Levein.....again!

iainmac

Off-field protests are bound to impact on the team to some degree, however much the intention is the exact opposite. I continue to be amazed that we walked 3rd with a huge total in 2003/4 despite what was going on off the park - it's practically unprecedented. Levein needed to know his budget in order to plan ahead at all, so backed the move: not least because he could've then told his players who'd be staying, and who'd be let go. That's what I mean by "looking after his payers".

I've corrected your typo. :xmascrazy:

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
siegementality
Mackay and Levein's dispute pre-dates the Romanov era so how you can somehow try to blame this on Romanov is beyond me and Elvis split the support with his own actions.

Yet ironically you have his words in your signature, in, I presume, an attempt to unite the Hearts support.

Charlieberg doesn't do irony, but if he did.......

Drylaw Hearts
Delusions of grandeur - he was only the most hated man in Baberton. :xmassick:

:)

And VR ?

And what about answering my initial question !!

...CPR and VR are both a couple of erses who, during their respective periods of ownership, lied, conned and treated the Hearts fans with complete contempt.

One is treated like the most hated man in Europe and the other isn't.

Why ?

I have tried to get an answer from certain posters about this before.

I Haven't had much luck so far.

Is/Was it better to be able to borrow almost unlimited amounts of cash, whilst being told we weren't in any debt and money was no problem etc, whilst losing more money in such a short period than ever before in our history ?

And then finding out we are actually due all that money we were told we weren't !!!

CPR and VR are both a couple of erses who, during their respective periods of ownership, lied, conned and treated the Hearts fans with complete contempt.

One is treated like the most hated man in Europe and the other isn't.

Why ?

Remember how, in school, there'd be some cheeky chappy/bad boy who got away with all kinds of outrageous behaviour because the female teachers thought he was 'sweet', the girls fancied him and his classmates envied his popularity? And there'd also be some hapless sadsack who'd be the butt of all jokes, generally loathed and ridiculed and who, if he ever tried cosying up to the bad boy, would come a fearful cropper?

That's Romanov and Robinson, that is.

Drylaw Hearts
Most hated man in Drylaw?

Most definitely.

P.s.

I edited my original post but not quickly enough it seems.

Charlie-Brown
Yet ironically you have his words in your signature, in, I presume, an attempt to unite the Hearts support.

Charlieberg doesn't do irony, but if he did.......

Seige, on the Elvis thread people explain why they feel aggrieved against Elvis - Iam not one of them - but it is clear that if you read their reasons it was Elvis actions at Tynie that is the main reason - whether that is right or wrong or fair or balanced is entirely up for debate however the fact is those against Elvis are so because of what THEY perceive HE did, surely you cannot dispute that?

And VR ?

And what about answering my initial question !!

I don't even understand the question!! You are asking me why the JKB Anti-Christ isn't hated?

Remember how, in school, there'd be some cheeky chappy/bad boy who got away with all kinds of outrageous behaviour because the female teachers thought he was 'sweet', the girls fancied him and his classmates envied his popularity? And there'd also be some hapless sadsack who'd be the butt of all jokes, generally loathed and ridiculed and who, if he ever tried cosying up to the bad boy, would come a fearful cropper?

Thought you were talking about David Watts there.

I've corrected your typo. :xmascrazy:

Looking after his players' payers. I'm glad that's settled. :)

Drylaw Hearts
I have tried to get an answer from certain posters about this before.

I Haven't had much luck so far.

I don't expect your luck to change anytime soon Legend.

Is that you, Jeeves?

No wonder CPR got filled in at school if he was going around saying things like that!!

Drylaw Hearts
I don't even understand the question!! You are asking me why the JKB Anti-Christ isn't hated?

Go back to the first question on that particular post.

Seige, on the Elvis thread people explain why they feel aggrieved against Elvis - Iam not one of them - but it is clear that if you read their reasons it was Elvis actions at Tynie that is the main reason - whether that is right or wrong or fair or balanced is entirely up for debate however the fact is those against Elvis are so because of what THEY perceive HE did, surely you cannot dispute that?

It was the fact he was wearing a Celtic strip for ****** sake. Are you for real ?

Most hated man in Drylaw?

In all honesty Iain, and I know it is always difficult not to be influenced by the most recent events, I would say that VR is more strongly disliked by Hearts fans than Robinson ever was.

IF we do get new owners, I sincerely hope that it is a true consortium and that one individual does not put themselves to the forefront, we've had enough egotistical erse's in charge of our club.

Drylaw Hearts

Beetroot Soup for School Dinners ?

