why is mole getting a game instead of makela

Captain Price

Firstly, has Mole been on the receiving end of any boo's? I've certainly not heard any.

I know 100% that Mole hasn't been boo'ed as he's been waiting to come on as a sub so to say that Mole is receiving "exact same treatment" that Elliot got is complete and utter pish.

Secondly, how much of Makela have you seen?

Boo-boy is a figure of speech (although I heard some isolated boos when he came on against Aberdeen). He has been getting dog's abuse when playing, I don't see how that's up for debate? Mole's treatment began the same as Elliot's and has started to develop in the same way.

Secondly, I've seen enough of Makela to say with conviction that he is a woeful player. Christ, if I am to believe a few people I do believe, the game donkey was renamed in training by the players as "Juho".

Boo-boy is a figure of speech (although I heard some isolated boos when he came on against Aberdeen). He has been getting dog's abuse when playing, I don't see how that's up for debate? Mole's treatment began the same as Elliot's and has started to develop in the same way.

Secondly, I've seen enough of Makela to say with conviction that he is a woeful player. Christ, if I am to believe a few people I do believe, the game donkey was renamed in training by the players as "Juho".

What games have you seen him in that leads you to say with conviction that he is a woeful player?

I'm not really trying to pull you up about this but our current front line is simply not working. Fact. Surely trying any other striker on our books is going to be a worthwhile exercise?

Or do you think that we should just stick to our tried and tested strikeforce?

What games have you seen him in that leads you to say with conviction that he is a woeful player?

I'm not really trying to pull you up about this but our current front line is simply not working. Fact. Surely trying any other striker on our books is going to be a worthwhile exercise?

Or do you think that we should just stick to our tried and tested strikeforce?

Most of his sub appearances have been embarrassingly bad, for instance - Motherwell at the start of the season is an obvious example, but there have been a fair few. I'm not good with remembering exact games, so I'll apologise that I can't pinpoint many examples.

Of course I don't think we should stick with what we've got, because you're right, it isn't working. As I've said, I don't think Mole's ready to lead a line and should be used only when we're in a position to bring him on without putting him under pressure.

For me, it's Nade plus one with a midfield pair of Aguiar and Stewart. Long term, I hope Tullberg will prove to be first team quality, but for now I'd use Glen. Don't get me wrong, it's a disgrace that we find ourselves with so few options up front, but it would have to be a much more desperate time than this for me to bring Makela in.

Most of his sub appearances have been embarrassingly bad, for instance - Motherwell at the start of the season is an obvious example, but there have been a fair few. I'm not good with remembering exact games, so I'll apologise that I can't pinpoint many examples.

Of course I don't think we should stick with what we've got, because you're right, it isn't working. As I've said, I don't think Mole's ready to lead a line and should be used only when we're in a position to bring him on without putting him under pressure.

For me, it's Nade plus one with a midfield pair of Aguiar and Stewart. Long term, I hope Tullberg will prove to be first team quality, but for now I'd use Glen. Don't get me wrong, it's a disgrace that we find ourselves with so few options up front, but it would have to be a much more desperate time than this for me to bring Makela in.

Why Nade plus one?

It would have been hard to be crap in that team ... it was outstanding. He was OK in that period.

Nothing more than OK though.

Think that's a bit harsh, he had some excellent performances that season - the first derby, Celtic on New Year's day to name two.

His attitude and lack of talent is the reason he is now at Livi. Don't kid yourself that it's the fans fault.

I'm no Elliot fan, but I think the fans' treatment was a major contributory factor in him going from decent squad player to nightmare within a year and a half. His form since leaving us does back that up. You're right about him having a hellish attitude, though.

Moles attitude is excellent, he just has no talent.

Again, a bit harsh. If he was being used as a kid with his experience should be, as a sub in games that are already won, it wouldn't even be an issue. It's because management (whoever that may be) decided it was a good idea to go into the season with 2 injured senior strikers and bugger all else, piling the pressure on Mole when he clearly wasn't ready - and ESPECIALLY playing him up front on his own.

Even with his goals per game stats?

Exactly why I'd play a finisher such as Glen with him to balance it. I think Nade has the touch and ability to link up, but has generally played on his own up front and looked a little isolated - having to drop deep and push out wide for the ball.

I think he's more than capable of 15 goals a season, but could create at least the same again.

Also bear in mind just how offensively unfit he was last season.

Guest JamboRobbo

And thats how others feel about Mole. whats the difference between saying that about Mole, or saying that about Makela? :)

And thats how others feel about Mole. whats the difference between saying that about Mole, or saying that about Makela? :)

A) Makela's in his mid-20s, whereas Mole is a raw youngster with very little first team experience anywhere. Young players should be cut more slack - especially when horsed up front on their own every week with only Ksanabloodyvicius for company.

B) No-one is clamouring for Mole to be given a run in the team, unlike Makela.

C) I'm right. :P

I just think that Mole's been given some rough treatment this season, by mainly Hearts, but also the fans.

He should never have been put in the position by Hearts where he was the only fit forward at the club at the start of the season, and the fans shouldn't have been so hard on him when he was given such an absolutely thankless (and near-impossible) task.

