Right, you have all been warned!!!!!!!!

Clerry Jambo

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Homophobic?

So if 14,000 people sing "ohh the hibees are gay!" do we all get lifted? ;)

forget about the roseburn. we have the opportunity to show we are above them...although i know for a fact we won't grasp that opportunity.

So if we all sing oh the hibees are gay, i've got alreadly good lawyer that will proclaim we are singing about the happyness of the peg sellers ;)

Guest JamboRobbo
It's a sad day when we need to be told what is or isn't viewed as appropriate.

"we" don't. But judging by their actions, others clearly do.

"Offer a very friendly"

Is the atmosphere at a football ground supposed to be 'friendly'......................

I prefer 'hostile'.

If it was a bunch of Muslims singing about Al Qaeda, they'd be up in court in the blink of an eye, when it's Sellick fans singing about their favourite terrorist organisation, the police don't give a toss.

Seems like a very strange attitude held by the police authorities in Scotland.

You cannot stand at football matches any longer...

You're not responsible enough to have a beer at the match any longer...

You cannot sing that song any longer...

You cannot have banter with opposition for fear of emotionally scarring them for life...

Ohhhhh, football is GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY....

HELLO, HELLO WE ARE THE GORGIE BOYS...............................

Racist!!!

Booo!!!

Here come the PC brigade :eek:

Nelly Terraces

Bring back hooliganism. I miss it.

FTH/FTC/FTR/FTA - sod it, F ** K EVERYONE. You can't have enough hatred in football.

Cheers.

Tucker.:)

Robbos Right Peg

Is 'weegie basa's considered xenophobic ? Because I am sure that will be uttered by my good self at some stage on Sunday

I'm sure Lothians finest will be too busy getting worked up about Shabba to concentrate on the 3000 low lifes in the Roseburn stand. Priorities and all that. You can bet your arse they won't touch anyone in the away end.

Hearts really have stepped up there drive to shop fans.

Hate them but would love to have a board that looked after there own fans first and others second like the ugly sisters.

The Mighty Thor

It would be interesting to see what the reaction would be from L&B's finest if a supporter at the game found the unwashed singing their sectarian songs offensive and asked to speak to the match commander to lodge an official complaint. (mind you i'm sure there will be an equal amount of non-football garbage spilling from the home stands too, so i suppose that blows that one apart)

In my opinion this whole things need jacked up and brought to the fore as the (in)actions of the gruesomes to police their own supporters is becoming tiresome as is the paper-shuffling and sound-biting of Smith and the suits at the SFA. The sanctions exist to kill this off once and for all but they collectively lack the balls to do anything about it.

So you can expect pro-IRA songs from one end and songs about a 300 odd year old battle and a crop failure of 100 odd years ago from the other.

Football don'tcha just love it?

Hate them but would love to have a board that looked after there own fans first and others second like the ugly sisters.

Correct. :sad:

Robbos Right Peg
Correct.

Incidentally, I was speaking to a vermin supporter in a pub the other day. He seemed an alright chap but then accused Hearts fans of being biggots. I asked him if he had not witnessed the **** sining IRA at Tynie before (expecting him to deny it).....to which he replied whats wrong with that. I asked what has singing about terroroists got to to do with football.....he replied one man's terrorist is the next mans freedom fighter. I promptly asked him to leave.

This guy didnt look like one of their normal junkie looking fans.....he looked like a normal bloke. Its just confirmed to me how backward these halfwits are.

Superb :) Fekin brilliant old school stuff Hilary. 'Sir please leave this drinking establishment immediatley' I doff my hat to you.

Nelly Terraces

I've been away a coupla weeks, take it the filth got the full School* end then?

Tucker.

*Will folk please STOP calling it the Roseburn, it's not. It's the School End, always has been, always will be, it was the Pieman that changed the name, if he'd called it the 'hibs end' would you call it that? Nah, didn't think so.

Tucker.

*Will folk please STOP calling it the Roseburn, it's not. It's the School End, always has been, always will be, it was the Pieman that changed the name, if he'd called it the 'hibs end' would you call it that? Nah, didn't think so.

Absolutely right, it's the school end!

FACT!!!!!

All Hearts have done is cover their own backs by being "seen" to do something about it.

Whether or not they follow it through is another matter.

