Levein.....again!

iainmac

They're honest opinions. Sometimes they're about individuals, sometimes they're about broader issues. :)

Yessss...maybe they are, but that doesn't stop them being digs. They're not diplomatic, they're blunt and provocative. That's a dig! :)

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yessss...maybe they are, but that doesn't stop them being digs. They're not diplomatic, they're blunt and provocative. That's a dig! :)

But sometimes, if people are continually diplomatic, they end up making no point at all. I prefer Levein's approach myself - and if he was Hearts manager, so would pretty much all of us too! :)

Charlie-Brown
But sometimes, if people are continually diplomatic, they end up making no point at all. I prefer Levein's approach myself - and if he was Hearts manager, so would pretty much all of us too! :)

Shaun why wasn't Levein making any comments prior to Mackay's book launch last month?

Levein's Hearts comments last week & this week are digs at SOH / G.MacKay.and are probably retaliation in Levein's opinion to some of MacKay's comments......it's becoming quite sad to see this petty fued carried out in public and neither are the innocent party in my opinion.

It certainly looks that way and there's just no need for it. Levein may well be right, but he's just sniping - those comments are hardly constructive or relevant to what's going on at Hearts now.

Things are weird enough without two prominent and highly regarded ex-players taking pot shots at each other.

Charlie-Brown
It certainly looks that way and there's just no need for it. Levein may well be right, but he's just sniping - those comments are hardly constructive or relevant to what's going on at Hearts now.

Things are weird enough without two prominent and highly regarded ex-players taking pot shots at each other.

Indeed redm it's unnecessary. :mellow:

Shaun why wasn't Levein making any comments prior to Mackay's book launch last month?

Who knows? I suspect he'd have had plenty to say about us at some point anyway, though. Did Mackay mention Levein's illness prior to Dens '86, by the way? Or just criticise his behaviour during the SOH/Pieman saga?

When has Levein ever been continually diplomatic?!

As for managers, I like our own manager's approach. He's trying to focus on the team and the football, as it should be.

I normally like Levein's forthright approach but at the moment he's just being a bitch.

When has Levein ever been continually diplomatic?!

As for managers, I like our own manager's approach. He's trying to focus on the team and the football, as it should be.

I normally like Levein's forthright approach but at the moment he's just being a bitch.

I like Csaba's approach too. But did you like Levein's approach when he was with us? Did you like Jefferies spraying abuse at Tom Hendrie on the touchline and slagging off Don Goodman? See what I mean?

Charlie-Brown
I've completely missed the whole Levein/Mackay thing. What's all this about?

MacKay made some comments questioning Levein's commitment to the cause at Dens Park in 1986 given that other players played through the same illness, when he first started making these comments I'm not sure however he's alluded to this a few times now, there was also the dispute about Levein being a Robinson puppet during the Murrayfield events, Mackay makes some comments in his book, Levein had words with some of the SOH people before he left Hearts and is making more criticisms and comments now - it all seems to be personal in nature and between those two / few concerned.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
MacKay made some comments questioning Levein's commitment to the cause at Dens Park in 1986 given that other players played through the same illness,

Thanks.

This part is incredible. 22 years later and I've never heard anything like this. I'm quite shocked. I thought that group of players were as tight as anything.

Thanks.

This part is incredible. 22 years later and I've never heard anything like this. I'm quite shocked. I thought that group of players were as tight as anything.

They're not, unfortunately. And to be honest, I think it's a shocking accusation for Mackay to make: he's hardly a doctor, and the idea that any player should turn out when not physically able to do so rather than allow someone not ill to fill in instead is ludicrous.

Geoff Kilpatrick
They're not, unfortunately. And to be honest, I think it's a shocking accusation for Mackay to make: he's hardly a doctor, and the idea that any player should turn out when not physically able to do so rather than allow someone not ill to fill in instead is ludicrous.

That said, he's full of praise for Rima's diagnostic powers!

I agree with John S. Levein might/might not claim to still have feelings for HMFC, but I couldn`t give a monkeys , he`s now in charge of our rivals for 3rd spot in the SPL so he can GTF as far as I`m concerned.

And as for criticising Gary Mackay, who done everything possible to support his fellow fans in removing the pieman , he`s got a cheek, at least GM put his money where his mouth is in supporting fellow HMFC fans in the removal of CPR, who in lots of fans views was NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.

