Why Kingston Wasn't Playing On Saturday

DB-14

Why is that then? because i dont follow the opinions of others?because i dare to voice my own opinion?

Im saying now that without Kingston in out team we would be a weaker team. FACT.

I find it most irksome when posters end their argument with "FACT", as if it made what they had to say indisputable.

Strikes me as the refuge of those who have run out of cogent points to make.

The team would be strengthened if Kingston were replaced by a player with a modicum of skill, and more commitment.

At the moment he does not contribute enough, although he has skill and potential, without question.

Considering the wages he is reputed to be on, that is unforgiveable.

Not "FACT", but my opinion.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Kingston plays I am far more confident than I would be if that runt Miko was. Kingston least looks like he has class and composure and that he can make something happen at any point.

thats fair enough mate everybody has then rite to there own opinion, but would you still want him to stay knowing all the disharmony he is causing with his attitude and by the way these are not rumours they are fact?

no i would not but it is not only Larry thats causing unrest,as a player he is undoubtedly if not the best then certainly one of the best we have. I d have him ahead of Stewart anyday though.

no i would not but it is not only Larry thats causing unrest,as a player he is undoubtedly if not the best then certainly one of the best we have. I d have him ahead of Stewart anyday though.

So who else is causing unrest then?

to be honest fella, i too am wondering if you is one of them travelling persons.

some people on here would have you believe he is the model pro.:eek:

Some people on here would have you believe that Mikoliunas is a better option for right midfield:eek:

to be honest fella, i too am wondering if you is one of them travelling persons.

For what reason? Because our opinions dont match,that is pathetic.

are you saying you would rather have someone like lazy larry playing, doing feck all and now and again actually going forward, ahead of mikey stewart who not all ways the best player on the park but will give you everything he has got passion, commitment. sorry but for me that is a no brainer.

are you saying you would rather have someone like lazy larry playing, doing feck all and now and again actually going forward, ahead of mikey stewart who not all ways the best player on the park but will give you everything he has got passion, commitment. sorry but for me that is a no brainer.

Yes i would.

i was told on sunday that this is why the fight kicked off because, after berra and zal had a go at lazy larry he turned around and said i dont give a feck about this team because i am going to bigger and better league soon. then it all kicked off.:)

Can anyone else confirm that? I don't want to hold a grudge against Kingston for nothing. If true, what a ****.

Guest juvehearts

Rubbish & you know it,

id take scott severin over the pair of them ANY DAY of the week,

Hearts need to get back to basics & play the scottish game again, forget this conentinal approach,we need players from this country who know how to play spl football & challenge for 3rd place again.

kingston is a luxury player & wouldnt look out of place in the bordaeux 1st team.

its his attidue that stinks as he (here comes the major word here) BELIEVES he is better than anyone at hearts & imo not supprised that ( i hope i dont get banned) ruben did banjo him & berra, zal & jonsson gave kingston the hair dryer treatment.

it DOES show that the passion is there, its just not being channeled properly because no-one knows if theyre in the team next week because romaknob is still using the same old methods of communication with the whole hearts staff (everyone).

For what reason? Because our opinions dont match,that is pathetic.

Maybe because you're named after one of our useless strikers, have an avatar of another, and think Larry's a 100% man who'd play ahead of Stewart.

That's quite a differing of opinion to pretty much anyone.

:rolleyes:

Can anyone else confirm that? I don't want to hold a grudge against Kingston for nothing. If true, what a ****.

i am sure somebody could mate, i would not post rumours. but that is definately what iwas told happened from a hearts employee.

Rubbish & you know it,

QUOTE]

So would i but who is talking about severin?? While we are at it id have Gattuso before Sevvy in that case

that is just mad. a lazy little runt against a 100% commited player(sometimes to commited).:eek:

Yes so commited he joins our greatest rivals,granted hes been good since he returned but still done that.

Yes so commited he joins our greatest rivals,granted hes been good since he returned but still done that.

i was not talking about when he was at the hobo's. if i remember correctly where the hobo's not raving about him when he was there about his commitment and passion. i am talking about mikey stewart in the current hearts team.

This is not an attack on Stewart, who I think has played very well this season (albeit after two previous seasons of absolutely mediocrity at Hearts), I would also take Kingston, but if I had to make the choice between the two. Quite simply, I believe he is a better player, who contributes more to the team.

