Rangers

Acey

The Mighty Thor
I've never claimed that. I can understand why they might.

The real PC brigade are the ones who insist on hating Rangers more.

How does hating the hideously vile institution that is Glasgow Rangers more make you a member of the real PC brigade?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MacDonald Jardine
So if someone says.

Fair enough.

I put Celtic way ahead.

Am I a mindless bigot?

the answer is no, but

Fair enough.

I put Rangers way ahead.

Am I a PC hand wringer?

the answer is yes? :rolleyes:

You've got it!

Bizarre post.

Is it not just as ridiculous to call hun-haters "PC hand-wringers" as it is calling Sellik haters "mindless bigots"?

You basically slag off people for posting nonsense then post in exactly the same way.

Really, how can anyone disagree with The Boo? What`s everyones problem?

Celtic ARE more hated amongst the Hearts support than Rangers although we hate Rangers too.

Celtic are the most despicable, sickly , up yer ane erse set of fans around. Rangers have their nippy attributes too, esp the Glesga big man sheeite that both sets have, but Celtic clearly win hands down when it comes to being the most deplorable.

winston churchill
Probably because the closet Ranger fans want you to hate Celtic more than Rangers and if you don't you are PC.

this is my 30th season going to tynecastle park.

to this day,i've never understood this mini hun/closet rangers fan thingy.

could somebody please explain:mw_confused:

Close MCJ, the real reason is the majorly paranoid Hearts fans who worry about being tagged mini Huns.

It`s ok to say OB on here (which has been said on flag debate threads many moons ago) but as soon as you show any dislike for the green side of the country you are a bigot?

Work that out.

I hate rangers more than i hate celtic, and it has nothing to do with religion

or whether ive got a blue or green tinged in my sub-concious.

I hate them more because of personal experience, 90% of the barstewards i have met happen to be rangers fans.

IMO celtic fans are mostly just deluded idiots with a plastic paddy syndrome.

The Real Maroonblood

You will wait long enough because I have asked this question before. Their silence is deafening.

You will wait long enough because I have asked this question before. Their silence is deafening.

again, it`s the paranoid Hearts fans mate. The mini Huns thing is just a wee wisecrack when you are in company of OF fans.

It`s not a worldly piece of knowledge that others know us by! But don`t try convincing the paranoid because they won`t listen.

Now I was a wee bit bevvied last night but I am sure there was a Celtic as well as a Rangers thread like this ?

Was I imagining things !!??

You weren't imagining it CC.

The thread was closed because a couple of members decided to accuse someone of being part of the sellik boys club scandal. Unfortunately, The name they mentioned had nothing to with the sellik boys club scandal.

I see Rangers like every other club in the SPL out with Hibs and Sellick. As long as we're not playing them I don't care if they win lose or draw.

I hope Sellick and Hibs lose every game though.

MacDonald Jardine
I can still remember when this used to be blasted out at Tynie.

And if you know you're history, it's enough to make your heart go what?

And if you know you're history, it's enough to make your heart go what?

Hail Hail, the Hearts are here

all for goals and glory (****** your jackanory)

Hail Hail the Hearts are here

All for goals and glory now

For it's a grand old team to go to jail for

and it's a grand old team to pay the bail for

and if you know your history,

It's enough to make your heart go no surrender.

We don't care what the hibees say

what the hell do we care, for we only know

that there's gonna be a show and the Edinburgh Jam Tarts will be there.

Is that the IRA or UVF? :cool:

I watched some crappy Sky1 programme when I got home from the pub last night. It was about Miami and featured some extensive footage of the Huns playing a 'friendly' against a Brazilian team - the footage must have been old as the likes of Albertz & Klos were in the team.

The good ole fun loving Huns fans were telling the Yanks to 'stick yer world cup up yer arse' , told the Brazilian fans to 'stick yer samba up yer arse' and then we were treated to a clip of two Huns fans on the pitch with a great big UVF flag. I am very surprised that Davros didn't fire off a letter of complaint to have the footage pulled.:rolleyes:

MacDonald Jardine
Hail Hail, the Hearts are here

all for goals and glory (****** your jackanory)

Hail Hail the Hearts are here

All for goals and glory now

For it's a grand old team to go to jail for

and it's a grand old team to pay the bail for

and if you know your history,

It's enough to make your heart go no surrender.

We don't care what the hibees say

what the hell do we care, for we only know

that there's gonna be a show and the Edinburgh Jam Tarts will be there.