Would be interesting though - they've said that it WILL be policed..... so what happens when its not?

All Hearts have done is cover their own backs by being "seen" to do something about it.

Would be interesting though - they've said that it WILL be policed..... so what happens when its not?

Just wonder of the policing and stewarding will be as efficient as it was last Saturday when the Aberdeen Ultras managed to throw dozens of till rolls onto the pitch without anyone being caught and ejected.

Good hearts fans will become victims of this, hundreds of badly behaved away fans wont.

I was told directly by a bizbob last year they are powerless when the old firm bring so many and sign offensive songs.

Guest JamboRobbo
Good hearts fans will become victims of this, hundreds of badly behaved away fans wont.

not unless they sing something deemed sectarian or racist they won't be. And if someone is singing a racist/sectarian song at an HMFC match, they're not a good Hearts fan.

Tucker.

Oh man 3000 kiddie fiddlers at the school end.......:eek:

Just wonder of the policing and stewarding will be as efficient as it was last Saturday when the Aberdeen Ultras managed to throw dozens of till rolls onto the pitch without anyone being caught and ejected.

I know - I'd have wiped ;) the floor with them....

not unless they sing something deemed sectarian or racist they won't be. And if someone is singing a racist/sectarian song at an HMFC match, they're not a good Hearts fan.

So you'd be all for the ejection from the ground of a Hearts fan who dares to shout "**** off Nakamura ya cheating wee poof", while 3000 Celtic fans sing a song about the IRA??

Guest JamboRobbo
So you'd be all for the ejection from the ground of a Hearts fan who dares to shout "**** off Nakamura ya cheating wee poof", while 3000 Celtic fans sing a song about the IRA??

Nope. Feel free to show where I said I was though. :P

Tucker.

Relax Tucker, but I know where u are coming from!:P

Let's keep these contrived comparisons going please.

Prize for the funniest.

The laws to loose to prosecute... half the folk dont even know what songs are deemed sectarian and what are not. For bans to be handed out on 'bendy' laws with out any kind of hearing etc is a disgrace.

Commander Harris
Let's keep these contrived comparisons going please.

Prize for the funniest.

why is it contrived?

homophobic language falls foul of the SFA's guidelines on acceptable conduct, apparently singing songs celebrating terrorists doesn't. Erik's post highlights a problem with these guidelines.

Nope. Feel free to show where I said I was though. :P

You suggested that those "breaking the rules" would not be hard done to and were not "good hearts".

"**** off Nakamura ya cheatin wee poof" breaks the rules.

Are you saying that someone who shouts that after he takes a dive is not good hearts and deserves all they get fromt he police?

Why are so many arguing over their 'rights' to sing certain football games?

Its been deemed unacceptable by the club. Thats not good enough for some fans.

So clearly their 'desire' to sing inappropriate songs is a deeper need for them than respecting the wishes of the club.

Why would anyone have such a deep rooted need to sing such songs?

yes. and it's the "School End" :D

I know someone who was once with Celtic who would have been excited going into the school end.

Why are so many arguing over their 'rights' to sing certain football games?

Its been deemed unacceptable by the club. Thats not good enough for some fans.

So clearly their 'desire' to sing inappropriate songs is a deeper need for them than respecting the wishes of the club.

Why would anyone have such a deep rooted need to sing such songs?

The NEED is for equality Doc.

Equality?

What do you mean?

What does equality have to do with getting all huffy because the club doesn't want racist or sectarian songs sung?

Are they Rangers fans?

Because other songs - such as hibees are gay - can be sung without punishment? - so thats not equal?

Jeez.

its not a perfect solution, but at least its a step in the right direction. I cant believe people are pretending this is about equality, rather than the desire to sing sectarian and bigoted songs.

Its not really about equality, its just a convenient vehicle for those who wont admit they are bigots to argue in favour of being able to sing such songs while hiding behind the pretense that they are actually campaigning for EVERYONES rights.

Laughable.

I don't want the right to sing sectarian or racists songs, simply because there is no good reason that these songs should EVER be accepted.

All for equality, but whereas Celtic undoubtedly have Irish Catholic roots and express that with varying degrees of acceptability (the terrorist stuff clearly is repugnant; plaintive songs about past social conditions in Athenry are a different matter, depending on your "musical" taste) Hearts have no similar heritage which we require an "equal" right to express.

