Chesney out for a month

Dr. Bapswent

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1446690,00.html

Deividas Cesnauskis is facing another month on the sidelines after tearing a thigh muscle against Celtic last weekend.

The Lithuanian international limped off during the first half of the Tynecastle clash complaining of a problem with his left thigh, his first start of the season coming to a frustratingly early end.

Article continues

Advertisement

The winger went into hospital earlier this week and scan results have shown that he has suffered a small tear to his muscle.

He is likely to be out of action for around four weeks as he battles to recover from this latest setback.

The 27-year-old had only just returned to the first team after tearing his other thigh, that injury keep him out of action for two months.

Deividas' absence from tomorrow's clash against St Mirren means boss Csaba Laszlo will be forced to make at least two changes for the trip to Paisley.

Marius Zaliukas is suspended for the game having been sent off against Celtic, forcing a reshuffle of the backline.

Christos Karipidis is the obvious choice to slot back into the centre-half role, although the Greek star picked up a knock last weekend and has been receiving treatment this week.

"We have been a bit up and down but that is normal for a young team," said Csaba.

"We have been making too many mistakes in matches and we must try to cut that out when we play St Mirren tomorrow. We remain confident and 100 per cent we try to bring the three points back to Tynecastle."

badly drawn boy

Another 1 constant stop start , cant afford to have players like him taking decent money out the club

Contribution season in season out , not enough

Let him go

Mr Glass is out again, quell suprise.

Hopefully cheerio to Chesney now. Very little return with this player, but in all fairness, that seems to be a bit of a recurring theme at Hearts!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Empty him.

Made of glass and is doing absolutely NOTHING for the club apart from taking money.

He's an impostor.

Never scores, never creates anything tangible, always injured.

Empty him.

but to be fair, he can't score when he's injured. :)

Feel sorry for him. Must be really frustrating for him to play a game or two and then be out for ages again. if it keeps reoccuring then he will have to think quite hard about his career and if he can sustain one.

Chad Sexington
but to be fair, he can't score when he's injured. :)

Hehe.

You know what I mean cheeky. ;)

On the rare occasions that he makes an appearance for us, he contributes the square root of feck all.

He looks the part when he breaks into a run but nothing ever comes of it. He tries to beat one too many or has a woeful effort on goal.

He's wasting our time.

Guest S.U.S.S.
I wonder if he was young Scottish talent people would be saying the same?

Of course they would, what has his nationality got to do with the fact that he is always injured yet picks up a wage week in week out.

being injured he does not contribute to HMFC and therefore is simply a drain o our already strained finances.

Hehe.

You know what I mean cheeky. ;)

On the rare occasions that he makes an appearance for us, he contributes the square root of feck all.

He looks the part when he breaks into a run but nothing ever comes of it. He tries to beat one too many or has a woeful effort on goal.

He's wasting our time.

Aberdeen, down the wing cut inside, hits the post. Mole misses sitter from the chance.

He is a good player who i doubt is on a high wage.

But lets abuse him for getting injured though.

Guest JamboRobbo
I wonder if he was young Scottish talent people would be saying the same?

Amazes me that there are STILL folks on here who'll play the race card when a lithuanian player gets stick.

Are the folks who dislike Mole or Elliot racist too?

Guest S.U.S.S.
Amazes me that there are STILL folks on here who'll play the race card when a lithuanian player gets stick.

I believe its called fishing/trolling JR :)

Chad Sexington
Aberdeen, down the wing cut inside, hits the post. Mole misses sitter from the chance.

He is a good player who i doubt is on a high wage.

But lets abuse him for getting injured though.

Wow, he hit a post. Great stuff :rolleyes:

I'm not abusing him for being injured. I'm abusing him for being sheeite.

:)

I believe its called fishing/trolling JR :)

Then I should get in trouble for it huh?

Or would the fact its a genuine question mean that your talking guff?

I wasn't playing any card JR, I was asking a question. To which people replied. It amazes me that people try and interpret people posts to see them in whatever light they want and put the poster down.

Guest JamboRobbo

I wasn't playing any card JR, I was asking a question. To which people replied. It amazes me that people try and interpret people posts to see them in whatever light they want and put the poster down.

Fair enough, just seems a strange thing to say, when you know as well as anyone there are plenty scottish players who get plenty stick.

I don't think nationality comes into it. I'm a bit of a chesney fan myself, but even I have to admit he's injured way too often for us to get value for money for him.

IMO, Chesney is one of the biggest wastes of space at the club. Yes he has a reasonable amount of footballing skill but he is an absolute charlatan.

He hides in most games he plays and has been hooked before halftime more than any other Hearts player I know.

Charlie-Brown

We seem to be getting a lot of muscle tear injuries in recent times - maybe Csaba should review our fitness training & rehabilitation?

Guest JamboRobbo
IMO, Chesney is one of the biggest wastes of space at the club. Yes he has a reasonable amount of footballing skill but he is an absolute charlatan.

He hides in most games he plays and has been hooked before halftime more than any other Hearts player I know.

At the same time, when he gets a run, and is fit and on form, he's shown he has something to offer.

Admittedly, only fleetingly, but we've seen he can play at times.

Guest S.U.S.S.