Another song folk would find horrific now.

Another song folk would find horrific now.

Agreed.

The Gyle Volunteer Force would be ding-dinging the easily offended bus bell at the mere notion of singing a song nowadays that is commonly perceived as being a ra sellik song.

nowadays that is commonly perceived as being a ra sellik song.

Is that not enough for you to boak at the mere thought of singing it?

Or should all 17,000 of us indulge in a collective rollicking version of it tomorrow.

MacDonald Jardine
Agreed.

The Gyle Volunteer Force would be ding-dinging the easily offended bus bell at the mere notion of singing a song nowadays that is commonly perceived as being a ra sellik song.

It would probably unite everyone then.

Is that not enough for you to boak at the mere thought of singing it?

Or should all 17,000 of us indulge in a collective rollicking version of it tomorrow.

Whether it gives me the boak or not hasn't anything to do with it.

I merely commented that 'Hail Hail' used to be belted out at Tynie. Plenty of Hearts fans in the old shed never got the boak at singing this song.

This was back in the late '70's / early '80's.

Back in the good old days. ;)

It's what other fans call us in my experience. Certainly I hate it when Rangers fans that I've met try and use the 'we're cousins' crap. Gets right on my goat. :mad:

It's what other fans call us in my experience. Certainly I hate it when Rangers fans that I've met try and use the 'we're cousins' crap. Gets right on my goat. :mad:

Indeed, it is probably my main reason for detesting the govan people.

Like i've anything in common with a weegie.

I'm actually embarrassed for any Hearts fans that laps this 'cousins' pish up. Why would anyone Hearts fans want to be associated with a weegie?

winston churchill

really.

the thing is,the only time i've come across it is on here:mw_confused:.

I merely commented that 'Hail Hail' used to be belted out at Tynie. Plenty of Hearts fans in the old shed never got the boak at singing this song.

Well I'm delighted it's gone; along with the majority of the sectarian and racist bile that was commonly associated with the Shed.

winston churchill

now yer cooking.

great days watching the hearts.

"You'll never walk alone" with all the scarves going. How long since we did that?

I think you will find it was Hey Jude.:)

1. In my youth (and much of my adulthood) Rangers operated a discriminatory policy of never signing a Catholic

2. In my youth, Celtic played fantastic football under a Protestant manager with an all-Scottish team from all denominations

3. Being Orange is saying you are anti-catholic. Being catholic is just being catholic.

4. The assumption by Rangers fans that we are somehow related.

5. The assumption by fans of other teams that we are somehow related.

6. The assumption by some idiot Hearts fans that we are somehow related, and the imitation / adoption of Rangers iconography and discography

All of the above lead me to dislike Rangers much more than Celtic.

I don't know if my line of reasoning is PC, but it is mine, it is how I feel, and I feel it very strongly, because:-

I support Hearts because I was brought up two miles from Tynecastle, and imbibed stories of Conn, Bauld and Wardhaugh from birth. Hearts are my local team. They have nothing to do with anyone's religion. That's the Hearts I support.

Whereas the Rangers-wannabes in our support are a threat to "my" vision of Hearts, Celtic are no threat.

now yer cooking.

great days watching the hearts.

Agreed.

Even if the team was pish the majority of the time, every Saturday was an adventure.

...I support Hearts because I was brought up two miles from Tynecastle, and imbibed stories of Conn, Bauld and Wardhaugh from birth. Hearts are my local team. They have nothing to do with anyone's religion. That's the Hearts I support.

Whereas the Rangers-wannabes in our support are a threat to "my" vision of Hearts, Celtic are no threat.

This would be a great title for a book.

really.

the thing is,the only time i've come across it is on here:mw_confused:.

You need to get out more then.

Go and look on other fans forums or speak to some of them, not all bite. :)

winston churchill
You need to get out more then.

Go and look on other fans forums or speak to some of them, not all bite. :)

i have a very active social life.

maybe we just mix in different circles

scott herbertson
1. In my youth (and much of my adulthood) Rangers operated a discriminatory policy of never signing a Catholic

2. In my youth, Celtic played fantastic football under a Protestant manager with an all-Scottish team from all denominations

3. Being Orange is saying you are anti-catholic. Being catholic is just being catholic.

6. The assumption by some idiot Hearts fans that we are somehow related, and the imitation / adoption of Rangers iconography and discography

I don't know if my line of reasoning is PC, but it is mine, it is how I feel, and I feel it very strongly, because:-

I support Hearts because I was brought up two miles from Tynecastle, and imbibed stories of Conn, Bauld and Wardhaugh from birth. Hearts are my local team. They have nothing to do with anyone's religion. That's the Hearts I support.