Craig Levein can kiss my big hairy arse.

Just as soon as he's finished licking Pieman's sweaty ballsack.

Has someone hijacked your account le Chat? When I was a semi-regular poster on here a year ago you were one of my favourite posters, and you posted some good, witty, well thought out stuff. Now it just seems to all be invective. What changed?

Captain Scarlett
Deary me... What the **** has that got to do with football?

At the end of the day I agree with everything the man says in that article.

The abuse directed at "the pieman" from the personal attacks his family suffered at the hands of hearts "fans" to the physical abuse that was inflicted on him personally.

Craig Levein at least has some sort of spine, but having said that I'm very pleased with Csaba and am loving his approach to the game in Scotland.

He's right about the negativity too. Andy Driver has several great games in a hearts shirt yet there is hardly any threads praising him. AS soon as he drops a bit of form the knives are out and there are 500 threads wondering what's happened to him and asking for him to be shipped out "NOT GOOD ENOUGH IMO!!!@!@!"

Get behind the team, no more scapegoats. Steven Simmons, Calum Elliot, Robbie Neilson, Saulius Mikoliunus, Marius Zaliukas, Andrius Velicka, JAmie Mole, Christian Nade just to name a few have all been the target of vitriol by bitter supporters who love to havea moan. Granted a few of those names haven't been good enough but maybe if we got behind them a bit more they could have made something of themselves.

nope they are all not good enough and never will be imo:tongue:

Thought you were talking about David Watts there.

:biggrin:

You must go back a bit, GA!

Just like VR's meeting with Elvis the week prior to his exit from Hearts.

More evidence of VR's 'integrity'.

Who mentioned VR's integrity? Shaun felt that CL was a man of integrity. Your whole world seems to be enveloped my one man - seek help! :)

I don't expect your luck to change anytime soon Legend.

Neither do i, judging by the avoidance re the similar question you yourself asked.

Charlie-Brown
It was the fact he was wearing a Celtic strip for ****** sake. Are you for real ?

So the people who say they now dislike Elvis for what they think he did at Tynecastle are lying and don't know their own mind?

Elvis actions split the Hearts support regards peoples opinions of Elvis surely you cannot deny that?

Go back to the first question on that particular post.

We will have to wait for the accounts - anything else would just be speculation, and I know you hate that.

Is that you, Jeeves?

No wonder CPR got filled in at school if he was going around saying things like that!!

Craig Levein: "I say, my good man! Kindly desist from such behaviour in future".

Graeme Hogg: "You what four eyes?"

Craig Levein: "Be advised that I intend to fetch you a hefty blow."

BOOM! THWACK! BIFF! BANG!

Drylaw Hearts
Who mentioned VR's integrity? Shaun felt that CL was a man of integrity. Your whole world seems to be enveloped my one man - seek help! :)

The point I was trying to make Iain is that you are quick to judge others integrity yet I don't recall you having much to say on VR's.

As you can tell I hate the man.

:xmasgrin:

So the people who say they now dislike Elvis for what they think he did at Tynecastle are lying and don't know their own mind?

No they just can't come out on JKB and say what they say in public ?!

Drylaw Hearts
We will have to wait for the accounts - anything else would just be speculation, and I know you hate that.

And still you avoid the question !!!

Anyway I'm off to Parkheid now......

I'm sure we'll have this debate again sometime soon.

siegementality

Elvis actions split the Hearts support regards peoples opinions of Elvis surely you cannot deny that?

FFS Charlie Elvis chest thumped loads of times, the difference on this occasion, as stated, was he was wearing a Celtic top at the time. Wake fecking up and stop playing silly buggers.

Guest Dipped Flake

Can't really make out what you mean but there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the fact he came back in a celtic strip is the main reason for many fans hatred of him

The point I was trying to make Iain is that you are quick to judge others integrity yet I don't recall you having much to say on VR's.

I think I get that!

Don't get yourself arrested - at least, not before GF!!

siegementality

VR has no integrity, therefore there is nothing to say.

Has someone hijacked your account le Chat? When I was a semi-regular poster on here a year ago you were one of my favourite posters, and you posted some good, witty, well thought out stuff. Now it just seems to all be invective. What changed?

This site changed. I just can't be arsed with the way its gone recently. You hardly ever get a laugh on here anymore. Its just the same old posters posting the same old boring sheeite over and over and over again.

Anyway, I take a very simplistic view of supporting Hearts - You're either with us or you're not.

