CRAIG LEVEIN ON RADIO SCOTLAND

Guest jambomickey

Mob handed??

Don't be such a drama queen - we were going to the match FFS.[/quote

Dont be such a pseudo hardman' date= that was the tone of your original reply to someone who dared question you. But then I didnt know you were "activists".[/quote]

thats how you choice to read it for the record your looking ridiculous

you asked where SOH were and one of the best know "for want of a better word" "faces" them informed you there were a large number of them in the tynie arms yesterday they were never a football hooligan crew FFS

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you asked where SOH were and one of the best know "for want of a better word" "faces" them informed you there were a large number of them in the tynie arms yesterday they were never a football hooligan crew FFS

they were only allowed to stay there after they got permission from there wives,girlfriends ,and boyfriends :P

Mob handed??

Don't be such a drama queen - we were going to the match FFS.[/quote

Dont be such a pseudo hardman' date= that was the tone of your original reply to someone who dared question you. But then I didnt know you were "activists".[/quote]

We were activists in SOH - not any more. We still meet up and go to the games though, if that's OK?

Thank you Dougie Brimson. If you care to re-read, I did not ask the question. I did enjoy a few of their early albums tho, the faces that is. Ridiculous....

Btw you met the bird from Allsports at hampden' date='it must have been having to listen to your patter all night that drove her to CL[/quote']

CK, I take it you've been on the electric soup tonight? I have no idea what / who you are blethering about but no change there.

Colonel Kurtz

CK' date=' I take it you've been on the electric soup tonight? I have no idea what / who you are blethering about but no change there.[/quote']

I wasnt replying to you

Thankfully I wasnt stuck with you at hampden, your patter would have been worse than kinksters,but your "activists" would no doubt lap it up.

still never mind it must be your turn for the book next year

must be your turn for the book next year

See post #118 ;)

There is something weird happening with the quote facility on this thread!

Don't get this whole, 'Levein is one of us' talk.

Don't get me wrong, he was probably the finest player I have ever seen wearing maroon, however his comments during the SOH campaign particularly peshed me off, he then left us on the eve of a huge European tie, yeah he had personal issues, but if he was 'One of us' that could have been put aside for 48 hours. If he was No1 choice for Leicester, I'm sure a couple of days wouldn't have made any odds.

I know that's what I (a Hearts man) would have done.

Craig Levein looks after Craig Levein.

So Levein walked out before a big euro tie....

Romanov sacked a manager that had us challenging for the SPL

Whos the bigger ****?

Iain - Fair point. I know and appreciated the work that yourself and the other guys put into that campaign which did yield a result in that we got rid of Robinson and saved Tynie...and the club at the time. But I can't help thinking that we have stepped out the fire into yet another fire...

enzo i doubt any hearts fan will disagree with you on that ,might i suggest that maybe the situation is a wee bit different. (hopefully)

under cpr the roof had fallen in tynie was sold the support was completely demoralised with crowds habitually lower than they are today

under VR yes we have been embarrassed and had a wretched time of it at stages (also some brillant times as well ) but the roof has not fallen in yet.

yes there is clearly a cash flow problem at ubig but aside from the nightmare/nuclear scenario(god forbid) it could just be that ubig knowing hearts have significant cash coming in on January are unwilling to free up much needed capital to hearts.

the first not playing the players "situation" scared me to death when it was relieved that the RBS refused us a 100 000 overdraft ,you can check my posts on it at the time

my instant reaction was if a banker will not lend to a banker they must be broke/disreputable 3/4 weeks later it was apparent that it was because the bank had no money and the international banking system was tetering on collapse

we don't know how it will panelling out all we can do is back the team and may i suggest if not back mr romanov at least give him the benefit of the doubt until we know what is going on .

if you take mr romanov out the situation unfortunately we are back to square 1 except in a time of world economic meltdown

portobellojambo1
....but there has to be a plan.

You can only formulate a plan once you know your 'enemy's' intentions.

None of us know what Romanov's plans are, Robinson, as you say, communicated so people were able to then put a plan in place to counter him.

I think with Romanov what you mean is "there has to be a solution".

And of course there is a solution. Someone with money has to make that money available to purchase the majority shareholding and stand guarantor to the debt, or clear it. I don't think many fans would oppose the solution.

The problem at the moment is nobody is indicating a willingness to do that, i.e. show their money.

Thank you Dougie Brimson. If you care to re-read' date=' I did not ask the question. I did enjoy a few of their early albums tho, the faces that is. Ridiculous....[/quote']

red face time sorry you indeed did not bring it up :o:o:o

When I heard Craig Levein being asked about the situation at Heart by Richard Gordon, I knew this place would go into meltdown.

Would it have been okay for Gordon Strachan, Walter Smith, Mixu Paatelienen or Jimmy Calderwood to say exactly the same things then ?

