CRAIG LEVEIN ON RADIO SCOTLAND

Guest jambomickey

winston churchill
Not sure why Levein is getting a hard time for his comments.

He spoke really positively about Csaba and gave him huge credit for turning the team around and building team spirit. He also something like "There is no doubt in my mind that Hearts should be the 3rd force in Scotland". Quite a statement when you consider he is the current manager of a team with similar aspirations.

He was right in the thick of it during the ' Robinson Out' campaign and he's entitled to his opinion when he points to all the people who were so enthusistic about getting Romanov in.

no problem with most of what he said.

as i said earlier in the thread,it's the bit about the pieman having a plan that rubs me up the wrong way.

just think,if he put his plan in place.we could have all went and watch the club die a slow death at muddy field.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To be quite honest i'm not exactly delighted with whats going on at the club myself.

A thought here though.isn't it right up Craig leveins street and the rest of scottish football for the Hearts fans and club to be at each others throats?.Or maybe i'm wrong.

He's not that cynical, robbo. Hard nosed professional, yes - but I'm sure he personally is very worried about a club he's had long professional and emotional ties with.

He was right in the thick of it. !!!

The man never EVER publicly commented about Hearts internal situation when he was the manager and left on the first stagecoach when the going got tough.!! He now cites "fans protest" as one of the reasons he left !!!!

Perhaps I should re-phrase that to "He was caught in the middle of it".

I know Levein deliberately took a step back from all the demos and anti-Robinson stuff that was going on.

Rightly or wrongly (wrongly in my opinion) I think he was sticking up for Robinson and getting in a wee dig at the pro Romanov supporters at the same time.

I'm sure he personally is very worried about a club he's had long professional and emotional ties with.

He wasn't worried or emotional when he walked out on us on the eve of a major Yooro tie. :evilno:

Guest jambomickey
When he was manager he said it was wrong for fans to boycott Tynecastle.

Has he changed his mind?

when he was at tynecastle at least the bills and players were paid on time and we knew for a fact he picked the team and tactics

Guest jambomickey
He wasn't worried or emotional when he walked out on us on the eve of a major Yooro tie. :evilno:

with the benefit of hindsight can you blame him?

Sorry have we all been transported back to some sort of eastern european dictatorship??

Democracy is still en vogue in my house, dont know about you?

Tynecastle came under threat we turned into a bunch of militants

Our entire financial wellbeing appears shakey and the best we hear is "oooh lets fill the stadium"

Seems as if he just pointing out the fact that things are now worse but the response to this is non-existant.

Spot on Jammy T. I couldn't agree more with Levein's comments too. Where are Save our Hearts now?

We are in a far worse position financially now than under Robinson. When he had to sell players the money went towards clearing the debt. Under Romanov, the profits made on players sold have been siphoned back to Kaunas....not for the benefit of HMFC. In January, we will be forced to sell players just to pay the wages. The blame lies squarely at the door of the person who sanctioned obscene contracts to mediocre players.

That's because he's also hard nosed and professional, as I said:

"Hello, it's the Leicester Chairman here. Craig, you've got the job, and you can take over immediately".

"Ach naw, I've got a game first! Can you wait a couple of days?"

"Wait? Wait? This is a full-time job sonny, and we need someone who's fully committed".

"Oh well. OK then".

The Real Maroonblood
People can say what they want. They probably wouldnt have chosen to because they dont really care.

Poor wee Jambos. Ex manager speaks the truth shocker

Shame on Levein not committing the rest of his life to a football club

Well said.

when he was at tynecastle at least the bills and players were paid on time and we knew for a fact he picked the team and tactics

Yes, and we won feck all. :mad:

;)

Spot on Jammy T. I couldn't agree more with Levein's comments too. Where are Save our Hearts now?

So he now likes boycotts and protests?

We are in a far worse position financially now than under Robinson. When he had to sell players the money went towards clearing the debt. Under Romanov, the profits made on players sold have been siphoned back to Kaunas....not for the benefit of HMFC. In January, we will be forced to sell players just to pay the wages. The blame lies squarely at the door of the person who sanctioned obscene contracts to mediocre players.

Not taking sides here but how do you know this?

He had already committed himself to joining Leicester but I don't think he should be commenting on HMFC now that he has committed himself to Dundee United.

Glamorgan Jambo

Just because Leveins a bit more articulate than most footballers/managers doesn't put him on the same level of eloquence as Winston Churchill or even your average media trained corporate type... that for me explains most of the inconsistencies in what he's said since he went at what couldn't be described as anything other than a timing that left a lot to be desired.

Nevertheless I believe he cares for the club.

And I believe he has made an excellent point about the lack of a plan under Romanov.

Where are Save our Hearts now?

The one thing I took from the SOH experiance was that no matter how hated the owner was and how much people bitched about change when it came to the crunch not enough fans were prepared to ante up.

If the majority of people who claim to be Hearts fans had put up ?100 we, the fans, could have owned a sizeable chunk of the club.

We have had our chance with SOH when no one shareholder could not be held accountable. Now we have Romanov.

