more wages problems

CJGJ

You are like chronic diarrhoea, a total pain in the feckin ass.

Doesny matter a flying feck if HOG is a Hobo in disguise. It does not hide the fact that - if true - the non payment of wages makes HMFC look like a completely amateur, joke of a football club.

Or am I wrong?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway, who are we playing next week?

Players paid monthly? But being paid on the 1st of December... Merry Christmas etc (if you believe in the concept of Christmas).

Very glad I read the early posts etc..

Be advised that ''Maradona'' has been around on several other threads where guff is required to keep us in our place. We'll be gone by 1500tomorrow..... don't know where we'll be but we'll gone.....

FTOF...

aye i do know. lots of banks have been taken over but changed peoples accounts but not imformed employer. pay gone walkabout

And if this was the case here, dont you think that it might have been described as such rather than as a blip.

No. Youre making excuses when you know feck all.

Base, utter incompetence.

End of story

I agree with what you say Spellczech, I think Ewan has chosen to run the correct version of the story before some other papers get their hands on it later tonight/tomorrow morning and twist it to suit their agenda.

Yep, he's done us a favour really. Especially by releasing it so late in the day...

I'm not remotely worried about this turn of events but I really wish the club would stop handing them ammo like this. It's bad enough in the run up to an OF game, they'll think all their christmases have come at once....

And if this was the case here, dont you think that it might have been described as such rather than as a blip.

No. Youre making excuses when you know feck all.

Base, utter incompetence.

End of story

I just happen to work in wages in the nhs, what do you and your lot know f'wit

portobellojambo1
Doesny matter a flying feck if HOG is a Hobo in disguise. It does not hide the fact that - if true - the non payment of wages makes HMFC look like a completely amateur, joke of a football club.

Or am I wrong?

Lets put it this way, my thoughts at this time are more concentrated on tomorrow's game than the fact the team will get their wages paid on Monday, rather than Friday.

Is it good news, no of course not, do I plan to dwell on it at this time, nope.

If come this time next week they have still not been paid then I may be concerned. I actually agree totally with what Geoff Kilpatrick says earlier in this thread, that such things should be dealt with (i.e. funds getting to bank accounts) by staff based in Edinburgh, with funds based in Edinburgh, but I do not think such a scenario is ever going to come about whilst we are owned from Lithuania.

Many on here got their drawers in a flap the last time it happened, the only people that didn't seem concerned were the players themselves, and I hope that is the case this time as well, we have a game to play, and hopefully win, tomorrow (edit - s h i t I just noticed the time, make that later today), and I hope they are focussed on that.

I just happen towork in wages in the nhs, what do you and your lot know ***wit

What I know is that you are entirely, utterly and spectacularly missing the point. But I wont call you a ***wit because Im somewhat more full of class than you.

And what would "my lot" be, exactly, erse boy

Or am I wrong?

Why would you think that? Oh, hang on.......just read your sig. :rolleyes:

What I know is that you are entirely, utterly and spectacularly missing the point. But I wont call you a ***wit because Im somewhat more full of class than you.

need i describe? ok then:hobofish:

Lets put it this way, my thoughts at this time are more concentrated on tomorrow's game than the fact the team will get their wages paid on Monday, rather than Friday.

Is it good news, no of course not, do I plan to dwell on it at this time, nope.

If come this time next week they have still not been paid then I may be concerned. I actually totally with what Geoff Kilpatrick says earlier in this thread, that such things should be dealt with (i.e. funds getting to bank accounts) by staff based in Edinburgh, with funds based in Edinburgh, but I do not think such a scenario is ever going to come about qhilst we are owned from Lithuania.

Everybody on here got their drawers in a flap the last time it happened, the only people that didn't seem concerned were the players themselves, and I hope that is the case this time as well, we have a game to play, and hopefully win, tomorrow, and I hope they are focussed on that.

OK, lets look at it this way.