No - but it was painfully obvious to anyone that listened that Craig was being asked for his views on Hearts as a fan first and foremost. Not as a spokesman for Dundee United.

Rubbish - the fact he is manager of Dundee Utd and is still prepared to come out and make his affinity with Hearts obvious just shows his depth of feeling for the club.

Anybody else and I'd be agreeing with you but Levien is a Hearts man, regardless of what job he is doing now. His professional dedication will be to Utd but he is a Hearts man through and through.

I know for a fact he still refers to Hearts as "us" and "we" when he talks about the club.

I thought Levein was articulate and fair in his appraisal of the state our club. It was also abundantly clear that he still has huge feelings for the club. So what he left, he was a young manager on the up and had a chance to progress his career. He took it, he'd have been mad not to.

Csaba has undoubtedly done a good job and Levein gave credit for that. He praised the way that Csaba and mad Vlad seem to be in synch on the football side. I interpreted that as a compliment to both Csaba and mad Vlad.

There are clearly problems financially. There was some discussion speculating that the fact mad Vlad's primary business interest is a bank might explain why we are experiencing difficulties. In the absence of anything official from Hearts, again I thought this was a reasonable conclusion.

The Levein I heard today said nothing that hasn't been highlighted by most on here in recent weeks. I have no problem with that. On the contrary, I am delighted to hear higher profile Hearts people than most of us on here give our plight publicity. It might entice some sort of response from the club.

scott herbertson
When I heard Craig Levein being asked about the situation at Heart by Richard Gordon, I knew this place would go into meltdown.

No - but it was painfully obvious to anyone that listened that Craig was being asked for his views on Hearts as a fan first and foremost. Not as a spokesman for Dundee United.

I thought Levein was articulate and fair in his appraisal of the state our club. It was also abundantly clear that he still has huge feelings for the club. So what he left, he was a young manager on the up and had a chance to progress his career. He took it, he'd have been mad not to.

Csaba has undoubtedly done a good job and Levein gave credit for that. He praised the way that Csaba and mad Vlad seem to be in synch on the football side. I interpreted that as a compliment to both Csaba and mad Vlad.

There are clearly problems financially. There was some discussion speculating that the fact mad Vlad's primary business interest is a bank might explain why we are experiencing difficulties. In the absence of anything official from Hearts, again I thought this was a reasonable conclusion.

The Levein I heard today said nothing that hasn't been highlighted by most on here in recent weeks. I have no problem with that. On the contrary, I am delighted to hear higher profile Hearts people than most of us on here give our plight publicity. It might entice some sort of response from the club.

excellent post

Point is he is not a fan and can't look at us from a fans perspective, he is manager of another rival SPL side (Who do you think he wants to win between dundee UTD and Hearts? who do you think he would rather see playing in Europe or getting 3rd place?). What he should have done is what any other respecting manager would have done if asked about another rival clubs situation which was not football specific and that is to say "I can't answer that you would have to ask the present manager"

You can only formulate a plan once you know your 'enemy's' intentions.

None of us know what Romanov's plans are, Robinson, as you say, communicated so people were able to then put a plan in place to counter him.

I think with Romanov what you mean is "there has to be a solution".

And of course there is a solution. Someone with money has to make that money available to purchase the majority shareholding and stand guarantor to the debt, or clear it. I don't think many fans would oppose the solution.

The problem at the moment is nobody is indicating a willingness to do that, i.e. show their money.

Iain, well if we get a bonus in January's pay then perhaps we could lead a consortium and make a concerted effort to buy him out and take on the debt.:mw_rolleyes:

Point is he is not a fan and can't look at us from a fans perspective, he is manager of another rival SPL side (Who do you think he wants to win between dundee UTD and Hearts? who do you think he would rather see playing in Europe or getting 3rd place?). What he should have done is what any other respecting manager would have done if asked about another rival clubs situation which was not football specific and that is to say "I can't answer that you would have to ask the present manager"

But the questions he was asked by Richard Gordon were the same as Richard Gordon had asked other Hearts supporters. The context was clear and obvious.

Levein is a professional - Dundee United pay him a salary to get them as far up the league as possible. So of course he wants Dundee United to win. They employ him.

That does not make him any less of a Hearts fan than anyone else.

