platonic relationhips?

chewbacca

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's probably not worth the hassle and the heart ache in the long run.

She'll either end up having weird looking flaps, kind of like 2 doors hanging off the hinges or she'll have a hairy chest.

It's good to see that your trip to the southern oceans has diminished your grasp of the finer points of the english language.

Generic Username
Been a slow year in the Polwarth area? :laugh:

I wouldn't know, I've not been here for a year.

It's good to see that your trip to the southern oceans has diminished your grasp of the finer points of the english language.

I missed you too my friend.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Maybe it's just my flatmate in particular but it would never happen, regardless of both of our excessive binge-drinking.

However I can concur that I've seen loads of friendships ruined in this way.

Ever passed out, can't remember the night before and woke up with a sore bum?

He's pumped you. FACT.

*shocked and appalled*

But it does explain a lot.

Kidding. Obviously. :rolleyes:

Or am I?

Maybe it's just my flatmate in particular but it would never happen, regardless of both of our excessive binge-drinking.

There is really only one way to 'discreetly' find out. Hide all his 'below the waist' clothes apart from a loose pair of shorts. The pair of you get blootered, cuddle up to each other on the sofa and as long as he doesn't have a microscopic one, you'll find out soon enough.

If the lad is really good pals with this lassie then my advice to him would be to do nothing. Stop hanging about with her for a while. His feelings will eventually pass IMO.

Had a similar thing with a lassie i liked for a while, we were good mates and slept together a few times. I wanted to take it further and she didnae, on the basis that it would probably end in tears. She was right and we have remained really good mates, i'm glad now that she made the decision she did.

Interesting how lots of girls come on to say its very possible....and guys say its not.

Yet still the girls seem to think they can talk for the guys, even when the guys are telling them to thier face they are wrong.

Sheesh.

And guys who say they have platonic friends, are either liars or havent realised that the people they are talking about are the people they wouldnt choose to be friends with, and are more likely friends with them becuase of thier friendship to someone else or proximity with a group of friends etc.

They would not choose thier company.

Interesting how lots of girls come on to say its very possible....and guys say its not.

Yet still the girls seem to think they can talk for the guys, even when the guys are telling them to thier face they are wrong.

Sheesh.

And guys who say they have platonic friends, are either liars or havent realised that the people they are talking about are the people they wouldnt choose to be friends with, and are more likely friends with them becuase of thier friendship to someone else or proximity with a group of friends etc.

You've obviously been brain washed by mediocre but popular 80s rom-coms.

You've obviously been brain washed by mediocre but popular 80s rom-coms.

Hardly, my eyes are wide open.

I think it those who are in denial who are brainwashed.

Hardly, my eyes are wide open.

I think it those who are in denial who are brainwashed.

I'd pump about 50% of my platonic female friends so you're half right.

:)

An amendment.

Those who do have platonic friends are those (not all, only some) who are sexually resigned (either married or old).

Generic Username

Chris Rock also said;

"I've got some platonic friends but they all happened by accident. Every platonic friend I've got is some woman I was trying to ****, I took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up in the friend zone."

or is it birds i have not banged yet

Doesn,t leave many does it then ya male tart:p

what, they know exactly what im like, if its a quick tumble then that is all it is, none of this relationship larky, gets in the way of good honest banging, soon as you get into a relationship the sex dries up

Jamie_the_Jambo

If I was invited out with girl friends and I often do there is sure to be one that I like but dont fancy. Y'know workmates etc. However, at the end of the night and after 7 pints you can bet your bottom dollar she'll get it if she wants it.

****, that was last week all over again.

Jamie

Doesn,t leave many does it then ya male tart:p

what, they know exactly what im like, if its a quick tumble then that is all it is, none of this relationship larky, gets in the way of good honest banging, soon as you get into a relationship the sex dries up

Ah you wee charmer you Pomps. Your bed post has that many notches its almost a toothpick

Malcolm Tucker

I got whacked off by one of my best female mates round the corner from City once.

I don't find her attractive (cracking chebs however). Sad thing is I'd probably slip one to most of my female mates apart from her. :(

Awell. Handy's a handy.

guys who say they have platonic friends, are either liars or havent realised that the people they are talking about are the people they wouldnt choose to be friends with, and are more likely friends with them becuase of thier friendship to someone else or proximity with a group of friends etc.

No. I don't fit into either box. I have had entirely platonic, non sexually inspired friendships with women for a long time. My only motive is that I happen to like their company. You are a guy? Do you have any female friends? Do you have a wife/girlfriend? Does she not have any male friends?

