hibs (r) v hearts (r)

JAMBO.LOU

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Generic Username
You can never have too many people showing a bit hunger and willingness to succeed.

As for "German lad" did anyone see him today? The teamsheet claims he was there.

Where was your willingness and hunger?

You've openly admitted to watching AK cuddle his missus for 90 minutes, that's how you know he wasn't watching.

Obviously fair play to you for going along to see the reserves but I think they'd appreciate more vocal support from you than leering at older gents and their female friends for the games entirity.

I do believe the one I've refered to as "the German lad" (sorry I was out of the country during his appointment and I'm trying to get back up to speed with the dullness of SPL football) is Werner Burger as you undoubtedly already know.

The only time I've seen any involvement from the Hearts bench in the reserves was when Terry was taking them. Banks and co just sit on their hands at the games.

From what I've seen of Husband and Templeton (mainly last season admitedlly) and recent reports I would like to see them involved in the first team in the near future. I'd rather see one of them on the bench than Audrey tbh. At least if they came on they would be looking to make an impression.

Charlie-Brown
Not long back, I thought we played well considering it was an experienced hibs side that included Thicot, Keenan, Hogg, Chisolm , MacNeil:) and Gattussi. We hit the bar twice and if we'd had a striker on the park we would have won the match.

MacDonald 8 Made a great stop in the first half from a free kick and commanded his box well.

Thompson 7 Defended well and got down the right wing at every opportunity

Balatoni 6 Slotted in pretty well along side Rapnik and kept Ross Campbell quiet.

Rapnik 6 His usual solid self, strolled through the game.

Park 5 Not the most talented but got stuck in and had one good nasty challenge.

Stewart 6 Played the Karapidis role well.

Husband 7 Consistantly stands out in the reserves, he's a strong lad for his age and he gets forward well. Also angered Hibs by diving in about 20 seconds late on one of them before half time.

Templeton 9 Easily the best player on the park today, Scored an absolute peach and posed a threat every time he got on the ball. Cracked the post in the second half from a free kick before getting subbed at about the hour mark. Hopefully see him feature in the not to distant future.

Mole 6 Worked hard but struggled to create anything. He looks like he's well short on confidence. A few weeks in the reserves might be the best thing for him

Glen 6 I still don't think he's the wonder player people on here expect him to be. Neat and tidy but lacks pace.

Makela 2 Makela was Makela.

Overall I would say there are plenty of positives to take from the game.

Thanks for the report ukol much appreciated :thumb:

Good to see Templeton continuing his recent good form and hopefully can't be too far away from pushing for some first team involvement.

Regards Gary Glen some people think mistakenly that he might be some kind of new 'Robbo' but he's not an out & out goal poacher but at his best the kid is a very accomplished footballer and can play anywhere across attacking midfield and up-front, I've seen him play wide-right, wide-left, attacking-midfield, in-the-hole, support-striker and of course as main-striker when he played the lone striker role in the 4-5-1 first team last season - he needs to get back to his best obviously but the kid has plenty to offer and can be a very useful player in a number of positions.

Where was your willingness and hunger?

You've openly admitted to watching AK cuddle his missus for 90 minutes, that's how you know he wasn't watching.

Obviously fair play to you for going along to see the reserves but I think they'd appreciate more vocal support from you than leering at older gents and their female friends for the games entirity.

I do believe the one I've refered to as "the German lad" (sorry I was out of the country during his appointment and I'm trying to get back up to speed with the dullness of SPL football) is Werner Burger as you undoubtedly already know.

I stuck up for every player who had abuse screamed at them and it's hard not to know what AK was doing as he was sitting next to me. Still didn't stop me seeing the game, being aware his head was facing the opposite direction.

Burger wasn't there. On the teamsheet it has Chervenkov and Banks as coaches.

It just all looked very amateurish. Paatelainen was there and had contact with his dugout who were constantly heard. We had nobody who looked like they even wanted to be there.

The only time I've seen any involvement from the Hearts bench in the reserves was when Terry was taking them. Banks and co just sit on their hands at the games.

Thats what i noticed last week at the killie game, They had players like Murray, Skelton & Locke telling the young boys what to do, what they did right and what they could have done to improve the next time they are in the situation.

At Hearts we do not have anyone like that on the bench or even on the park. The boy who takes the hearts team just shouts someones name every 5 or 6 min.

Even the other week at the Falkirk game, Yogi was shout and giving the lads advice. Something which i think the youth/reserve players could do with. Hearts have a good youth set up but lack the experience i feel to develope these players.

Sounds familiar.

Indeed, Anyone who thinks Makela should be in the first team should watch him in the reserves. Dreadful.

Indeed, Anyone who thinks Makela should be in the first team should watch him in the reserves. Dreadful.

Never won a single header and made 1 completed 8 yard pass.

Looked like he'd been dragged out Lidl carpark ten mins b4 the game and asked if he fancied a game.

Drylaw Hearts

Only dreadful ?

One of his better matches then.