If you're with us then that's fine, if you're not then you can feck off :)

This site changed. I just can't be arsed with the way its gone recently. You hardly ever get a laugh on here anymore. Its just the same old posters posting the same old boring sheeite over and over and over again.

Anyway, I take a very simplistic view of supporting Hearts - You're either with us or you're not.

Fair enough. :) Why do you stick with it then? (JKB, I mean)

loveofthegame

I still like Craig Levein, we all know he's very opinionated, i just think sometimes he should keep his gob shut.

As i alluded to earlier and as others have said, i fully believe a move to Murrayfield under CPR would have been the end. So i refuse to accept what Levein has said in that article. He owes us a lot, as a club and as supporters.

Charlie-Brown
I still like Craig Levein, we all know he's very opinionated, i just think sometimes he should keep his gob shut.

As i alluded to earlier and as others have said, i fully believe a move to Murrayfield under CPR would have been the end. So i refuse to accept what Levein has said in that article. He owes us a lot, as a club and as supporters.

Correct!

CL seemed very close to CPR and clearly felt his plans were best for the team, and therefore CL. The personal harrassment of CPR and other board members was wrong but football isn't a normal business and, I'm afraid, was to be expected.

Until VR turned up I supported the move to Murrayfield as the only way to keep the club going though it was questionable for how long given the fans reaction to going there.

Should CL keep quiet on these issues? I don't see why as he was involved.

Are we in a worse position now than then? Not yet imo.

Oh, and let's stuff Utd next week.

Fair enough. :) Why do you stick with it then? (JKB, I mean)

I enjoy talking about the greatest football team on earth :)

I just get hacked off reading the same old bullsh*t going round and round never going anywhere over and over again.

I guess I just dont put the same 'effort' into posting any more when I've spent an hour reading the sort of pish I did (again) this morning.

Amen, brother.

I think it's a great article.

I like the way that Levein speaks his mind, and is his own man.

Most great managers have that quality.

He has a go at the establishment and the pundits.

Quite right.

He reaffirms his loyalty to the team of which he is now a director.

How controversial is that?

He offers opinions about Hearts and Chris Robinson.

Fair enough; he's spent most of the past 25 years at Tynecastle and obviously cares about the club.

It seems he doesn't get on with Gary McKay.

That's a pity; I respect them both. Both were fine players. Gary's a bigger Hearts fan. Craig (as player and coach) has contributed more to the actual performance of the club. As a fan myself, I wish all our ex-players were one big happy family. As someone who has worked in a few organisations in my life, I understand how impossible that would be.

CL - these initials work well for a Hearts manager.

I'm happy with the CL we've got and wouldn't replace him. I hope he stays for 20 years and keeps putting out a winning team. But if circumstances changed and the other CL ever came back (assuming we have a future) I'd welcome him.

And last but not least.....

These people who want us to believe that he let us down at Dens Park in 1986. I think we discussed that to death a couple of weeks ago. Of all the Kickback myths, that one takes the biscuit.

And it's some biscuit.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

These threads make me sad.

Craig Levein getting it tight. Gary Mackay getting it tight. Two genuine Hearts favourites.

And yet, to pick a random example, Roman Romanov is still chairman of Heart of Midlothian football club and there hasn't been a peep of protest about that in three years.

Something's wrong here.

These threads make me sad.

Craig Levein getting it tight. Gary Mackay getting it tight. Two genuine Hearts favourites.

And yet, to pick a random example, Roman Romanov is still chairman of Heart of Midlothian football club and there hasn't been a peep of protest about that in three years.

Something's wrong here.

if you mean by "protest" numerous threads on here berating RR, there has been plenty of that.

Glamorgan Jambo

I think some people are making mountains out of molehills with this article which is by and large not about HMFC.

He doesn't have a go at SOH for anything other than being silent on the current situation. That's fair enough from his perspective. From what I've read on here the SOH guys (i) don't believe the current situation is that bad and (ii) are now fully aware of what running a high profile campaign entails and don't fancy it.

I can totally respect Iain and his friends on point (ii) and disagree with them on (i).

He does have a go at the small number who apparently took it too far against CPR and other board members. I can't honestly remember whether any of what he mentions actually happened. If it did I'd agree with him but I can't remember any cases going to court.

As far as the split between him and Gary McKay then I'm afraid if Gary's going to dish it out he can expect the same in return. The Dens Park stories are absolutely ridiculous (Roddy M had a good game) and should be treated as nothing more than spin from those with an axe to grind.

PS the best way to get him to shut his mouth is for the team to do the business next saturday.

Archived