Chesney out for a month

Dr. Bapswent

Awwww there there,

If im being aggressive and making unfounded accusations then you just click the report button and make it all go away.

Ha ha brilliant, that old chestnut again.

You seem to think you get reported at every oppertunity....pfft

Dont flatter yourself, honestly.

I haven't, and don't see any need too. Most often you hoist yourself on your own petard because you cant remain fair or civil.

I'm not sure what your agenda is here, or where it has come from, but its entirely unnecessary.

Like they do with Mole and Elliot? :P

You think Mole and Elliot are supported?

I don't think they have received much support at all, but I also think they are less talented than Chesney.

No, just those accusing me of trolling for no reason.

Dry your eyes tiny tears! Get back to the thread topic you started!

Chesney is a 27 year old 'experienced' international not some youngster. Yes, in flashes he has shown incredible skill (semi final goal against the tic comes to mind) but is a)inconsistent and B) nearly always injured. Whilst I dont doubt for a minute he is one of the lower paid players in the squad its time to cut our losses.

I don't think they have received much support at all, but I also think they are less talented than Chesney.

Wheres that sarcasm smiley.....I do believe that Robbos point was that they ARENT supported.

I think due to this fact he is giving more chances than others

is that fair ?

Maybe, its hard to say.

Other players Mole/Elliot have not been injured, therefore get stick for not performing on the park.

Chesney gets stick for being injured, something he cant really help.

So he may get more chances, but as a result of being injured, you'd expect the number of times he comes back to be higher overall.

I think people do pick on liths

It is only because that are afforded more chances than others

No matter what nationality the boy is a sick note yeh ?

Even when he i not injured he hardly sets the heather on fire either

Get rid

Guest S.U.S.S.
Ha ha brilliant, that old chestnut again.

You seem to think you get reported at every oppertunity....pfft

Dont flatter yourself, honestly.

I haven't, and don't see any need too. Most often you hoist yourself on your own petard because you cant remain fair or civil.

I'm not sure what your agenda is here, or where it has come from, but its entirely unnecessary.

Eh, No, i said if you were upset re my posts to report them!

My agenda! laughable, you cant see the woods for the trees son.

Perhaps a little sleep will help.

Agenda, classic.

Teuchterjambo
Yes, but some players clearly deserve the stick they get...Mole, 29, Clum...

I cant see what Chesney does wrong for him to get such stick - other than suffer injuries. I think he is a decent enough winger, who has a go at players. I think under the right circumstances he would be a very good addition to the squad.

I cant see why people dislike him so much, therefore I asked if it was because he was Lithuanian...

So when you define that certain players "clearly deserve stick" (your words) then that is OK - but when someone suggests that other players deserve stick then it is not OK.

Try seeing it this way - people (and I include myself) don't necessarily dislike Chesney as a player,they are just questioning if he is value for money. No anti Lithuanian issues as far as I can see - just not available often enough to earn his wage. Take that into any workplace and the same qusetions would be asked.

Guest JamboRobbo

Eh, that was the exact point I was making. You said if he was young and scottish he'd get more support. I've listed you one young scottish player and one young english player, who don't get that extra support you said would be there.

Eh, that was the exact point I was making. You said if he was young and scottish he'd get more support. I've listed you one young scottish player and one young english player, who don't get that extra support you said would be there.

I seem to have picked you up wrong.

Fair enough, but I think the difference is that he has received some stick for being injured etc, not his ability.

i think thats a touch out of his control, and therefore a bit unfair.

Guest JamboRobbo
I seem to have picked you up wrong.

Fair enough, but I think the difference is that he has received some stick for being injured etc, not his ability.

i think thats a touch out of his control, and therefore a bit unfair.

Fair enough. I'd agree with the last bit.

BUT, football is a tough business. No room for sentiment etc etc etc. If a player is constatly injured (e.g. Pinilla), there has to be a point where you cut your losses.

Even as one who quite likes Chesney, I can see why some people would think he's reaching that stage.....

I bet he is fit for the next international week, despite hardly playing for us due to "injury" has he missed an international squad in the last 3 years?

Not that I recall

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Fans are harsher on players signed by Romanov who seem to be here permanently. Those players we all know who seem to get a game under every "manager" we have despite it being obvious they could be replaced by much better players very easily. It just happens to be the case that most of those players are Lithuanian because Romanov doesn't like British people. I guess somebody who was very, very thick could assume the bad feeling was simply because they were Lithuanian.

As management when deciding say at the beginning or during the close season and considering retention of players for the new season does the computing of time with club, time played and time injured come into consideration. With Hearts it does not seem to, if quality of performance is entered into the equation there have been a number of players recently that under such a format would have been moved on or out a long time earlier than they were.

Is he really injured or has he made another comment to the lithuanian media?

Not specific to Cesnauskis but is it just me or have injuries increased since the move to Riccarton?

Are the players training on grass or the artificial surface?

Personally, I feel I pick up more strains when I play regularly on the field-turf stuff as opposed to grass or even old style astroturf. Could be the same with our players.

The People's Chimp
Feel sorry for him. Must be really frustrating for him to play a game or two and then be out for ages again. if it keeps reoccuring then he will have to think quite hard about his career and if he can sustain one.

I really wonder about hearts and injuries. surely, out of the entire SPL we have the worst record, in recent times, for injuries, both long term - a la bruno, and consistent short term injuries - a la chesney.

Of course, Chessers will hardly have benefited from a period on the sidelines with the feared vlad flu. I do like chesney as a player, but it starts getting a bit silly when players are consistently injured.

But look at the number of players we have had out over the last 4/5 years; it's actually pretty frightening.

The People's Chimp
Is he really injured or has he made another comment to the lithuanian media?

Not specific to Cesnauskis but is it just me or have injuries increased since the move to Riccarton?

Are the players training on grass or the artificial surface?

Personally, I feel I pick up more strains when I play regularly on the field-turf stuff as opposed to grass or even old style astroturf. Could be the same with our players.

I've raised this point as well; but most people seem to say the surfaces etc are great and there isn't a problem.

As management when deciding say at the beginning or during the close season and considering retention of players for the new season does the computing of time with club, time played and time injured come into consideration. With Hearts it does not seem to, if quality of performance is entered into the equation there have been a number of players recently that under such a format would have been moved on or out a long time earlier than they were.

I've argued this for a long time. If players are not starting (not the bench) upwards of twenty-five, preferably thirty matches per season, the management should be seeking to release them. Clearly this should not apply to young players who are coming through the ranks, or players who may have one occasional injury. Managers often call for deep squads, but we have too many payers of similar abilities, and this means there is less need for the individual to climb off the treatment table to help his team. We need a team, not a squad.

Archived