hibs (r) v hearts (r)

JAMBO.LOU

To be honest I think its a tad silly to believe a few people on a message board. As far as I remember, any reports from games on the players u mention have always been honest and realistic. I cant recall them being called wonderkids other than people getting way ahead of themselves based on god only knows what.

They are young players with potential as was evident from the teams that were interested in them. Its only natural people have high hopes for them but to call them wonderkids is daft especially when they have so much more learning and growing to do.

Fair dues Branny's bro used to talk alot about him but theres nothing wrong with that, why wouldnt he? Im sure he is a good player.

I recall Copil being in an article listing the top 50 most exciting youth players in the World or something but I also recall McGeady being labelled the next Ronaldo....

Lets just let them progress...if they make it great if they dont well thats life but to put labels on them isnt goin to do anyone any good.

And anyhow I think 'wonderkids' tend to go to Manchester Utd, barcelona and the like.

Fair enough what your saying.I just don't think either of them will make it and to be honest if they do it won't be with us.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And anyhow I think 'wonderkids' tend to go to Manchester Utd, barcelona and the like.

Surely it is all relative Bobby?

Of course, players of the standard of Messi, Ronaldo etc would go to the biggest clubs in the world. However, we don't need players to be as good as Messi and Ronaldo, we would be delighted to have players as good as Skacel, McCann, Bednar, Adam, Hartley, Flogel. A young Flogel and Bednar would be "wonderkids" to us right now.

I think it is reasonable for there to be a little more hope for both Kostadinov and Copil, given we were successful in "hunting" them and bringing them to our country, and in Copil's case, paying a fortune for an untested young laddie.

I don't mind hugely if these players do not make it, but we need to get good at spotting youngsters and bringing in good ones, only spending the amount we did for Copil to secure the highest calibre we can aspire to.

Fair enough what your saying.I just don't think either of them will make it and to be honest if they do it won't be with us.

Thats fair enough youre entitled to your opinion. All I can say is I am in no position to say either way as I dont work with them, have no experience of bringing young players on at that level aswell as the fact there are many factors involved which determine making it or not.

Time will tell.

Surely it is all relative Bobby?

Of course, players of the standard of Messi, Ronaldo etc would go to the biggest clubs in the world. However, we don't need players to be as good as Messi and Ronaldo, we would be delighted to have players as good as Skacel, McCann, Bednar, Adam, Hartley, Flogel. A young Flogel and Bednar would be "wonderkids" to us right now.

I think it is reasonable for there to be a little more hope for both Kostadinov and Copil, given we were successful in "hunting" them and bringing them to our country, and in Copil's case, paying a fortune for an untested young laddie.

I don't mind hugely if these players do not make it, but we need to get good at spotting youngsters and bringing in good ones, only spending the amount we did for Copil to secure the highest calibre we can aspire to.

Im not sure I agree with you regards flogel and bednar being thought of as wonderkids to us right now. I know what Im watchin, Hearts in the Scottish Premier League. Id just call them great (relative I know!!) players or very good players but wonderkids is just... too much.

I do get your point about relativity but to me if theyre good enough theyll make it, if theyre not theyre not. Im certainly not going to be more disappointed than I would be if a Scottish boy didnt make it just because a few kcikbackers have labelled them wonderkids for whatever reason..

I have high hopes too but I cant honestly say its based on anything other than the fact they were targeted by bigger clubs than us.

Im not sure I agree with you regards flogel and bednar being thought of as wonderkids to us right now. I know what Im watchin, Hearts in the Scottish Premier League. Id just call them great (relative I know!!) players or very good players but wonderkids is just... too much.

I do get your point about relativity but to me if theyre good enough theyll make it, if theyre not theyre not. Im certainly not going to be more disappointed than I would be if a Scottish boy didnt make it just because a few kcikbackers have labelled them wonderkids for whatever reason..

I have high hopes too but I cant honestly say its based on anything other than the fact they were targeted by bigger clubs than us.

I don't think kickbackers have anything to do with these two youngsters being labelled wonderkids, I would lay that blame firmly at the door of Hearts. In recent times, there has only been three announcements about signing youth players, Kostadinov, Copil and Wagner. The club do not announce signing Gary Glen from Hutchison Vale or Conrad Balatoni from Tynecastle Star, we reserved that for the above three, why?

So, you don't think that the fact we paid a six figure sum for Copil changes anything? Is it unreasonable to expect more from Beslija than you would from a free transfer from St Johnstone? I am sorry, but not so long ago our transfer budget would have been blown in one fail swoop had we spent ?250,000 on a player, and I would be expecting such a signing to pay out on that, certainly more than the free transfer from Holland who is a shot in the dark.