Csaba wants to buy someone in January. Player says - "ive heard some dodgy ***** about them, whats the score?" Agent says "Its all p!sh, theyve only not paid wages on time twice in six months". Player "Eh, hows that offer from Scunthorpe looking???"

Sheesh

?:hobofish:? on to back up ol HoG with double wind-up duty? Mods?

need i describe? ok then:hobofish:

Oh of course, that old standby. im obviously a Hobo.

Eh, before you get onto your ridiculous high horse, until this season, Ive been going to Tynecastle every year since 1986. But i refuse to buy a season ticket while Vlad is in charge. I do not see how anyone can see that the grand old club that is Hearts is still Hearts whilst he is still there.

Eh, before you get onto your ridiculous high horse, until this season, Ive been going to Tynecastle every year since 1986. But i refuse to buy a season ticket while Vlad is in charge. I do not see how anyone can see that the grand old club that is Hearts is still Hearts whilst he is still there.

only since 1986? was that the game in dundee?:107years:

Well, to be fair, that's certainly convinced me.

You are an erse. Mr Romanov has been in charge from 2005 yet you have declared that you have had a season ticket up until this season or have been attending until this season on a fairly regular basis.. so what is so different this season? Did you have a season ticket in 2005/6? Why is this season so different?

Go away and rethink your life....

Heart of Midlothian will always be Heart of Midlothian...(not 'HEARTS')..

You're trying much too hard.

Subtlety is the key, you could do with working on that.

But 8/10 for effort. :)

Oh my god. It's just 11 hours till we play Rangers and everyone is going into overdrive. Is this 100% true or are the media getting a wee bit worried because we are on a four game unbeaten run and might just might get a result against one of the two unbeatable teams in the GPL. I dont care if this was broken by that idiot from the worst Radio Station in Scotland but if he is a Jambo I am gay. And I am sure my wife and son will have something to say about that

Come on Hearts get it right up these Weegie barstewards.

Oh my god. It's just 11 hours till we play Rangers and everyone is going into overdrive. Is this 100% true or are the media getting a wee bit worried because we are on a four game unbeaten run and might just might get a result against one of the two unbeatable teams in the GPL. I dont care if this was broken by that idiot from the worst Radio Station in Scotland but if he is a Jambo I am gay. And I am sure my wife and son will have something to say about that

SIGNED.

Onya , mate !! :rolleyes:

I've been going since 1968 - I share your pain :rolleyes::(

It was broken by Hearts supporter Ewan Murray, of well known OF loving and conspiratorial rag... the Guardian. Give me strength!

Back on topic (it never ceases to amaze me how some seem more concerned with attempting to out an apparent Hobo than actually discuss what's going on), my first reaction on hearing this was :sad:, then I felt increasingly :mad:. It's not acceptable, an absolute embarrassment, and quite clear that the dysfunctional way in which money comes into the club is continuing.

PJ1 said elsewhere that the players weren't affected last time this happened: but my contention is they clearly were. At the time, we were sitting in 3rd with 12 points from 6 games; but we went on to take just two from the next 15. And sure, the fixtures were tough, as the spell we face now is too - but in his excellent interview in the Scotsman today, Csaba spoke of how crucial it is to keep the players focused. Something like this will not help one bit: so it's him I really feel sorry for. Every time he gets a run going, something happens off the field which makes his job tougher, and is no responsibility of his.

It needs to be sorted for good - but will it be?

Back on topic (it never ceases to amaze me how some seem more concerned with attempting to out an apparent Hobo than actually discuss what's going on), my first reaction on hearing this was :sad:, then I felt increasingly :mad:. It's not acceptable, an absolute embarrassment, and quite clear that the dysfunctional way in which money comes into the club is continuing.

PJ1 said elsewhere that the players weren't affected last time this happened: but my contention is they clearly were. At the time, we were sitting in 3rd with 12 points from 6 games; but we went on to take just two from the next 15. And sure, the fixtures were tough, as the spell we face now is too - but in his excellent interview in the Scotsman today, Csaba spoke of how crucial it is to keep the players focused. Something like this will not help one bit: so it's him I really feel sorry for. Every time he gets a run going, something happens off the field which makes his job tougher, and is no responsibility of his.