He's not that cynical, robbo. Hard nosed professional, yes - but I'm sure he personally is very worried about a club he's had long professional and emotional ties with.

Fair enough Shaun but he has a job to do for Dundee Utd and any advantage he can possibly gain i'm sure he will grasp.

Can someone please explain exactly what it was he said about the guys up at Pieman's house and what context it was in ?

Ta.

The Old Tolbooth
Legendary former players opinions are always welcome IMO.

He's an intelligent guy and his views are valid.

Exactly, well said Cosa.

The guy (in my eyes) is a Hearts legend, and a true Jambo, he obviously had the foresight to see what Vlad was going to be like to work with and thought better of it, in hindsight I think he made the right choice.

Romanov Stole My Pension

The situation under Robinson was very different to the current situation. Levein is a good Hearts man but shouldn't have had a go at the Hearts supporters.

What right has the manager of a rival club got to discuss the goings on at Hearts FC in such a manner.

If that had been Strachan speaking like that this place would be in meltdown.

i think craig should be quiet:evilno::evilno: due to his employment situation but as a hearts fan he perhapes shares our concerns but not being or having been at ground zero any more does not know what he is talking about :mad::mad:

Exactly, well said Cosa.

The guy (in my eyes) is a Hearts legend, and a true Jambo, he obviously had the foresight to see what Vlad was going to be like to work with and thought better of it, in hindsight I think he made the right choice.

i am torn john you know better than most the level of my concern but the situation has changed due to the credit crunch think craig should have kept his peace due to manageing another club but respect that he has a right to a opinion

Levein may be a moaning faced **** sometimes however he has turned around a perennial bottom 6 club and made them into a top 3 or 4 club with some half decent signings.

Not taking sides here but how do you know this?

I don't know for a fact but I certainly suspect that's what has happened. Bednar, Skacel etc were all Kaunas players who were loaned to Hearts and sold on.

The problem is that we are not given enough, in fact any, information about important matters. It's a disgraceful way to treat your customer base....COMMUNICATE YOUR PLANS ROMANOV and you will soon attract the boycotters back.

He had already committed himself to joining Leicester but I don't think he should be commenting on HMFC now that he has committed himself to Dundee United.

It's not normally considered to be right for managers to comment on the internal affairs of other clubs, but in this case I do think that Levein's motivation is that he cares about this club.

Are we too complacent on here? For the second time this season players were paid late, and there's a bit of a global economic meltdown going on that might just affect us. But most of our threads are about comparatively trivial matters by comparison.

Are we fiddling while Rome burns?

I would suggest the moderators remove this comment, as without proof it could potentially lead to legal action.

I dont think there's any doubt that thats the case. You just have to look on here to see that.

If his primary role in life was being a Hearts fan then I'd have no problem. However his primary role in life is being the manager of Dundee Utd, a rival club, and he shouldnt be saying anything about Hearts internal goings on whilst he is in that primary role.

Rubbish - the fact he is manager of Dundee Utd and is still prepared to come out and make his affinity with Hearts obvious just shows his depth of feeling for the club.

Anybody else and I'd be agreeing with you but Levien is a Hearts man, regardless of what job he is doing now. His professional dedication will be to Utd but he is a Hearts man through and through.

I know for a fact he still refers to Hearts as "us" and "we" when he talks about the club.

I don't know for a fact but I certainly suspect that's what has happened. Bednar, Skacel etc were all Kaunas players who were loaned to Hearts and sold on.

The problem is that we are not given enough, in fact any, information about important matters. It's a disgraceful way to treat your customer base....COMMUNICATE YOUR PLANS ROMANOV and you will soon attract the boycotters back.

both bednar and skacel were hearts players and fees were due to us

as were gordon and ph , valichka was not and his fee went to kaunas

ToadKiller Dog

CL has as much right to be as hypocritical of hearts or any other club such as say Hamilton(to be fair his views on hamilton were after his team sneaked a draw) as any other pundit ,i imagine he is paid for his views as a pundit on radio scotland.

Of course he still has a strong tie to hearts .

Where are Save our Hearts now?

Large squad in the Tynecastle Arms yesterday - you should have dropped in, said "hello".

Loving this thread; Judas Levein leaves us in the lurch before a huge euro tie (no it was not a sore tummy this time), for the Leicester job, when in fact it was probably coz he had the horn.

Then I hear him on radio Scotland more or less blaming the SOH crew for "threatening behaviour towards the Robinson family", anyone who believes that must think Prancer understands life/football. Anyway on you go i for one find it amusing that Levein has got the pro Muddyfield group behind him and will be loving it saying that "Hearts are the third best team squad wise" and most of you anti romanov numpties (with no alternative) all falling for it-hilarious.

We are in a far worse position financially now than under Robinson. When he had to sell players the money went towards clearing the debt. Under Romanov, the profits made on players sold have been siphoned back to Kaunas....not for the benefit of HMFC. In January, we will be forced to sell players just to pay the wages.

I don't know for a fact

That just about sums you and your sort out.