Drylaw Hearts
I don't think kickbackers have anything to do with these two youngsters being labelled wonderkids, I would lay that blame firmly at the door of Hearts.

I think Hearts had some help from a few on JKB to 'talk up' these players.

IIRC, some even wanted them involved in the First Team within days of signing.

Madness.

I don't think kickbackers have anything to do with these two youngsters being labelled wonderkids, I would lay that blame firmly at the door of Hearts. In recent times, there has only been three announcements about signing youth players, Kostadinov, Copil and Wagner. The club do not announce signing Gary Glen from Hutchison Vale or Conrad Balatoni from Tynecastle Star, we reserved that for the above three, why?

So, you don't think that the fact we paid a six figure sum for Copil changes anything? Is it unreasonable to expect more from Beslija than you would from a free transfer from St Johnstone? I am sorry, but not so long ago our transfer budget would have been blown in one fail swoop had we spent ?250,000 on a player, and I would be expecting such a signing to pay out on that, certainly more than the free transfer from Holland who is a shot in the dark.

All very valid and fair points. I guess what it comes down to for me is I like to make up my own mind about things like how good a player is or is possibly going to be. I certainly wouldnt believe they are wonderkids just cos someone or the club says so or indeed X amount was spent on them.

I also try to look at things in the wider context (not saying you dont) so to me a wonderkid is the likes of Messi.

Granted more is expected if decent money is paid BUT as I said earlier there are many factors that contribute to a player making it or not and labels, whoever places them, help noone IMO.

From our experiance I know another wonder facts. Stoichkov going outsite from Bulgaria 24 years old. Next... you know. Berbatov going to Leverkusenn exact 20 years old and start in first team regular after one year. Today Sir Alex tel "I mean, he was a great player, but when you have a player like Di Canio, who expresses himself as an individual, like (George) Best and Cantona did, and (Ryan) Giggs, Rooney, Ronaldo and (Dimitar) Berbatov do.

"We make heroes quickly here. Di Canio could have been in that category."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/28102008/58/premier-league-ferguson-attacks-blatter.html

http://www.prosport.bg

I'm sure that sarcasm for Branny is very swit. But will be good we to wait a little.

MacDonald

Thomson Balatoin Rapnik Park

Templeton Husband Stewart

Mole Glen

Makela

whos not in the squad that played last week?

I'm sure that sarcasm for Branny is very swit. But will be good we to wait a little.

How long do you, or Branny, reckon we'll have to wait? I just cant wait too see new blood in the first team and Branny and Copil etc have been around for a few years now! I just wonder if any of them are ever going to get the chance.

How long do you, or Branny, reckon we'll ha to wait? I just cant wait too see new blood in the first team and Branny and Copil etc have been around for a few years now! I just wonder if any of them are going to get the chance.

hope to see rapnik, mcgowan, branny,copil, husband this year-even on the bench n coming on. but for branny to get a chance he needs to start in the reserves instead of juho. juho cant play for the first team so plays for reserves and takes up places that youngsters should be getting :mad: if he's pesh for the reserves then he needs to go in january!

hope to see rapnik, mcgowan, branny,copil, husband this year-even on the bench n coming on. but for branny to get a chance he needs to start in the reserves instead of juho. juho cant play for the first team so plays for reserves and takes up places that youngsters should be getting :mad: if he's pesh for the reserves then he needs to go in january!

:fing10:

:fing10:

well juho should be given a chance in the first team and if he fails to score or look like a player then why is he still at the club. youngsters in the reserves should be getting their chance to prove themselves and earn a call up to the first team but cant do this with players who are just crap.

Two Egg Mayo sandwiches, two cheese and tomato sandwiches, a sausage roll and two cups of tea at half time for free. Good times...

...oh, the game? Full report coming soon for anyone still interested ;)

I need a car, getting back from Livi by bus is not fun. Had I taken my laptop I'd have had the report done by the time I got home.

Was that room open to everyone? I was going to gatecrash but didn't want turfed out.

Was that room open to everyone? I was going to gatecrash but didn't want turfed out.

Don't think so. I was getting a few dodgy looks myself as I was a good 10 years younger than anyone else there.

Don't think so. I was getting a few dodgy looks myself as I was a good 10 years younger than anyone else there.

Was I siting beside you during the second half in the leather seats?

