CRAIG LEVEIN ON RADIO SCOTLAND

Guest jambomickey

Guest jambomickey

craig levein asking where are the guys who were up at chris robinsons house threatning him and his family, he also was saying that csaba is doing a great job and hearts have finally found a manager who can work with romanov, he was alsosaying that when robinson was selling the ground he had a plan but now romanov doesn't have a plan! think all in all it's obvious levein doesn't trust or have any faith in romanov.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What right has the manager of a rival club got to discuss the goings on at Hearts FC in such a manner.

If that had been Strachan speaking like that this place would be in meltdown.

Levein makes some excellent points.

Obviously as perturbed about the intransigence as some others

I'd also add - where were the calls to "fill the stadium" to prevent the sale of Tynecastle 5 years ago

Alot of double standards going on here.

What right has the manager of a rival club got to discuss the goings on at Hearts FC in such a manner.

If that had been Strachan speaking like that this place would be in meltdown.

I'm happy for Craig, JOhn Robertson, John McGlynn, Frail - anyone whos been a gaffer here to voice concerns they have.

Sy

I'm happy for Craig, JOhn Robertson, John McGlynn, Frail - anyone whos been a gaffer here to voice concerns they have.

Sy

Levein didn't work under Romanov. He's also a manager of one of our direct opponents. Poor form from him to comment in my opinion.

Levein didn't work under Romanov. He's also a manager of one of our direct opponents. Poor form from him to comment in my opinion.

You mean he is saying stuff you dont want to hear because it makes sense?

/QUOTE]

Has he not just said in the last week or so that he left Hearts in part due to fans protesting ?

Now he is condoning the fans who went round to CPR's house.

craig levein asking where are the guys who were up at chris robinsons house threatning him and his family, he also was saying that csaba is doing a great job and hearts have finally found a manager who can work with romanov, he was alsosaying that when robinson was selling the ground he had a plan but now romanov doesn't have a plan! think all in all it's obvious levein doesn't trust or have any faith in romanov.

Three things I read from Leveins comments.....

1. He is dismayed at the communication from Hearts.

2. Rates Csaba highly and has been impressed with the job he has done

3. Still as strong affections for the club

/QUOTE]

Has he not just said in the last week or so that he left Hearts in part due to fans protesting ?

Now he is condoning the fans who went round to CPR's house.

He's questioning why we've lost our spine

He's hardly saying anything anyone doesn't know so no. I mean I don't feel it's professional of him to comment.

Guest jambomickey
Three things I read from Leveins comments.....

1. He is dismayed at the communication from Hearts.

2. Rates Csaba highly and has been impressed with the job he has done

3. Still as strong affections for the club

did you hear the interview ga?

We comment on it, why should another Hearts fan not? Especially when the press and everyone else does on a daily basis.

He's questioning why we've lost our spine

No. I think you've misinterpreted it completely. I don't think he was praising those who threatened Robinson and his family.

He walked as soon as Romanov came in the door, not having the bottle to even stay and test the water for himself. He has no right to be publicly commenting on Hearts situation. He's the manager of a rival club, probably our closest rivals this season.

We comment on it, why should another Hearts fan not? Especially when the press and everyone else does on a dailly basis.

Because he's the manager of one of our rivals. Also because he's involved in the game and is not a member of the press gang or a fan.

winston churchill

the piemans plan.

he ****ed things up so his way out was to sell our ground.

Guest jambomickey
the piemans plan.

spot on! we are where we are today because of robinsons mismanagement

He walked as soon as Romanov came in the door, not having the bottle to even stay and test the water for himself. He has no right to be publicly commenting on Hearts situation. He's the manager of a rival club, probably our closest rivals this season.

There was also stuff going on in his private life that may have affected his decision.

With all the manager coming and goings - and for the large part circus goings on, Levein's decision has proved in the long run to be the correct decision for himself - and at the end of the day in the fickle world of football, thats what people have to look out for.