Ah you wee charmer you Pomps. Your bed post has thatmany notches its almost a toothpick

why settle down with one bird when you can have a few different ones, variety is the spice of life

why settle down with one bird when you can have a few different ones, variety is the spice of life

It certainly is auld yin:p

It certainly is auld yin:p

well little auld lady, it seems you have now learned how to use to quote button finally. old age must be hampering you these days

Looking back on my earlier point about now having three good females friends that I don't fancy, I must mention that if nicely liquored up I probably would shag at least two of them as long as I was sure of no ill-effects afterwards... and another couple of pints if I wasn't sure.

You can just be 'friends' with a girl. BUT, they must be attractive, for two reasons;

You might get to sleep with them, and you have to look at her when you're 'friends'. Case closed.

Also, this is why girls don't allow you to have female friends when you are going out with some one, they know you'd sleep with them given the chance.

well little auld lady, it seems you have now learned how to use to quote button finally. old age must be hampering you these days

Old age is most certainly hampering you. You haven,t said whether you think platonic relationships exist (which they do imo).

Sigh

I've got a few female friends I don't find attractive whatsoever and i'm in no way sexually resigned.

You guys do realise internet stereotypes don't really apply in the real world right?

Also I have male friends who if asked I would probably say are attractive, but that doesn't mean I'm only friends with them because I want to sleep with them.

This thread has so little logic in it it's unreal.

Malcolm Tucker
Looking back on my earlier point about now having three good females friends that I don't fancy, I must mention that if nicely liquored up I probably would shag at least two of them as long as I was sure of no ill-effects afterwards... and another couple of pints if I wasn't sure.

Aye, that's probably how I got jacked off by my not-so-attractive mate. I was sozzled.

5-pint-maybe, 8-pint-yes.

You can just be 'friends' with a girl. BUT, they must be attractive, for two reasons;

You might get to sleep with them, and you have to look at her when you're 'friends'. Case closed.

Also, this is why girls don't allow you to have female friends when you are going out with some one, they know you'd sleep with them given the chance.

so then why do have female friends who i dont find attractive?

Im so confused :confused:

Also I have male friends who if asked I would probably say are attractive, but that doesn't mean I'm only friends with them because I want to sleep with them.

This thread has so little logic in it it's unreal.

True. As with most of life, it is not as black and white as some make out. Life is usually many shades of grey, Louise.

Can a man or woman have an entirely platonic relationship with someone of the opposite sex? Of course. It is a little narrow minded to think otherwise, imo. However, I probably wouldn't wish to make a 'friendship' of an ex, or something like that.

Generic Username
Can a man or woman have an entirely platonic relationship with someone of the opposite sex? Of course. It is a little narrow minded to think otherwise, imo. However, I probably wouldn't wish to make a 'friendship' of an ex, or something like that.

Some on here would lead you to believe what you say is impossible and use phrases like "sexually resigned", whatever that might mean.

The reality is, not all blokes want to pie every single woman they meet.

I've got a few very close female friends and hopping on the good foot and doing the bad thing with them is the last thing on my mind.

Some on here would lead you to believe what you say is impossible and use phrases like "sexually resigned", whatever that might mean.

Yeah I know, I read those posts. :rolleyes:

Malcolm Tucker

The reality is, not all blokes want to pie every single woman they meet.

I've got a few very close female friends and hopping on the good foot and doing the bad thing with them is the last thing on my mind.

I think it changes from person to person, personally...

If you have good looking friends it will, undoubtedly, cross your mind at some stage that you wanna konk them.

However if your opposite sex friends look like they've come from the ugliest tree in all the land, and indeed fallen off said tree, then there won't be the physical attraction and any urge to knob them will end there.

To say all male-female friendships are sexually linked is a bit silly, but it is true in a lot of cases as well.

If you have good looking friends it will, undoubtedly, cross your mind at some stage that you wanna konk them.

However if your opposite sex friends look like they've come from the ugliest tree in all the land, and indeed fallen off said tree, then there won't be the physical attraction and any urge to knob them will end there.

To say all male-female friendships are sexually linked is a bit silly, but it is true in a lot of cases as well.

Surely 'attractive' is totally subjective though, isn't it?

It all comes down to trust imo.

Generic Username
I think it changes from person to person, personally...

That's the crux of it.

It can and does happen, why it's such a hard concept for some to grasp is beyond me.

I can accept that some boys like to do the Henry Ramshank with fat burds, just because it's something that isn't applicable to me doesn't mean it's impossible and never happens.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Brilliant posts here, I'm quite surprised some of the posters get any!

