Right, you have all been warned!!!!!!!!

Clerry Jambo

Guest JamboRobbo
Its also just a crap song. :)

And racist :)

Joke before the whole FoS GSTQ debate starts.

you know what I mean. everyone has their views, but whether people are british or scottish or irish or gay or straight or black or white or whatever, for 90 minutes, we're Hearts fans.

Nothing more, nothing less. IMO.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But to be fair you were trying to pick up on things he was saying that he didn't actually say! You then asked what his stance was on this. My personal opinion on this is that it's ok if it were in a private message however you are asking him his views on a delicate matter probably in the hope that he will effectively hang himself out to dry!!!

As you say it's a debate!

While I'm here. What about singing God save the Queen? It's a British song!

Im not 'hanging anyone out to dry'.

its a public forum on which both of us have expressed views, repeatedly.

If he didnt want to answer, he didn't have too.

He chose to, and I respect and understand his point of view.

You on the other hand seem to be trying to make more out of it that what has actually occurred.

As for God Save the Queen.

I refer you to the above post by Jamborobbo who has provided what I would consider to be a succinct and reasoned reply to your question.

Is it still OK to call every Ceptic player/fan/official a complete C ** T? Or is that on the 'banned' list?

QUOTE]

I 'ate you Tucker, and your Pals called Benny GREEN!

My HEARTS in the Shadows, YOUR HEARTS in the Shadows!!

I don't know how a lot of people on this thread will come on sunday!!!

Mixed loyalties and all that

We should make a 'neutral' section for the thimpathising kickbackers.

They can sit with tartan rugs over their laps, a flask of tea in their hand and give sportsmanly claps whenever Celtic do a 'good move'

PATHETIC

We are Hearts - they are our tribe, our religion and life!!!!

Celtic are a vile institution who hate us!!!

Anyone who even focuses on our problems needs to give themselves a shake. Celtics entire existence is built on the foundations of sectarianism!!!!

They will be up to their usual glory hunting bigoted nonsense as per usual, so will the 4 match officials.

We as Hearts supporters need to make it our duty to GIRUY!!!! When they sing - we drown them out. Snarl at them, shout abuse at them, threaten them, give whatever hand gesture you wish at them, for 90 (98 if Celtic are losing) minutes it is WAR!!!

Go and watch the Andy Murray game on Sunday if you are offended by anything!

Football is a game of tribal warfare. I am not saying put Swastika's on your arms or wear red gloves - none of that nonsense - just sing abuse at them.

Take a Saltire, Red Lion, Union Jack whatever you feel comfortable with, chuck potaoes at them if needs must (although not recommended).

Sing Flower of Scotland, Rule Britania or whatever - JUST SING

I am sure we are all big enough and long enough in the tooth to know what to expect on Sunday - get over it. If you don't like it - DON'T SING IT!!

Celtic are the worst thing on this planet and I for one will convey this feeling at EVERY opportunity!

FTC

They can sit with tartan rugs over their laps, a flask of tea in their hand and give sportsmanly claps whenever Celtic do a 'good move'

PATHETIC

We are Hearts - they are our tribe, our religion and life!!!!

Celtic are a vile institution who hate us!!!

Anyone who even focuses on our problems needs to give themselves a shake. Celtics entire existence is built on the foundations of sectarianism!!!!

They will be up to their usual glory hunting bigoted nonsense as per usual, so will the 4 match officials.

We as Hearts supporters need to make it our duty to GIRUY!!!! When they sing - we drown them out. Snarl at them, shout abuse at them, threaten them, give whatever hand gesture you wish at them, for 90 (98 if Celtic are losing) minutes it is WAR!!!

Go and watch the Andy Murray game on Sunday if you are offended by anything!

Football is a game of tribal warfare. I am not saying put Swastika's on your arms or wear red gloves - none of that nonsense - just sing abuse at them.

Take a Saltire, Red Lion, Union Jack whatever you feel comfortable with, chuck potaoes at them if needs must (although not recommended).

Sing Flower of Scotland, Rule Britania or whatever - JUST SING

I am sure we are all big enough and long enough in the tooth to know what to expect on Sunday - get over it. If you don't like it - DON'T SING IT!!

Celtic are the worst thing on this planet and I for one will convey this feeling at EVERY opportunity!

ok

Are we allowed to sing

Aiden McGreedy, why wont you go home.