We do have a minority of numbskulls who know no history and think we are hewn from an orange rock, and the club is right to stamp on that. The club's efforts have had a fair degree of success; as others have noted, this kind of behaviour is rarely seen at home matches, and maybe there's no big deal.

Perhaps it's different when Celtic are in town.

What exactly do you think we should have an "equal" right to do? Singing songs in praise of the UDA would be equivalent but irrelevant. What would you really like to be free to do that you now "cannot"?

Nelly Terraces

Is it still OK to call every Ceptic player/fan/official a complete C ** T? Or is that on the 'banned' list?

Just thought I'd check with the Kickback Police 1st.

Thanks.

Tucker.

Guest Dipped Flake
All for equality, but whereas Celtic undoubtedly have Irish Catholic roots and express that with varying degrees of acceptability (the terrorist stuff clearly is repugnant; plaintive songs about past social conditions in Athenry are a different matter, depending on your "musical" taste) Hearts have no similar heritage which we require an "equal" right to express.

We do have a minority of numbskulls who know no history and think we are hewn from an orange rock, and the club is right to stamp on that. The club's efforts have had a fair degree of success; as others have noted, this kind of behaviour is rarely seen at home matches, and maybe there's no big deal.

Perhaps it's different when Celtic are in town.

What exactly do you think we should have an "equal" right to do? Singing songs in praise of the UDA would be equivalent but irrelevant. What would you really like to be free to do that you now "cannot"?

Well said. I don't want to be free to sing sectarian songs and anyone that does is a bigot, end of story. I couldn't care less if celtic and rangers sing them; I do not want my club to be in any way associated with them

Jam Tarts 1874
Equality?

What do you mean?

What does equality have to do with getting all huffy because the club doesn't want racist or sectarian songs sung?

Are they Rangers fans?

Because other songs - such as hibees are gay - can be sung without punishment? - so thats not equal?

Jeez.

its not a perfect solution, but at least its a step in the right direction. I cant believe people are pretending this is about equality, rather than the desire to sing sectarian and bigoted songs.

Its not really about equality, its just a convenient vehicle for those who wont admit they are bigots to argue in favour of being able to sing such songs while hiding behind the pretense that they are actually campaigning for EVERYONES rights.

Laughable.

I don't want the right to sing sectarian or racists songs, simply because there is no good reason that these songs should EVER be accepted.

Couldn't agree more with what you are saying Dr. Unfortunately it seems that there are still some dinosaurs following their respective football teams. I reckon you have to be pretty thick to not understand the need to refrain from singing certain songs.

In recent games against Celtic, I can assure everyone that if you identified a Celtic fan chanting "oh ah up the RA" or anything equally offensive to the police, the police have gone and spoken to the culprits.

Equality?

What do you mean?

Are they Rangers fans?

Jeez.

Laughable.

I have no desire to sing these songs either thanks very much so kindly deflect your assumptions and insults elsewhere.

I sit in Section B. Not exactly renound for its sectarian / bigotted / racist outbursts now is it.

What I find laughable is the thought that one Hearts fan could be ejected on the basis of calling someone gay or a poof, whilst 3000 Celtic fans have free reign to chant about the IRA.

If you think thats equality / fair then fair play. I dont.

Is it still OK to call every Ceptic player/fan/official a complete C ** T? Or is that on the 'banned' list?

Just thought I'd check with the Kickback Police 1st.

Thanks.

Tucker.

Well actually the phrase 'offensive' chants was used by Hearts. So unfortunately you are now not 'allowed' to call Aiden McGeady or any other disgusting Celtic player a **** without threat of expulsion.

Football has moved forward don't you know !! Get with the times. It is Sooooooooooooo much better these days...:rolleyes:

We all know this is a one way street. Hearts will make it their duty to lift our own fans for so much as uttering something slightly offensive while that shower will be able to glorify the 'RA, make sniper gestures and throw around sectarian terms with impunity.

If the GFA don't hammer our fans, they will find something to hammer us over. We can either just sit back and take that or we can take a novel approach and stand up for ourselves against all haters of the club.

What makes it worse is that there will be a good section of our support who agree with this and probably believe it's only us who have the sectarian problem.

It's only the Orange bassas that are bigots... :rolleyes:

Archived