Michael McCurry (merged threads)

Guest juvehearts

If it was the correct decision to send off Stewart, then fair enough.

As long as every other player in every other team in every other game in the SPL and SFA cup are treated similarly.

Is it paranoia to think they won't be?

Well slap me senseless and call me paranoid, then.

Guest JamboRobbo

Can argue all day about blaming our failings on referess.

But, had Mikey Stewart done nothing to deserve to be sent off, he'd not have been sent off.

If he does something that deserves a red card, and he gets a red card for it, he only has himself to blame.

He did the similar at Gretna last year. He badly needs to improve his discipline. Sadly, it would appear, he seems incapable of doing so.

But the last few years have been awash with examples of our players being treated differently.

I'm not condoning Stewart's actions (haven't seen them yet) but all I'm looking for is a level playing field.

Can argue all day about blaming our failings on referess.

But, had Mikey Stewart done nothing to deserve to be sent off, he'd not have been sent off.

If he does something that deserves a red card, and he gets a red card for it, he only has himself to blame.

He did the similar at Gretna last year. He badly needs to improve his discipline. Sadly, it would appear, he seems incapable of doing so.

Was the Gretna red card not rescinded?

Other than that I agree, he need to control himself better - however, how many other times has a fourht official got so involved?

If it was Barry Ferguson or McGeady, do you hoonestly think he would make as much effort to point it out to the ref?

I have NEVER seen a 4th official enter the field of play to alter a decision made by referee and linesmen. They have in the past been involved in disciplinary matters but cards are then issued after the game.

In this case though he changed a corner into a freekick. (wrongly given to ST M by accounts of those who claim to have seen it as Stewart's run was blocked off the ball). As I say in many years of watching football I have never seen this.

Even Zidane's incident they had to pretend that it was made "live" rather than by means of TV. Was the delay on Saturday caused by the time it took to look at a TV monitor?

On time keeping the second half started on my watch at 5 and a half mins past 4 and ended almost dead on 5pm. That does NOT add up even with the ridiculous 5 minute addition (remember the Stewart incident was 1st half so did not contribute to this).

How does 45 + 5 = 54? Because the SFA say it does, of course.

The board was not displayed until well after the 45 mins were up and the time added was then played on top of the overrun.

Incidentally the 4th official was on the park again over the Neilson freekick even though that happened on the opposite touchline within feet of the linesman and with the referee, I think, close enough, too. He seemed to be trying to overturn it.

john brownlee
I have NEVER seen a 4th official enter the field of play to alter a decision made by referee and linesmen. They have in the past been involved in disciplinary matters but cards are then issued after the game.

In this case though he changed a corner into a freekick. (wrongly given to ST M by accounts of those who claim to have seen it as Stewart's run was blocked off the ball). As I say in many years of watching football I have never seen this.

Even Zidane's incident they had to pretend that it was made "live" rather than by means of TV. Was the delay on Saturday caused by the time it took to look at a TV monitor?

On time keeping the second half started on my watch at 5 and a half mins past 4 and ended almost dead on 5pm. That does NOT add up even with the ridiculous 5 minute addition (remember the Stewart incident was 1st half so did not contribute to this).

How does 45 + 5 = 54? Because the SFA say it does, of course.

The board was not displayed until well after the 45 mins were up and the time added was then played on top of the overrun.

Incidentally the 4th official was on the park again over the Neilson freekick even though that happened on the opposite touchline within feet of the linesman and with the referee, I think, close enough, too. He seemed to be trying to overturn it.

couldn't have been the case as sultana said their camera man was following the ball so no pictures of the incident.

now that makes it even stranger, did as I suspect the fourth official got a ear fool from good honest gus and bottled it.

Were all the officuials from paisely. if so, it makes the win even sweeter. GFA GTF

Well done Hearts

Patrick Bateman

If the numerous newspaper expos?s are true, then Mike McCurry is not "fit and proper" to referee at any league level. Creepy, slimey man.

gorgie rd eh11

Good to see the referees little helpers getting involved again, like they did a couple of weeks ago against aberdeen. Missing caldwells handball, mcdonald being offside and outside the box in last weeks game must only have been a temporary loss of vision. These incidents happening right in front of both of the assistants and none of them being spotted, how unlucky is that for us.

Still these things even themselves out:rolleyes:

Good to see the referees little helpers getting involved again, like they did a couple of weeks ago against aberdeen. Missing caldwells handball, mcdonald being offside and outside the box in last weeks game must only have been a temporary loss of vision. These incidents happening right in front of both of the assistants and none of them being spotted, how unlucky is that for us.

Still these things even themselves out:rolleyes:

Yup,they also missed Berra clattering one of the tic players in the box for a pen.

gorgie rd eh11
Yup,they also missed Berra clattering one of the tic players in the box for a pen.

Yup and if the game wasn't already over then i'm sure they wouldn't have missed it. :)

Another point to make. Apart from the 4th official, the time added and the bookings (and lack of them)...

Why was Neilson not allowed to re-enter play after injury (not a cut) for a prolonged period while the ball was not in the area of the park at which he would rejoin play?

Any ideas apart from the obvious?

Scottish footballing "firsts" from officials

Linesman gives penalty after ref awards goal kick

Linesman gives goal kick after ref gives penalty

Fourth official sends off a player after the other 3 officials miss incident

Wonder what links all pf these firsts together? It's a toughie.

For all of you out there who are applauding that the correct decision was given and sporting integrity upheld can you keep an eye on every other SPL game this season and let me know when the 4th official gets involved in another decision. Thanks awfully.

They said on the radio that Micheal Stewart kicked the St Mirren player and neither the ref or the linesman saw it,but the 4th official did,and he told McCurry who probs gladly sent of Stewart,they said its the only time a 4th official can have a say if and when it is violent conduct

Archived