He is after all Irish (unlike 99% of the plastics who will be there)

No mention of famine etc

only if you sing it to the tune of "Come back & stay" by Paul Young, with full backing vocals :P

Teuchterjambo
I personally see no problem with singing god save the queen! It is after all a British song and is meant to represent our whole island.

And its relevance to a football match ?

Try not to justify it's use as a response to ther people's failings eg) Celtic singing rebel songs.

Just please tell me the relevance of GSTQ to a football match.

PATHETIC

There was a time not so long ago, i'd have laughed at this suggestion. But it seems to be coming more and more true by the week.

Sad times.

jack D and coke
Is it still OK to call every Ceptic player/fan/official a complete C ** T? Or is that on the 'banned' list?

Just thought I'd check with the Kickback Police 1st.

Thanks.

Tucker.

Know what you mean mate. They wont be happy until we're all sitting on our hands and clapping when celtic score a goal and tryin to encourage miko after his 53rd pish performance in a row. "jolly well played celtic and better luck next week miko, you know when he made a james hunt of that cross there i nearly raised my voice at the poor chap, c'mom lets go get a nice cup of tea to warm our cockles" This pc nonsense has to stop. I'm not the least bit offended when celtic fans sing whatever they sing and neither should anybody else be. It adds to the atmosphere. They're spoiling it.

Try not to justify it's use as a response to ther people's failings eg) Celtic singing rebel songs.

I think you may find a huge number of songs sung at football games have little relevance to the game in question. ;)

It's called banter !!

john brownlee
Again, i have never backed the singing of sectarian songs, and again the press release from Hearts does not mention any specific songs so i cant really answer if a certain as yet unnamed thing should be allowed.

Football is a tribal sport, tribes will wind each other up for 90 minutes, if thats done without breaking the law regarding sectarian songs all the better. You cant fight the club unless it states what is not acceptable, as far as i know they have never named any song as unacceptable. there seems to be a fam no drought of information detailing specifically what is a sectarian song and what some on here just dont like.

Im still waiting on a list of sectarian songs to be posted and for an answer why this board continues to use the term hun even after it has been designated as sectarian by nil by mouth. You dont see fenian on the board much yet hun is accepted.

What to do is when you hear a song phone the clyipe(sp) number and see if there's a responce

Personally I dont sing or chant a football anymore as I feel that all the current sung songs are old hat we needd some new songs

There was a time not so long ago, i'd have laughed at this suggestion. But it seems to be coming more and more true by the week.

Sad times.

I despair with them mate

These people will sit back and watch those vaigrants sing all their vile nonsense and shake their hands when they hear a wee sweary word in our end

Teuchterjambo
I think you may find a huge number of songs sung at football games have little relevance to the game in question. ;)

It's called banter !!

I love the banter and I love lots of songs that as you rightly state have little to do with football.

The problem only arises if the "banter" strays into sectarian/bigoted and then it becomes unacceptable.

Don't put me down as ultra PC - PC in life in general is getting out of hand and I am sick of it.

I can never get my head round some people on here equating failure to sing these songs as being in some way a second class supporter.I spent last saturday singing and bawling my head off - it was Tuesday beforwe the throuat recovered. Sunday will be the same for me I just don't sing these songs - that doesn't make me a member of the PC Polis !

Your repeated posts on every thread on this subject suggest that you very much DO care.

How about you just admit my points are all perfectly valid - instead of sidesteping the facts and instead telling me what I do and do not care about. ;)

Thanks.

Guest S.U.S.S.

The game is being played within the confines of GB for one.

Same could then be said for FoS no?

Commander Harris
And the orange part of that flag represents what?

the green represents the "gaelic" community, the orange represents the "protestant" community, and the white represents the hope of peace between the two. It's a shame that this idea is so repugnant to a large amount of Celtic supporters that they use Green, White and Gold in their tricolors to metaphorically wipe the protestants out of Ireland.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Can someone please post a list of confirmed sectarian songs?

Can they also please post songs that have been names by Heart of Midlothian as not acceptable within Tynecastle?

Many thanks.

How about you just admit my points are all perfectly valid - instead of sidesteping the facts and instead telling me what I do and do not care about. ;)

Thanks.

If I disagreed with you on most of them I would.

I didn't realize you needed me to pat you on the back...

What about option 4 - Those who just see it for what it is. A bit of banter that both sets of fans enjoy.