The amateur psychology that spreads like a virus through messageboards like this is laughable. By all means judge a player by what you see on the pitch, but accusations of "laziness", "not trying", a "lack of commitment", "disrespecting Hearts" etc. etc. are based on little more than hearsay.

In his last two games, I think Kingston has played very well, albeit not through the entire ninety minutes of each match. Fair dues to anyone who disagrees with that, but I would be interested to hear nominations for any of our players who consistently perform at their peak throughout each and every game.

This is not an attack on Stewart, who I think has played very well this season (albeit after two previous seasons of absolutely mediocrity at Hearts), I would also take Kingston, but if I had to make the choice between the two. Quite simply, I believe he is a better player, who contributes more to the team.

The amateur psychology that spreads like a virus through messageboards like this is laughable. By all means judge a player by what you see on the pitch, but accusations of "laziness", "not trying", a "lack of commitment", "disrespecting Hearts" etc. etc. are based on little more than hearsay.

In his last two games, I think Kingston has played very well, albeit not through the entire ninety minutes of each match. Fair dues to anyone who disagrees with that, but I would be interested to hear nominations for any of our players who consistently perform at their peak throughout each and every game.

Are your eyes painted on? He's hardly kick a ball all season.

If Stewart loses the ball he gets up off his backside and bursts a gut to get it back, (and often succeeds).

When Kingston loses the ball, he just lies there, (often feigning injury).

Give me Stewart's type every time.

by me saying he is lazy and not trying that is based his performance on the pitch mate.

Maybe because you're named after one of our useless strikers, have an avatar of another, and think Larry's a 100% man who'd play ahead of Stewart.

That's quite a differing of opinion to pretty much anyone.

:rolleyes:

Makela beacuse i feel he gets a hard time and could turn good. Elliot is a bit different,the lads had a few chances,not lived up to his early promise but im confident he will,although maybe not with us. And i go to football to be entertained,if i wanted to watch 11 guys run about with little skill giving it their all,i would go watch at saughton every saturday.I want to see someone who has got the ability to do something unexpected. I hope my reasoning falls within ur high "jamboness" standards under close scruteny (sp)

Are your eyes painted on? He's hardly kick a ball all season.

No. As I said, each to their own when it comes to how he has played. My point is the theories (eg the bits you have highlighted) as to why this is are based on nothing more than internet whispers.

Makela beacuse i feel he gets a hard time and could turn good. Elliot is a bit different,the lads had a few chances,not lived up to his early promise but im confident he will,although maybe not with us. And i go to football to be entertained,if i wanted to watch 11 guys run about with little skill giving it their all,i would go watch at saughton every saturday.I want to see someone who has got the ability to do something unexpected. I hope my reasoning falls within ur high "jamboness" standards under close scruteny (sp)

Stop being so defensive about not being a :hobofish:. I just pointed out why people are going to have different opinions to you.

I think Juho doth protest too much.

As for scrutinising your jamboness, you'll have to join the queue, I have a lot of people to put down before you :rolleyes:

No. As I said, each to their own when it comes to how he has played. My point is the theories (eg the bits you have highlighted) as to why this is are based on nothing more than internet whispers.

unfortunately mate these are NOT just internet rumours as you call it. they are indded true.

No they are based on his complete lack of effort on the pitch!

by me saying he is lazy and not trying that is based his performance on the pitch mate.

Fair enough. What about your accusations regarding him causing disharmony? Can you explain them?

Fair enough. What about your accusations regarding him causing disharmony? Can you explain them?

these are based on a direct conversation on sunday i had with a hearts employee who travels with the team when that employee is rostered on.

these are based on a direct conversation on sunday i had with a hearts employee who travels with the team when that employee is rostered on.

Again, fair enough.

Francis Albert

I thought Vlad picked Kingston to keep him in the shop window. Or didn't pick him so he could be in the African Nations Cup shop window.

Or am I not up to date with Kingston-related conspiracy theories?

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Well apparently once it all calmed down Jankauskus waded in and hit Pressley. Then Niel McCann got involved. It all reached a head when Graeme Hogg had a pop at Levein so Levein emptied him.

A fight in a dressing room? Well I never!!! Come on guys a bit of perspective please. Granted i would rather they werent knocking 7 shades of ****e out each other but for it to happen so soon after the final whistle suggests it has something to do with the game. Last season we were ****ing our pants at them swaning off go-karting after yet another defeat and them being wage thieves. Its easy to pass this off as yet another incident that shows the downward spiral of this club into the gutter. Pish.