Paatelainen was behind us?

Was I siting beside you during the second half in the leather seats?

Paatelainen was behind us?

Yeah, that would be me.

Sorry, didn't quote you for the report, despite 'it's all Makela's fault' being fairly accurate I didn't think they'd like it too much on the official website.

Yeah, that would be me.

Sorry, didn't quote you for the report, despite 'it's all Makela's fault' being fairly accurate I didn't think they'd like it too much on the official website.

I had many other useful quotes but mate:

1) 88th minute and Makela turns centre half

2) 84th minute and Hibs are taking it to the corners

3) 83rd minute Makela completes first pass

4) What a huge slice of luck for their winner

5) AK has used "Just For Men" on his hair, it's jet black

;)

My username being the giveaway,but i actually think Makela would offer somethng to the team,was at the game today and i thought he looked dangerous,he makes great runs and gets in good positions.I really think we will be making a mistake letting him go witout a prolonged run in the first team,i think hes capale of scoring around 25 + a season if he played everyweek.

Anyone saying Makela is worth a run in the first team makes me think you know very little about football and to have Clum as your aviator is even worse.

Mind you I see you have only posted 16 times so you are inexperienced.

It is so worrying that we are pash at all levels right now, youth leavel right up to the first team.

Is something EVER going to be done about this state!

It is very very hard to achieve any level of professional football.Thousands of parents proudly announce that their son is playing for Hearts,Hibs,Aberdeen etc in the iniative leagues.The reality is that very few make it through the system as prospects are taken on and discarded as they move through the age groups.Its a hard call but those that know their football and have experience have to make judgements about who goes forward and who does not.Parents and relatives , supporters often disagree with this judgement.The issue applies right through every level.

I am forever amazed at fans who want young and inexperienced players to play for the first team on the basis of a decent performance in the u19s or the reserves.Managers and coaches are continously looking at who can cope at a higher level.Its their call and their jobs that are normally on the line.We even get fans selecting their favoured team on the basis of not having seen a particular player perform

As an amateur footballer for years I was always aware that guys ,not that good, were better than me and for me to play a team from a higher division meant sticking the boot in big time to compete.It is self evident.And so it is at a higher level.If you know your football and have seen players perform then it should be very apparent who is able to cope and who is not.There are times when there is doubt and and argument and this is when players are given there chance or not.Gary Glen may come into this category.

Every manager has to assess the players at their disposal and the players level of ability in their role and where they are best deployed in the interests of the team.

Its not rocket science.Branny is nowhere near the !st team.Glen and Templeton maybe but are at this point not worth the risk.Same goes for centre backs.Zal is getting it in the neck after a couple of glaring mistakes.Are Rapnik or McGowan ready to step up?Who makes this judgement?I dont believe for one minute at this point in time that it is Vlad.We could have a big debate whether Karapidis is a better centre half than Zal.IMO I dont think so but there you go.

In the context of the above a reserve game -apart from helping 1st team players maintain and regain fitness- is about introducing younger players to a higher level and assessing their performances and ability to step up.The step is a big one

It is so worrying that we are pash at all levels right now, youth leavel right up to the first team.

Eh? That was their first defeat of the season in a game where we were much less experienced than our opponents. Not to mention their winner was aided by a massive deflection and we hit the post twice.

Would say it's interesting that Ryan McGowan wasn't even quoted. Fully training with the first team ahead of this weekend? I'd be surprised if he started but I'd expect him to be on the bench.

Unless he was just injured of course.

Would say it's interesting that Ryan McGowan wasn't even quoted. Fully training with the first team ahead of this weekend? I'd be surprised if he started but I'd expect him to be on the bench.

Unless he was just injured of course.

If he is I blame Makela :P

Anyone saying Makela is worth a run in the first team makes me think you know very little about football and to have Clum as your aviator is even worse.

Mind you I see you have only posted 16 times so you are inexperienced.

Yes obviously i have little knowledge of football.Perhaps you could enlighten me with your vast knowledge of the game i love and have played and watched since iv been able to.All at a very reasonable level i may add.

Eh? That was their first defeat of the season in a game where we were much less experienced than our opponents. Not to mention their winner was aided by a massive deflection and we hit the post twice.

And haven't the 19s won their last 4 games?

Malcolm Tucker

As has already been picked up on twice, that was their 1st loss of the season?

And the '19s are apparently doing really well as well, and do we not have an extremely talented u17s team??

Why do you make things up?

jamboinglasgow
As has already been picked up on twice, that was their 1st loss of the season?