ToadKiller Dog

I think Levein's accusations that a certain Exhearts player (gary mackay) encourage fans to threaten the piemeister and his family are ludicrious ,there is a world of differance between that accusation and encouraging legitamate protest as mackay and others did.

CL sounds a bit like a tory minister attacking striking workers.

Seems his personal agenda is more important than his long hearts connection.

As someone said he is now in charge of one of our main rivals and his main concern is to beat us and us them.

Colonel Kurtz
I agree with John S. Levein might/might not claim to still have feelings for HMFC, but I couldn`t give a monkeys , he`s now in charge of our rivals for 3rd spot in the SPL so he can GTF as far as I`m concerned.

And as for criticising Gary Mackay, who done everything possible to support his fellow fans in removing the pieman , he`s got a cheek, at least GM put his money where his mouth is in supporting fellow HMFC fans in the removal of CPR, who in lots of fans views was NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.

Very good article

Its interesting that Levein amd Murray are criticised ,they cant be part of the clique.

THEY ARE HOWEVER BOTH ABSOLUTELY CORRECT

ROUND 8

This is the one he's definately got wrong IMO, he's basically saying it's alright to be ambitious, as long as you don't show it, nonsense, he's having a dig at csaba for mentioning the possibility of splitting the bigot brothers a few weeks ago.

C'mon now csaba stop being ambitious it's common.

Drylaw Hearts
Yet another pop at the club, SoH and a veiled attack on Gary Mackay in the Herald today.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines/display.var.2474923.0.Levein_fighting_the_united_corner.php

In this article he says that "he can't keep his mouth shut" - I think it's time that he did with regard to HMFC. He's managing the next team we play at home but this is the 2nd article where he goes on about his old mate CPR and the alleged "treatment" he got from the Hearts fans.

The article is called "Levein Fighting The United Corner" just in case anyone had any doubts where his loyalties now lie.

He comes across as if he is beyond reproach and it's clear that he can't take any sort of criticism, even from his own fans - but Graeme Hogg could have told you that.

Let's get it right up his team on 20th.

Of course CL's loyalties lie at Utd now - he's their Director of Football/Manager ffs.

You are clever enough to have known that before hand and I would like to think the majority of Hearts fans would realise that.

Apart from that....

It's a pretty decent article with a sensational headline to catch the attention.

No matter what you think though, CL is a Hearts man underneath that Dundee Utd overcoat.

He's just a Hearts fan with a different outlook to you on our current situation - as am I.

In respect of being in a worse off position, did he miss the fact we were going to sell Tynie?

In respect of splitting the OF, did he miss the fact that we did that already?

All the time in the world for him before he left. Becoming a real plum now.

The Real Maroonblood
Yet another pop at the club, SoH and a veiled attack on Gary Mackay in the Herald today.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines/display.var.2474923.0.Levein_fighting_the_united_corner.php

In this article he says that "he can't keep his mouth shut" - I think it's time that he did with regard to HMFC. He's managing the next team we play at home but this is the 2nd article where he goes on about his old mate CPR and the alleged "treatment" he got from the Hearts fans.

The article is called "Levein Fighting The United Corner" just in case anyone had any doubts where his loyalties now lie.

He comes across as if he is beyond reproach and it's clear that he can't take any sort of criticism, even from his own fans - but Graeme Hogg could have told you that.

Shocking. Lets have a protest behind the Main Stand next Saturday.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

There is a possibility we are in a worse situation than we were under Robinson, only because none of us actually know the whole facts. I would be very surprised if that was the case though.

Robinson's single minded attitute in doing the best for himself and to hell with Heart of Midlothian was sickening.

None of us have enjoyed Romanov's antics the last 2 years but we should always be grateful he bought us when he did.

Craig has been “quoted” time and again recently commenting on the Hearts.

Lets not forget how good the Hearts were to Craig when he was seriously injured, not once but twice.

Lets not forget that at a time when as manager he was tasked with reducing our budget he still had the highest wage bill in Scotland outwith the OF.

Lets not forget that he walked out on us before an important Euro tie – for a nomark club ffs

Good player? Yes, but just good not brilliant; Good manager? Yes perhaps; Hearts man? I’m not sure

He certainly does not have the right to comment adversely on what Hearts fans did to save the Hearts from Robinson, Imo. We’re still here, he cut and ran at the first option.

Bang on the money.

As I've said before, Craig Levein looks after Craig Levein.

