Balogh today

Jamboy81

winston churchill
Why is it you only post negative shet, and only ever after a loss? How can he possibly be blamed for either goal today? The first was a good punch which unfortunately fell to the wrong guy. The second was after a good save, and was handball anyway, the defence was to blame for that one, not balogh.

because he is a hobo wind up merchant that has a free hand on here.

No he didn't. If someone had shut Maloney down, he wouldn't have scored. If teh linesman noticed Caldwell used arm, he wouldn't have scored. It is all if's and but's but no way was defeat down to Balloch.

We got lucky with Gordon and thefact for a few years, we had an exceptional keeper, but he has left and we will have to get on with what we have.

Sorry but any goal keeping coach (and I know a few from personal experience including the ones at Hearts academy) would tell you a Goalie has to catch the ball END OF!

He was under no pressure and should have caught the ball, yes our defence slept after the punch, but he has to take responsibility for the goal!

Generic Username

Why is this little Hobo ***** hair still on this board?

Wins and draws, no where to be seem but the second we get beat he's on here with a hard-on and doing his best to whip us into a frenzy.

3 words;

Get

Him

Binned

Wins and draws, no where to be seem but the second we get beat he's on here with a hard-on and doing his best to whip us into a frenzy.

3 words;

Get

Him

Binned

Couldn't agree more.

If he's coming to get a ball on the edge of the 18 yard box he has to collect, if he isn't collecting he should stay on his line.

You can't come out that far and punch and leave the goal wide open, imo.

i think you'll find keepers throughout europe coming out to punch crosses clear. that was a bit of a freak goal, it went straight to maloney and he would score about 1 in 10 from there... at best.

no fault for balogh for that goal.

oh hang on, banks would have saved it... sorry superbanks.

Chad Sexington

3 words;

Get

Him

Binned

Where do I sign?

:bravo:

can't see how you can say the first was a good punch? he should never have came and when he did and punched with both hands he's either got to catch it or punch it to either side

He was stretching over the top of a group of players, pretty hard to catch it cleanly or direct it properly, he did what most goalies would have done in the same circumstances, just a shame that Maloney hit the shot of his life. How many times have we seen speculative efforts like that end up in row Z, bit of a feak goal I thought, not Balogh's fault.

Generic Username
Couldn't agree more.

How he's been getting away with it for so long is a complete mystery.

I remember the thread on the old forum where he blatantly came out with being a Hobo and nout got done about it and here we are a good year or two down the line and it's still going on.

Stick the forum rules up your hole with this lad, just get shot of him.

Guest jambomickey
He was stretching over the top of a group of players, pretty hard to catch it cleanly or direct it properly, he did what most goalies would have done in the same circumstances, just a shame that Maloney hit the shot of his life. How many times have we seen speculative efforts like that end up in row Z, bit of a feak goal I thought, not Balogh's fault.

agree to disagree mate!

Where do I sign?

:bravo:

Can I borrow your pen when you are done?

My reaction was that he couldn't have caught the ball and got reasonable distance on the punch. Just unlucky it fell to Maloney.

Why couldn't he have caught it? Unless he was worried about going out of his area...He left himself in No Man's Land after a punch that went straight out in front of his goal to an area where Celtic always have players - ever notice how they totally control the pitch about 20-25 yards from the opposition's goal?. I think it was a shocker...

Paisley Jambo

I was critical of him after last week against Aberdeen and rated him as an accident waiting to happen.

After today's match he has reassured me slightly and now I realise that I may have been a bit harsh.

Give him a run of games and he could be an asset.

jack D and coke

Thought he was excellent. Made a great save before the 2nd goal before caldwell handled it before scoring. No fault whatsoever for the result. One of our more decent players.

I wasn't at the game, but Craig Levein on BBC Radio raved about his save that led to the second goal.

Levein stated that he had no idea how Balogh got to the ball as he thought it was in all the way.

I cannot add to this debate though, I have not seen the highlights yet, I just wanted to put this in there for those at the game.