Let's be honest the Celtic fans don't go home and cry about having songs sung about potatoes. We don't go home and cry about songs being sung abuot us all havign Aids. It is only words.

No big deal IMO.

to be honest, for most folk it is no big deal and it is forgotten after the match. but there are a couple of caveats to that.

my mate had a season ticket thru 05/06 (gave it up due to working away on Saturdays) and initially thought that the "Oh, the Hibees are gay" chant was amusing, despite the fact that he himself is gay. just a bit of banter. but throughout the season as it seemed to be the main song that people belted into with any passion, he began to feel uncomfortable with it, to the point that it detracted from his enjoyment of the match. having thousands of people chanting that something about who you are is a bad thing (as the song clearly implies) must wear on you a bit.

being a straight white male with no religious leanings I can't say I've ever experienced that, so out of respect to my friend who didn't like it, I gave the song up. no big deal for me to not sing a song.

so what about the Catholic members of our support? should we expect them just to accept the fact that we're belting out a few songs insulting who they are as people? and even given the fact that a lot, or possibly even the majority don't care, what about those that do?

similarly, there are large sections of our support who find sectarian & other discriminatory chants offensive and want us as a club to rise above such nonsense. don't their opinions matter? shouldn't they feel comfortable whilst at their home ground?

and given that we've been requested to drop all the ****e by Hearts shouldn't we maybe support the club?

Guest S.U.S.S.

Once those that sit at home and listen to the games or watch them on setanta start coming to the games to support the club then ill give their opinions the time of day, until then their opinion means nothing to me.

What about option 4 - Those who just see it for what it is. A bit of banter that both sets of fans enjoy.

Let's be honest the Celtic fans don't go home and cry about having songs sung about potatoes. We don't go home and cry about songs being sung abuot us all havign Aids. It is only words.

No big deal IMO.

Take whatever flags you want.

If they want. Up to them .Freedom of choice and all.

You see I think people should be allowed to take whatever flag they want to a game.

Maybe the Tims will start singing the national anthem of the Soviet Union and talking hammer and sickle flags to our games to wind up our resident 'Liths'.

I won't care if they do. Neither should anyone else. I bet Miko wouldn't give flying ****.

Good post mate - thats pretty much where i'm at too.

Once those that sit at home and listen to the games or watch them on setanta start coming to the games to support the club then ill give their opinions the time of day, until then their opinion means nothing to me.

so you're listening to mine then obviously....

Thats verging on a 'better fan that you' statement. ;)

If I disagreed with you on most of them I would.

I didn't realize you needed me to pat you on the back...

Come on I like it !!

to be honest, for most folk it is no big deal and it is forgotten after the match. but there are a couple of caveats to that.

my mate had a season ticket thru 05/06 (gave it up due to working away on Saturdays) and initially thought that the "Oh, the Hibees are gay" chant was amusing, despite the fact that he himself is gay. just a bit of banter. but throughout the season as it seemed to be the main song that people belted into with any passion, he began to feel uncomfortable with it, to the point that it detracted from his enjoyment of the match. having thousands of people chanting that something about who you are is a bad thing (as the song clearly implies) must wear on you a bit.

being a straight white male with no religious leanings I can't say I've ever experienced that, so out of respect to my friend who didn't like it, I gave the song up. no big deal for me to not sing a song.

so what about the Catholic members of our support? should we expect them just to accept the fact that we're belting out a few songs insulting who they are as people? and even given the fact that a lot, or possibly even the majority don't care, what about those that do?

similarly, there are large sections of our support who find sectarian & other discriminatory chants offensive and want us as a club to rise above such nonsense. don't their opinions matter? shouldn't they feel comfortable whilst at their home ground?

and given that we've been requested to drop all the ****e by Hearts shouldn't we maybe support the club?

It depends on the person in question. Some people will feel uncomfortable with songs like those desribed above. Some will not.

One of the most popular songs sung at Tynie over the years, including today, is the old 'You fat *******'.

There are thousands of fat *******s within Tynecastle at every game. I have never heard even one moan about those songs. That shows to me that people can just accept that what goes on inside a football ground is different from the outside World.

Anyway I am quite looking forward to the game on Sunday. If we can find a striker by then we could be onto a winner.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Thats verging on a 'better fan that you' statement. ;)

I like the term teetering on the brink. :)

But, why should we care about the opinion of those who dont put money in nor go to the games?