I was going to respond on the same lines but you have done it far more eloquently than I could have

Great reasons for disliking Rangers most of all. Can anyone come up with a similar list for Celtic (without mentioning religion or Irish politics) and Hibs.

2. In my youth, Celtic played fantastic football under a Protestant manager with an all-Scottish team from all denominations.

Perhaps you should take your green-and-grey hooped glasses off.

Sellik only played non-catholics because sticking to an all-catholic policy would have resulted in them being uncompetitive.

Further, you are clearly not aware of - or have conveniently overlooked - the fact that sellik had* a policy of having an all-catholic board of directors. When the Protestant manager you refer to decided to quit he was offered another post by the club. Guess what it was? A seat on the board? After all he had led them to Yooro glory. Nope, he was offered the role as Head of Sellik Pools.

What do you have to say about that? :rolleyes:

* They may still do.

The Mighty Thor

Sellik only played non-catholics because sticking to an all-catholic policy would have resulted in them being uncompetitive.

is this a proven fact or merely a supposition to beef up what is in fact a very thin and hackneyed argument.

However Rangers sectarian policy is the stuff of fact.

is this a proven fact

It's a fact. I don't do supposition or speculation.

I notice you too have ignored the point about sellik's board and the treatment of Large John. :rolleyes:

My glasses are still maroon, thanks - you should try them sometime

That's the kind of argument nobody could every challenge - as you are aware, Jock Stein used to say that given the choice between signing a catholic or a protestant he would take the protestant knowing that Rangers wouldn't sign the catholic (I think his tongue was in cheek)

Further, you are clearly not aware of - or have conveniently overlooked - the fact that sellik had* a policy of having an all-catholic board of directors. When the Protestant manager you refer to decided to quit he was offered another post by the club. Guess what it was? A seat on the board? After all he had led them to Yooro glory. Nope, he was offered the role as Head of Sellik Pools.

What do you have to say about that? :rolleyes:

I conveniently overlooked that. It completely undermines everything I've ever thought about the Old Firm.

* They may still do.

\

By far the most repellent institution in world football.

That is all.

I utterly despise them and i'm on good terms with the mods right now so I will just leave it at that

The Mighty Thor
It's a fact. I don't do supposition or speculation.

I notice you too have ignored the point about sellik's board and the treatment of Large John. :rolleyes:

OK so we've cleared up the fact that Celtic did not operate a sectarian selection policy unlike their bigoted rivals who did.

Now your point about Jock Stein intrigues me. You're concerned about the treatment of a man you frequently criticise for allegedly turning a blind eye to child abuse by the board of a football club you have an unhealthy dislike for?

I haven't ignored your point i've just no idea what your point is.

I haven't ignored your point i've just no idea what your point is.

Sure. :whistling:

The Mighty Thor
Sure. :whistling:

I genuinely have no idea what your point about Mr Stein is.

Why is his treatment by the board of Celtic FC of interest to you?

Is this a religious persecution point you are trying to make? i thought that was the preserve of the '***********s' you know the 'professional victims'?

What's next a thread on the apalling treatment of Gary Glitter and his lack of employment by Littlewoods pools?

Guest S.U.S.S.

Why a post about Rangers now?

Its Celtic we are playing!

some people have more of an agenda on here than they care to admit.

So? Were you a young Catholic boy, dreaming of one day playing for Rangers? Only to have your dreams shattered because of your religion?

And now? Nakamura, Boruc, Loovens, Donati, Samaras and Vennegoor Of Hesselink are all fine Scottish internationalists right enough.

No it's not, you're just being silly now.

It's an assumption held by all teams, including your heroes from Parkhead.

And what about Celtic's assumption?

I've never met anyone through Hearts who has professed a liking for Rangers. Being Orange doesn't make you a Rangers fan too.

:rolleyes:

Let's face it, they are both disgusting.

It's getting harder to decide which one is ****mier.

It's like choosing between a turd A and turd B, why bother deciding?

The Rangers fans and their neanderthal behaviour in Manchester really annoyed me last year but Sellik fans are a bunch of nasty, smelly tramps who celebrate terrorism.

Archived