Because he's the manager of one of our rivals. Also because he's involved in the game and is not a member of the press gang or a fan.

Whether he's a manager of another club or not he's still a hearts fan and obviously cares about the club and the situation we're now in. Don't have any problem with him saying anything personally.

Sorry have we all been transported back to some sort of eastern european dictatorship??

Democracy is still en vogue in my house, dont know about you?

Tynecastle came under threat we turned into a bunch of militants

Our entire financial wellbeing appears shakey and the best we hear is "oooh lets fill the stadium"

Seems as if he just pointing out the fact that things are now worse but the response to this is non-existant.

he's positive about hearts and csaba but negative about romanov imo

Think thats it all summed up rather well.

Guest jambomickey
There was also stuff going on in his private life that may have affected his decision.

With all the manager coming and goings - and for the large part circus goings on, Levein's decision has proved in the long run to be the correct decision for himself - and at the end of the day in the fickle world of football, thats what people have to look out for.

he would have been told by robinson to get out because of romanovs way ga

Sorry have we all been transported back to some sort of eastern european dictatorship??

Our entire financial wellbeing appears shakey and the best we here is "oooh lets fill the stadium"

Seems as if he just pointing out the fact that things are now worse but the response to this is non-existant.

Would it have been okay for Gordon Strachan, Walter Smith, Mixu Paatelienen or Jimmy Calderwood to say exactly the same things then ?

he would have been told by robinson to get out because of romanovs way ga

Im not so sure about that. Robinson never knew Vlad from Adam.

I remember Levein having a big meeting with Vlad when he came to town - Levein had apparently already made his decision on where his future lay.

Levein was very good for Hearts at the time - and when he took over we were perfect for him. Most fans realised that costs were being cut and Levein was able to get a team on the park that were very very well built on a solid unit as well as a soid game plan.

Would it have been okay for Gordon Strachan, Walter Smith, Mixu Paatelienen or Jimmy Calderwood to say exactly the same things then ?

Given none of them are hearts fans or have any connection with the club they're not exactly in the same category as Levein are they?

the piemans plan.

And Romanov's plan? "Sit back, relax, and help yourselves to these nice cream buns, comrades..." :help:

People can say what they want. They probably wouldnt have chosen to because they dont really care.

Poor wee Jambos. Ex manager speaks the truth shocker

Shame on Levein not committing the rest of his life to a football club

Given none of them are hearts fans or have any connection with the club they're not exactly in the same category as Levein are they?

They are all managers of rival clubs, just as Levein primarily is.

1. Levein said precisely nothing publicly about the Hearts situation when he was actually the manager

2. He had such love for the club and their best interests at heart that he walked for the first club that lifted their skirt for him on the eve of a vital European tie.

3. If he wants to be a Hearts fan with a valid right to comment on Hearts internal ongoings he should resign his post as manager of a rival club and buy a season ticket.

They are all managers of rival clubs, just as Levein primarily is.

1. Levein said precisely nothing publicly about the Hearts situation when he was actually the manager

2. He had such love for the club and their best interests at Hearts when he walked for the first club that looked sideways at him on the eve of a vital European tie.

3. If he wants to be a Hearts fan with a valid right to comment on Hearts internal ongoings he should resign his post as manager of a rival club and buy a season ticket.

...and then ask your permission first if it is OK to speak.

Should he put his hand up or ask for written permission?

Guest jambomickey
Im not so sure about that. Robinson never knew Vlad from Adam.

I remember Levein having a big meeting with Vlad when he came to town - Levein had apparently already made his decision on where his future lay.

Levein was very good for Hearts at the time - and when he took over we were perfect for him. Most fans realised that costs were being cut and Levein was able to get a team on the park that were very very well built on a solid unit as well as a soid game plan.

ga he would obviously know his plans like eddie thomson and john yorkston did when he spoke to dundee utd and dunfermline, there decision to knock him back has been wise in hindsight for them imo

Yes - because after all, no-one working within Scottish football said a thing about Gretna's situation last season, did they? :mw_rolleyes:

Who cares what the Harry Potter faced traitor says. :evilno:

totally agree, what right does this prat have to say anything about hearts, we know his real reasons for leaving the club and it wasnt cos vlad came in, time for him to shut up and concentrate on his own eam.

