Balogh today

Jamboy81

Guest jambomickey
Not sure if I should 'dignify this thread with a reply', but I didn't think he was to blame for either goal today.

he was to blame for the first imo!

My reaction was that he couldn't have caught the ball and got reasonable distance on the punch. Just unlucky it fell to Maloney.

Thought he had made a cracking save just before Caldwell scored although have not seen it on the TV.

Was unfortunate that his punch landed right at Maloney, he got height and distance on it and it was a top, top finish.

I thought he was solid.

I don't think you can really point the finger at any Hearts player for Celtic's first. It was a pretty good punch; sometimes you just have to accept a moment of class and Maloney's finish was, sadly, sublime.

Tyrion Lannister

What else could he have done?

He got a good punch on it, it was a good goal..

Not sure if I should 'dignify this thread with a reply', but I didn't think he was to blame for either goal today.

He was at fault for both goals! The first one he punched straight out into the danger area and the second one he stood rooted to the spot while the ball dropped in the 6 yard box. As well as that his kicking is pish and he seems to fumble the ball an awful lot. Remind me again why we dropped the steady, reliable Steve Banks?

No way. He couldn't have held it imo, was just unfortuante it landed at Maloney.

Malcolm Tucker

Oh dear, Hand of Turd strikes again with another shocking and 'sarcastic' post.

As Acey said, GTF man.

Looks quite a prospect.

:hobofish:

Why haven't the mods emptied you before now?

He is certainly better than MaKalamity.

Never post on a positive thread, always post negatively after a defeat or when things are going pear shaped.

boabyarsebiscuit
He was at fault for both goals! The first one he punched straight out into the danger area and the second one he stood rooted to the spot while the ball dropped in the 6 yard box. As well as that his kicking is pish and he seems to fumble the ball an awful lot. Remind me again why we dropped the steady, reliable Steve Banks?

Steve Banks was a traitor who was harming the club every day? Something like that?

Thought he was to blame for the first he should have been coming out catching that.He is a goalkeeper ffs.The second as has been said he let the ball drop in the 6 yard box.He dropped a ball last week as well and done the same against the hobos.Kicking not great either.

I have posted threads suggesting that signing the extra 2 goalies and goalie coach at a time when we had 4 keepers with first team squad experience available was not the most sensible of strategies.

Nor do I think Balogh looks anything special.

But he wasn't our worst player today, and didn't cost us the game.

Malcolm Tucker
if he was going to punch it then punch it either side not straight out! and it was a sissy punch

Bulls***.

He got good connection on it and it fell incredibly kindly to Maloney.

And for the second, he made an incredible save initially then McDonald and Caldwell did their best Harlem Globetrotter's impression to score.

The only thing is his afternoon that I question was the need to come for the cross which ended with the Maloney strike.

Tyrion Lannister

No he wasn't, he was pretty solid today.

The danger area was the box. He got a good length, height and direction on the punch away from this area which unfortunately was met by Maloney with a world class strike.

Steve Banks was a traitor who was harming the club every day? Something like that?

Its utter madness. We have a keeper who never made a mistake in 3 years, and we get rid of him and replace him with 3 clowns (Basso, Balogh and Kello) who seem to make a mistake every time they play.

Its utter madness. We have a keeper who never made a mistake in 3 years, and we get rid of him and replace him with 3 clowns (Basso, Balogh and Kello) who seem to make a mistake every time they play.

Banks was average. No better.

Kello is definitely better, and Balogh looks to be better. I'll give you Basso, though.

Hows the Bebo page coming along HOG?

Stil dont like sharks? Or was it you do like sharks? Its been a while since I looked at it.

No he wasn't, he was pretty solid today.

The danger area was the box. He got a good length, height and direction on the punch away from this area which unfortunately was met by Maloney with a world class strike.