And as for certain employees of Hearts running around shouting thier mouths off to people in here about what happens in dressing rooms and on the training pitch kind of makes me wonder if they are people who we should be employing in the first place. The words in house often dont appear in thier vocabulary. I hope to god these people arent as quick to release tales of thier wives colour of knickers or which way the make the beast with 2 backs. Oh but hold on that kind of talk doesnt sell newspapers and inflate thier own feeling of sef importance.

Apologies I did not realise it had been posted already.

I am just posting what I have been told.

did your mate hear it here first?:)

Todays papers suggesting that Kingston will be fit and back in the squad for the weekend.

Another BS rumour put to bed?

Hopefully.

Guest JamboRobbo
Todays papers suggesting that Kingston will be fit and back in the squad for the weekend.

Another BS rumour put to bed?

Hopefully.

or perhaps confirms he was never really injured in the first place? :P

Personally I think if the rumours are true, it's good that someone like Berra cares. And if, as it would appear, Kingston doesn't care, then I'm glad to see the other players aren't just willing to accept him giving less than 100%.

All in all, if the Berra/Kingston fight rumours are true, I see it as a positive for the medium/longer term. this sort of thing happens in football all the time, and shows that the players (or at least some of them) actually care.

Nelly Terraces

Sorry to go 'off thread' a bit, but I've been away a coupla weeks on holiday and not up to speed with injuries etc, and didnt want to start a seperate thread. Can anyone give me a rundown of who, in our joke set up, is currently injured? A mate said Tullberg was out already, incredible, another new player who'se permo crocked. What about the rest of them?

Cheers in advance.

Tucker.

Guest juvehearts
Rubbish & you know it' date='

QUOTE']

So would i but who is talking about severin?? While we are at it id have Gattuso before Sevvy in that case

because scott wants to come back.

Guest juvehearts
Well apparently once it all calmed down Jankauskus waded in and hit Pressley. Then Niel McCann got involved. It all reached a head when Graeme Hogg had a pop at Levein so Levein emptied him.

A fight in a dressing room? Well I never!!! Come on guys a bit of perspective please. Granted i would rather they werent knocking 7 shades of ****e out each other but for it to happen so soon after the final whistle suggests it has something to do with the game. Last season we were ****ing our pants at them swaning off go-karting after yet another defeat and them being wage thieves. Its easy to pass this off as yet another incident that shows the downward spiral of this club into the gutter. Pish.

And as for certain employees of Hearts running around shouting thier mouths off to people in here about what happens in dressing rooms and on the training pitch kind of makes me wonder if they are people who we should be employing in the first place. The words in house often dont appear in thier vocabulary. I hope to god these people arent as quick to release tales of thier wives colour of knickers or which way the make the beast with 2 backs. Oh but hold on that kind of talk doesnt sell newspapers and inflate thier own feeling of sef importance.

Agreed 100% on this mate,

but it is the only information we have about the closed doors stuff that is avaiable as romanov doesnt speak to anyone or let anyone know what is happening with & about hearts.

before remanov if their as a fight it wouldnt be a problem because it would have been dealt with internally, now their is a lack of respcet from the top (romanov) & it has filtered down to everyone & no-one has respect for this club, the fans or the players & the players know this & 90% are playing for their pay check & NOT the ****r or Heart Of Midlothian & the players that do care are getting more & more hacked off every day because the majority are not giving 100% to the cause.

never done this before so here goes....................... FACT

Sorry to go 'off thread' a bit, but I've been away a coupla weeks on holiday and not up to speed with injuries etc, and didnt want to start a seperate thread. Can anyone give me a rundown of who, in our joke set up, is currently injured? A mate said Tullberg was out already, incredible, another new player who'se permo crocked. What about the rest of them?

Cheers in advance.

Tucker.

Neilson, Tullberg, Obua, Kello, Driver, Kingston all currently injured.

Not sure we've been given any indications of when the first three will return. Looks like the last three should be available for Sunday.

Neilson, Tullberg, Obua, Kello, Driver, Kingston all currently injured.

Not sure we've been given any indications of when the first three will return. Looks like the last three should be available for Sunday.

What was the story with Driver?

He was injured, he managed to play 90 cracking minutes in the derby and then he fails a fitness test (I think?) prior to the game last Saturday...

Is he injured again or was it just a temporary glitch? :)

An interesting thread with a few subjects mentioned...