So full of sheeite its unbelievable.

GTF.

Loving this thread; Judas Levein leaves us in the lurch before a huge euro tie (no it was not a sore tummy this time), for the Leicester job, when in fact it was probably coz he had the horn.

Then I hear him on radio Scotland more or less blaming the SOH crew for "threatening behaviour towards the Robinson family", anyone who believes that must think Prancer understands life/football. Anyway on you go i for one find it amusing that Levein has got the pro Muddyfield group behind him and will be loving it saying that "Hearts are the third best team squad wise" and most of you anti romanov numpties (with no alternative) all falling for it-hilarious.

:Funny-Post:

Large squad in the Tynecastle Arms yesterday - you should have dropped in, said "hello".

That does you or SOH no credit. I was ambivalent toward you but now Im not.

CL can GTF, a once well respected Jambo who was always welcome, is now opening his gob about the club he professes to still love, utter nonsense CL is interested in only one thing thats CL. He dumped us on the eve of a major European game to run down south with his tail (Maybe something else as well) between his legs because he was nailing a bit on the side. He knew the proverbial was about to hit the fan with his missus etc and did a runner pure and simple, Leicester was his escape.

He is now manager of who I would see as our main rivals/contenders for 3rd place, he has and will continue to use his time at Hearts to have a pop at us and try to unsettle both the team and fans because it will benefit him and Dundee Utd. He being a manager of a club in the same league has no right talking about Hearts, just the same as you don't hear any other managers talking about other teams unless it is purely from a footballing perspective. Any manager that is ever asked about another team that is non footballing will always respectfully reply with "Thats somethng you would have to ask their manager/Owner" or something along those lines.

For anyone to suggest CL walked away because of Romanov is either completely delluded or so anti romanov they fail to see anything else. Romanov was barely even in the door quite literally, there is no way on this earth could CL have envisaged anything that would have gone on with VR. Correct me if im wrong VR didnt even have the full amount of shares at this point.

To be honest CL went down in my estimations of him when he run away at the time because he left us in the brown stuff, all this talk now is only making him sink even lower now. Which is a real shame as he WAS a great servant to Hearts at one point

That's because he's also hard nosed and professional, as I said:

"Hello, it's the Leicester Chairman here. Craig, you've got the job, and you can take over immediately".

"Ach naw, I've got a game first! Can you wait a couple of days?"

"Wait? Wait? This is a full-time job sonny, and we need someone who's fully committed".

"Oh well. OK then".

we want someone who is totally committed your a fandango

I personally have always liked Craig Levein and have no doubt that he still regards Hearts as being his club. However, he should have thought long and hard about making any sort of statement of this sort. It was ill judged and does him no credit what so ever.

we want someone who is totally committed your a fandango

Thanks for such a mature, thought-provoking response.

Levein told someone I know that he would never work for the Romanovs.

I don't think he likes them very much.

One good reason to keep Romanov imo. :D

Drylaw Hearts

Just wait to you get one of his special PM's.

A real treat.

Anybody else and I'd be agreeing with you but Levien is a Hearts man, regardless of what job he is doing now. His professional dedication will be to Utd but he is a Hearts man through and through.

I know for a fact he still refers to Hearts as "us" and "we" when he talks about the club.

He is that Hearts through and through that he said it was a pain to be linked with us in the summer.

It sounded a bit like Levein has some personal issues with those who protested against Chris Robinson.

It certainly seems that way given the responses of some of the protestors on here...

That does you or SOH no credit. I was ambivalent toward you but now Im not.

Eh? someone asked a question, I attempted to answer it. As for your ambivalence, how will I ever get over that?

I don't even know who you are! Think some people take themselves a wee bit too seriously at times.

Colonel Kurtz
Eh? someone asked a question, I attempted to answer it. As for your ambivalence, how will I ever get over that?

I don't even know who you are! Think some people take themselves a wee bit too seriously at times.

now thats rich

so if you wanted someone who is totally committed to a club ... would you not feel a bit uneasy the the manager you are wanting would leave a club so easy when there was such a important game ahead

It sounded a bit like Levein has some personal issues with those who protested against Chris Robinson.

Charlie, he was and always will be CPRs man. We deliberately kept the playing staff out of the protests during the SOH days but CL waded into the debate coming down (no surprise) on the Murrayfield side of the argument. He also stated that we should not protest inside the stadium - aye, right! Now, he seems to be saying we should go back into protest mode?

He should make up his mind but personally I find his views to be irrelevant. We should make sure that him and his team get a red hot reception on 20th December.

Glamorgan Jambo

I've seen loads of comments saying CL's selfish, he's no right to say this or that, or he did a runner before a big game (he did) or even allude to him not having the bottle for Dens in '86 but it all misses the point... and actually the content of his comments.

He said that Vlad doesn't have a serious thought out plan for the club. I have to agree with him on that.

Drylaw Hearts

We should make sure that him and his team get a red hot reception on 20th December.

I like Craig Levein - always have and probably always will.

As for the above..........

Spot on.

We are due them a doing.

Archived