You can't just punch the ball out into the middle of the park 30 yards out. Thats not good goalkeeping! Punch it to the halfway line to give you time to get back in your goal. Punch it out for a throw in. Do not tee it up for someone to knock it into the empty net when your left standing in the D like a f-nny.

boabyarsebiscuit

Kello is definitely better, and Balogh looks to be better. I'll give you Basso, though.

Tattyfilarious!

Funniest post I've read in years.

Thanks for cheering me up.

Guest jambomickey
Bulls***.

He got good connection on it and it fell incredibly kindly to Maloney.

And for the second, he made an incredible save initially then McDonald and Caldwell did their best Harlem Globetrotter's impression to score.

bull sheet! imo he was 100% to blame, he didn't need to come out but having done so he needed to punch the ball either side and a much better punch

In what way are any of these keepers better than Banks? Assuming the objective is to stop the other team scoring.

In what way are any of these keepers better than Banks? Assuming the objective is to stop the other team scoring.

Oh dear. :rolleyes:

What a completely irrelevant reply aimed to provoke a response.

:troll:

Tyrion Lannister
You can't just punch the ball out into the middle of the park 30 yards out. Thats not good goalkeeping! Punch it to the halfway line to give you time to get back in your goal. Punch it out for a throw in. Do not tee it up for someone to knock it into the empty net when your left standing in the D like a f-nny.

There was me thinking a thirty-yard punch was really quite far, but not for us hearts fans with our high expectations of our super-human goalkeepers.

If you have ever seen a keeper punch the ball to the halfway line from his six yard line please do inform me, as I have yet to, or think I ever will, see that. We need to stop having these unreal expectations of average hearts players, the guy didn't do anything wrong at all with that goal, it was just a sublime first-time finish that one out of every thousand will fly into the top corner. ( As gutted as I was ) it sat really kindly for him and he showed great technique, he didn't just knock it into an empty net. Maybe in your spare-time you should get one of your mates to cross a ball to you and you try punch it more than ten yards, let alone thirty, and thats without the crowd of players to get through in the first place.

Looks quite a prospect.

Hand of Bawhied has a better ring to it.You really are a muppet anyone would think that you were a hobo.

The only thing is his afternoon that I question was the need to come for the cross which ended with the Maloney strike.

Unfortunately our centre halves have shown over the last few seasons that they are not up to the task of commanding the box and heading clear balls into the box like that, it normally ends up more often than not with a header on goal, so our goalies have to gamble on coming out for the ball.

Balogh was unlucky with goal #1 that it fell to Maloney because 9 times out of 10 it wouldn't, but I still think he could have caught it.

Unfortunately our centre halves have shown over the last few seasons that they are not up to the task of commanding the box and heading clear balls into the box like that, it normally ends up more often than not with a header on goal, so our goalies have to gamble on coming out for the ball.

Still not so sure he needed to come Gambo. Although he is very unfortunate that his long punch landed perfect for Maloney to finish it of with almost ease.

Cracking strike it was.

Johanes de Silentio

Made a great save right before Caldwell's clear handball for the 2nd goal.

I thought it was an ok punch for the first. I'm also wondering if he was impeded by a Celtic striker as Maloney's shot came in?

it's ludicrous to blame balogh for the 1st goal, truly ludicrous. the, normally, safe option there was to punch and he got good distance on it. it just so happens it fell straight to maloney and he came up with some finish.

if balogh had came for that ball to collect and dropped it, and celtic had scored, the same people would no doubt be slating him for that.

Kello's command of his area is 5x better than Banks'. His distribution is miles ahead, too. It's unfair to judge him on the Hibs game (where he took a head knock serious enough to have him subbed off).

Btw, I'd love to see you try to punch a cross (that you're stretching to get to) to the half way line. It's not easy, you mug.

There was me thinking a thirty-yard punch was really quite far, but not for us hearts fans with our high expectations of our super-human goalkeepers.