I wonder if Robbo, Jefferies or to a lesser extent Burley would be criticised if asked they offered similiar answers to similar same questions from Richard Gordon.

enzo i doubt any hearts fan will disagree with you on that ,might i suggest that maybe the situation is a wee bit different. (hopefully)

under cpr the roof had fallen in tynie was sold the support was completely demoralised with crowds habitually lower than they are today

under VR yes we have been embarrassed and had a wretched time of it at stages (also some brillant times as well ) but the roof has not fallen in yet.

yes there is clearly a cash flow problem at ubig but aside from the nightmare/nuclear scenario(god forbid) it could just be that ubig knowing hearts have significant cash coming in on January are unwilling to free up much needed capital to hearts.

the first not playing the players "situation" scared me to death when it was relieved that the RBS refused us a 100 000 overdraft ,you can check my posts on it at the time

my instant reaction was if a banker will not lend to a banker they must be broke/disreputable 3/4 weeks later it was apparent that it was because the bank had no money and the international banking system was tetering on collapse

we don't know how it will panelling out all we can do is back the team and may i suggest if not back mr romanov at least give him the benefit of the doubt until we know what is going on .

if you take mr romanov out the situation unfortunately we are back to square 1 except in a time of world economic meltdown

Good post TJ. I suppose thats the problem...nobody really knows how bad, or otherwise, the situation really is. The global situation is certainly very worrying...but we just have to hope.

BTW - apologies for suggesting yesterday that you were on drugs...and for questioning whether you car shared with Mr Foulkes. I don't know which one offended you most :D

Charlie-Brown
Iain, well if we get a bonus in January's pay then perhaps we could lead a consortium and make a concerted effort to buy him out and take on the debt.:mw_rolleyes:

How much bonus will the policy holders be getting this year? :mw_rolleyes:

But the questions he was asked by Richard Gordon were the same as Richard Gordon had asked other Hearts supporters. The context was clear and obvious.

Levein is a professional - Dundee United pay him a salary to get them as far up the league as possible. So of course he wants Dundee United to win. They employ him.

That does not make him any less of a Hearts fan than anyone else.

I wonder if Robbo, Jefferies or to a lesser extent Burley would be criticised if asked they offered similiar answers to similar same questions from Richard Gordon.

Both those highlighted wouldnt comment though. Robbo might. The point I think your missing, is its not about what he said, we all know the problems, it is the fact he said what he said while manager of rival club, which IMO and many others is completely disrespectfull. Everyone is entitled to their opinions but there are times when those opinions should be kept to yourself. This was one of those times.

Would you hear Strachan commenting on Rangers issues?

Smith commenting on Celtic issues?

Hughes commenting on Hibs issues?

Paatelinen commenting on Hearts issues?

And so on and on etc. No You don't and wouldnt either. You will hear them speaking about football issues regarding other teams but not behind the scenes club issues while in employment of a rival club. It's just not the done thing.

southside1874
craig levein asking where are the guys who were up at chris robinsons house threatning him and his family, he also was saying that csaba is doing a great job and hearts have finally found a manager who can work with romanov, he was alsosaying that when robinson was selling the ground he had a plan but now romanov doesn't have a plan! think all in all it's obvious levein doesn't trust or have any faith in romanov.

Well if i was challenging for third place...............I would say all the nice things and give the club confidence.

Very well said. Craig Levein is a Hearts 'hall of famer' and has a lot more class than some of the muppets on this thread.

Both those highlighted wouldnt comment though. Robbo might. The point I think your missing, is its not about what he said, we all know the problems, it is the fact he said what he said while manager of rival club, which IMO and many others is completely disrespectfull. Everyone is entitled to their opinions but there are times when those opinions should be kept to yourself. This was one of those times.

And so on and on etc. No You don't and wouldnt either. You will hear them speaking about football issues regarding other teams but not behind the scenes club issues while in employment of a rival club. It's just not the done thing.

Didn't seem to stop JJ from blasting the madman previously :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scot_prem/6366673.stm

Didn't seem to stop JJ from blasting the madman previously :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scot_prem/6366673.stm

Think your confusing things slightly

JJ is blasting Vlad slightly there but not once has JJ said anything in that about how Romanov is running Hearts or specific hearts related issues regarding finance or anything. He is talking from a personal stand point with regards to Romanovs comments about Tapping of players and Refs being biased.

Big difference

Think your confusing things slightly

I think your just confused.

Talk about getting your knickers in a twist over nothing.

Craig Levein, a Hearts legend and Hall of Famer is asked a few questions about, horror of horrors, Heart of Midlothian Football Club and answers them in an articulate and honest manner.

Craig Levein, a Hearts legend and Hall of Famer is asked a few questions about, horror of horrors, Heart of Midlothian Football Club and answers them in an articulate and honest manner.

I don't think there will be any convincing some of the guys on here magicT.

I suppose life would be boring if we all agreed.

Suppose we will have to agree to disagree on this then.

And just because he is a Hearts Legend and Hall Of Famer, does not give him or anyone for that matter in his position, the right to speak badly about the club, whether they are right or wrong.

And just because he is a Hearts Legend and Hall Of Famer, does not give him or anyone for that matter in his position, the right to speak badly about the club, whether they are right or wrong.

Fair enough Together.

What was it he said that was bad in your view? I heard the interview and I honestly don't interpret anything he said as speaking ill of the club.

Genuine question, not **** stirring.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Questioning is not speaking badly about the club.

