Was it a Penalty??

Cal_

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oopsupsideyerheed

I have it on VERY good authority............it was NOT a penalty unfortunately. But I have never heard of a ref reversing his decision before.

Sit in the Gorgie and whilst we all shouted for it as it was always going to be one to claim for I didn't think it was a pen and was surprised when it was given. I actually noticed the linesman immediately and was shouting that it was going to be overturned.

Malinga the Swinga

Did the ref have a clear view, yes. Was he closer than the linesman, yes. Would the linesman have interfered if it was a decision for old firm, no. Were we cheated, yes.

I have it on VERY good authority............it was NOT a penalty unfortunately. But I have never heard of a ref reversing his decision before.

Did the linesman tell you????? :P

I can give you the authorative version as it happened directly in front of me! Stewart knocked the ball past Langfield, Langfield then brought Stewart down. Yes he cleverly played for it, but it was in my opinion still a penalty!

This is from the same Linesman that let Bruno take a corner from a foot outside the circle, and he manages to see a difficult decision 40 yards away, dont make me laugh! The referee was closer to the incident than the linesman.

Can you imagine this happening to rangers or celtic? no I dont think so!

JamboBazualdo

My reaction from Wheatfield Sect C was No, but agree when does the linesman ever over rule the referee? and why no booking then?

from where i was sitting in section Y it didnt look like a penalty but i guess we will have to wait and see a replay

Oopsupsideyerheed
I can give you the authorative version as it happened directly in front of me! Stewart knocked the ball past Langfield, Langfield then brought Stewart down. Yes he cleverly played for it, but it was in my opinion still a penalty!

This is from the same Linesman that let Bruno take a corner from a foot outside the circle, and he manages to see a difficult decision 40 yards away, dont make me laugh! The referee was closer to the incident than the linesman.

Can you imagine this happening to rangers or celtic? no I dont think so!

it wasnt a penalty.

From Section P I said "dive" right away.

Dont know for the life of me how the linesman could have been in a better position than the referee to have him change the decision, but if between them they have got it right then we have absolutely NOTHING to moan about.

I think they HAVE got it right. End of arguement.

Walter Bishop
My reaction from Wheatfield Sect C was No, but agree when does the linesman ever over rule the referee? and why no booking then?

Kyriakos Penalty v Rangers springs to mind!!!!:(

I sure shouted for it in Section P but couldn't see TBH. I also shouted for 3 Aberdeen handballs but didn't get any of them...Bad day at the office.

I was sitting in Roseburn today and didn't think it was a pen but whether it was or was not is irrelevant; how often in your life of watching football have you seen a ref point to the spot over a challenge in the box and the linesman overrule. It never ever happens but I have seen it twice both at Tynie and both against Hearts. Go figure.

Malinga the Swinga
I was sitting in Roseburn today and didn't think it was a pen but whether it was or was not is irrelevant; how often in your life of watching football have you seen a ref point to the spot over a challenge in the box and the linesman overrule. It never ever happens but I have seen it twice both at Tynie and both against Hearts. Go figure.

Correct, the ref had a better view of it than linesman yet he was persuaded to reverse decision. We now have people saying he changed mind because the ball was out of play first, that Stewart dived, and that he didn't dive but wasn't fouled. All of these stories come with authority they are right. They can't all be so unless the ref/linesman tell why he/they changed his/their mind, I reserve the right to my opinion that the ref and linesman were cheating scrotes who didn't give us anything all day.

scottish_chicP

I was in section S and didn't see it properly but the thing that got me was if it wasnt a pen why was Stewart not booked!? Such inconsistency in refereeing!

NO IT WAS NOT A PENALTY I WAS IN SECTION A . NO CONTACT HE DIVED.

spoke with mikey stewart after the game and basically said too him straight why did u dive he said i never he said there was contact but obviously there must have been contact on my blind side.The bad part is he dived.