And the '19s are apparently doing really well as well, and do we not have an extremely talented u17s team??

Why do you make things up?

too right, one defeat does not mean we are in freefall, think the right players are starting to shine in the reserves.

The U19s after a slow start are keeping a good winning streak going and are starting to show some good football despite the early blow of losing Danny Thomson to a very serious injury. Think there are a few stars that willmove to the next stage in the not too distant future.

I know last year the U17s were really talented, not heard anything about this year. heard they lost badly to hibs once but nothing else.Anyone know anything?

3 young Jambo's are in the Scotland U16 squad v Northern Ireland for the Victory Shield match being televised on Sky at 7.45pm this Friday.

Hearts youngsters involved are Shaun Thomson (goalie) and strikers David Smith & Jamie Walker

http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/clubNewsDetail/0,,10284~1435940,00.html

I saw a bit of that last week. The two outfield players started, with both players impressing. Smith scored a belter.

3 young Jambo's are in the Scotland U16 squad v Northern Ireland for the Victory Shield match being televised on Sky at 7.45pm this Friday.

Hearts youngsters involved are Shaun Thomson (goalie) and strikers David Smith & Jamie Walker

http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/clubNewsDetail/0,,10284~1435940,00.html

My dad watched one of the previous games and he says that Jamie Walker has the look of a real old fashioned winger - able to go past players with ease.

As a side point, I have no expectations of any of the high profile young players brought in through the pyramid system/agent scouting system because I assume that they have been scouted by the same people as those who have scouted the rotten first team buys.

I've struggled through all of this thread so might as well add my bit. First of all Korobochka did not sit all game cuddling his wife. He was, as usual, for much of the time on the phone. His wife was not even there during the second half! His hair is not jet black! It was died brown at the start of the season but is now slowly turning back to its normal colour as I could see flecks of grey in it! Anyway, that's the important bit out of the way, so on to the game.

I would disagree with the website report slightly in that I didn't think the game was too scrappy. There was a lot of good football from both sides with Templeton standing head and shoulders (if that's a correct description for someone so small) above everyone else on the park. His goal was a screamer and his confidence seems to be very high. I don't know why he was subbed - maybe with a view to Sunday? If so seems a strange one to start him in. Husband was also excellent, apart from a few misplaced passes, skilful and strong for his age. Juho was absolutely dreadful and why they persist with him I just don't know. I used to be one who was all for giving him a chance but having watched him in the reserves all season I've come to the conclusion he's just a big useless lump, and that's being kind to him! Jamie Mole drifted out to the wing too often for me. I would like to see him getting into the penalty box more often - I thought he looked as if he was hiding and this could be a confidence thing. Jamie MacDonald had a good game, made one top class save and had no chance with the goals. Jason Thompson was solid at right back. The central defensive paring of Balatoni and Rapnik looked very strong, though they were caught out for the first Hibs goal (remember how young they are though). Matty Park had one of his poorer games but was up against a very skilful opponent. He didn't help himself by getting booked fairly early on. Johnny Stewart continues to improve in the midfield. Branny came on at halftime and his first involvement was to make a couple of horrendous mistakes, one of which could have lead to a goal. However, after that he improved and was unlucky to see a shot come back off the post. I would like to see him in the middle in place of Juho instead of being stuck out on the wing. Gary Glen showed nice skill at times when he was on but flitted in and out of the game.

There were a few changes from last week (Ryan McGowan not even in the squad for instance) and the week before but the players brought in seemed to slot in very well and I put this down to the coaching. I know it's not the done thing, with some, to praise the coaching but they must be getting something right.

For those quick to criticise, this was the reserves first defeat of the season and there were, I think, 5 or 6 youths in the starting line-up, against a much more experienced Hibs team. Things are definitely much better than they were last season when watching them was prety dire.

Someone asked about Copil and why he isn't getting a game. Could this be something to do with him going AWOL earlier in the year and he is still serving his punishment? I don't know but I noticed him on the park before the Aberdeen game collecting the equipment. Maybe he's being taught a lesson.

Finally, don't these hobos take reserve games seriously, howling like wolves every time a Hibs player was fouled or went down and getting themselves into a real lather over every wee incident. Of course, when they have so little to get excited about, who can blame them!

Sorry for going on a bit. I've described the game as I saw it and don't for a moment expect everyone to agree with me. I enjoyed the game and saw much to encourage me for the future.