Drylaw Hearts
left wing, right wing, left wing in that order.

Thanks HANS.

I would have thought that it would have been better to play Glen at CF as surely Csaba must realise by now that Makela and Mole will not score goals at any level.

Was Csaba even there ?

Charlie-Brown
Thanks HANS.

I would have thought that it would have been better to play Glen at CF as surely Csaba must realise by now that Makela and Mole will not score goals at any level.

Was Csaba even there ?

That is not his best position though DH - he can play up front beside a main striker or he can play on the flanks or link between midfield and attack but I wouldn't say centre forward is his best position.

Drylaw Hearts
That is not his best position though DH - he can play up front beside a main striker or he can play on the flanks or link between midfield and attack but I wouldn't say centre forward is his best position.

Sorry NMH....

I did mean up front alongside Makela or Mole.

Thanks HANS.

Was Csaba even there ?

Nope.

AK sits with his missus all game talking and cuddling (he's died his hair black too :eek:) and Banks made sure he kept warm in a seat somewhere. Never once seen AC.

As I said it just looked amateurish.

Even the Hobos had Evans being very vocal on the side and liasing with Paatelainen about when to take his first team players off.

Apart from the subs coming on the only person to emerge from the Hearts dugout was the physio when we got an injury.

My username being the giveaway,but i actually think Makela would offer somethng to the team,was at the game today and i thought he looked dangerous,he makes great runs and gets in good positions.I really think we will be making a mistake letting him go witout a prolonged run in the first team,i think hes capale of scoring around 25 + a season if he played everyweek.

Charlie-Brown
My username being the giveaway,but i actually think Makela would offer somethng to the team,was at the game today and i thought he looked dangerous,he makes great runs and gets in good positions.I really think we will be making a mistake letting him go witout a prolonged run in the first team,i think hes capale of scoring around 25 + a season if he played everyweek.

Juho? :) or Barry Anderson? ;) or :hobofish: ?

Drylaw Hearts
Nope.

AK sits with his missus all game talking and cuddling (he's died his hair black too :eek:) and Banks made sure he kept warm in a seat somewhere. Never once seen AC.

As I said it just looked amateurish.

Even the Hobos had Evans being very vocal on the side and liasing with Paatelainen about when to take his first team players off.

Apart from the subs coming on the only person to emerge from the Hearts dugout was the physio when we got an injury.

I wonder how Csaba judges if any of the fringe players would be worth a go in the First Team if he doesn't go the Reserve Matches ??

:4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72:

Drylaw Hearts

I think Mixu should sign him.

Now, now, Juho, if it all you had to do to get in the team was register on here then the whole squad would be at it. Now away outside and practice some more. :wave1:

Sorry NMH....

I did mean up front alongside Makela or Mole.

It is not the way we play though under Csaba.

I agree that Makela should be nowhere near any of the Hearts sides but Mole is still young. :)

Juho? :) or Barry Anderson? ;) or :hobofish: ?

I was simply stating my opinion,just because you dont agree with it this makes me a hobo? Get a grip,it is a general messageboard where you may come to expect one or two conflicting opinions.

The Bulgarian coach is in charge of the reserves, is he not? (Cervenkov?)

Yes, after first loss game the coach is bulgarian. Like last year. Any victory is for Shaggy, any loss for Chervenkov. Maeby is normal. I don't know...

Charlie-Brown
I wonder how Csaba judges if any of the fringe players would be worth a go in the First Team if he doesn't go the Reserve Matches ??

Probably from the coaching staff reports and by watching the players in training everyday....although I think Csaba was at last weeks reserve game, as a manager you either trust the information your coaches & scouts give you or you don't and if you don't then they shouldn't be working for you.

Yes, after first loss game the coach is bulgarian. Like last year. Any victory is for Shaggy, any loss for Chervenkov. Maeby is normal. I don't know...

Haha that can be applied to a few scenarios!

Stating the obvious.

He talks to the reserve coach?

Stating the obvious.

If the reserve coach finds the time to play Makela and Mole for 90 minutes I wouldn't trust him to wash the strips never mind tell me who should be in my squad.

Iv stuck up for Makela until im blue in the face,id like to see him given 10 games in a row and see how he does,if hes played up front with Nade i feel they could be a dangerous pairing,with a more confident (after a very succesful loan spell at Livvie) Callum Elliot and Gary Glen as very able back up. I feel over a season he would easily outscore that rodent riorden over the road.I genuinly think Makela hasnt had a fair crack of the whip and could prove to be a great player for us.

Have i missed something where are the 2 wonderkids.Bulgarian and the Romanian?[/QUOT

Branny played 2nd half,Copil was nowhere to be seen

Drylaw Hearts
Probably from the coaching staff reports and by watching the players in training everyday....although I think Csaba was at last weeks reserve game, as a manager you either trust the information your coaches & scouts give you or you don't and if you don't then they shouldn't be working for you.

Stating the obvious.

Not good enough imo.

I wouldn't trust the Chernekov's judgement on anything after sitting through what we endured during his time in charge last Season.

