Michael McCurry (merged threads)

Guest juvehearts

First 10 minutes i thought he was actually briefed to referee the game fairly.

The next 90 minutes proved that this was not the case.

all SPL referees are corrupted. not corrupt in that they stand to gain personally from being 'bent', their decision making abilities are corrupted by issues which have nothing to do with sport.

scottish football is not a true sport, and it never has been for quite a few years.

You are a dirty corrupt cheating SFA barsteward.

that is all.

I mentioned earlier in the week that McCurry comes from Paisley, St Mirren come from Paisley and the game was played in Paisley. Magnificently neutral appointment by the GFA!

And the 4th official, Madden,comes from either East Kilbride or Glasgow(I can't remember which) and this is his first season on the top list.

All of this suggests the GFA are either totally incompetent, couldn't give a sh*t or are out to get us. Take your pick.

And once we get that off our chest we can look forward to a certain Mr D McDonald on Wednesday.

Sending off was too far away and too off the ball for me to see.

But McCurry was wrong in his repeated penalising Nade, and he gave too much against us in the last 10 minutes. He had a poor game, reminiscent of his early days as a ref.

You are a dirty corrupt cheating SFA barsteward.

that is all.

I agree but this should not be a surprise to anyone, however, there is only one way to deal with this, do exactly what we did today!!

Guest juvehearts
Sending off was too far away and too off the ball for me to see.

But McCurry was wrong in his repeated penalising Nade, and he gave too much against us in the last 10 minutes. He had a poor game, reminiscent of his early days as a ref.

how did he not give us a corner in the dying minutes of the game is beyond me.

he never booked any of the st midden players & booked nade for f'all.

they kicked out & got miko subbed, hearts had 10 men they had 13.

never in MY day's fo watching football has a 4th official OVERRULED a referee whom was 4yards max away from the insident & gave a corner.

Disgrace, this is on par if not worce than the dundee utd game at ibrox last season,

guess who officiated that!

Guest jambomickey

just back from the game and mike mc'curry is a cheat both in his personal and professional life. i've never in my life seen a player sent off on the say so of a fourth official! but mc'currys whole performance was a disgrace:mad:

just back from the game and mike mc'curry is a cheat both in his personal and professional life. i've never in my life seen a player sent off on the say so of a fourth official! but mc'currys whole performance was a disgrace:mad:

what was the score with the time added?

they were still playing at 5:00pm by all accounts :eek:

Captain Lithuania

Weren't impressed were you :P

Was right next to you.. You were fuming!!

Yeah, the ref should make his own mind up.. Stewart was always getting sent off.

Guest jambomickey
Weren't impressed were you :P

Was right next to you.. You were fuming!!

Yeah, the ref should make his own mind up.. Stewart was always getting sent off.

fuming is a under statement mate! sorry for the language:)

Captain Lithuania
fuming is a under statement mate! sorry for the language:)

Lol, we were both swearing like nothing and that poor english guy in between us lol, never said one word lol.

Guest jambomickey
Lol, we were both swearing like nothing and that poor english guy in between us lol, never said one word lol.

he's a good lad mate! he sits just along from me at tynecastle.

i am not a fan of mccurrry but when the fourth official brought stewart to his notice he had no alternative but to send him off, but he did give a few dodgy ones, especially the booking of nade who brought the ball down with his shoulder

The guy is a cheat and he messes up at every single match he does these days.

You cannot make a decision if you haven't seen it or your two linesman haven't either. He should have been booted out of the game after the Dundee United match at Ibrox last season and the fact that he's still allowed to be involved in the Scottish game says it all.

I look forward to the fourth official getting involved in every single match now or is he only allowed to do that when Gus McPherson has his hand up his backside?

john brownlee

that's it! 13 games into the season and after every game the main topic is the ref are we paranoid or is it really a gang bang by the GFA. wasn't at the game today but according to Lawrence and Garry, bed hopping macurry was a total doorknob Its a miracle that we are fourth in the league. Imagine were we would be if we had the officials on our side

chester copperpot

You need to sort out your apostrophe's mate.

Signed Mr Pedant. ;)

Guest jambomickey
You need to sort out your apostrophe's mate.

Signed Mr Pedant. ;)

aye a know mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chester copperpot
aye a know mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you next Sat. Remember get in touch re the Porty Hearts bus.

all SPL referees are corrupted. not corrupt in that they stand to gain personally from being 'bent', their decision making abilities are corrupted by issues which have nothing to do with sport.

scottish football is not a true sport, and it never has been for quite a few years.

In a nutshell!!!

winston churchill

is mccurry the randy reverend with the bit on the side

maltese jambo

Didn't see the incident but a few people around me said Stewart hit out as a reaction to being blocked....fair enough, he can't do that and should have got sent off....although the way the referees (plural since apparantly hearts have 4 referees whereas other teams 1) came to that decision was a bit dissapointing.....same as the Aberdeen match, how long does it take to say 'he kicked him'? Surely it should have been over in a few seconds...what on earth was getting said for those 5 minutes?

As for the people who left the game after the incident....get a grip...We all know that the referees will never be on our sides since we dared to challange the old firm; get used to it because its here to stay.

It was like beating hibs and the OF all rolled into one the day , with what we had to go through today . The SFA were a disgrace. Well done hearts . im a happy jambo after that.:)

Didn't see the incident but a few people around me said Stewart hit out as a reaction to being blocked....fair enough, he can't do that and should have got sent off....although the way the referees (plural since apparantly hearts have 4 referees whereas other teams 1) came to that decision was a bit dissapointing.....same as the Aberdeen match, how long does it take to say 'he kicked him'? Surely it should have been over in a few seconds...what on earth was getting said for those 5 minutes?

