The Balogh

Drylaw Hearts

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rudi must stay
Thanks but no thanks -You just won't do.

Bring back Stevie Banks - The Balogh is horrific.

don't think he's done anything wrong tbh

Geoff Kilpatrick

Christ, you won't be happy until YOU get to pick the team on a Saturday!

Banks is not good enough either.

Broxburn Jambo

Stevie Banks is no better

Drylaw Hearts
don't think he's done anything wrong tbh

He looks as though he'd toil to catch a cold.

Can't kick and can't catch the ball = useless.

I think it's fair to say we have been spoilt in terms of goalkeepers over the last few years.

However to me Balogh fits perfectly into the current Hearts setup ie mediocre beyond belief and an accident waiting to happen.

He's pretty dodgy in my opinion. Never tries to catch the ball, there were three successive crosses he should have caught last night and he punched every one of them and kept the pressure on us.

Also, did you see his attempt to save Miranda's shot that went just wide at the weekend? He barley left the ground!

Minus his performance at Easter Road, I'd much prefer Kello

IMO Kello is a better option. Balogh has done ok but seems to want to punch far too often and his kicking is horrendous.

I think it's fair to say we have been spoilt in terms of goalkeepers over the last few years.

However to me Balogh fits perfectly into the current Hearts setup ie mediocre beyond belief and an accident waiting to happen.

Agreed

Come back Kello - I like keepers that can CATCH the ball!

rudi must stay
He looks as though he'd toil to catch a cold.

Can't kick and can't catch the ball = useless.

he's doing alright though. He made a few decent saves against Hamilton

Drylaw Hearts
Banks is not good enough either.

So you at least agree that The Balogh is not good enough ?

Stevie Banks is no better

Disagree.

I think he made one decent save from Graham. The one from Offiong was a terrible header

Drylaw Hearts

They barely had an effort on target ffs.

He flapped at 90% of the crosses and one effort they did have on goal he spilled at his near post.

He also kicks like a girl.

Guest jambomickey

he can't catch a ball under pressure and his punches are horrendous, his kicking aint much better! would go with jamie mac donald myself

rudi must stay
They barely had an effort on target ffs.

He flapped at 90% of the crosses and one effort they did have on goal he spilled at his near post.

He also kicks like a girl.

sad thing is Kello isn't any better at kicking. Infact he's probably even worse

So you at least agree that The Balogh is not good enough ?

I'd rather we had someone else in goals. It looks like his bottle has gone.

Give Roddy McKenzie a chance.

banks isn't coming back, have closure.

also not coming back:

burley

gordon

pressley

hartley

brellier

skacel

bednar

the beatles

elvis

lord lucan

shergar

cremola foam (sorry i just really liked cremola foam)

balogh is what we now have, him and kello. both look a damn sight better than kurskis or basso.

and rest.

Guest jambomickey

also not coming back:

burley

gordon

pressley

hartley

brellier

skacel

bednar

the beatles

elvis

lord lucan

shergar

balogh is what we now have, him and kello. both look a damn sight better than kurskis or basso.

and rest.

is any of them fit to replace craig gordon? or is any of the dross brought in to replace the players you mention fit to lace there boots?

Drylaw Hearts

also not coming back:

burley

gordon

pressley

hartley

brellier

skacel

bednar

the beatles

elvis

lord lucan

shergar

and rest.

But it's another large mistake is it not ?

If we wanted an average Goalie we should have stuck with the one we had, who didn't really make many mistakes and we could have saved ourselves 2 salaries.

is any of them fit to replace craig gordon? or is any of the dross brought in to replace the players you mention fit to lace there boots?

are they fit to replace gordon? of course not. there was never any will or necessity to replace gordon, if there had been then they would have had to pay a great deal of money for a replacement.

hearts were extremely fortunate to bring through an exceptional talent like gordon, and vlad did very well to maximise his value. these kind of players don't fall into the laps of the likes of hearts every year.

But it's another large mistake is it not ?

If we wanted an average Goalie we should have stuck with the one we had, who didn't really make many mistakes and we could have saved ourselves 2 salaries.

well we should surely all know by now that the agenda at play at hearts is not only about the side on the pitch, but also to sell on players. vlad and junior have admitted it themselves.

like it or not, that's what they want. you, me and everyone else are simply being asked along for the ride.

Drylaw Hearts
well we should surely all know by now that the agenda at play at hearts is not only about the side on the pitch, but also to sell on players. vlad and junior have admitted it themselves.

like it or not, that's what they want. you, me and everyone else are simply being asked along for the ride.

Well it's the worst ride I've ever had.

also not coming back:

burley

gordon

pressley

hartley

brellier

skacel

bednar

the beatles

elvis

lord lucan

shergar

and rest.

You can still get cremola foam!!!

Well it's the worst ride I've ever had.

are we talking ride or 'ride'?

anyhoo.... we're not hobos, that default position always cheers me up.

You can still get cremola foam!!!

nice one. where? i hope you're not going to try to sell me a tin of bath salts or something.

Only 3 goals conceded in 4 and a half matches.

Kello conceded 10 goals in 7.

MacDonald conceded 2 in 1

Banks conceded 2 in 1.

Statistically speaking..... ;)

nice one. where? i hope you're not going to try to sell me a tin of bath salts or something.

ha ha.I might try that.I got a tin of it down at the poundshop in Galashiels.Raspeberry flavour.Sure there is one in Edinburgh?

ha ha.I might try that.I got a tin of it down at the poundshop in Galashiels.Raspeberry flavour.Sure there is one in Edinburgh?

i'll have a wee hunt aboot, cheers man.