And as for Banks.....

I thought he was Youth Goalkeeping Coach ?

Is he now Assistant Reserve Team Coach ?

Have i missed something where are the 2 wonderkids.Bulgarian and the Romanian?[/QUOT

Branny played 2nd half' date=Copil was nowhere to be seen[/quote]

Wonderkids eh? If they were any good surely they would start a reserve game.Ill bet neither of them amount to anything in the game.

Branny played 2nd half' date=Copil was nowhere to be seen[/quote]

Say me mate, because I don't watch nothing at the momment here. Is true or not that Branny have beam and plays very well. In my e-mail I have this info from good friend of my...Scottish.

Say me mate' date=' because I don't watch nothing at the momment here. Is true or not that Branny have beam and plays very well. In my e-mail I have this info from good friend of my...Scottish.[/b']

Not taking a dig at you.But both of them seem to have been made out to be wonderkids and of what i have seen of them they don't seem anything special and can't see them making it in the game.As i said nothing personal my opinion.

To me Branny just looks too lightweight to make it and iv not seen enough of Copil to judge him. Husband on the other hand looks like he will be a cracking player,great physique. At todays game i was very impressed by their midfielder Chisolm,never wasted a ball,sprayed it about brilliantly,won tackles and was always looking for the ball.My hobo mate said that he is not rated by any hobos,a player i think (controversially) could do a job for us in the future.

To me Branny just looks too lightweight to make it and iv not seen enough of Copil to judge him. Husband on the other hand looks like he will be a cracking player,great physique. At todays game i was very impressed by their midfielder Chisolm,never wasted a ball,sprayed it about brilliantly,won tackles and was always looking for the ball.My hobo mate said that he is not rated by any hobos,a player i think (controversially) could do a job for us in the future.

BigJuho did you see the two planks eating the McDonald's chicken nuggets? I thought they were going to get a kick-in at one point.

Sorry JamboBG, I did not mean it in that way. It was not intended as a slight on AC or his nationality.

Posters seemed to be speculating on who was in charge of the reserves and seemed to be divided between a Lithuanian and a German. As Angel came via Kaunas I thought it was worthwhile mentioning that he was Bulgarian.

Charlie-Brown
Not good enough imo.

I wouldn't trust the Chernekov's judgement on anything after sitting through what we endured during his time in charge last Season.

And as for Banks.....

I thought he was Youth Goalkeeping Coach ?

Is he now Assistant Reserve Team Coach ?

There is of course usually also video footage of these games as well DH unless the weather is particularly brutal........

Not good enough imo.

The players are excused for their performances last season because of Vlad's interference so maybe Chervenkov can be cut a little slack.

Branny - 181 cm, 71 kg. - 19 yers old

Filippo Inzaghi - 181 cm, 74 kg - 35 years old

Football is not only kilograms. Actualy anny have his opinion...

All the best!

Two Egg Mayo sandwiches, two cheese and tomato sandwiches, a sausage roll and two cups of tea at half time for free. Good times...

...oh, the game? Full report coming soon for anyone still interested ;)

I need a car, getting back from Livi by bus is not fun. Had I taken my laptop I'd have had the report done by the time I got home.

Sorry JamboBG, I did not mean it in that way. It was not intended as a slight on AC or his nationality.

Posters seemed to be speculating on who was in charge of the reserves and seemed to be divided between a Lithuanian and a German. As Angel came via Kaunas I thought it was worthwhile mentioning that he was Bulgarian.

AK is ukrainian with russian passport from Moskow. Former player(midfielder), coach and director of CSKA Moskow.

Angel Chervenkov is bulgarian, former player(central defender) and coach of CSKA Sofia

:fing10:

Not taking a dig at you.But both of them seem to have been made out to be wonderkids and of what i have seen of them they don't seem anything special and can't see them making it in the game.As i said nothing personal my opinion.

Who has made them out to be wonderkids? Genuine question.

A load of people on here.People u hear at games and the media.

To be honest I think its a tad silly to believe a few people on a message board. As far as I remember, any reports from games on the players u mention have always been honest and realistic. I cant recall them being called wonderkids although some people do get way ahead of themelves.

They are young players with potential as was evident from the teams that were interested in them. Its only natural people have high hopes for them but to call them wonderkids is daft especially when they have so much more learning and growing (not necessarily physically) to do.

Fair dues Branny's bro used to talk alot about him until he started getting abuse but theres nothing wrong with that, why wouldnt he? Im sure he is a good player.

I recall Copil being in an article listing the top 50 most exciting youth players in the World or something but I also recall McGeady being labelled the next Ronaldo....media bollocks, part of what makes football exciting and glamorous.

Lets just let them progress...if they make it great if they dont well thats life but to put labels on them isnt goin to do anyone any good.

And anyhow I think 'wonderkids' tend to go to Manchester Utd, barcelona and the like.

PS Im not having a dig at you and I realise Ive went off on a tangent.. :)

Archived