A switch to monthly wages and regular transfer dates would seem to be the obvious resolution, wouldn't you think? Naw....way too obvious.

I'm sure that we can all be certain that there is nothing to worry about here.

Best. Username. Ever!

Best. Username. Ever!

Why, thank you:

''Erse

Originally a Scottish form of the word Irish, a name applied by Lowland Scots to Scottish Gaelic and also sometimes used as a synonym for Irish Gaelic. ''

Though in my case my name is ERic Steven Elrich.

I was going to suggest that they were probably affected more by the nonsense surrounding the issue rather than the actual lack of funds in their account but one goes hand in hand with the other so essentially, they're the same problem.

So yes, I wish they would sort this out but not because it embarrasses me in any way (it doesn't) but because it's sloppy and more importantly, it gives the press ammunition with which to attack us and cause trouble. Not what we need any day, never mind the night before a big game.

If they keep the players away from the press in the morning, I don't imagine there will be enough time to really unsettle them prior to the kick off. But long term, this really does have to be dealt with...how difficult can it be so ensure that the bloody money is here in time? Pfft.

Why, thank you:

''Erse

Originally a Scottish form of the word Irish, a name applied by Lowland Scots to Scottish Gaelic and also sometimes used as a synonym for Irish Gaelic. ''

Though in my case my name is ERic Steven Elrich.

Eric Elrich....very movie star'ish.... :)

It was broken by Hearts supporter Ewan Murray, of well known OF loving and conspiratorial rag... the Guardian. Give me strength!

Sorry I'm ****ed. I stand corrected. But is anyone surprised that this story has broken now?

Probably should have paid more attention but is Ewen following the party line? I know he is a good Jambo but is he reporting what he is told to?

I would certainly hope not but we all know how the press goes into overdrive on occaisons(sp) like this.

Sorry I'm ****ed. I stand corrected. But is anyone surprised that this story has broken now?

Probably should have paid more attention but is Ewen following the party line? I know he is a good Jambo but is he reporting what he is told to?

I would certainly hope not but we all know how the press goes into overdrive on occaisons(sp) like this.

As redm's said, him getting in there before the redtops is actually a good thing, and will take some of the heat out of it. I think he does a marvellous job reporting on us, to be honest: he avoids cliches, gives all non-OF clubs a proper write-up and somehow manages to convince the Guardian of our importance in the great scheme of things. We'll probably never get a more Hearts-leaning broadsheet journo than him.

I'm not too sure that the "party line" at Guardian HQ extends to the Famous.....

Erse has saved us the bother, also as I alluded to previously "Maradona" will be around...

What is the story? Seriously, Heart of Midlothian will be victorious....

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Couldn't give a toss what does and what does not appear in tabloids - haven't looked at one for years. What does bother me is whether or not this has put a dampener on team morale, which must have been building nicely over the past few weeks. Why do these owners keep shooting themselves in the foot? I can't ever recall anybody who was as slow to learn from mistakes as Romanov is.

I'm not too sure that the "party line" at Guardian HQ extends to the Famous.....

Is this a story about certain person's wages not being paid? And an entire mountain being created........ mountain...molehill........

'Highly unlikely' to happen again, I think Hearts said last time round.

We really need to stop giving them ammo.

I feel as though we're a couple of goals down already today. :sad:

More to the point, who is it that's giving them the information?

We have a player(or players) quite willing to rock the boat before a major game by going to the press when they have been assured that wages would be paid Monday.

Looking after number one, methinks.

Charlie-Brown

I feel as though we're a couple of goals down already today. :sad:

We probably already are JF with Dougie McDonald as ref today :(

Not really a major story until Tuesday imo.

We will, if we continue to transfer wages from abroad, keep hearing stories like this imo.

