Levein interview

lambojambo

He was not the only hearts player that was ill that day iirc. Others tho got out of bed and got on with it. A number of players are still upset by his actions that day.

Tantrums? why because he left at the worst possible time for Hearts? He is an arse imo for leaving at the time he did.

And if a clearly off the pace CL had played and had a howler causing a couple of first half goals people would be saying 'What a selfish player - if he knew he wasnt fully fit he should have stepped aside and let a fully fit player take his place' CL did the right thing he felt he was going to be less than 100% put his hand up and admitted it. Hearts had a very experienced and capable back up centre half.

So what is it you are accusing CL of doing - not playing when he could of? How you or any of the players you mention could know how fit CL was to play is beyond me as the only person in that situation who knows is the player. Not wanting Hearts to win?? And why did he do it?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest S.U.S.S.
Good grief. If you've ever been part of a group, e.g. family or a school class, that all caught the same bug you'll know that they go down at different times, some are recovering whilst others are clutching their stomachs.

Imagine you're part of a non-OF team on the brink of winning the league. You're not going to miss out on that occasion unless there's something seriously wrong.

And wouldn't the club doctor have a view about who's recovered, who's still infectious, who should travel etc.

Kickback often feels like a parallel universe but this fantasy of yours is just amazing. It's almost as if you believe what you write. Quite astonishing.

Fantasy?

Its a facts, he and others were 'ill' others played he did not, he also ****ed off to L leaving us at a very poor time.

Still if you cant handle the truth perhaps a little lie down will help.

Guest S.U.S.S.
And if a clearly off the pace CL had played and had a howler causing a couple of first half goals people would be saying 'What a selfish player - if he knew he wasnt fully fit he should have stepped aside and let a fully fit player take his place' CL did the right thing he felt he was going to be less than 100% put his hand up and admitted it. Hearts had a very experienced and capable back up centre half.

So what is it you are accusing CL of doing - not playing when he could of? How you or any of the players you mention could know how fit CL was to play is beyond me as the only person in that situation who knows is the player. Not wanting Hearts to win?? And why did he do it?

I agree, people would haev slated him if he played ans screwed up. he was damned if he did and if he didnt.

Where did i accuse him of anything?

Im sure the players speak so im sure they know kbetter than any of us.

Try and stick to what i say and not what you imagine you see.

If you re-read your earlier posts it is quite clear that you are accusing him of not playing when he was well enough to play.

What's curious is so many seem to have the same views on everything. Most of those who slag off Levein also slagged off Pressley, and have consistently been among the most pro-Romanov posters; and some (though certainly not all) seem to have pretty dispiriting views on Rangers. It's very strange.

Interesting. There is obviously quite a high number of exceptions to the concurrence of each of these views, but I have to say that's almost exactly the way I "read" this messageboard.

Interesting. There is obviously quite a high number of exceptions to the concurrence of each of these views, but I have to say that's almost exactly the way I "read" this messageboard.

The common denominator seems to be 'loyalty' - in, er, many different aspects!

Guest Fabuloso
And so it came to pass.......Hearts fans now have a go at their ex-players after claims of desertion! Quite incredible. This is lowest common denominator stuff once again from fools with keyboards.

I have noticed however that most of the anti-Levein brigade are also the pro Romanov brigade. How weird is that?!

Hey Leginten, I spotted it first - where's my credit? Lawson was next to pick it up.

Hey Leginten, I spotted it first - where's my credit? Lawson was next to pick it up.

You've won 2nd prize - a free Craig Levein coffee mug. Contact lambojambo for details.

Had you identified all of the common factors, lambo would have donated a pair of his used CL boxers.

Guest Fabuloso
You've won top prize - a free Craig Levein coffee mug. Contact lambojambo for details.

I'm sorry to have to report these were all smashed by the 'real' jambos when Levein did the dirty and looked to further his career.

You've won 2nd prize - a free Craig Levein coffee mug. Contact lambojambo for details.

Had you identified all of the common factors, lambo would have donated a pair of his used CL boxers.

Sorry - ran out of CL mugs and boxers some time ago.

I can however put up a copy of "I AM LEGEND" Leveins new autobiography though! ;)

I can however put up a copy of "I AM LEGEND" Leveins new autobiography though! ;)

:)

Guest S.U.S.S.
If you re-read your earlier posts it is quite clear that you are accusing him of not playing when he was well enough to play.