Bang on the money.

As I've said before, Craig Levein looks after Craig Levein.

Nothing wrong with that.

I think the article/headline got the desired effect. :rolleyes:

Drylaw Hearts
There is a possibility we are in a worse situation than we were under Robinson, only because none of us actually know the whole facts. I would be very surprised if that was the case though.

Robinson's single minded attitute in doing the best for himself and to hell with Heart of Midlothian was sickening.

None of us have enjoyed Romanov's antics the last 2 years but we should always be grateful he bought us when he did.

I was glad CPR bought us when he did.

It should also not be forgotten the Scottish Cup was won when he was part-owner.

The majority turned on him when they didn't agree with what he was doing with the club.

Romanov's single minded attitute in doing the best for himself and to hell with Heart of Midlothian is sickening.

I see no difference between CPR and VR.

Both have turned out to be complete nob's after a decent start.

I was glad CPR bought us when he did.

With hindsight though it would have been better if someone else had taken us over who wouldn't leave us with a debt of ?24m.

Drylaw Hearts
With hindsight though it would have been better if someone else had taken us over who wouldn't leave us with a debt of ?24m.

Agreed.

And in hindsight it would have been better if someone else had taken us over rather that put us through all the crap and lies we've had to endure from VR.

Not to mention increasing that ?24million debt by 50% within 2 years.

The problem we had, on both occassions, is that potential buyers were hardly banging down the door to get involved.

In respect of being in a worse off position, did he miss the fact we were going to sell Tynie?

In respect of splitting the OF, did he miss the fact that we did that already?

All the time in the world for him before he left. Becoming a real plum now.

But we don't even have the option of selling Tynie now. Ergo, we may - only may - be in an even worse position. And sure, we split the OF: with a wage bill as big as our entire turnover! Yay us. It's actually part of the reason we are where we find ourselves now. If you don't put yourself in all kinds of trouble, you can't split the OF - or to put it another way, were we to do so this season, it'd be the greatest achievement in Scottish football in at least 24 years.

Agreed.

And in hindsight it would have been better if someone else had taken us over rather that put us through all the crap and lies we've had to endure from VR.

The problem we had, on both occassions, is that potential buyers were hardly banging down the door to get involved.

Largely because you have to be a bit of a lunatic to buy a loss-making football club.

But we don't even have the option of selling Tynie now. Ergo, we may - only may - be in an even worse position. And sure, we split the OF: with a wage bill as big as our entire turnover! Yay us. It's actually part of the reason we are where we find ourselves now. If you don't put yourself in all kinds of trouble, you can't split the OF - or to put it another way, were we to do so this season, it'd be the greatest achievement in Scottish football in at least 24 years.

That's true, but why have a vailed go at csaba for showing that ambition.

ROUND 4 - The punters. "For some reason it is the norm to be critical. It is acceptable to say anything you like about the quality of a manager or player. I remember years ago supporters wouldn't hear a word about another team or the media saying anything about their players. Now, all you hear is criticism from your own supporters about the team and the manager. It is ludicrous. There used to be a bunker mentality where it was us against them, that's changed."

Get behind the team, no more scapegoats. Steven Simmons, Calum Elliot, Robbie Neilson, Saulius Mikoliunus, Marius Zaliukas, Andrius Velicka, JAmie Mole, Christian Nade just to name a few have all been the target of vitriol by bitter supporters who love to havea moan. Granted a few of those names haven't been good enough but maybe if we got behind them a bit more they could have made something of themselves.

The 'us against them' has almost gone from Hearts and now we have fans continually putting down our own players. I don't like it.

That's true, but why have a vailed go at csaba for showing that ambition.

Because it's dangerous. If you make comments like that, it heightens the desire of the OF to put us 'in our place'. Rangers and Celtic often drop points against the Caley Thistles of this world because they're simply not as focused as they invariably are against us, and naturally so - but if you talk up your chances of splitting them, you'd better be damn sure you have the raw materials to do so (as we did in 05/6, but certainly don't now).

I don't have a problem with Csaba saying it, though. He's just excited, and looking to achieve as much as is humanly possible. I also think many managers go too far to the opposite extreme, whereby they talk their team's chances down too much, and essentially create a self-fulfilling prophecy. But the best way of challenging the OF is to catch them off guard, as we did in Autumn '97 and again in Autumn '05: announcing your arrival on the scene before you're anywhere near ready is likely to lead to a sticky end.

