Why Kingston Wasn't Playing On Saturday

DB-14

The Old Tolbooth
Maybe the pair of them have found a common ground.

Does anyone feel their relationship has affected their form together?

That statement almost makes then sound gay! :P

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nelly Terraces
Neilson, Tullberg, Obua, Kello, Driver, Kingston all currently injured.

Not sure we've been given any indications of when the first three will return. Looks like the last three should be available for Sunday.

Cheers for that. Pity Tullberg's out, could do with him getting a run of games in to improve his sharpness.

Maybe I've missed this but to me one very likely reason for Kingston to miss last Saturday would have been the choice of referee who, I think, sent him off against the same opposition in the past.

The transformation in Larry over the last year in terms of ability and attitude has been incredible.

He certainly appears to have the big time charlie swagger about him these days, which is a far cry from the Larry Kingston that showed up early last year. He always seemed humble and committed to the cause.

I reckon the club have to take some blame for this. As fans, we will big up anyone who puts in a couple of classy performances, and I'm not going to apologise to anyone for at times quoting him as one of the best midfielders in the league. IMO however, a club that has just finished 5th and 8th in the last 2 seasons shouldn't be selling t-shirts with a player's mug on it treating him like some kind of superstar. Paints the wrong impression of this great club, as Kingston isn't fit to lace the boots of Robbo, Mackay, Bauld etc. The kids will grow up thinking this guy is what the club is all about.

I hope he moves on in January, not only for the benefit of the team in terms of harmony, but also for his own good. If he stays, it could turn into a witchhunt.

Maybe I've missed this but to me one very likely reason for Kingston to miss last Saturday would have been the choice of referee who, I think, sent him off against the same opposition in the past.

If Kingston was in any danger of repeating the same sorts of offences as he did that day again then he should not be in the first team again ...:eek:

When i first heard that kingston wouldn't be playing against aberdeen through injury i didn't beleive it for a second. I didn't think he'd been in a fight with another player mind you. Just dropped from the team since he's been playing gash. possibly on the say so of vlad.

maroonlegions
This was posted last week, sounded pash then sounds pash now I'm afraid.

Wrong mate, a work mate who knows Lee Wallace really well confirmed this to me on Monday at work this is what he said to me that Wallace told him this"Kingston is NOT injured he was dropped for PUNCHING Berra in the face, he(WALLACE) had asked Berra after the incident "are you crying , Berra then said "NO I JUST FIND THESE GAMES EMOTIONAL", he has known Wallace for quite a while and has spoke of him in the past on a number of occasions.:cool:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Wrong mate, a work mate who knows Lee Wallace really well confirmed this to me on Monday at work this is what he said to me that Wallace told him this"Kingston is NOT injured he was dropped for PUNCHING Berra in the face, he(WALLACE) had asked Berra after the incident "are you crying , Berra then said "NO I JUST FIND THESE GAMES EMOTIONAL", he has known Wallace for quite a while and has spoke of him in the past on a number of occasions.:cool:

HAHA!

Do not shoot the messenger. I do not usually post garbage rumours. However, a good friend of mine who is very close with the father of a Hearts youth player, has told me Kingston was left out of Saturday's game for disciplinary reasons.

The reason Mr Kingston was allegedly disciplined was due to the fact that he and Berra had a major row after the game at Easter Road, where tempers did boil on the pitch.

I'm only passing information on you might wish to know.

:107years:

FTH.

It was Zaliukas he had the strop with.

Henry's right glove
The transformation in Larry over the last year in terms of ability and attitude has been incredible.

He certainly appears to have the big time charlie swagger about him these days, which is a far cry from the Larry Kingston that showed up early last year. He always seemed humble and committed to the cause.

I reckon the club have to take some blame for this. As fans, we will big up anyone who puts in a couple of classy performances, and I'm not going to apologise to anyone for at times quoting him as one of the best midfielders in the league. IMO however, a club that has just finished 5th and 8th in the last 2 seasons shouldn't be selling t-shirts with a player's mug on it treating him like some kind of superstar. Paints the wrong impression of this great club, as Kingston isn't fit to lace the boots of Robbo, Mackay, Bauld etc. The kids will grow up thinking this guy is what the club is all about.

I hope he moves on in January, not only for the benefit of the team in terms of harmony, but also for his own good. If he stays, it could turn into a witchhunt.

That's ridiculous mate. Any club is going to jump on the back of their "star" player for commercial reasons and to sell kit. Totally admit that he shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Mackay, Bauld or Robbo but putting their faces on mugs/t-shirts and printing their names on strips isn't going to entice the younger generation to buy stuff is it? You have to market with the present more than the past and leave it to our (?!) generation to pass on the details of the older players to the young. By the way, i'm only 32 and sound about 50!!

Archived