To start - players scarpping in dressing rooms? Im all for it - its a mans game and pride and passion should be part of it. Ive had plenty argy-bargy with team mates at five a sides - we are all drinking mates but there is still a determination to win that can spill over.

Kingston? Undoubted ability - questionable application at times. Lets face it though - he is technically very good but you only have to look at his career path to see he is obviously missing something or he would have been away to one of the Premiership sides he was linked with seasons ago. Ive always said Hearts can attract good players but never great ones - theres always something missing or they would never be with us to start with - theyd be playing at a higher level. With Kingston is would seem to me his weakness can be injuries and the fact he can go missing for large portions of game - due to lack of application of his talents. Ive heard a few runmours that he has a move away lined up fpr January s it could be the old Skacel approach to just doing enough to stay in the team without risking injury.

Michael Stewart? Ive said it before and I'll say it again - good ability, great energy and determination. Plays for the jersey, doesnt hide. Yes, dodgy temperament but Id have 11 of him in the side every week as he'll stand up and be counted for the badge.

As for Severin - I believe we had signing talks with him a year 18 months or so ago when his first contract at the sheep was coming to an end BUT he failed a fitness test. Dodgy knee I think? I like him, good solid player, hard, determined and a fair bit of skill. Questions over pace and fitness for me - always looks like he's just had a hard night on the bevvy!

An interesting thread with a few subjects mentioned...

To start - players scarpping in dressing rooms? Im all for it - its a mans game and pride and passion should be part of it. Ive had plenty argy-bargy with team mates at five a sides - we are all drinking mates but there is still a determination to win that can spill over.

Kingston? Undoubted ability - questionable application at times. Lets face it though - he is technically very good but you only have to look at his career path to see he is obviously missing something or he would have been away to one of the Premiership sides he was linked with seasons ago. Ive always said Hearts can attract good players but never great ones - theres always something missing or they would never be with us to start with - theyd be playing at a higher level. With Kingston is would seem to me his weakness can be injuries and the fact he can go missing for large portions of game - due to lack of application of his talents. Ive heard a few runmours that he has a move away lined up fpr January s it could be the old Skacel approach to just doing enough to stay in the team without risking injury.

Michael Stewart? Ive said it before and I'll say it again - good ability, great energy and determination. Plays for the jersey, doesnt hide. Yes, dodgy temperament but Id have 11 of him in the side every week as he'll stand up and be counted for the badge.

As for Severin - I believe we had signing talks with him a year 18 months or so ago when his first contract at the sheep was coming to an end BUT he failed a fitness test. Dodgy knee I think? I like him, good solid player, hard, determined and a fair bit of skill. Questions over pace and fitness for me - always looks like he's just had a hard night on the bevvy!

...compared to the current crop who did had a hard night on the bevy??!!!

He was injured, he managed to play 90 cracking minutes in the derby and then he fails a fitness test (I think?) prior to the game last Saturday...

Depends if you get to games on time, then you hear the news, such as Driver failing a late fitness test....

A bit of passion is a very good sign.

Bit of a clich?, and one that always gets trotted out during discussions like this. If it's down to passion, it's a good sign. If it's because they hate each other, it probably isn't.

This is all if it's even true, which may and may not be the case.

No idea. I was away for the weekend. First I knew he was missing was when I picked up the Sunday Mail in Morrison's.

Driver would probably not have been played that week if it had been any other game except the derby.

He busted a gut and got through the game but failed to regain fitness in time for the next game and it was decided on the basis that he failed a fitness test not to put him in the sqaud - fairly simple as far as an explanation goes.

Kingston and Driver are both expected back in the team/squad for this weekend which is good news as far as I am concerned.

If the rumour of a fight was true then so be it - maybe they have resolved their differences and Kingston will come onto the pitch with an improved attitude.

Might even do him some good to start him going on the bench to show him after the team put in a good performance against Aberdeen he is not going to walk straight back into the team.

Bit of a clich?, and one that always gets trotted out during discussions like this. If it's down to passion, it's a good sign. If it's because they hate each other, it probably isn't.

This is all if it's even true, which may and may not be the case.

I agree with this.

I think that the odd punch up here and there isn't too bad in a solid, secure team where everything is otherwise o.k - these can be recovered from pretty quickly if both parties are generally on good terms and might just be from the heat of the moment.

However at Hearts i'm not sure how solid the team is at the moment or what terms the different players are on with each other, in-fighting isn't the best when there are real differences or ill-feeling which cannot be easily patched up.

Archived