Would you accept Robinson back...

Jambotommy

I'm not defending Vlad, just saying that Robinson is the root cause of all the current problems and is still here.

As far as the debt spiralling out of control, I believe it is currently under ?20m following Vlad's converting debt to equity.

Where are these published accounts stating this?

This is a figure thrown about on here with people plucking transfer fees out the air and subtracting figures from the equity shares. We are leaking money on a huge scales. We are only as strong as our last financial reports - and they were hugely alarming.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could you imagine Csaba being given even 50k from Vlad in today's climate? I think he'd get a nice import from Kaunas instead.

I'll take your word for the 98 goings on I was 12.

He signed Lee Makel in the end.

Robinson backed the manager at the wrong time and when JJ was given money he squandered much of it on poor signings.

Vlad chose to give the manager players that he thought were good enough to get the job done - which they were not.

Either way it does not really matter what happened in 98 or 05/06 as in the present climate it would be mad to even contemplate Robinson coming in to buy out Vlad.

He does not have the cash or the resources to get the cash and he would not be allowed back by the fans of this club.

We may not be able to force Romanov out but I am certain we could prevent the Pieman from taking back over.

Jam Tarts 1874
All I can see is us being allowed to borrow more and more without ever going to be able to generate the money to pay it back.

What are your accountancy qualifications?

Yes, Hearts are borrowing more and more! :rolleyes:

Get a grip son, otherwise I will just embarrass you!

Jam Tarts 1874
Where are these published accounts stating this?

This is a figure thrown about on here with people plucking transfer fees out the air and subtracting figures from the equity shares. We are leaking money on a huge scales. We are only as strong as our last financial reports - and they were hugely alarming.

Seriously son, you are just making yourself look stupid. The next set of accounts are due to be published on 28.2.09. These accounts will show the transactions and position to the end of Hearts' financial year 31.7.08. If you had any interest in Hearts you would know which major transactions have taken place during the period 31.7.07. to 31.7.08. and therefore would not be making such imbecilic statements!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
...if he were to buy out Romanov ??? :eek:

I would. :o

This could be an interesting thread...

(stands back as I light the fuse)

:)

If you're on the wind-up then :hobofish:

If you're serious then absolutely no fecking way

If you're on the wind-up then :hobofish:

Yeah, I'm a hobo...:rolleyes3:

I remember a thread along these lines a year or so ago.

I was just wanting to see how/if feelings have changed in more recent times.

Ok, Robinson wasn't my favourite person...but I'll give him this...HE NEVER HID, he took a punch or two along the way...and he put MUCH more of his own money in than he EVER got back.

Anyway, its all hypothetical, as most of us know, he couldn't afford to as the debt is now at super serious levels.

I probably should have asked this...Do you wish we went with the Murrayfield option at the time ?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Ok, Robinson wasn't my favourite person...but I'll give him this...HE NEVER HID, he took a punch or two along the way...and he put MUCH more of his own money in than he EVER got back.

Anyway, its all hypothetical, as most of us know, he couldn't afford to as the debt is now at super serious levels.

I probably should have asked this...Do you wish we went with the Murrayfield option at the time ?

No, for the simple reason that we'd have sold our only truly valuable asset.

No, for the simple reason that we'd have sold our only truly valuable asset.

I agree, but looking at things now, in the current financial climate, if we were to go tits up, then wouldn't tynie be the first thing thats ripped from us ?

I'm no expert, but surely to recover monies owed, then our main asset would be the first victim ?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
I agree, but looking at things now, in the current financial climate, if we were to go tits up, then wouldn't tynie be the first thing thats ripped from us ?

I'm no expert, but surely to recover monies owed, then our main asset would be the first victim ?

Definitely, but you only want that to happen as a last resort. If things got so bad that the stadium was being sold to raise money and pay off debts (as seemed to be the case under CPR) then the club would be on its last legs.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Leaving aside everything else, Robinson would never have the wealth to buy out Romanov.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Would you accept Robinson back...

Not even going to submit an opinion on this thread.....just in case I get into trouble.

Im with you on this one, my thoughts on him get me an infraction every time.

Romanov is an idiot who runs the club like a personal fiefdom and has made far more bad decisions than good ones.

However, without Robinson's absolutely monumental mismanagement of the club's finances during his tenure, we wouldn't have had to get the begging bowl out to whoever was available. So not only was he useless in his time here, it's his fault we're stuck with Vlad in the first place.

I would be happy if Robinson was banned for life from Tynecastle, never mind having him back in charge.

no danger

Guest JamboRobbo

A lot of people seemingly putting their hatred for pieman ahead of their love of HMFC. Personally, having seen what Romanov has done to our club, I have to say I'd be happier with the lesser of the two evils - pieman back.

A lot of people seemingly putting their hatred for pieman ahead of their love of HMFC. Personally, having seen what Romanov has done to our club, I have to say I'd be happier with pieman back.

:laugh:

Are you all there? :mad:

And yes you have got the attention you were craving by starting such a foolish and childish nonsensical thread:mad:

Please feel free to abandon Hearts and follow another team:hobofish:

MacDonald Jardine

Did he?