Dissenting is not speaking badly about the club.

Criticising is not speaking badly about the club.

Even protesting is not speaking badly about the club.

If you don't like something somebody says you should have the courage and the wit to confront them, not want them censored.

Please don't ever stand as a candidate for Parliament!:tongue:

There's an interesting view on Craig Levein's character in Gary Mackay's book. Would recommend it to all.

And as for the post way above on this thread about how money is perhaps shipped from Hearts to Kaunas - it would be interesting if a shareholder could get a real response from the Board this year about ?3-4m of 'registration fees'.

You miss the point, Strachan, ex Gers player and manager - no, smith ex Celtic player/manager - no. Levein, ex player, manager, member of hall of fame - yes. Hope that is helpful to the hard of understanding

Cheers Craig for your helpful,useful, informative points, welcome back any time

After pausing to congratulate Blairdin for an excellent post.....

Interesting that there are still people who would rather have a debate about Craig Levein - Right or Wrong (right for me btw) than our rather precarious financial position.

Colonel Kurtz

Certain posters have adhered to the game against Dundee and the view expressed by ex players.

The wasa a virus that day in the camp and a posponement was asked for,some players like Kenny Black played...badly because of their ailment,others like CL considered that a fully fit reserve...Roddy Macdonald was a better alternative..

I have no problem with either stance.

I have more problems with players who because they dont like the manager,and are not getting their own way,choose to lie down against Falkirk.

I have spoken to CL many times and always got the impression he was a Hearts amn.

There was division and clashes in the team...there is in every team and CL is equally as scathing of his critics, their personalities and financial motives,thats life.

It interesting that nobody chose to dig up CL when he as at the club,maybe they had saw the Graham Hogg spat,and saw GH who was a big laddie eating his food through a straw for weeks

What right has the manager of a rival club got to discuss the goings on at Hearts FC in such a manner.

If that had been Strachan speaking like that this place would be in meltdown.

Levein is as good a (if not a better) Jambo than some of the people who would have been doing the moaning on here - he's entitled to his say.

Charlie-Brown

Most of what Craig Levein said was fine although of course as the manager of a rival SPL club he's bound to have some conflict of interest however that aside he was reasonably fair & balanced in his comments and his opinion of Csaba Laszlo was positive and encouraging, where I feel Craig let himself down a bit was a dig at some of the SOH protestors with whom he clearly harbours some personal issues and I don't think BBC Sportsound was the correct forum to air those when those he criticised don't have the same opportunity or airtime to reply.

If a Hearts legend of the standing of Craig Levein is not entitled to an opinion on the club then we are in a bad state. I've no doubt he still has friends at the club and has a pretty good idea what's going on, some just dont want to believe it.

IMO the quicker we see the back of this clown (VR) the better, may then have some chance of a future HMFC.

Guest jambomickey
If a Hearts legend of the standing of Craig Levein is not entitled to an opinion on the club then we are in a bad state. I've no doubt he still has friends at the club and has a pretty good idea what's going on, some just dont want to believe it.

IMO the quicker we see the back of this clown (VR) the better, may then have some chance of a future HMFC.

SPOT ON!

What right has the manager of a rival club got to discuss the goings on at Hearts FC in such a manner.

If that had been Strachan speaking like that this place would be in meltdown.

FFS, i think this is a bit different. Craig Levein loves Hearts and always will. I can see where your coming from with the opposite manager point but we`re talking about a guy who spent nigh on 18 years(approx) as player and manager of our club.

He walked as soon as Romanov came in the door, not having the bottle to even stay and test the water for himself. He has no right to be publicly commenting on Hearts situation. He's the manager of a rival club, probably our closest rivals this season.

In terms of him walking out and not testing the water, all that proves to me is that he is very perceptive and sensed where all this would go. I would not want to work under Romanov either.

Levein, as a former Hearts player and manager has every right to express an opinion on what goes on at Tynie, as he clearly has a deep affection for what goes on with the Hearts. I think if he had no former link to Hearts and was expressing an opinion then he has stepped across boundaries he should not have.

There's an interesting view on Craig Levein's character in Gary Mackay's book. Would recommend it to all.

I haven't read the book but I spoke with Ally Dawson (ex Rangers) a few years ago. Told him I was a Hearts fan and I started talking about Levein and Mackay etc (Ally was up coaching kids and Levein and Mackay had been up with George Cowie when I was a youngster doing the same). He said he had a lot of time for Craig Levein (he said this a few times) and when pushed he said he didn't like Gary Mackay.

Nothing to do with this subject really but just thought I'd add it in!!! He seemed a nice bloke in truth.

Is the book any good?

Craig Levein =greatest player i have ever see in a Hearts jersey-no doubt about it.

His BBC interview did not surprise me and was very cute but its time to move on, the future of Hearts is more important than any individual.

Archived