I like the term teetering on the brink. :)

But, why should we care about the opinion of those who dont put money in nor go to the games?

Because i dont think its fair to tar them all with that brush.

Many are elderly, been supporting HMFC far longer than you or I, and put more in then we have.

Some cant go to games because they have had to move away etc.

I dont think its fair to say they are not fans or not worth listening too.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

A list of songs Hearts have declared acceptable to sing on Sunday:

Bla Bla Blacksheep

Humpty Dumpty

London Bridge is Falling Down

Rain Rain Go Away

Jack and Jill

3 Blind Mice

In a bid to make Celtic fans day as nice and comfortable as possible, Hearts will be providing a nice glass of milk and a cute cuddly teddy bear on arrival. Hearts fans have also been instructed to applaud the Celtic team as they enter the pitch.

After the game LRT will put on free buses for Celtic fans struggling to get home and any Jambo with a car is expected to give them a lift to the train station.

Let's make this as easy as possible lads. Nice 'n friendly. :)

Guest S.U.S.S.
Because i dont think its fair to tar them all with that brush.

Many are elderly, been supporting HMFC far longer than you or I, and put more in then we have.

Some cant go to games because they have had to move away etc.

I dont think its fair to say they are not fans or not worth listening too.

Two shillings a week forty years ago meand very little today, but yes, if someone is ill and unable to go i fully accept its not their choice. I mean all the able bodied people who dont live 1000 miles away (their choice tho) and yes, those that dont go are still fans, but they are not supporters.

Two shillings a week forty years ago meand very little today, but yes, if someone is ill and unable to go i fully accept its not their choice. I mean all the able bodied people who dont live 1000 miles away (their choice tho) and yes, those that dont go are still fans, but they are not supporters.

Problem is, how can you tell on KB?

Come on I like it !!

It depends on the person in question. Some people will feel uncomfortable with songs like those desribed above. Some will not.

One of the most popular songs sung at Tynie over the years, including today, is the old 'You fat *******'.

There are thousands of fat *******s within Tynecastle at every game. I have never heard even one moan about those songs. That shows to me that people can just accept that what goes on inside a football ground is different from the outside World.

Anyway I am quite looking forward to the game on Sunday. If we can find a striker by then we could be onto a winner.

it does indeed depend on the person, and given that folks are different, i'm very confident that there will be some in our support who don't like it, so i don't think we should ignore their feelings on the matter.

and anyway, as i asked before - given the club has asked us not to, why don't we support them?

Guest S.U.S.S.
Problem is, how can you tell on KB?

Call it a sixth sense! :)

Or look at who posted during the game when you com on KB the next day.

Loads of, i was disgusted when i heard that on my radio/tv etc

I agree- winding up the opposition is part of football.

What strategies do you adopt or propose for winding up Rangers fans? Which flags should we bring?

Kaunaus flag will do the trick!!!!!!!!!!!

Commander Harris

Bla Bla Blacksheep

Humpty Dumpty

Rain Rain Go Away

Jack and Jill

3 Blind Mice

In a bid to make Celtic fans day as nice and comfortable as possible, Hearts will be providing a nice glass of milk and a cute cuddly teddy bear on arrival. Hearts fans have also been instructed to applaud the Celtic team as they enter the pitch.

After the game LRT will put on free buses for Celtic fans struggling to get home and any Jambo with a car is expected to give them a lift to the train station.

"bla bla black sheep" is clearly racist.

"Humpty Dumpty" mocks a horrific accident and is therefore unacceptable, same can be said for "London Bridge."

"Rain Rain Go Away" doesn't acknowledge the right of the rain to fall on whatever day it wants too.

"Jack and Jill" reinforces outdated gender roles, Jack goes first, Jill follows dutifully. unacceptable.

not only does "3 blind mice" mocks a disability but it celebrates violence too.

:mad:

Guest S.U.S.S.

Maybe we should sing 'hail hail' to make them feel at home.

maybe not

Of course any song against Celtic or their fans could upset someone in their crowd and is therefore unaceptable.

it does indeed depend on the person, and given that folks are different, i'm very confident that there will be some in our support who don't like it, so i don't think we should ignore their feelings on the matter.

and anyway, as i asked before - given the club has asked us not to, why don't we support them?

Ok I have a fair solution.

Club conducts a few surveys. Before games and at half time within the stadium - both sets of fans. List is of 'grey area' songs.