Only 3 goals conceded in 4 and a half matches.

Kello conceded 10 goals in 7.

MacDonald conceded 2 in 1

Banks conceded 2 in 1.

Statistically speaking..... ;)

Ohhh, Drylaw won't like that.....

He's a bit flappy with crosses. Punches way too much. I liked Kello as he was fierce and could throw like a bassa, nice and fast to keep play moving. Balogh seems to prefer to hold and then kick once folk are past the half-way line, which just lets the opposition regroup.

Looked decent, but then again so did Kello before he went off the rails. Need to retain one, boot the other, put McDonald as understudy. All much of a muchness really.

FFS - Is this a candidate for the successor to Peebles Jambo's famous Burley thread?

The guys been in goals for 4.5 games and not made an error that cost us a goal, which includes 2 clean sheets in the last couple of games, yet people want him dropped? :buttkick:

People want Steve Banks back in goal? :banghead2: Nearly everything hit on target went past him - he was too small to cover the angles. Banks was not good enough for us although he was an honest pro. Move on - we have to make do with the current pick.

As for goalkicking - is Ballogh's kicking worse than Kello's? Kello was a bombscare at the piggery in the first half, and gave Hibs 2 or 3 scoring opportunities from unforced kicking errors including the one where Ratboy had a claim for a penalty from Eggert's desperate challenge.

Before the Piggery, Kello's kicking was all over the place in the previous few games.

Give the guy a chance - he's done ok so far in my opinion and the jury is still out.

Drylaw Hearts
Ohhh, Drylaw won't like that.....

The Balogh does not look a good goalkeeper and I don't what the stats say.

:)

FFS - Is this a candidate for the successor to Peebles Jambo's famous Burley thread?

The guys been in goals for 4.5 games and not made an error that cost us a goal, which includes 2 clean sheets in the last couple of games, yet people want him dropped? :buttkick:

People want Steve Banks back in goal? :banghead2: Nearly everything hit on target went past him - he was too small to cover the angles. Banks was not good enough for us although he was an honest pro. Move on - we have to make do with the current pick.

As for goalkicking - is Ballogh's kicking worse than Kello's? Kello was a bombscare at the piggery in the first half, and gave Hibs 2 or 3 scoring opportunities from unforced kicking errors including the one where Ratboy had a claim for a penalty from Eggert's desperate challenge.

Before the Piggery, Kello's kicking was all over the place in the previous few games.

Give the guy a chance - he's done ok so far in my opinion and the jury is still out.

Said this way before he was dropped.

BTW Balogh perfromed a game saving stop at Easter Road too.

I have to agree with Drylaw about Balogh. He cannot kick the ball and cannot take a cross. Right now I'd also play Banks but he's got two heads and eats children (or so you would think) so it would then have to be McDonald, but Roaming Knob never signed him so that's no use. So I suppose its Kello, but my mum has more confidence than him in goals so ffs its clear that Balogh is the man. Woo hoo.

Banks is the best keeper at tynie by a mile.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Although I've not seen Balogh in the flesh, Banks was ditched for some misdemeanour's that didn't meet the Uber's liking and that irks me.

Plus....Banks is actually an asset. Not a loan player like the aforementioned keepers, who are worthless to us.

We turned down a cash offer from the unwashed for him a while back. Why?

Poor excuse of a thread to shoehorn in the 'bring back Banks' nonsense.

Glamorgan Jambo

I just spoke to my brother who made one of his rare visits to Tynie last night. He was absolutely fuming about Balogh and was equally scathing about Kello (he only saw him at Easter Road mind). It seems that despite getting 2 new keepers in we're no further ahead in the goalkeeping stakes than when Banks and McDonald were fighting it out. I suppose Basso and the Icelandic goalie are stilll hanging around too.

Just a pity we hadn't saved the money on both of their wages and got someone like Dougie Freedman in for the season.

loveofthegame
nope. He's not lost a goal in 2 games now, you can't do much better than that

Has he had a save to make in either match?! His kicking is truly woeful and the way he flaps at crosses does anything but inspire confidence. Jury's definitely still out.

Broxburn Jambo
I just spoke to my brother who made one of his rare visits to Tynie last night. He was absolutely fuming about Balogh and was equally scathing about Kello (he only saw him at Easter Road mind). It seems that despite getting 2 new keepers in we're no further ahead in the goalkeeping stakes than when Banks and McDonald were fighting it out. I suppose Basso and the Icelandic goalie are stilll hanging around too.

Just a pity we hadn't saved the money on both of their wages and got someone like Dougie Freedman in for the season.

Dougie is even worse than Banks!!!

What a stupid post. Do you think players of Gordons ability are available to clubs our size? The only chance we have of landing a player of that Quality is through the Academy.

Having watched all 3 keepers I'd say Kello should easily be our number 1.

Drylaw Hearts
Poor excuse of a thread to shoehorn in the 'bring back Banks' nonsense.

Is it wrong to want the best Goalie at the Club to play instead of that muppet we've had in recently ?

Glamorgan Jambo
Dougie is even worse than Banks!!!

Dougie's scored 4 this season for Southend. And he's made countless excellent saves and always comes out for crosses!!!!

Archived