How much did he pay for his interest and what did he sell for?

How much of his own money did he actually put in?

Are you factoring in the CE salary he paid himself for years of incompetence?

A lot of people seemingly putting their hatred for pieman ahead of their love of HMFC. Personally, having seen what Romanov has done to our club, I have to say I'd be happier with the lesser of the two evils - pieman back.

come on man. Without Robinson's incompetence, there is no Romanov. I blame Robinson 100% for the fact we had to be bailed out by Vlad.

Robinson back should not, ever, be on the agenda.

This is old ground.... but...

Robinson's two biggest failings in my book were:

1. Not being strong enough to say no to Jeffries. The stupid money that was shelled out on the likes of Petric was done by Jeffries... Robinson had final say as the guy in charge... but he trusted Jeffries too much (he wasn't always told the whole truth about what had been agreed)

2. Being crap at PR. He dug himself deeper and deeper with the fans by having no clear communication plan.

On the positive side, he did care about the club. He still does.

Neither are brilliant options, but I would personally choose Robinson over Romanov every single time.

Guest JamboRobbo
come on man. Without Robinson's incompetence, there is no Romanov.

Agreed. But that doesn't mean that Romanov is the way forward.

I blame Robinson 100% for the fact we had to be bailed out by Vlad.

Robinson back should not, ever, be on the agenda.

I wouldn't rule anyone in or out. Wouldn't be my first choice, would be close to my last choice, but I won't let hatred of one pieman blind me from what Romanov is CURRENTLY doing to our club.

Agreed. But that doesn't mean that Romanov is the way forward.

We're not disagreeing on that point!

I wouldn't rule anyone in or out. Wouldn't be my first choice, would be close to my last choice, but I won't let hatred of one pieman blind me from what Romanov is CURRENTLY doing to our club.

I don't hate Robinson, I genuinely think he only wanted to sell Tynecastle due to it being his only choice. But it was his absolutely useless management of the finances that got us in that position, so no thanks to ever having him back unless he has magiced up ?300m and a Masters degree in Economic management.

Are you all there? :mad:

And yes you have got the attention you were craving by starting such a foolish and childish nonsensical thread:mad:

Please feel free to abandon Hearts and follow another team:hobofish:

Seriously mate...take a chill pill.

No need for that whatsoever.

and he would take this club forward

Yes, Hearts are borrowing more and more! :rolleyes:

Get a grip son, otherwise I will just embarrass you!

So this new stand and all its accessories are being paid for with money we have there? Or is it out Vlad's own pocket and is a gift?

Seriously son, you are just making yourself look stupid. The next set of accounts are due to be published on 28.2.09. These accounts will show the transactions and position to the end of Hearts' financial year 31.7.08. If you had any interest in Hearts you would know which major transactions have taken place during the period 31.7.07. to 31.7.08. and therefore would not be making such imbecilic statements!

Well come back then and we'll talk.

Bit of a silly thread really.

A bit like asking would you rather die by being thrown in a pot of burning oil or die by being thrown in a pot of burning petrol.

Neither option good, but same net result:eek:

Romanov has invested money from the company in which he is the major shareholder. Do you think any other individual or institution would have invested anywhere near the same amount of money?

"continuing to spiral out of control" Yes, you really do know what is going on at Hearts! :rolleyes:

Maybe this is why you are so convinced of the Romanov way

Romanov has invested feck all of his money.

Romanov initially bought shares which were promptly bumped on to UBIG - personal time invested by Romanov but no personal cash

We are due a debt to UKIO, the overdraft of which was increased by all accounts to ?40m. So none of the huge amount of money we pished up against the big wall was Vlad's money either

Recently money which Hearts owed to UKIO was switched to become money that UBIG owed to UKIO. Again no personal money whatsoever

So in short, Romanov has invested sod all of his own money in the club. He did, initially, invest some of his time, but only really when he was getting wee semi at the adulation, and around 16000 numbnuts - myself included - singing the cretins name.

He did facilitate the extension of credit by the club though - but then the club (and not him) have had / will have to pay it all back. Whoopee.

All that aside though - I presume the fact that Romanov has not sunk a penny of his own money in the club wont change your slant but just wanted to help in setting the record straight

Maybe this is why you are so convinced of the Romanov way

Romanov has invested feck all of his money.

Romanov initially bought shares which were promptly bumped on to UBIG - personal time invested by Romanov but no personal cash

We are due a debt to UKIO, the overdraft of which was increased by all accounts to ?40m. So none of the huge amount of money we pished up against the big wall was Vlad's money either

Recently money which Hearts owed to UKIO was switched to become money that UBIG owed to UKIO. Again no personal money whatsoever

So in short, Romanov has invested sod all of his own money in the club. He did, initially, invest some of his time, but only really when he was getting wee semi at the adulation, and around 16000 numbnuts - myself included - singing the cretins name.

He did facilitate the extension of credit by the club though - but then the club (and not him) have had / will have to pay it all back. Whoopee.