As for the people who left the game after the incident....get a grip...We all know that the referees will never be on our sides since we dared to challange the old firm; get used to it because its here to stay.

I may be looking too much into the incident leading to our goal but i thought the linesman was looking to overule the free kick decision.McCurry knowing that our end would go beserk stuck to his original foul to us.Soft free kick to us if thats the case.Never saw much contact on Robbie.Dare i say it Robbie went down Pressley like.:)

Ahem, Zidane, World Cup Final....... same level as Heart of Midlothian....

I get your point, hopefully from tomorrow fans will put pressure on things the referee and his assistants have missed, but the fourth official has spotted and make him aware of....

maltese jambo
I may be looking too much into the incident leading to our goal but i thought the linesman was looking to overule the free kick decision.McCurry knowing that our end would go beserk stuck to his original foul to us.Soft free kick to us if thats the case.Never saw much contact on Robbie.Dare i say it Robbie went down Pressley like.:)

Spot on i thought McCurry was going to book Neilson for diving.

lastkingofscotland

Doubtless i'll be branded a hobo but here goes.

I was not at the game today, I was at work listening to it on the radio. Long before the decision was eventually made the radio commentator said he'd seen the sending off incident 100% and Stewart was 100% deserving of the red card.

Zidane was sent off in a world cup final with the eyes of the world watching on the say so of a 4th official. The fact is, Michael Stewart deserved a red card and got one. If it's proved subsequently that an offence has been brought to the attention of the ref by a 4th official and the ref has not acted then we will have an argument, but in this case justice was done. Not a happy truth to acknowledge but the truth nonetheless.

I agree but this should not be a surprise to anyone, however, there is only one way to deal with this, do exactly what we did today!!

But why should we have to put up with it? I spent ?80 for the game today with the kids , only to get cheated by the ref ( and he did his best to cheat us) .Its now getting out of order.

U didn't see the 2006 World Cup Final then ?

lastkingofscotland
But why should we have to put up with it? I spent ?80 for the game today with the kids , only to get cheated by the ref ( and he did his best to cheat us) .Its now getting out of order.

It's now getting out of order ??? Scottish refereeing has been a joke for many years now. Regardless of what some might say, a 4th official acting to get a player sent off when it's been missed by the 3 other officials is a good thing. Michael Stewart has had this coming and though i doubt it will have any effect, it should give him a wake up call.

The referee is supposed to be the sole judge of discipline during a game. If a 4th official is now able to bring to the referee's attention something that he has missed, then it follows logically that a referee CAN miss important decisions. It then follows that tv footage after the fact should be used to discipline players where the ref has "missed" the incident. The SFA may have dug themselves a hole today that inadvertently improves the game as a whole. If a well earned disciplinary break for Michael Stewart is the price that has to be paid for that to come to pass then so be it.

U didn't see the 2006 World Cup Final then ?

And the 4th official, officially was involved, was he?

Genuine question.

I don't understand what all the bleating is about. Stewart deserved to be sent off. He was sent off. What's the problem?

You wouldn't.

In the SPL, how many times have you seen a player stay on the park because the ref was blind sided?

In the SPL, how many times have you then seen the 4th official draw it to the attention of the referee?

Still as long as the correct decision was reached in the end eh?

The standard of officials in this country is a joke , no consistency and no ****in bottle to call match altering decicions against the OF , i know i'ts a difficult job with pish wages but for fecks sake show some integrity and grow a set of gonads ya useless bassas , sfa w4nk w4nk w4nk

You wouldn't.

In the SPL, how many times have you seen a player stay on the park because the ref was blind sided?

In the SPL, how many times have you then seen the 4th official then draw it to the attention of the referee?

Still as long as the correct decision was reached in the end eh?

What he said.

Spitonastranger
Doubtless i'll be branded a hobo but here goes.

I was not at the game today, I was at work listening to it on the radio. Long before the decision was eventually made the radio commentator said he'd seen the sending off incident 100% and Stewart was 100% deserving of the red card.

Zidane was sent off in a world cup final with the eyes of the world watching on the say so of a 4th official. The fact is, Michael Stewart deserved a red card and got one. If it's proved subsequently that an offence has been brought to the attention of the ref by a 4th official and the ref has not acted then we will have an argument, but in this case justice was done. Not a happy truth to acknowledge but the truth nonetheless.

our are an idiot not at the game but belief the media:rolleyes:

said to my mate that son of elvis went down too easy and it was a soft foul - 1 for 20 against-who's complainin'?

gerrin EGGY!

BEAUTY!

Romanov Stole My Pension

I've not read this thread so I don't know if it has already been commented on, but I thought the only decision that went our way today was the freekick that we scored from. Didn't look a lot in it at all.

I think what is really bugging everybody is the lack of consistancy.

If it was the correct call - however it arrived - we should accept it.

If things happen in other games and we can see that the same rules and discretions are not being applied in those, then we are right to get annoyed.

That said, I doubt we will see what has happened to us in 2 out of the last 3 games happen to one other team during the duration of this season.

Anyway, more importantly a defence without Zali keeps a clean sheet. That's the real story of today....;) And what would appear to be a real gutsy performance the majority of which was without a Kaunas player on the pitch....

Hopefully today sees the future of the Hearts team for the season...

I didn't see the "incident" with Stewart as I was watching the ball head for a corner. The question is though, why did it take the 4th official so long to make his way to the touchline to make himself heard....if he had seen the incident why was he not out there immediately..or does the fact that Gus Mcpherson appeared to have a "discussion" with him for a minute or two beforehand have any bearing?

Anyway, that decision aside I though the officials yesterday were absolutely appalling. McCurry got so many things wrong I'm not sure he knew what day it was.

You could tell by the reaction of fans and players alike at the whistle that yesterday felt like more than just a victory over St Liedoon.

Well done Hearts.

Archived