I wonder why it is not a pain to talk about us in the press now, especially when the said person found it a 'pain' when the press linked him to the Hearts managers job in the summer. :xmaszip:

Levein has a point, not a peep from those who welcomed romanov

Romanov has not threatened to close the club down (sell Tynecastle) so what is the point?

Drylaw Hearts
Romanov has not threatened to close the club down (sell Tynecastle) so what is the point?

?

CPR didn't threaten to close Hearts down.

?

CPR didn't threaten to close Hearts down.

Moving to Murrayfield was the end. Everyone knew it.

Levein said the other day that Romanov had no plan but at least CPR had a plan, some plan.

Moving to Murrayfield was the end. Everyone knew it.

Levein said the other day that Romanov had no plan but at least CPR had a plan, some plan.

No - it may have been the end. It would have cleared our debts, and enabled us to trade normally, albeit in front of low crowds and with a savagely reduced budget. We couldn't have gone back into debt, because we'd have had no assets to borrow against.

Perhaps someone would've come forward a year or two down the line; perhaps they wouldn't. Perhaps it was also the case that too few people - either fans or potential owners - truly regarded it as the end. I was implacably opposed to moving because I could see no plan whatsoever beyond it, and didn't trust Robinson as far as I could throw him - but events may yet show we're in an even worse position now.

siegementality

Are you in this photo of the mini bus outside CPR's house?

http://www.shinyglobe.com/africa/africagrafixx/timbuktu/_bus.jpg

The Old Tolbooth

Another Hearts legend bashing thread, I wonder how many more ex players and legends we can slag off before the end of the day, who's next, Robbo? Or possibly Hartley because we're playing Celtic today and he might go and do something silly against us like put in a tackle! :wacko:

Agreed.

My only expectation with Romanov was that when he leaves they'll still be a Heart of Midlothian that is financially stable. If he manages that he will go down as a hero in my eyes despite all the crap he's put me through.

Another Hearts legend bashing thread, I wonder how many more ex players and legends we can slag off before the end of the day, who's next, Robbo? Or possibly Hartley because we're playing Celtic today and he might go and do something silly against us like put in a tackle! :wacko:

It's funny though. I was watching the highlights of the '06 final again last night - and if we'd lost the shoot-out, not only would Romanov be nowhere near as accepted/tolerated as he still is, but Hartley would probably be regarded as an out-and-out villain! :eek:

Fine lines, eh?

Another Hearts legend bashing thread, /quote]

Think the thread was/is about an ex Hearts player/manager bashing the club, some of it's fans* and an ex player.

*Funny how some of the those who have a go at Hearts fans 'bashing' other Hearts fans are quiet on this. Levein we are told is a Hearts fan.

The Old Tolbooth
It's funny though. I was watching the highlights of the '06 final again last night - and if we'd lost the shoot-out, not only would Romanov be nowhere near as accepted/tolerated as he still is, but Hartley would probably be regarded as an out-and-out villain! :eek:

Fine lines, eh?

It's a good point Shaun, however we all know that Dougie "the cheat" McDonald did his level best for Gretna that day and although Hartley probably deserved to go, so did Skelton, the pleasing thing for me was that by letting him stay on the pitch and trying to cheat Hearts, it was Skelton who missed the important spot kick, I bet that still sticks in hobo McDonalds throat to this day.

Hartley will always be a legend in my eys for his one man demolition of the hobos in the semi final, and for his reaction every time he scored against them (which was plenty and they hated it) :xmasgrin:

Drylaw Hearts
My only expectation with Romanov was that when he leaves they'll still be a Heart of Midlothian that is financially stable. If he manages that he will go down as a hero in my eyes despite all the crap he's put me through.

I've no doubt he will leave us in a better position off the park - which is why I'm desperate to see the back of him.

The Old Tolbooth
Another Hearts legend bashing thread' date=' /quote']

Think the thread was/is about an ex Hearts player/manager bashing the club, some of it's fans* and an ex player.

*Funny how some of the those who have a go at Hearts fans 'bashing' other Hearts fans are quiet on this. Levein we are told is a Hearts fan.

Yeah but it's turned into a "let bash CL thread", which is sad.

The guys only speaking his mind, which in my opinion there's nothing wrong with, and I cant see anything wrong with the article in regard to bashing Hearts FC, only the treatment of the pieman (who I still think we let off lightly btw) :)

Archived