All that aside though - I presume the fact that Romanov has not sunk a penny of his own money in the club wont change your slant but just wanted to help in setting the record straight

Well said mate.

Even to this day there still seems to be those around us who cannot see what Romanov is really all about.

I wouldn't really say I'm a hat kicker or a Vladsheep.

I'm somewhere in between...a Vladkicker.

:(

I'm tempted to go all Barley-Crown and suggest it would never happen therefore its pointless commenting on the hypothetical situation.

But that would be a cop out

Its actually an interesting question that deserves more than just the obvious "Not on your nelly" response.

In my mind I have never been so angered, frustrated, embarrassed, hurt and fearful in respect of my emotions surrounding Hearts as I have under Romanov.

I have never seen the ritual smearing and plain lies told of so many ex-employees who, to varying degrees contributed positively to the club in their time with us.

That said, I have never quite felt like I did when the second goal went in against Celtic on NYD.

However, I was too young and too removed from Edinburgh to have attended the games in 85-86 and I'd have imagined the feelings were even better that season.

So the high feelings have been replicated in the past amongst our support but I doubt very much that the lows we have all felt and the feeling of abject despair, and feeling of apathy over what is a large part of all of our lives has ever been quite as deep and prolonged.

Relegation? OK, fair enough, but nearly always followed by the high of things getting better, things having bottomed.

Thats one problem I have with Romanov - the deep down feeling that things have not yet got as bad as they might under him, that we havent bottomed, and that there remains no obvious overt plan to show we are improving and show things are all well.

I certainly didnt have the extreme emotions with Robinson - although there was the high of the cup win.

I didnt, and still dont, think that a move from Tynecastle would kill Hearts - I know many disagree.

I think, put very simply, that Robinson was bad, but Romanov has been, and will continue to be much worse. Robinson was predictable, Romanov is the complete opposite. Robinson is accountable due to his proximity to the club, Romanov is invisible.

I dont want Robinson back but I would rather him than Romanov. It is certainly the lesser of two evils option. Kind of a Sophie's choice scenario.....

Guest JamboRobbo
you doubt it but would still take him back :mad:

yep. lesser of two evils IMO. Cause I know for sure what Romanov is doing. Killing the club every day

yep. lesser of two evils IMO. Cause I know for sure what Romanov is doing. Killing the club every day

so you come on a forum and still do nothing about it .

Seymour M Hersh

Never ever would I accept that piece of poop back to the club in any formal role. Apparently there is nothing we can do about his lifelong freebie in the DB!:mad:

Guest JamboRobbo
so you come on a forum and still do nothing about it .

what exctly do you expect me to do? Fly over to Kaunus and shoot Vlad? Force him to sell up? Go and chuck bricks at a bus or stand outside his hoose?

Do you think we have problems at the club right now? If so, what are you doing about them?

Hell will freeze over before the pie man gets his greasy hands on the club again, he made a fortune out of the club the last time he was here.:mad:

what exctly do you expect me to do? Fly over to Kaunus and shoot Vlad? Force him to sell up? Go and chuck bricks at a bus or stand outside his hoose?

Do you think we have problems at the club right now? If so, what are you doing about them?

you know for sure ...get of the forum and do something about but as normal you want others to do it for you . ps is your hate for vlad greater than your love of HMFC

Guest JamboRobbo
you know for sure ...get of the forum and do something about but as normal you want others to do it for you . ps is your hate for vlad greater than your love of HMFC

good avoiding answering the question. So you're just giving an opinion on a forum, the same as me, and doing nothing about it also.

And, no, I don't even hate Vlad, just as I don't hate pieman. I just saw Pieman destroying my football club, so I did my bit to change that. Now I see Vlad destroying the football club I support, so as a supporter, I've said I'd be happy for anyone, even pieman, to take over.

No hatred, unlike many on this thread who seem incapable of talking rationally when it comes to pieman, and seem to put their hatred of him ahead of any love for HMFC.

good avoiding answering the question. So you're just giving an opinion on a forum, the same as me, and doing nothing about it also.

And, no, I don't even hate Vlad, just as I don't hate pieman. I just saw Pieman destroying my football club, so I did my bit to change that. Now I see Vlad destroying the football club I support, so as a supporter, I've said I'd be happy for anyone, even pieman, to take over.

No hatred, unlike many on this thread who seem incapable of talking rationally when it comes to pieman, and seem to put their hatred of him ahead of any love for HMFC.

if every body who said they did there bit done a bit things might be a bit better

Guest JamboRobbo
if every body who said they did there bit done a bit things might be a bit better

Are you trying to imply I didn't do my bit?

What did you do exactly? Let me guess, you were one of the four or five who single handedly saved our club.

Guest JamboRobbo
i dont know what did you do and what are you doing now

you either implying it or you're not. As I was living in London, I wasn't actively involved. I donated 500 pounds and I flew up specially for the march.

you either implying it or you're not. As I was living in London, I wasn't actively involved. I donated 500 pounds and I flew up specially for the march.

More than done your bit, JR.

Archived