Guest JamboRobbo
A) Makela's in his mid-20s, whereas Mole is a raw youngster with very little first team experience anywhere. Young players should be cut more slack - especially when horsed up front on their own every week with only Ksanabloodyvicius for company.

Fair enough. :)

I just think that Mole's been given some rough treatment this season, by mainly Hearts, but also the fans.

He should never have been put in the position by Hearts where he was the only fit forward at the club at the start of the season, and the fans shouldn't have been so hard on him when he was given such an absolutely thankless (and near-impossible) task.

I wouldn't argue too much with that.

Not at the Motherwell game then?

ye he was at the game one bad touch doesna make him a bad player , far better thatn Mole

The OP has written Banderson's lead story for tomorrow........ Jamie Mole is a better player than Makela in my opinion.

both are crap but Makela shoudl get a go as Mole is just utter pesh

Exactly why I'd play a finisher such as Glen with him to balance it. I think Nade has the touch and ability to link up, but has generally played on his own up front and looked a little isolated - having to drop deep and push out wide for the ball.

I think he's more than capable of 15 goals a season, but could create at least the same again.

Also bear in mind just how offensively unfit he was last season.

He's only scored 15 goals in his entire career ,that is over 115 games,he aint no striker mate.

He's only scored 15 goals in his entire career ,that is over 115 games,he aint no striker mate.

He's never been a week-in, week-out player before, something I think he should be at Hearts. Plus, he's not playing in the superior French or English leagues anymore. It's easier to score goals in the SPL.

Also, a lot of those 115 or so appearances were made as a real youngster - he was 21 when he signed for Sheffield United and had made more than half of them by then - and so I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a bit more from a striker as they develop and gain experience.

Maybe I should have said between 10 and 15 goals in a season to cover myself, and obviously your facts carry more weight than my opinion, but I still think he has it in him.

When you say he's not a striker; do you think he is a player, just not a goalscorer, or do you not rate him at all?

He's never been a week-in, week-out player before, something I think he should be at Hearts. Plus, he's not playing in the superior French or English leagues anymore. It's easier to score goals in the SPL.

Also, a lot of those 115 or so appearances were made as a real youngster - he was 21 when he signed for Sheffield United and had made more than half of them by then - and so I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a bit more from a striker as they develop and gain experience.

Maybe I should have said between 10 and 15 goals in a season to cover myself, and obviously your facts carry more weight than my opinion, but I still think he has it in him.

When you say he's not a striker; do you think he is a player, just not a goalscorer, or do you not rate him at all?

TBH I never have rated him,he's 24 almost at his peak,you can't call him a young lad anymore,for me he doesn't get into those positions in the box the way strikers do,they take a chance and make sure that the ball is in the net however it happens,Velica had that quality,Nade IMO doesn't,and I would hazard a guess that(and in no way do I rate him either)Makela must have been the same at some stage,he does have quite an impressive goals to games ratio,89 in 170 games.

well he has had quite a bit of first team experience, two years ago he was, albeit thrown in at the deep end, playing in europe, then he went out on loan at QOS and now he's more often than not played in the first quarter of the season.

I think he's destined to go the same way as elliot, alrite he tries a hell of a lot harder than clum but at the end of the day he's just not good enough.

don't understand why people back up players over their work rate, put me in a hearts shirt and i'll try my baws off...end of the day i'm still a s*ite player.

well he has had quite a bit of first team experience, two years ago he was, albeit thrown in at the deep end, playing in europe, then he went out on loan at QOS and now he's more often than not played in the first quarter of the season.

I think he's destined to go the same way as elliot, alrite he tries a hell of a lot harder than clum but at the end of the day he's just not good enough.

don't understand why people back up players over their work rate, put me in a hearts shirt and i'll try my baws off...end of the day i'm still a s*ite player.

I wouldn't call being punted up front on your own in Athens useful experience to be honest, and he only made a handful of appearances for QotS (2 starts and 6 subs). By the Hearts website, he's made about 30 starts in his entire career, a third of which were in Division 1.

I just don't think it's fair to write off someone who's just turned 20 and made so few appearances. How many of his appearances for Hearts have been under ridiculous circumstances? It's no way to develop talent. Jamie Mole has been a good player at reserve and under-19 level, and I just think it's harsh to throw him on the scrapheap when, as you say, he's been thrown in at the deep end.

As for your last point, I agree. I just don't think Mole is a sh*te player.

TBH I never have rated him,he's 24 almost at his peak,you can't call him a young lad anymore,for me he doesn't get into those positions in the box the way strikers do,they take a chance and make sure that the ball is in the net however it happens,Velica had that quality,Nade IMO doesn't,and I would hazard a guess that(and in no way do I rate him either)Makela must have been the same at some stage,he does have quite an impressive goals to games ratio,89 in 170 games.

Fair enough. As I say, don't think he's a goalscorer and would need one to play off, but think he could link the play up for us and be a key player - while chipping in with a decent amount of goals.

I think big Nads causes havoc when he gets going. Getting him going being the hard part...:rolleyes:

Captain Lithuania
We play with one up top, there is no way Juho can play that role.

Some would argue that Mole cant either...

That's the problem though.

Archived