Ive had a few platonic friends I've done the dirty with over the years but its never ever worked out. Worst one was my mates sister after a bevvied night in the Volcano in the weeg. It was fine when we were both bevvied but sober it was like doing it with my sister (I dont have a sister)

imho opinion, any bloke that hasn't at least thought about doing their female friends is a liar or secretly gay.

I know I've thought about nailing all my female friends, just thoughts that I would never act on but thoughts all the same!!

Generic Username
Brilliant posts here, I'm quite surprised some of the posters get any!

Ive had a few platonic friends I've done the dirty with over the years but its never ever worked out. Worst one was my mates sister after a bevvied night in the Volcano in the weeg. It was fine when we were both bevvied but sober it was like doing it with my sister (I dont have a sister)

imho opinion, any bloke that hasn't at least thought about doing their female friends is a liar or secretly gay.

I know I've thought about nailing all my female friends, just thoughts that I would never act on but thoughts all the same!!

That's a bit of a bold statement.

If I use that kind of logic, everyone who doesn't vote is in fact a terrorist and wants to blow up Burger King restraunts.

chester copperpot

I find blokes who have girls as pals kinda weird.

I used to pal about with girls, but it was normally to try pump their pal, or pump them.

Otherwise they serve no use. That might just be me, but all my mates are blokes. Its the way nature intended.

Malcolm Tucker

If I use that kind of logic, everyone who doesn't vote is in fact a terrorist and wants to blow up Burger King restraunts.

To be fair I have thought about railing most of my female friends. But that's only because admittedly most of them are attractive.

Which again takes me back to my original point, I think physical attraction has a lot to do with it.

Generic Username
To be fair I have thought about railing most of my female friends. But that's only because admittedly most of them are attractive.

Which again takes me back to my original point, I think physical attraction has a lot to do with it.

I don't want to get tarred as the one who has NEVER thought about it, I've HAD female friends in the past and of course if they were a belter I've thought "I'd love to see her fire ping pong balls at me".

However in the same respect I've got some female friends who are admittedly very attractive girls but thats as far as my thought process on them goes.

To suggest someone is a poof because they don't want to ram every girl they meet is nonsense of the highest order.

I'm not saying every single female friend I've had has never entered into my mind in a sexual way, some have and some haven't.

Malcolm Tucker
I don't want to get tarred as the one who has NEVER thought about it, I've HAD female friends in the past and of course if they were a belter I've thought "I'd love to see her fire ping pong balls at me".

However in the same respect I've got some female friends who are admittedly very attractive girls but thats as far as my thought process on them goes.

To suggest someone is a poof because they don't want to ram every girl they meet is nonsense of the highest order.

I'm not saying every single female friend I've had has never entered into my mind in a sexual way, some have and some haven't.

Yeh I know what you mean man. Maybe it's because I haven't had a girlfriend in so long I just think about it more?

I don't think anyone was seriously calling anyone poofs though? I think (again going back to my orginal point :P) that it does change from person to person how they view these sorts of things.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Use whatever logic you want!!

Maybe I didnt explain my myself properly, I was talking about just thinking about what they'd be like in the sack not actively wanting to do them, and it was In My Humble Opinion

Or maybe I'm a colossal deviant

Attractiveness is surely subjective though, isn't it? Who you might find attractive, I may not, and vice versa. This all seems hugely complicated to me for no real reason.

The Mighty Thor

Over the years I have arrived at the conclusion that, in my particular experience, platonic female friends have generally tended to be longer term shag projects. Not all of them have been stunningly good looking, some have been attractive yet hugely disappointing, some have been far from 'beautiful' but great fun and surprisingly some are still friends now and one current 'platonic friend' (work colleague) I would shag in a heartbeat (and she knows it).

Relationships are a complex old caper aren't they?

suzie_preston

I have to say over the years I have had many platonic friendships that have been ruined when the guy has either made his feeling known by telling me or has made a move and then the friendship can never be the same again, then I think why did they have to ruining things & think I would fancy them?:eek:

Yes women can be friends without wanting anything more than friendship but I do believe men carn't :rolleyes:

Though it can & does work if they are an ex and the sexually feeling have died but the personality you liked and the common interests that you had are still there then you can be good friends :)

But that's just my opinion

It's probably just because I've had a bit of a smoke, but I've come up with a test to see how platonic a relationship really is.

Set up a situation where your platonic friend walks in on you in the scud having some private fun time. I bet most guys would say something along the lines of "Nice, you've warmed up for me" and jump right in there, whereas I bet most woman would laugh sheepishly and walk out the room.

Try it if you don't believe me.

Archived