I've struggled through all of this thread so might as well add my bit. First of all Korobochka did not sit all game cuddling his wife. He was, as usual, for much of the time on the phone. His wife was not even there during the second half! His hair is not jet black! It was died brown at the start of the season but is now slowly turning back to its normal colour as I could see flecks of grey in it! Anyway, that's the important bit out of the way, so on to the game.

I would disagree with the website report slightly in that I didn't think the game was too scrappy. There was a lot of good football from both sides with Templeton standing head and shoulders (if that's a correct description for someone so small) above everyone else on the park. His goal was a screamer and his confidence seems to be very high. I don't know why he was subbed - maybe with a view to Sunday? If so seems a strange one to start him in. Husband was also excellent, apart from a few misplaced passes, skilful and strong for his age. Juho was absolutely dreadful and why they persist with him I just don't know. I used to be one who was all for giving him a chance but having watched him in the reserves all season I've come to the conclusion he's just a big useless lump, and that's being kind to him! Jamie Mole drifted out to the wing too often for me. I would like to see him getting into the penalty box more often - I thought he looked as if he was hiding and this could be a confidence thing. Jamie MacDonald had a good game, made one top class save and had no chance with the goals. Jason Thompson was solid at right back. The central defensive paring of Balatoni and Rapnik looked very strong, though they were caught out for the first Hibs goal (remember how young they are though). Matty Park had one of his poorer games but was up against a very skilful opponent. He didn't help himself by getting booked fairly early on. Johnny Stewart continues to improve in the midfield. Branny came on at halftime and his first involvement was to make a couple of horrendous mistakes, one of which could have lead to a goal. However, after that he improved and was unlucky to see a shot come back off the post. I would like to see him in the middle in place of Juho instead of being stuck out on the wing. Gary Glen showed nice skill at times when he was on but flitted in and out of the game.

There were a few changes from last week (Ryan McGowan not even in the squad for instance) and the week before but the players brought in seemed to slot in very well and I put this down to the coaching. I know it's not the done thing, with some, to praise the coaching but they must be getting something right.

For those quick to criticise, this was the reserves first defeat of the season and there were, I think, 5 or 6 youths in the starting line-up, against a much more experienced Hibs team. Things are definitely much better than they were last season when watching them was prety dire.

Someone asked about Copil and why he isn't getting a game. Could this be something to do with him going AWOL earlier in the year and he is still serving his punishment? I don't know but I noticed him on the park before the Aberdeen game collecting the equipment. Maybe he's being taught a lesson.

Finally, don't these hobos take reserve games seriously, howling like wolves every time a Hibs player was fouled or went down and getting themselves into a real lather over every wee incident. Of course, when they have so little to get excited about, who can blame them!

Sorry for going on a bit. I've described the game as I saw it and don't for a moment expect everyone to agree with me. I enjoyed the game and saw much to encourage me for the future.

Thanks for the report WeeToonJambo. I notice Gary Glen was subbed at half time, has he gone billy big time? Good to see Templeton playing well, if he is playing as well as is being suggested, I see no point in retaining 32 year old Ksanavicius when we have young player coming through who is probably better and could do with some first team game time to help his development.

Also, could Ryan McGowan's absence be because he has potentially been earmarked for first team duty this week?

It is very very hard to achieve any level of professional football.Thousands of parents proudly announce that their son is playing for Hearts,Hibs,Aberdeen etc in the iniative leagues.The reality is that very few make it through the system as prospects are taken on and discarded as they move through the age groups.Its a hard call but those that know their football and have experience have to make judgements about who goes forward and who does not.Parents and relatives , supporters often disagree with this judgement.The issue applies right through every level.

I am forever amazed at fans who want young and inexperienced players to play for the first team on the basis of a decent performance in the u19s or the reserves.Managers and coaches are continously looking at who can cope at a higher level.Its their call and their jobs that are normally on the line.We even get fans selecting their favoured team on the basis of not having seen a particular player perform

As an amateur footballer for years I was always aware that guys ,not that good, were better than me and for me to play a team from a higher division meant sticking the boot in big time to compete.It is self evident.And so it is at a higher level.If you know your football and have seen players perform then it should be very apparent who is able to cope and who is not.There are times when there is doubt and and argument and this is when players are given there chance or not.Gary Glen may come into this category.

Every manager has to assess the players at their disposal and the players level of ability in their role and where they are best deployed in the interests of the team.