If the mods agree then i would hope so.

"It amazes me that people try and interpret people posts to see them in whatever light they want and put the poster down"

Pot meet kettle!

Fair enough, just seems a strange thing to say, when you know as well as anyone there are plenty scottish players who get plenty stick.

I don't think nationality comes into it. I'm a bit of a chesney fan myself, but even I have to admit he's injured way too often for us to get value for money for him.

Yes, but some players clearly deserve the stick they get...Mole, 29, Clum...

I cant see what Chesney does wrong for him to get such stick - other than suffer injuries. I think he is a decent enough winger, who has a go at players. I think under the right circumstances he would be a very good addition to the squad.

I cant see why people dislike him so much, therefore I asked if it was because he was Lithuanian...

If the mods agree then i would hope so.

"It amazes me that people try and interpret people posts to see them in whatever light they want and put the poster down"

Pot meet kettle!

Where has all this confrontational nonsense come from?

what did I do to rattle your cage, or are you just looking for a fight over something?

i would also hope the mods are taking notice of your attitude.

He has to go - we're not a charity and he's never fit.

you could have fooled me. it has all the hallmarks of a home for injured and mentally troubled layabouts.

either that or we are due the world's supply of good luck in the future when it comes to signings and injuries and the like.

:(

Guest JamboRobbo

I cant see what Chesney does wrong for him to get such stick - other than suffer injuries. I think he is a decent enough winger, who has a go at players. I think under the right circumstances he would be a very good addition to the squad.

I cant see why people dislike him so much, therefore I asked if it was because he was Lithuanian...

Do you assume racism every time you don't understand why others think something? :P

Do you assume racism every time you don't understand why others think something? :P

When it concerns Lithuanians at Hearts...its a reasonable interpretation.

i have to say i was surprised that he started against celtic-is this injury the same as the one he had before? if so it would indicate to me he has been bought back from injury way to quickly and Csaba or VR is to blame....

Guest S.U.S.S.
Where has all this confrontational nonsense come from?

what did I do to rattle your cage, or are you just looking for a fight over something?

i would also hope the mods are taking notice of your attitude.

Confrontational?

Get a grip.

anyone not on your page is picking a fight, right then!

The mods are always watching dont you know.

Guest JamboRobbo
When it concerns Lithuanians at Hearts...its a reasonable assumption.

what a horrible way to think of your fellow fans.

I don't think we've got many racists at all in our support - just a VERY small minority.

Confrontational?

Get a grip.

anyone not on your page is picking a fight, right then!

The mods are always watching dont you know.

No, just those accusing me of trolling for no reason.

Charlie-Brown
i have to say i was surprised that he started against celtic-is this injury the same as the one he had before? if so it would indicate to me he has been bought back from injury way to quickly and Csaba or VR is to blame....

Same type of injury but opposite leg according to the report in the OP ccp.

what a horrible way to think of your fellow fans.

I don't think we've got many racists at all in our support - just a VERY small minority.

I don't consider them all under the heading of racists, that would be a sweeping generalization your making on my behalf, wouldn't it.

But I am well aware that there is a lot of Anti-Lithuanian feeling been created by past events at the club.

And some sweeping posts made about how all those Kaunas players are not good enough etc.

Therefore I think its a reasonable question, considering.

Guest JamboRobbo
I don't consider them all under the heading of racists, that would be a sweeping generalization your making on my behalf, wouldn't it.

But I am well aware that there is a lot of Anti-Lithuanian feeling been created by past events at the club.

And some sweeping posts made about how all those Kaunas players are not good enough etc.

Therefore I think its a reasonable question, considering.

Fair enough. As one who's been on the receiveing end of that stick for calling a ****e player a ****e player, I think it's way too easy a road to go down to start assuming if someone does't like a player it's cause they are anti-Lithaunian or whatever.

Same type of injury but opposite leg according to the report in the OP ccp.

ah well thats that theory debunked.

just incredibly unlucky if thats the case!

Guest S.U.S.S.
No, just those accusing me of trolling for no reason.

Awwww there there,

If im being agressive and making unfounded accusations then you just click the report button and make it all go away.

At the same time, when he gets a run, and is fit and on form, he's shown he has something to offer.

Admittedly, only fleetingly, but we've seen he can play at times.

Chesney can play football, just not in the Scottish league. He's more suited to a less physical style of game.

Fair enough. As one who's been on the receiveing end of that stick for calling a ****e player a ****e player, I think it's way too easy a road to go down to start assuming if someone does't like a player it's cause they are anti-Lithaunian or whatever.

Thats why I asked, rather than just assume.

Of course, i doubt anyone would come on here and admit it, in the same way that those who support sectarian and bigoted songs never actually come out and admit that they are bigots or support sectarianism.

But we all know its there, and im sure if he was a young Scottish lad, a few less people would be so quick to say bin him, and suggest, nurturing him a bit more and supporting him etc.

I think due to this fact he is giving more chances than others

is that fair ?

Guest JamboRobbo

But we all know its there, and im sure if he was a young Scottish lad, a few less people would be so quick to say bin him, and suggest, nurturing him a bit more and supporting him etc.

Like they do with Mole and Elliot? :P

Archived