Why couldn't he have caught it? Unless he was worried about going out of his area...He left himself in No Man's Land after a punch that went straight out in front of his goal to an area where Celtic always have players - ever notice how they totally control the pitch about 20-25 yards from the opposition's goal?. I think it was a shocker...

He would have had to catch it on top of the 2 players in front of him. Punch was the right decision in my opinion.

As for the hole in front of the defence - Karipidis has been impersonating a midfield player all season - we need a Brellier back.

Going by all the replies to this thread I must be in the minority but I cannot see what Kello has done wrong aside from his kicking going to pot.

I cant think of a goal he lost when in that you could say he was badly at fault with.

Yesterday I though Balogh should and could have caught the ball in for the first and that part of the game is what I have been most impressed with kello at. He does come for balls and catches and dare I say it in that area alone he is more commanding than even Craig Gordon.

Once he dicided to punch he could have punched it into a wide area fairly easily also but for me was the time between going down and getting back up. He was still on his knees when Maloneys shot sailed over him. Might be a bit harsh as Maloney showed great anticipation but it was a very preventable goal. I also dont think he was over worked yesterday as on another Celtic could have threw the kitchen sink at us. Was Kello injured still? as Jamie was on the bench.

I was surprised at the poll on this last week as something like 70% had gone for Balogh but for me still Kello.

alwaysthereinspirit
Not sure if I should 'dignify this thread with a reply', but I didn't think he was to blame for either goal today.

Agreed. Punched it well and far before the first and made a good save with the header before the second goal.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
He was at fault for both goals! The first one he punched straight out into the danger area and the second one he stood rooted to the spot while the ball dropped in the 6 yard box. As well as that his kicking is pish and he seems to fumble the ball an awful lot. Remind me again why we dropped the steady, reliable Steve Banks?

Ban-Watch_It.jpg

I thought he was a wee bit unlucky that Maloney produced such a suberb finish. The second goal was just a blur to me now but I think two or three of our players failed to cover themselves in glory.

I'd still give him a run in the team.

The bigger picture is though that Janos' performance wasn't what made me leave the ground feeling utterly depressed about Hearts.

Buffalo Bill

I have just watched the incident again and in my opinion the choice to punch was not a bad choice.

Maloney was behind a hearts player when the punch happened and moved in field and anticipated the punch. He got lucky and struck the ball on the volley.

It was a truly world class strike. If Rooney or Berbatov hit the ball like that the press would be creaming themselves over it.

he made a decent punch, unluckily it fell straight to maloney.

however as he tried to get up to save the shot, mcmanus held him down.

the second was a clear handball.

admittedly celtic were better, but the keeper wasn't to blame.

at the end of the day though, i prefer kello. he commands the box better than any hearts keeper for a while. is it a mandatory 2 weeks rest for a concussion? hopefully he will be back inbetween the sticks next week

If he can get 2 hands on to it to punch he could use his hands like proper goalies do and catch it!

Make no question about it he sold the first goal!

Although he made a decent attempt to keep out the second, if he commanded his box, he woukld have come and claimed the corner at the forst attemt.

We were shocking today, but the keeper sold the jesrsy's!

cannae be bothered going through the rest of the thread but i've completely changed my mind about whether the keeper sold the jerseys. Yesterday, I firmly believed that it was his errors that cost us the goals. Having seen them on the Tele, the first was a spectacular finish from Maloney after a decent punch out, and the second a foul by Caldwell after a very good save. :o

I have just watched the incident again and in my opinion the choice to punch was not a bad choice.

Maloney was behind a hearts player when the punch happened and moved in field and anticipated the punch. He got lucky and struck the ball on the volley.

Agreed, just watched it on BBC highlights and have to say it doesnt look half as bad as it did from the main stand at the time. Balogh had to stretch over a couple of players and got a reasonable punch on it, unfortunate that Maloney got to it immediately and was able to it smack it in :(

Are more goals scored as a result of fumbled attempts to catch cross balls or from 30 yard strikes into the net after a decent punch?

winston churchill
Agreed, just watched it on BBC highlights and have to say it doesnt look half as bad as it did from the main stand at the time. Balogh had to stretch over a couple of players and got a reasonable punch on it, unfortunate that Maloney got to it immediately and was able to it smack it in :(

as i said last night.

chez stood and watched as maloney burst the net.

