End of the road?

H.A.N.S

Not as in existence but........

Does anyone think we'll ever seen European football again, win a cup or split the OF?

I dont think we will whilst we have the mad man in charge,he will probably dispose of our best manager/players if it looks like we are getting close

I think we will, maby not for the next 2-3 years though.. We need to be able to win and score goals before we even think about europe.

Professor.Arturo

We had more success under the pieman.

Regular contenders in the UEFA cup group stages and a Scottish cup win. 3rd 'most' years, an 18 month unbeaten run at Tynie under Levein (or was it 12?) and 11 guys playing for the jersey.

Apart from still being at Tynie, are we better off now?

European football - YES, within 2 seasons (I hope):)

Win THE cup - it's a bonus

Split them - I would be happier with the Champions League football that comes with it, than finishing above one of them.

Nucky Thompson

Regular contenders in the UEFA cup group stages

When did once become regular? We will be in Europe next season.

Regular contenders in the UEFA cup group stages and a Scottish cup win. 3rd 'most' years, an 18 month unbeaten run at Tynie under Levein (or was it 12?) and 11 guys playing for the jersey.

No way,without wishing to drag up conroversial views,i feel we would be much better without the Romanovs in charge. Im not a Romanov fan and cant understand the people who constantly support his mad ways.

Totally agree.

winston churchill

Does anyone think we'll ever seen European football again, win a cup or split the OF?

6037-1.jpg

lost in leith

Bearing in mind that 4th guarantees a UEFA Cup spot, and the Cup is another avenue, I reckon our chances are about 50/50 this season. That doesn't mean we are great, it just means that the rest are the same. I agree with those who predict further cuts to the wage bill in January. However, emptying Nade and Kingston would save a fortune on two players who are very poor VFM, and might give us a chance to see if some of the youngsters have got what it takes.

alwaysthereinspirit

SHUT THE F@#K UP

No way,without wishing to drag up conroversial views,i feel we would be much better without the Romanovs in charge. Im not a Romanov fan and cant understand the people who constantly support his mad ways.

I don't think Romanov has many fans but how you can say, with any degree of certainty, that we would be "better off" with Romanov?

The writing was on the wall for Hearts before Romanov came along, our predicament was such that it gave rise to the ridiculous situation we find ourselves in now.

I don't think Romanov has many fans but how you can say, with any degree of certainty, that we would be "better off" with Romanov?

The writing was on the wall for Hearts before Romanov came along, our predicament was such that it gave rise to the ridiculous situation we find ourselves in now.

i didnt say i was certain,i said i feel we would be.That is my opinion,im not saying it is fact.There are a lot of things that would need sorting but I FEEL,that with the right people we would be better off.

When did once become regular? We will be in Europe next season.

You have inside information on 7 quality new players arriving in January?

What a **** attempt at getting a reaction.

If I was, I got one out you, you felt the need to make your presence felt.

Next year and i'll take any bets.

ps, but probably wont pay up if im wrong! (but i wont be wrong)

i didnt say i was certain,i said i feel we would be.That is my opinion,im not saying it is fact.There are a lot of things that would need sorting but I FEEL,that with the right people we would be better off.

And where were the "right people" when Romanov came along? And where are they now?

I didn't say you were certain either.

:)

Nucky Thompson
You have inside information on 7 quality new players arriving in January?
It's 7 crap players getting punted with 4 quality players replacing them. Keep up Hans.

And where were the "right people" when Romanov came along? And where are they now?

I didn't say you were certain either.

:)

Romanov wasnt the only option available.Granted,with the debt now not many people may be as interested,i just think this man will drag us to the ground.

Romanov wasnt the only option available.Granted,with the debt now not many people may be as interested,i just think this man will drag us to the ground.

The only viable option though...

lost in leith
It's 7 crap players getting punted with 4 quality players replacing them. Keep up Hans.

Hope this is true, but it's quite hard to punt a crap player. If they are crap, who else will want them, particularly if they are on a decent salary? Players with a few months to go on their contract might take a percentage (say 50%) of the value of the remainder of their contract, but that eats into the cash available for new players.

Speaking of which, is it really a shock that we signed 'quality' players like Obua and Tullberg and they turned out to be injury prone?

Guest S.U.S.S.
If I was, I got one out you, you felt the need to make your presence felt.

No, you were looking for a reaction to your OP, it wasnt interesting enough to reply about. I just thought it was a crap attempt. come on, uv done better.