Crap

Nucky Thompson
I'm sorry to have to report these were all smashed by the 'real' jambos when Levein did the dirty and looked to further his career.
You're just on here to noise people up aren't you:107years:

Nucky Thompson
Voice of reason Boo.
Your posting style and 'banter' are the exact same as that hobo that raked up thousands of posts on here before getting emptied:) Maybe you are brothers;)

Guest S.U.S.S.
Your posting style and 'banter' are the exact same as that hobo that raked up thousands of posts on here before getting emptied:) Maybe you are brothers;)

A Mr S Lawson?

Sorry big guy, couldnt resist! :)

A Mr S Lawson?

Sorry big guy, couldnt resist! :)

:biggrin:

But on the contrary, I suffered a temporary technical glitch, so emptied myself! :) Besides, I'm still laughing at what Boo wrote: if he isn't on here to noise people up at times, I don't know who is! (Meant in the nicest possible way, Boo - it's just banter mate).

winston churchill

he was spotted as a fifth columnist from day one.

he was spotted as a fifth columnist from day one.

Who are we talking about here? Balboa?

Nucky Thompson
:biggrin:

But on the contrary, I suffered a temporary technical glitch, so emptied myself! :) Besides, I'm still laughing at what Boo wrote: if he isn't on here to noise people up at times, I don't know who is! (Meant in the nicest possible way, Boo - it's just banter mate).

Ah but there's a difference, my views might noise some people up but he is on here with the sole intent to wind up:) I think that's what I meant to say:brows:

winston churchill
Who are we talking about here? Balboa?

bawblower posts as ruby hibs over the road.it's not him.

fabby dabby is a hobo at the wind up tho.

i think i know he is and he has been emptied from here before;).

his name has been mentioned to me from another couple of posters.

Oh I see. What he should've done instead was stay at Hearts forever, and wait to get sacked (at which point others on here would've probably slagged him off anyway), and not give his career a second thought! Do you just disregard your career too, out of interest?

A man gave great service to one club, then left it for another with more potential (because it plays in England). Big ****ing deal.

I think what you have to understand is that to some (not very bright) people on this board, the second you leave Hearts you are a traitor and open to criticism.

I don't want anyone at Hearts who wants to spend their whole career there whether it is as a manager or a player. I want people who aspire to the very top of the game and we get the best out of them while they are on our books. We should want people who hav ambition and want to better themselves

You said:

I replied:

Then you replied very eloquently......

Crap

And this is what you wrote earlier.

"a tummy bug" Was he 7?

Awww wittle baby has a bad tummy.

:)

No, there?s no suggestion here that Levein was well enough to play.

He was not the only hearts player that was ill that day iirc. Others tho got out of bed and got on with it. A number of players are still upset by his actions that day.

Once again, you couldn?t possibly read that and think that you meant to suggest that Levein was well enough to play.

Its a facts, he and others were 'ill' others played he did not,

And again, no suggestion that Levein should have played

How anyone could read your posts and think you meant that Levein should have played is quite beyond me.

Guest S.U.S.S.
You said:

I replied:

Then you replied very eloquently......

And this is what you wrote earlier.

No, there?s no suggestion here that Levein was well enough to play.

Once again, you couldn?t possibly read that and think that you meant to suggest that Levein was well enough to play.

And again, no suggestion that Levein should have played

How anyone could read your posts and think you meant that Levein should have played is quite beyond me.

again, show me where i say he WAS well enough to play or be man enough to admit your wrong.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

You seem to have an unhealthy hatred and you have done for a number of years now.

I remember you coming on every Saturday greeting about Leveins tactics or how boring we were. You still go on about the guy to this day!

What did he do to you?!

again, show me where i say he WAS well enough to play or be man enough to admit your wrong.

Man or no (that's my secret), I often admit to being wrong.

I'll do it here too. If I am wrong.

All you have to do is post something to the effect that

- you agree that Levein was not fit to play that day

- he was right not to play

- anyone who, 22 years on, has a problem with Levein not playing, must be a fool

Then I'll admit I am wrong.

What about you? Are you "man enough" (if you are a man) to post what you actually think in terms that nobody could possibly misinterpret?

Go on, surprise us.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Man or no (that's my secret), I often admit to being wrong.

I'll do it here too. If I am wrong.

All you have to do is post something to the effect that

- you agree that Levein was not fit to play that day

- he was right not to play

- anyone who, 22 years on, has a problem with Levein not playing, must be a fool

Then I'll admit I am wrong.

What about you? Are you "man enough" (if you are a man) to post what you actually think in terms that nobody could possibly misinterpret?

Go on, surprise us.

Are you a short guy by any chance?

I think, after speaking to some former players that he was not as ill as perhaps he thought and could have played. (i say this as this is what they feel, and i have no reason to doubt them, at the very least they feel let down by him)

As im not a doctor, nor having examined him on the day i cant say for sure either way.