If the blip is not noticed until Friday afternoon, then i imagine it is hard to sort that blip until the monday. Why don't we look to pay the players on a Thursday, that way if a 'blip' occurs it can be sorted out the very next banking day and not have to wait over the weekend?

Something needs to be done to stop this uneccessary shambles happening again though.

Why cant they keep an emergency fund of ?100k (wages are reported to be ?90k) in a British Bank account that CAN ONLY be used at time of 'blips'?

To be fair there is nothing in The Sun this morning:rolleyes:

Nor would I expect there to be Boo.

The Guardian only put it on their website at 11ish last night.

The papers tomorrow will be full of it i'm sure.

Notb really a major story until Tuesday imo.

We will, if we continue to transfer wages from abroad keep hearing stories like this imo.

Something needs to be done to stop this uneccessary shambles happening again though.

Why cant they keep an emergency fund of ?100k (wages are reported to be ?90k) in a British Bank account that CAN ONLY be used at time of 'blips'.

Yet we managed for over 3 years to pay the wages on time using the system that we do?

Do you not find it strange that payments have been late twice now in the last 2 months?

As you say though, an unnecessary shambles.

Not really a major story until Tuesday imo.

We will, if we continue to transfer wages from abroad, keep hearing stories like this imo.

If the blip is not noticed until Friday afternoon, then i imagine it is hard to sort that blip until the monday. Why don't we look to pay the players on a Thursday, that way if a 'blip' occurs it can be sorted out the very next banking day and not have to wait over the weekend?

Why cant they keep an emergency fund of ?100k (wages are reported to be ?90k) in a British Bank account that CAN ONLY be used at time of 'blips'?

One of the few sensible posts on the thread. It does not matter how many hobos on the thread post it takes nothing away from the shambles of a way we seem to be dealing with wages at the club.

All those who see this as a non story may want to give a little thought to the non footballing staff who may not be getting paid on time. They will no doubt be on modest wages with bills waiting to get paid like the rest of us.

Feck them though eh as long as we can hound a couple of tramps that post on a internet forum.

Yet we managed for over 3 years to pay the wages on time using the system that we do?

Do you not find it strange that payments have been late twice now in the last 2 months?

Yup.

Once, fair enough.

Twice, in a short period of tiime? Not good.

Is it just the players? or is it the staff as well? With Christmas coming up, it realy is not good enough - people rely on their money being in their bank on time (I know I do)

The whole banking system worldwide has went tits-up with a lot of changes happening over the last 2-3 months.

There could, i agree, be other factors at work here also.

If it is a 'banking glitch' and not a money problem then they could be solved very easily in the future by having the emergency fund in a British Bank that i mentioned earlier.

Yup.

Once, fair enough.

Twice, in a short period of tiime? Not good.

Is it just the players? or is it the staff as well? With Christmas coming up, it realy is not good enough - people rely on their money being in their bank on time (I know I do)

The article said the staff had been paid.

'A week ago, the off-field staff at the Edinburgh club were paid their monthly wages '

The article said the staff had been paid.

Cheers. Thats something at least.

Mind you, not all players on Hearts books earn good money.

Get it sorted pronto Hearts.

' This time, Hearts say there has been a "blip" in the payment process. A club spokesperson said: "The funds are in place, the money has been transferred and will be in the players' bank accounts on Monday morning." '

Taken from the article in the guardian.

Monday afternoon (or Tuesday) will tell us more. If it was nothing more than a blip, then the players will have their money on Monday.

The whole banking system worldwide has went tits-up with a lot of changes happening over the last 2-3 months.

There could, i agree, be other factors at work here also.

Well whatever the cause, we were told that it was 'highly unlikely' it would happen again, yet 2 months later, here we are again. Lessons should have been learned and measures put in place (like what you suggest below) to ensure that it never happened again.

If it is a 'banking glitch' and not a money problem then they could be solved very easily in the future by having the emergency fund in a British Bank that i mentioned earlier.

Agree entirely.

Archived