Balogh does not fill me with confidence to be honest. But to be fair half the teams makes me feel the same.

Still not so sure he needed to come Gambo. Although he is very unfortunate that his long punch landed perfect for Maloney to finish it of with almost ease.

Cracking strike it was.

It was indeed and Balogh was so unfortunate it fell to Maloney as he was one of the few on the field with the skill to put it in the net. If it had gone to Mcmanus or Caldwell it would have ended up in Gorgie road.

What else could he have done?

He got a good punch on it, it was a good goal..

He could and some would argue should have caught the ball, he had the height advantage and he could also have punched the ball towards one of the wings rather than straight in front of goal.

It was a great strike from Maloney but he was given time to strike the ball un-challenged by any Hearts player.

The whole thing stemmed from a reckless and needless foul by Stewart from the back on Robson resulting in the free-kick which Balogh punched.

Not at fault at all for the first goal. Had he attempted to catch the ball the way he was extending his body his hands would have came down directly on the heads of body of players in front of him which could have resulted in a spill. Had he maanged to hold onto the ball it could have been an outstanding grab. Having chosen what I believe was the safe option and punched the ball he got as much distance as you can expect from him. He was just unlucky the ball fell to Shaun Maloney to smash on the half volley.

I know supporters always want to blame players for goals lost but I just think this was bad luck, being beaten by a genuinely quality goal.

HOWEVER, I certainly agree with some posters that I don't think he looks too assured overall and I was also questioning his decision not to come and try and collect Hartley's corner. As stated, the ball dropped in (or very close to) the six yard box.

We currently have another keeper who doesn't look a bad shot stopper but certainly looks a lot better handling the ball and coming for crosses and collecting. I say put him back in goal.

Assuming he has got his bottle back after the Hibs game?

Not at fault at all for the first goal. Had he attempted to catch the ball the way he was extending his body his hands would have came down directly on the heads of body of players in front of him which could have resulted in a spill. Had he maanged to hold onto the ball it could have been an outstanding grab. Having chosen what I believe was the safe option and punched the ball he got as much distance as you can expect from him. He was just unlucky the ball fell to Shaun Maloney to smash on the half volley.

I know supporters always want to blame players for goals lost but I just think this was bad luck, being beaten by a genuinely quality goal.

HOWEVER, I certainly agree with some posters that I don't think he looks too assured overall and I was also questioning his decision not to come and try and collect Hartley's corner. As stated, the ball dropped in (or very close to) the six yard box.

We currently have another keeper who doesn't look a bad shot stopper but certainly looks a lot better handling the ball and coming for crosses and collecting. I say put him back in goal.

Assuming he has got his bottle back after the Hibs game?

TBF, you could say the concussion was part of the reason he let the ball slip under his foot.

Kicking the ball straight at Riordan was probably more to do with him ****ting himself. :o

Having not seen the highlights yet I thought he would have been able to catch the first cross. If he wasn't going to catch it he should have stayed on his line cos it was no closer than the penalty spot and there were a few heads going up for it so little chance of a goal scoring header IMO.

The second I agree with ForresterJambo that the ball dropped in or around the 6 yard box and that should be his.

So yeah, he's at least partly to blame for both goals for me.

As I've said though, not watched the highlights so may be back in 5 mins to apologise to Balogh!

Edit:

Watched highlights, although Maloney's strike was a lot better than it looked at the time I still think Balogh didn't need to come for it.

The second there was a header in the 6 yard box which could have gone anywhere so benefit of the doubt about that one. Plus it was a handball.

Looks quite a prospect.

He had little to do on Sunday except pick the ball out the net.

However, when called upon he looked the part.

Two good saves that unfortunately led to goals.

he was to blame for the first imo!

no he wasna it was a good punch out just that the return was kept very low

why were there no defenders in front to get rid of the ball ????

Archived