Its not rocket science.Branny is nowhere near the !st team.Glen and Templeton maybe but are at this point not worth the risk.Same goes for centre backs.Zal is getting it in the neck after a couple of glaring mistakes.Are Rapnik or McGowan ready to step up?Who makes this judgement?I dont believe for one minute at this point in time that it is Vlad.We could have a big debate whether Karapidis is a better centre half than Zal.IMO I dont think so but there you go.

In the context of the above a reserve game -apart from helping 1st team players maintain and regain fitness- is about introducing younger players to a higher level and assessing their performances and ability to step up.The step is a big one

A very interesting take on the present set up. Maybe the real problem with Scottish Football is the make up of the present league set up. In the days of the eighteen team league it was possible for teams to blood younger players in the first team fairly easily. The fear factor in the SPL means that this is all but impossible - apart from maybe the last half dozen or so games in the season if your team is going no where. Personally, i still think that at sixteen team league is the answer with a cap on the number of "foreign players" allowed to be played in the squad. Maybe that would encourage the playing of younger players.

the jambo poet
A very interesting take on the present set up. Maybe the real problem with Scottish Football is the make up of the present league set up. In the days of the eighteen team league it was possible for teams to blood younger players in the first team fairly easily. The fear factor in the SPL means that this is all but impossible - apart from maybe the last half dozen or so games in the season if your team is going no where. Personally, i still think that at sixteen team league is the answer with a cap on the number of "foreign players" allowed to be played in the squad. Maybe that would encourage the playing of younger players.

how would that work when half of our youngsters are "foreign" ?...or does it not count if you have blooded them thru the youth system ?

how would that work when half of our youngsters are "foreign" ?...or does it not count if you have blooded them thru the youth system ?

I would say that if you have taken them through the youth system and academy - they would have to count as being "home grown".

UEFA rules exist already. When we play in Europe, we have to name a squad of 25, there are set rules on who they can be. You can have as many "academy" players as you want though.

mcgowans on international duty with a game against south korea this week.

good report, good to hear most of the younger players look good, shame about the score though

Guest Dipped Flake

Have to agree with weetoonJambo about the hibs fans. Every tackle it was 'get him off, that was a leg breaker'; was killing myself at them. Seem to be in a minority here as I thought Glen looked good, although as others have said, he was not playing as a striker. Can anyone tell me what number Husband was. I assumed it was 6, he looked really solid..

p.s. Clum was there watching the game

Don't talk rubbish mate, we playted a 19's side against a side that included Yantorno, Gattusi, Keenan, Hogg and Thicot. Considering that I thought we played very well. It was actually very encouraging yesterday. Especially watching Templeton run riot against a strong experienced midfield.

I expect Templeton, Husband and Rapnik to be pushing for a first team place this season. They're easily the best of the bunch.

Jam Tarts 1874
Have to agree with weetoonJambo about the hibs fans. Every tackle it was 'get him off, that was a leg breaker'; was killing myself at them. Seem to be in a minority here as I thought Glen looked good, although as others have said, he was not playing as a striker. Can anyone tell me what number Husband was. I assumed it was 6, he looked really solid..

p.s. Clum was there watching the game

On the basis that the reserve team is normally listed in a very straight forward 1-11 basis then Husband must have been the no:6 judging by the way the players are listed on the Hearts website report on the game. However no:6 has generally been worn in recent weeks by Johnny Stewart who is a holding midfielder. We will just have to wait until the high-lights pop-up.

Jam Tarts 1874

Is this the opinion of everyone at Robbo's, or did you come to this conclusion all by yourself?

Juho was absolutely dreadful and why they persist with him I just don't know. I used to be one who was all for giving him a chance but having watched him in the reserves all season I've come to the conclusion he's just a big useless lump, and that's being kind to him!

Wonder if his latest "fan" will continue to defend him ? :P

Excellent report by the way :cool:

Guest JamboRobbo
Probably from the coaching staff reports and by watching the players in training everyday....although I think Csaba was at last weeks reserve game, as a manager you either trust the information your coaches & scouts give you or you don't and if you don't then they shouldn't be working for you.

Exactly. They should be working for the manager. Not doing the owners bidding.

Cernakov GTF.

Korobothcup GTF.

Don't talk rubbish mate, we playted a 19's side against a side that included Yantorno, Gattusi, Keenan, Hogg and Thicot. Considering that I thought we played very well. It was actually very encouraging yesterday. Especially watching Templeton run riot against a strong experienced midfield.

I expect Templeton, Husband and Rapnik to be pushing for a first team place this season. They're easily the best of the bunch.

It wasn't Thicot, it was Pinau... and he scored the equaliser.

Archived