And regardless of whether you admit it or not, your wrong Not once did i state a fact that he was well enough, you read into what i posted and decided for yourself, perhaps accepting things on face value is a skill you need to develop.

The mere fact my initial post about the baby was a joke seems rather lost on you.

And as its late, good night and god bless.:)

Are you a short guy by any chance?

I think, after speaking to some former players that he was not as ill as perhaps he thought and could have played. (i say this as this is what they feel, and i have no reason to doubt them, at the very least they feel let down by him)

As im not a doctor, nor having examined him on the day i cant say for sure either way.

And regardless of whether you admit it or not, your wrong Not once did i state a fact that he was well enough, you read into what i posted and decided for yourself, perhaps accepting things on face value is a skill you need to develop.

The mere fact my initial post about the baby was a joke seems rather lost on you.

And as its late, good night and god bless.:)

Your preoccupation with my size and my need to apologise to you would be a bit worrying were they not also jokes.

If you were alone in a room with CL, I'd be interested to eaves-drop on your conversation about May 1986. Are you a big guy by any chance? You'd need to be.

That's all from me. Love and peace.

You seem to have an unhealthy hatred and you have done for a number of years now.

I remember you coming on every Saturday greeting about Leveins tactics or how boring we were. You still go on about the guy to this day!

What did he do to you?!

CL was a hero of mine when he played however, IOM he developed into a real arrogant sod.

I found his tactics boring - don't think I was the only Hearts fan who thought that.

With regards about "still going on about the guy" I thought the comments made by an ex Hearts Manager about Hearts fans was relevant on a Hearts fans web site - NO?

I think what you have to understand is that to some (not very bright) people on this board, the second you leave Hearts you are a traitor and open to criticism.

I don't want anyone at Hearts who wants to spend their whole career there whether it is as a manager or a player. I want people who aspire to the very top of the game and we get the best out of them while they are on our books. We should want people who hav ambition and want to better themselves

Rather than accuse others for not being "bright" I suggest you look in the mirror Mate!

Nowhere have I ever said that anybody leaving Hearts was a traitor. Guys like Arthur Mann, John Colquohoun, Alan McLaren, Craig Gordon, etc, are all still heroes of mine and they left Hearts.

The difference is that they left to better themselves and did not slag off Hearts in the process.

Read Leveins direct words in my OP. He admits he did not go to LCFC to better himself - he took the first job that came up because he just wanted out of Hearts.

And as for slagging the Club off, I thought his "Hearts are only a provincial club" comment at his first LCFC press conference was uncalled for!

Guest S.U.S.S.
Your preoccupation with my size and my need to apologise to you would be a bit worrying were they not also jokes.

If you were alone in a room with CL, I'd be interested to eaves-drop on your conversation about May 1986. Are you a big guy by any chance? You'd need to be.

Why would i need to be a big guy? If CL was very ill he would not be upset and feel the need to defend himself through a violent act, only someone with something to hide would be so defensive.

Why would i need to ......

As my last post said, that's all from me. This thread has been silly for some time and I'll now do my bit not to prolong it. No doubt there will be other threads.

Guest S.U.S.S.
As my last post said, that's all from me. This thread has been silly for some time and I'll now do my bit not to prolong it. No doubt there will be other threads.

So, in your last post you said thats all, and yet you post again to say this time that all.

You been on the funny fags young man?:)

Rather than accuse others for not being "bright" I suggest you look in the mirror Mate!

Nowhere have I ever said that anybody leaving Hearts was a traitor. Guys like Arthur Mann, John Colquohoun, Alan McLaren, Craig Gordon, etc, are all still heroes of mine and they left Hearts.

The difference is that they left to better themselves and did not slag off Hearts in the process.

Read Leveins direct words in my OP. He admits he did not go to LCFC to better himself - he took the first job that came up because he just wanted out of Hearts.

And as for slagging the Club off, I thought his "Hearts are only a provincial club" comment at his first LCFC press conference was uncalled for!

I've never heard Craig Levein slag off Hearts.

Don't be surprised if you hear Craig Levein's name linked to the North East of England sometime soon. ;)

No chance!

Don't be surprised if you hear Craig Levein's name linked to the North East of England sometime soon. ;)

North Shields fc or Whitley Bay fc?

ask alex ...ask sandy ...any time levein was asked as a player or a manager he would alwys hit out,

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Craig Levein may have not been born a Jambo but he is now one through and through. The emotion in his voice the night of his Induction into the Hall of Fame said it all.

We will just have to accept that his connection now with Hearts is for us, historic and for him, emotional.

He is still for me the finest Hearts player of my lifetime.

Archived