Please try harder! :)

lost in leith
I dont think we ever will again.

Ever.

Split the Old Firm? Very unlikely.

Finish 3rd or win a cup? Yes, hopefully both.

alwaysthereinspirit
What an ignoramus.

Good thread question, was wondering the same myself.

:(

Good thread question??

Those are questions any honest #ibs fan would be asking.

As for my original sweary reply. A wee bit overboard maybe.

Split the Old Firm? Very unlikely.

Finish 3rd or win a cup? Yes, hopefully both.

If you believe that your heads in the sand.

Never ever ever.

Captain Lithuania
Hope this is true, but it's quite hard to punt a crap player. If they are crap, who else will want them, particularly if they are on a decent salary? Players with a few months to go on their contract might take a percentage (say 50%) of the value of the remainder of their contract, but that eats into the cash available for new players.

Speaking of which, is it really a shock that we signed 'quality' players like Obua and Tullberg and they turned out to be injury prone?

You missed out Mirowiec and Kello.

alwaysthereinspirit
So as this is a Hearts forum for Hearts fans should we just get Mods to delete this thread then aye? muppet

Yes that's a great idea. Lets delete stupid threads.

Nice touch signing off at the end with your name.

You are wasted not doing a moderating role :rolleyes:

We will eventually be "good" again.

We will get into Europe again.

We had an ever so brief taste of the CL but sadly, and I mean sadly because the Romanovs raised expectations and a lot of us bought it (me for one), simply qualifying for Europe is the goal now but I suppose that's all we ever should have expected.

So , yes. We will get into Europe again and we will trouble a cup from time to time. But right now I'd just like back to back wins.

lost in leith
If you believe that your heads in the sand.

Never ever ever.

Which bit. Are you seriously suggesting that we will NEVER EVER EVER finish 3rd or win a cup? If so I suggest that you stay clear of sharp objects for a while.

NEVER EVER EVER split the Old Firm? In 1995 I would have agreed, because we could never afford to get close. We nearly did it in 1998. In 2001 I would have agreed, because we could never afford to get close. Yet we did it in 2006. In 2008 I agree, but who knows what the future could bring :cool:

We will eventually be "good" again.

We will get into Europe again.

We had an ever so brief taste of the CL but sadly, and I mean sadly because the Romanovs raised expectations and a lot of us bought it (me for one), simply qualifying for Europe is the goal now but I suppose that's all we ever should have expected.

So , yes. We will get into Europe again and we will trouble a cup from time to time. But right now I'd just like back to back wins.

Just like i will eventually be "skinny" again

Which bit. Are you seriously suggesting that we will NEVER EVER EVER finish 3rd or win a cup? If so I suggest that you stay clear of sharp objects for a while.

NEVER EVER EVER split the Old Firm? In 1995 I would have agreed, because we could never afford to get close. We nearly did it in 1998. In 2001 I would have agreed, because we could never afford to get close. Yet we did it in 2006. In 2008 I agree, but who knows what the future could bring :cool:

I think he/we might be yankin' yer chain!

Maybe...!

You should perform at the festival mate.

lost in leith
I think he/we might be yankin' yer chain!

Maybe...!

I refuse to accept that, because if he is he didn't use the correct smiley :mad::P:

I refuse to accept that, because if he is he didn't use the correct smiley :mad::P:

I did use the childish sarcasm of "never ever ever" though.

[bOLD]Regular[/bOLD] contenders in the UEFA cup group stages and a Scottish cup win........

Regular my @rse, we only ever got there once !

Each have delivered one Scottish Cup.

FFS there's plenty to critise Romanov for without making up crap !

Clown

As Lost in Leith says, who knows what the furture will bring? Just before Romanov came in we looked no better than a 3rd(at a push) 4th place team but all of a sudden we finished 2nd and won a cup.

It`s easy to feel despondent in desperate times but the history of Heart of Midlothian has always been about comebacks.

The hard thing to take just now is the closeness of all the non OF teams. Why? Because i feel if Hearts were properly run we`d step ahead of them.

I think we`ll be in a right fight to get 3rd/4th this season and it`s hard to see an inconsistent Hearts side win the Big Cup(but you can only hope).

alwaysthereinspirit
Nope.

Have a good evening. I'm going home. No hard feelings I hope. Sometimes I just get weary and write stuff. Seriously have a great weekend.

Archived