music.

How the hell does he sing like that?

Can't get the link to work here at work so not sure how it has been reinterpreted.

Tom Traubert's Blues (14 sheets to the wind in Copenhage) - no brackets, no points, heeurghh, heeurgh, guys'n'gals - is a Tom Waits composition, isn't it? Rod Stewart murdered it. I saw a comparison saying that you'd imagine Rod being preened in a dressing room and ushered out to the stage by any number of minions applying the last touches of make up whilst, with Tom Waits, you could picture his manager hunting the trash cans in the alley behind the stage door before finding him slumped & out of it before dragging him physically and propping him up on the stage to perform.

His (Waits') voice is amazing. A huge range and caters for many emotions (most of them misserable, it has to be said).

Have you ever heard him speaking? He barely whispers! And thenwhen he sings, he growls way down in his throat.

Some guy!

Can't get the link to work here at work so not sure how it has been reinterpreted.

Tom Traubert's Blues (14 sheets to the wind in Copenhage) - no brackets, no points, heeurghh, heeurgh, guys'n'gals - is a Tom Waits composition, isn't it? Rod Stewart murdered it. I saw a comparison saying that you'd imagine Rod being preened in a dressing room and ushered out to the stage by any number of minions applying the last touches of make up whilst, with Tom Waits, you could picture his manager hunting the trash cans in the alley behind the stage door before finding him slumped & out of it before dragging him physically and propping him up on the stage to perform.

His (Waits') voice is amazing. A huge range and caters for many emotions (most of them misserable, it has to be said).

Have you ever heard him speaking? He barely whispers! And thenwhen he sings, he growls way down in his throat.

Some guy!

An absolute hero of a guy. Whiskey and tobacco at 5am for 20 years, blues soaked voice and some of the most emotional music i've ever heard. My burd says he sings like an angry bear. :rofl:

I'm going through a minor Tom Waits obsession at the moment. Some of his stuff is incredible and his lyrics are seriously good. I meant reinterpretation as in the Austalian national anthem part that he borrowed.

Muse do a fantastic version of "House of the Rising Sun."

I've got a few Motorhead covers including Born to raise hell, enter sandman..

White stripes Jolene..

Morrisey Moonriver

Twisted sister, leader of the pack..

Bunny Munro

Bullet for my Valentine - Crazy Train

that was bloody awful.

I wanna add

Placebo ft. David Bowie - 20th Century Boy

The Young Knives - Stand and Deliver

Gary Jules - Mad World

PsychocAndy

The Jesus and Marychain - Mushroom

Elbow - Independent Women , Charlie's Angels theme

The Ramones - Baby I love you

hmmm its good but dosent come close to the original but then rattlesnakes and easy pieces were integral parts of my adolescence

as for covers. the previously mentioned FYC's suspicious minds, JC's Hurt and Mark Ronson with the Daptone Horns re-working of God put a smile on your face are stand outs

Fat Striker
Lacuna Coil - Enjoy the Silence

I'm not really a big fan, but I much prefer the Tori Amos take on this...

I P Knightley
The Ramones

I don't wanna grow up

written by Tom Waits.

Cracking song - good cover.

You've really got the Waits bug, aintcha?

The Futureheads - Hounds of Love. Its an improvement on the original and it's not often I think that. Oasis - Cum on Feel the Noize is probably the only other one.

Sexton Hardcastle

Pendulum did a decent cover of Coldplays new song earlier today. Itl be on youtube shortly no doubt.

Inspired by the thread on appropraite songs for the hobos in an empty Murrayfield:- :tumbleweed:

Tiffany's "I Think We're Alone Now" is a fantastic cover from the 80's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0CF-mdfrk0

how do you do this with the video? i have just tried and failed miserably :sad:

EDIT: ARGGH!! in the original post it showed the vid???????????????

Jamie_the_Jambo

Picked this one up recently...

Death Or Glory (The Clash) by Jesse Malin. Spine tingling.

Jamie

PsychocAndy

Personal Jesus by Rammstein

Motorhead by Motorhead

Personal Jesus by Johnny Cash

Stripped by Rammstein

Archived