If you have ever seen a keeper punch the ball to the halfway line from his six yard line please do inform me, as I have yet to, or think I ever will, see that. We need to stop having these unreal expectations of average hearts players, the guy didn't do anything wrong at all with that goal, it was just a sublime first-time finish that one out of every thousand will fly into the top corner. ( As gutted as I was ) it sat really kindly for him and he showed great technique, he didn't just knock it into an empty net. Maybe in your spare-time you should get one of your mates to cross a ball to you and you try punch it more than ten yards, let alone thirty, and thats without the crowd of players to get through in the first place.

He never punched it 30 yards, as he punched it about 15 yards from his goal lin.e 30 - 15 = 15 not that far and not down the middle! imo

Malinga the Swinga
Looks quite a prospect.

Never had a warning before, but anyway, why don't you crawl back to whatever sewer you came from you waste of oxygen.

You might have a Hearts avatar, but you are not and never will be a Hearts supporter.

That is all.

What else could he have done?

He got a good punch on it, it was a good goal..

If he can get 2 hands on to it to punch he could use his hands like proper goalies do and catch it!

Make no question about it he sold the first goal!

Although he made a decent attempt to keep out the second, if he commanded his box, he woukld have come and claimed the corner at the forst attemt.

We were shocking today, but the keeper sold the jesrsy's!

Malinga the Swinga
If he can get 2 hands on to it to punch he could use his hands like proper goalies do and catch it!

Make no question about it he sold the first goal!

Although he made a decent attempt to keep out the second, if he commanded his box, he woukld have come and claimed the corner at the forst attemt.

We were shocking today, but the keeper sold the jesrsy's!

No he didn't. If someone had shut Maloney down, he wouldn't have scored. If teh linesman noticed Caldwell used arm, he wouldn't have scored. It is all if's and but's but no way was defeat down to Balloch.

We got lucky with Gordon and thefact for a few years, we had an exceptional keeper, but he has left and we will have to get on with what we have.

winston churchill
My reaction was that he couldn't have caught the ball and got reasonable distance on the punch. Just unlucky it fell to Maloney.

blame chez for holding his coat, instead of closing the little sod down

winston churchill
Looks quite a prospect.

i'd take him before, wee burnie or that basketball player you have at the sangiro.

No way. He couldn't have held it imo, was just unfortuante it landed at Maloney.

If he's coming to get a ball on the edge of the 18 yard box he has to collect, if he isn't collecting he should stay on his line.

You can't come out that far and punch and leave the goal wide open, imo.

winston churchill
Thought he had made a cracking save just before Caldwell scored although have not seen it on the TV.

Was unfortunate that his punch landed right at Maloney, he got height and distance on it and it was a top, top finish.

I thought he was solid.

caldwell did a barry ferguson slam dunk number before he put it in.

funny old game right enough.

last week ,the linesman on the wheatfield side over turns a last gasp penalty:rolleyes:.

this week,he does not see caldwells slam dunk:rolleyes:

Usual pish from HOG.

Banks was losing goals that he should have been doing better with but don't let that get in the way of your crusade.

What a plum.

Looks quite a prospect.

Why is it you only post negative shet, and only ever after a loss? How can he possibly be blamed for either goal today? The first was a good punch which unfortunately fell to the wrong guy. The second was after a good save, and was handball anyway, the defence was to blame for that one, not balogh.

Chad Sexington
Usual pish from HOG.

Banks was losing goals that he should have been doing better with but don't let that get in the way of your crusade.

What a plum.

Correct.

How come whenever we get beat he's all over this forum like a computer virus? :rolleyes:

Guest jambomickey
Why is it you only post negative shet, and only ever after a loss? How can he possibly be blamed for either goal today? The first was a good punch which unfortunately fell to the wrong guy. The second was after a good save, and was handball anyway, the defence was to blame for that one, not balogh.

can't see how you can say the first was a good punch? he should never have came and when he did and punched with both hands he's either got to catch it or punch it to either side

Correct.

How come whenever we get beat he's all over this forum like a computer virus? :rolleyes:

Funny that isn't it :rolleyes:

Archived