Hullo Hullo. Fields of Athenry etc..

Question simply is - Whilst these songs are not specifically breaking any laws or rules, do you want them banned at Tynecastle ?

Answer is yes or no.

Majority wins.

Then both sides can have their say on affairs.

If there are some who are offended but they are in the minority then no luck. They will just have to deal with it. Same goes the other way.

Fair as fair can be. Sorted.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Ok I have a fair solution.

Club conducts a few surveys. Before games and at half time within the stadium - both sets of fans. List is of 'grey area' songs.

Hullo Hullo. Fields of Athenry etc..

Question simply is - Whilst these songs are not specifically breaking any laws or rules, do you want them banned at Tynecastle ?

Answer is yes or no.

Majority wins.

Then both sides can have their say on affairs.

If there are some who are offended but they are in the minority then no luck. They will just have to deal with it. Same goes the other way.

Fair as fair can be. Sorted.

Therefore, according to the recent poll on KB (while obviously not covering all hearts supporters) Hulo Hullo is acceptable. :)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
"bla bla black sheep" is clearly racist.

"Humpty Dumpty" mocks a horrific accident and is therefore unacceptable, same can be said for "London Bridge."

"Rain Rain Go Away" doesn't acknowledge the right of the rain to fall on whatever day it wants too.

"Jack and Jill" reinforces outdated gender roles, Jack goes first, Jill follows dutifully. unacceptable.

not only does "3 blind mice" mocks a disability but it celebrates violence too.

:mad:

Hmmm. You have a point.

2054125901_c5b01fe572.jpg

tartan%20blanket.jpg

Here is a bag of sweets to rustle and a tartan rug for every Jambo on Sunday.

I hope 17000 fans sing and wave what they want and create a cracking atmosphere.

1 hope 14000 are making more noise and waving more flags than those sat in the roseburn stand.

That being the case, I doubt we'd see many arrests.

Commander Harris
Hmmm. You have a point.

2054125901_c5b01fe572.jpg

tartan%20blanket.jpg

Here is a bag of sweets to rustle and a tartan rug for every Jambo on Sunday.

thanks! think it's going to be a cold one on Sunday so a blanket will come in handy. :)

Therein lies the issue. The following have no confirmed set in stone bigotted or sectarian element. Now some may 'stray' very close as you say. However it is a grey area so you cannot simply 'ban' them on these grounds.

Hullo Hullo

U. flag

Tricolore

Fields of Athenry

Potato song

Therefore all are perfectly acceptable IMO.

Why does it only come down to bigotry and sectarianism? What about racism, xenophobia, homophobic or general offensive chanting? All of which Hearts have said they will not tolerate?

Off topic for a moment, why would any Hearts fan want to sing the potato famine song no matter the content. It's a Rangers song. Would anyone admit to wanting to steal a song from those horrible sods?

Are we allowed to sing

Aiden McGreedy, why wont you go home.

He is after all Irish (unlike 99% of the plastics who will be there)

No mention of famine etc

Why would you want to tell someone to go home? What is your problem with him being in our country? Are you intending on singing the same to Nakamura or Balde?

Guest S.U.S.S.
Why would you want to tell someone to go home? What is your problem with him being in our country? Are you intending on singing the same to Nakamura or Balde?

as for Balde, doubt he will be playing, if he was great, the boy is murder.

I hate McGreedy as he is a little judas **** that decided not to play for this country, so i will abuse the crap out of him, if thats ok with you.

frankly, even if its not.

as for Balde, doubt he will be playing, if he was great, the boy is murder.

I hate McGreedy as he is a little judas **** that decided not to play for this country, so i will abuse the crap out of him, if thats ok with you.

frankly, even if its not.

Fair enough. I'm not sure how comfortable i'd be shouting at someone for them to get out the country but to each their own.

Bla Bla Blacksheep

Humpty Dumpty

Rain Rain Go Away

Jack and Jill

3 Blind Mice

Indeed

On Saturday v Aberdeen I sang

"Aberdeen Aberdeen canae kick a jelly bean"

• Moderators

This thread has turned into a flag debate so it's now closed.

All of those who participated will hear from a moderator shortly.

To anyone who is new to the forum, debating taking national flags to games is against the forum rules and attempting to start a debate on this subject can lead to a ban.

If you see a debate moving onto that subject, please do not participate.

Thanks.

Archived