Was it a Penalty??

Cal_

From my position in the Wheatfield I have no doubt it was NOT a penalty and Stewart should have been booked. I would like to see it again on TV though before being certain.

What I shall say however is that the ref, who was a disgrace, awarded a penalty and a good ref, if not sure, would have awaited an immediate signal from his assistant to confirm his belief. Conroy did not, thereby suggesting he was certain - so why did he allow his mind to be changed? Bias is the answer and this was evident when he booked Miko but let the sheep away with more serious fouls.

No wonder Scottish refs are shunned by EUFA etc. Incompetent is not the word.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just seen the penalty( that wasnt) because it wasnt a penalty, on setanta goals, thems the breaks, as for the treament of miko is racsist, nonsense, getting like sensitive old firm fans

just seen the penalty( that wasnt) because it wasnt a penalty, on setanta goals, thems the breaks, as for the treament of miko is racsist, nonsense, getting like sensitive old firm fans

i'll be the first too call you a hobo.:hobofish::107years:

Remain Nameless
not if you dont get that date correct, you're obviously a bogey hobo! you been at any games we won?:107years:

I was at Dumabrton in 1983 and we won, 7th May 1983...........maybe you should check but I am damn sure we did, remember Derek O'Connor scoring the last goal or maybe i was dreaming..........

I was in section G so at least 100 yards away but i'd say no.

From my vantage point i would say MS made a meal of it. The Ref had a far better view of the incident than me-- come to think of it, the ref had a far better view of it than the linesman.

From Section B it looked a dive, but TV often shows a different perspective. Looking forward to the TV replays.

Now if it is a dive will the authorties take the same view as FIFA did with Miko, ofter all Stewart is also a Jambo!

The decision by the linesman will cause chaos in the future, after every penalty players will try to get the linesman involved. If George Smith was the supervisor in the stand what would he say? I do know when he was a referee he would tell linesman before the game not to give any decisions bar throws and offside.

You know what will happen in the future a Hearts player will end up getting sent off for arguing in the future. I must have been at over three thousand games in my life and I still can't beleive the Davis incident and now rightly or wrongly we have another one.

I was in Section B row 14 essentially Looking over the linesmans shoulder. It didn't look like there was any contact.

I can only presume that the referee decided that Stewart slipped rather than going down on purpose and so didn't book him

That's entirely plausible having knocked the ball past the keeper he would need a spurt of acceleration to catch up with it and while his pace might have been up to it the surface might not have.

Thunderstruck

As I haven't seen a video replay, I can only go on the instantaneous view I had from Sect W and I was on my feet straight away shouting for a pen. This is all the Ref has to go on and his instantaneous view was that it WAS a pen.

I have to say that I have seen stonewallers denied and have seen highy debatable pens awarded but I have never been at a game where the ref, having decided, has had his mind changed by the assistant. The Davis incident was different in that he was drawing the refs attention to an imaginary foul on Kiriakos - that does happen and happened during yesterday's game.

There is absolutely no doubt that had Maloney, Nakamura, Boyd, Broadfoot or even Lee Miller been in a similar position yesterday, the ball would have ended up on penalty Spot.

Equally, there is no doubt that had Miko, Chesney or Audrey been in the same position, it would have been straight to a yellow card.

At the end of the day, it wasn't given and we have to live with that. Csaba is correct, we should have taken some of the chances that were made as we did have the better of the game.

From Section X, I thought there was a little contact, but immediately thought there's no chance we'd get a penalty, so was pleasantly surprised at the ref's decision.

It looks like that those who think there was contact were in seats behind the goals, and those who think there was no contact were in Wheatfield (like the linesman) or further away. And some people behind the goals thought no penalty.

So given that the TV pictures are from Wheatfield, we will conclude that it was no penalty - if there was a camera at the back of the Gorgie Rd stand it might look different...

Hope Csaba does not get too much of a punishment.

From Section X, I thought there was a little contact, but immediately thought there's no chance we'd get a penalty, so was pleasantly surprised at the ref's decision.

It looks like that those who think there was contact were in seats behind the goals, and those who think there was no contact were in Wheatfield (like the linesman) or further away. And some people behind the goals thought no penalty.

So given that the TV pictures are from Wheatfield, we will conclude that it was no penalty - if there was a camera at the back of the Gorgie Rd stand it might look different...

Hope Csaba does not get too much of a punishment.

In the highlights i saw last night it looked like there was no contact from both ends.As posted earlier it looked like the linesman got it correct.

Charlie-Brown

If it wasn't a penalty then fair enough HOWEVER we have every right now to expect so much more intervention and influence and correcting of referee's mistakes by the linesmen in EVERY game from now on!

If it wasn't a penalty then fair enough HOWEVER we have every right now to expect so much more intervention and influence and correcting of referee's mistakes by the linesmen in EVERY game from now on!

You'll get nowhere talking sense like that

It will be interesting to see how much more linesman will now get involved. w From a personel point of view i do not mind as long as the correct decision is made at the end.

watching the highlights of the Killie v Falkirk game,Falkirk got a dodgy pen and i bets you IF Killie give away another penalty the same way next game they will expect the linesman to get involved.My opinion is that i have thought that linesman do not do enough in helping the ref.So when one does there is no way i can really complain if one does and makes a correct and better decision than the ref.

Archived