The ref gave the penalty how could he over rule it i don't know.

stirlingshirejambo

spoke with mikey stewart after the game and basically said too him straight why did u dive he said i never he said there was contact but obviously there must have been contact on my blind side.The bad part is he dived.

Daydreamer back again did you manage to get ?7 to get in game today or did you burst through turnstile:eek:

Where did you speak to stewart exactly?

maltese jambo

if the referee gave the penalty then he must have seen it and he must of believed that it was a foul. Therefore it doesnt matter if it was a dive or if the linesman didnt think it was a penalty, the fact of the matter is that the referee is where the buck stops and he had already decided he thought it was a penalty.

never in my life

hobo

Daydreamer back again did you manage to get ?7 to get in game today or did you burst through turnstile:eek:

Where did you speak to stewart exactly?

after the game before he walked too the school car-park too get into his car.

hobo

never call me a hobo again u piece of low life ****.

i goto as many hearts matches as i can as i play saturday football i'll be at the celtic game with my UJ and cheering the jambos on. i'll be at inverness away staying overnight can't wait.

FTH!

stirlingshirejambo
never call me a hobo again u piece of low life ****.

i goto as many hearts matches as i can as i play saturday football i'll be at the celtic game with my UJ and cheering the jambos on. i'll be at inverness away staying overnight can't wait.

FTH!

hobo lowlife

I'm in section C, at first it looked like a penalty but he did go down easily, there may or may not have been contact, I couldn't see at the moment the contact may or may not have been made.

I think it seems worse because the ref seemed to give it then take it away again:sad:, although it's not guarenteed that Stewart would have scored, he has missed one this season. Also, if it definitely wasn't a pen, well done to the linesman, if that happened the other way around we'd all expect the linesman to step in, he called it the way he seen it.

I agree with what Csaba said though, "we should have won the game without the penalty".

Says the one who started a thread specifically about not going to the game? I could be wrong, but I think you talk a load of mince 'jamborory'.

:biggrin:

You're funny though.

From section Z, definitely not a penalty. I was still irritated that the decision was reversed, though. They talk about decisions 'evening themselves out'. Except Hearts now seem to be subject to extra scrutiny that doesn't happen with other teams to ensure we don't get our side of the 'even' breaks. When have you ever seen an assistant making such an intervention? Unless you count that guy Davis who intervened in the opposite way to persuade the ref to GIVE a pen to Rangers a few seasons back.

I Was in Wheatfield section C. If I'm honest id say it was not a pen, he either slipped or dived, ref must have thought he slipped as no booking, my brother who was at the game with me also thought it was not a pen.

My mind is a muddle now but can anyone clearly remember Stewart's reaction? I'm pretty sure he was fairly insistent that he deserved a penalty...

Not that it really matters to be honest, just wondering....

My mind is a muddle now but can anyone clearly remember Stewart's reaction? I'm pretty sure he was fairly insistent that he deserved a penalty...

Not that it really matters to be honest, just wondering....

To be honest I don't think he looked overly shocked when the decision was over turned.

Nucky Thompson

Caught you lying twice now, yesterday you said you were in N2:hobofish::107years:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/583825-post13.html

You've got to try a wee bit harder.

Sitting in Section A, I thought Stewart dragged his left foot to make contact with Langfield. Should have been a corner.

Guest jambomickey
Caught you lying twice now, yesterday you said you were in N2:hobofish::107years:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/583825-post13.html

You've got to try a wee bit harder.

off course he's a hobo boo! last week he was on begging money for a ticket off strangers on jkb then after the game he was telling us he was in corporate hospitality and then he kept saying different things and being caught out lying

It WAS a penalty because the feckin ers hole of a ref gave it.(initially)

I have and older fans, have never witnessed a moment like that in football to date.

Since when did a linesman overule a refs decision??? The ref gave it because he thought it was a pen.

The linesman can draw the attention of the ref if he didn`t witness foul play and the linesman did, BUT NOT overule a decision the ref actually gave.

FFS

Archived