I didn't hear Leveins interview but I agree with the sentiments of your posts. It's bad form for someone involved with a club within the same league to comment on the internal politics of another club.

Yes - because after all, no-one working within Scottish football said a thing about Gretna's situation last season, did they? :mw_rolleyes:

They werent right to be commenting either Shaun

They werent right to be commenting either Shaun

Maybe Levein's worried that things will get an awful lot worse, and we're just sleepwalking towards it. As a Hearts fan, if the current state of affairs didn't concern him, nothing would.

Not sure why Levein is getting a hard time for his comments.

He spoke really positively about Csaba and gave him huge credit for turning the team around and building team spirit. He also something like "There is no doubt in my mind that Hearts should be the 3rd force in Scotland". Quite a statement when you consider he is the current manager of a team with similar aspirations.

He was right in the thick of it during the ' Robinson Out' campaign and he's entitled to his opinion when he points to all the people who were so enthusistic about getting Romanov in.

Was Levein Asked his opinion or did he volunteer it? I mean if he was asked I'd expect him as a Hearts fan to answer, can't not really but if he wasn't asked directly it would probably be better if he didn't bring it up.

Maybe Levein's worried that things will get an awful lot worse, and we're just sleepwalking towards it.

I dont think there's any doubt that thats the case. You just have to look on here to see that.

If his primary role in life was being a Hearts fan then I'd have no problem. However his primary role in life is being the manager of Dundee Utd, a rival club, and he shouldnt be saying anything about Hearts internal goings on whilst he is in that primary role.

He was right in the thick of it during the ' Robinson Out' campaign and he's entitled to his opinion when he points to all the people who were so enthusistic about getting Romanov in.

He was right in the thick of it. !!!

The man never EVER publicly commented about Hearts internal situation when he was the manager and left on the first stagecoach when the going got tough.!! He now cites "fans protest" as one of the reasons he left !!!!

I dont think there's any doubt that thats the case. You just have to look on here to see that.

If his primary role in life was being a Hearts fan then I'd have no problem. However his primary role in life is being the manager of Dundee Utd, a rival club, and he shouldnt be saying anything about Hearts internal goings on whilst he is in that primary role.

Do you think it's possible talking about it in the media will help publicise our plight? Or just hinder it and do more damage? Genuine question - there's an argument for both TBH.

Not sure why Levein is getting a hard time for his comments.

When he was manager he said it was wrong for fans to boycott Tynecastle.

Has he changed his mind?

Legendary former players opinions are always welcome IMO.

He's an intelligent guy and his views are valid.

To be quite honest i'm not exactly delighted with whats going on at the club myself.

A thought here though.isn't it right up Craig leveins street and the rest of scottish football for the Hearts fans and club to be at each others throats?.Or maybe i'm wrong.

As far as Levein's point about the fans not making a stand against Romanov considering some of our fans actions towards Robinson, Romanov doesnt stay in Edinburgh and doesnt attend games - so what are the fans meant to do?? Robinson was here and could be targeted, Romanov is not.

Our entire financial wellbeing appears shakey and the best we hear is "oooh lets fill the stadium"

Our entire financial well being was in doubt then as well and at that time there were plenty of arguments about the best response. A lot of people felt that filling the ground was the best thing to do, with protests held away from the stadium as it affected the team's performances. Things then were much like they are now, in that there was a wide range of views amongst the fans as the best way to go (including those who agreed with Robinson).

The question remains, what use would protests do at this time? It is clear they had an impact towards the end of Robinson's ownership.

Of course in much the same way Levein can say what he wants, don't let anyone stop you going and protesting outside Romanov's house if that is waht you think best.

Archived