BERRA BEING TARGETED FOR TRANSFER SWOOP (merged threads)

slfjambo

We held out and got 9mill for Gordon when many said sell at 5mill, we got that mainly because of Gordons international experience though.

Rangers get 9million for Hutton who IMO is not valued at 6million above Berra. Berra would be in the Scotland squad now if it wasnt for Herman Munster and lickma-anus playing for the mhanks and so being automatic choices for the national team due to playing for one of the bigot sisters.

I would think given Berra is club captain, his age and the fact he is breaking into the Scotland set up now a 5million asking price is NOT ott.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drylaw Hearts
We held out and got 9mill for Gordon when many said sell at 5mill, we got that mainly because of Gordons international experience though.

Rangers get 9million for Hutton who IMO is not valued at 6million above Berra. Berra would be in the Scotland squad now if it wasnt for Herman Munster and lickma-anus playing for the mhanks and so being automatic choices for the national team due to playing for one of the bigot sisters.

I would think given Berra is club captain, his age and the fact he is breaking into the Scotland set up now a 5million asking price is NOT ott.

Another reason we got so much for Gordon was the massive wage he was on.

Realistically you can't ask for ?9million for a player on ?5k per week.

Another reason we got so much for Gordon was the massive wage he was on.

Realistically you can't ask for ?9million for a player on ?5k per week.

Why not?

When a player signs a new 4 year contract that may be the amount he agrees to at the time, a couple of years later just because the player improves vastly does not mean that the club HAVE to increasr his wage from the agreed contract, and it does not mean his value is greatly reduced either.

Was hutton on over ?5k a week at rangers?

I will be happy so long as he doesn't go to Rangers - I don't think he will anyway.

Its sad that Scottish clubs just can't hang on to young players. If Berra is worth 5m (the price is decided by how much clubs are willing to pay, not by Hearts) Hearts just don't have the clout to hang to him.

Fair play to Berra, he is a cracking defender with a mature head for his age. Shabba appears to really be getting the best out of him just now...

Drylaw Hearts
Why not?

When a player signs a new 4 year contract that may be the amount he agrees to at the time, a couple of years later just because the player improves vastly does not mean that the club HAVE to increasr his wage from the agreed contract, and it does not mean his value is greatly reduced either.

Was hutton on over ?5k a week at rangers?

I would have to think he was.

I would have to think he was.

I dont think he would have been but if he was it wouldnt have been much more, the season he was sold he only played well for the start of that season the year before he was rank rotten most the bigots wanted him out, and before then he was in and out of the team just starting to make his breakthrough. Whatever he was on it was certainly no-where what CG was on. So using your hypothesis we were done only getting 9million for CG. Or the other way to look at it is it diesnt matter how much really that the player is earning in wages at the time of sale as that was what was agreed between him and the club when he signed for them at the time. Clubs will pay what they value a player at, just the same clubs have a selling price in which they will allow a player to leave, I think VR will be looking at 5mill for Berra or 3mill plus addons at a later date like CG's deal of 7mill plus addons.

Drylaw Hearts
I dont think he would have been but if he was it wouldnt have been much more, the season he was sold he only played well for the start of that season the year before he was rank rotten most the bigots wanted him out, and before then he was in and out of the team just starting to make his breakthrough. Whatever he was on it was certainly no-where what CG was on. So using your hypothesis we were done only getting 9million for CG. Or the other way to look at it is it diesnt matter how much really that the player is earning in wages at the time of sale as that was what was agreed between him and the club when he signed for them at the time. Clubs will pay what they value a player at, just the same clubs have a selling price in which they will allow a player to leave, I think VR will be looking at 5mill for Berra or 3mill plus addons at a later date like CG's deal of 7mill plus addons.

I don't think we were done - Spurs were robbed.

Infact no - Spurs were stupid to pay that when they would have got Hutton for a 3rd of that if they'd tried.

He wasn't their only bad buy though which is why the DOF got sacked.

I don't think we were done - Spurs were robbed.

Infact no - Spurs were stupid to pay that when they would have got Hutton for a 3rd of that if they'd tried.

He wasn't their only bad buy though which is why the DOF got sacked.

Wouldnt argue against that. Hutton was never and will never be worth 9million, which shows the point if someone has the money and wants a player badly enough then they will pay whatever. The more clubs that become interested in Berra the more someone will be willing to pay to secure him, also adding to what VR values him at.

IMHO any club paying 3million or less for Berra are geting him at a steal.

From a Scottish perspective, ?3m is good money.

From an EPL standpoint, ?3m for a young, pacy international defender is an absolute steal. The TV cash these clubs get means that their player budgets are orders of magnitude bigger than SPL clubs - including the OF.

Hold out for at least ?5m Vlad.

You set up a couple of Goals against the Currant Buns and, suddenly you are Bobby Moore!! I personally think he is well overated.

He WILL be sold. We will replace him with a talented youngster, who will then be sold. (Alan McLaren anyone). We will ALWAYS be a selling club but, at least with Mad Vlad at the helm we, or rather HE gets his money's worth and he won't sell direct to them. Players will have to go to Iceland or somewhere first.

He will certainly go on to bigger and better things I just hope that we get what we deserve for him and for me that would be at least 5million. I am not basing my opinion on the back of the rangers game although he was outstanding it is based on his natural abilities and the fact that he has been able to progress even when playing beside the bombscare that is Zal.

I feel at the club just now we have a group of players that could secure the future of the club in terms of potential sell on value providing there is no crazy interference and Berra is our most prized asset.

I've been impressed with Berra over the last couple of months, but never really before that. I personally think he'd benefit in having another season after this one with us, if he matures into the player he 'looked' capable of being on Saturday, then both he and the club will benefit.

You set up a couple of Goals against the Currant Buns and, suddenly you are Bobby Moore!! I personally think he is well overated.

He WILL be sold. We will replace him with a talented youngster, who will then be sold. (Alan McLaren anyone). We will ALWAYS be a selling club but, at least with Mad Vlad at the helm we, or rather HE gets his money's worth and he won't sell direct to them. Players will have to go to Iceland or somewhere first.

take it you've not been to many games this season......................

he has been outstanding in the last 4 or 5, vast improvement year on year,has developed better positional awareness,much braver and communicating alot more this season,that added to his pace has made him exceptional........................

if he keeps on improving year on year he is going to be an excellent defender imo,so in summary its not just about the huns game m8................

Elroyofderovers
take it you've not been to many games this season......................

Every home game

he has been outstanding in the last 4 or 5, vast improvement year on year..........that added to his pace has made him exceptional

Do we go to the same place on a Sat?

much braver and communicating alot more this season

In answer to my question above....CLEARLY.

I have only seen him communicate once in all the home games (I watch out for it as I beleive it is crucial for a captain and the main defender and posted a thread on here last season about that very point) and that was with the bench. I have seen players with heads down, bad attitude and not giving 100% and he hasn't said a word, weel certainly not on the pitch.

In terms of being braver. He is a big sissy. When he has come up against rough and tough strikers he has struggled (Lee Miller, Billy Mehmet, Jim Hamilton etc). That is why he wouldn't cut it in the EPL or CC (they are bigger and stronger).

IMO:rolleyes:

Archived