Was it a Penalty??

Cal_

The Old Tolbooth
I thought you weren't going to the game today but were playing instead?

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=32876

Fecking typical Hobo, no fecking brains:107years:

He tells so many lies that he forgets what he's said in the first place, I mean why would anyone hang around after the game in the pishing rain just to ask Stewart if it was a dive or not, probably listened to it on the radio.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nucky Thompson
off course he's a hobo boo! last week he was on begging money for a ticket off strangers on jkb then after the game he was telling us he was in corporate hospitality and then he kept saying different things and being caught out lying
I saw that thread too, then I happened to look on Junkies.net and there was a thread started about scranning yams:rolleyes: Hmmmmmmm. Why isn't he punted though? All the evidence points to an illiterate Hobo.

Guest jambomickey
I saw that thread too, then I happened to look on Junkies.net and there was a thread started about scranning yams:rolleyes: Hmmmmmmm. Why isn't he punted though? All the evidence points to an illiterate Hobo.

should be punted mate! it's quite funny how many times he's told porkies and been caught out:)

Oopsupsideyerheed
It certainly was and the referee agreed he gave it!

Be pedantic.........but it wasnt......and we didnt get.......a penalty.

Whether it was a penalty or not the ref had a shocker. In fact, during that 10 minute spell he completely lost the plot. Could you imagine the same thing happening to Rangers or Celtic on their own grounds? No chance. I'd very much like to know what the linesman said to change the refs mind? I mean, he blew imediately after Stewart went down so must have been pretty convinced in his own mind. Of course we;ll get the usual crap from pundits and journo's that it was commendable that the linesman interfered and that Hearts players are divers, but I find it a very strange course of events.

willie wallace

If the right decision was made i can live with it as long as it happens every week.Whatever reason the linesman gave to the ref he was basically telling him that he got it wrong and should change his decision.Can't remember that happening very often.

Whether it was a penalty or what the ref gave a penalty, he was surronded by Aberdeen players he went to the linesman and changed his decision, I think this is the first occasion the referees descision was not final , clear evidence that the SFA/GFA have an agenda agaist us. Woulld this ever happen iwith any other team? I very much doubt it. I hope Csaba landed a good yin. The mafia is alive and well

Andy davis mark 2. Lineasman over ruling ref's? Only at Tynecastle eh? Imagine these decisions at parkheid or ibrox? Video evidence A.S.A.P.

Cappuccino Kid

According to 107- Hearts own video analyst said there was no contact between Langfield & Stewart.

I agree there is no way any assistant ref would have done that at ibrox or celtic park.

FFS, contact or not the ref saw a penalty and that`s it.

I have never, and im sure most of you are the same, saw a decision like that happen in all of the live games on tele(premiership, spanish etc..) or being at games over the years.

The Old Tolbooth
Dive.

Though what exactly did the linesman say that made the ref overturn the decision yet not book Stewart?

That's exactly what I was thinking too mate, and the only thing I can think of was that he told the ref that Langfield got the ball first and that it was in fact a goal kick, therefore no sending off for the keeper and no booking for Stewart.

Surely the asst ref is there to do just that. If he says he saw an incident clearly and tells the ref and the ref has faith in the guys opinion, then surely its a good thing that the ref was able to accept he may have been wrong. I applaud the ref for having the courage to change a decision he made. It would have been easy for him to ignore the linesmans opinion.

NO IT WAS NOT A PENALTY I WAS IN SECTION A . NO CONTACT HE DIVED.

spoke with mikey stewart after the game and basically said too him straight why did u dive he said i never he said there was contact but obviously there must have been contact on my blind side.The bad part is he dived.

The ref gave the penalty how could he over rule it i don't know.

jackanrory

I was sitting in section N upper and even from my ridiculous advantage point i said to my mate that it was never a penalty ! I even pointed out that the this decision will get overruled by the linesman . TBH we did not deserve to win today . I am not a great fan of 1 up front . If we had play with 2 strikers we probably would have won today considering the amount of balls that we provided across goal with no takers . Miko, what were you thinking when you skinned the full back in the 2nd half , got to the byline then lost all composure by blasting a sort of cross cum shot to no one in particular when all it needed was a simple dink pull to the penalty spot !

Anyway a good decision from the linesman and ref. There is no conspiracy against Hearts because surely if there was the penalty would not have been awarded in the first place !

I agree that it would not have happened at celtic park today if it was still 2-2 with 5mins remaining though .

dirty cheating orange fenian orange hobo sheepsh*gging weegie Mikoist barsteward, there that about says it all about the so called impartial referee today, a complete disgrace, and if I get chuked out for this then you are part of the status quo.

NO IT WAS NOT A PENALTY I WAS IN SECTION A . NO CONTACT HE DIVED.

spoke with mikey stewart after the game and basically said too him straight why did u dive he said i never he said there was contact but obviously there must have been contact on my blind side.The bad part is he dived.

The ref gave the penalty how could he over rule it i don't know.

How could you have asked him after the game when your a Hubs supporter ? :rolleyes:

Son Of Anarchy

Happened right in front of me,clear dive but ref gave it so wheres our luck? exactly we have none, gfa will always ensure we got nowt. They picked on Miko again today, gave us nothing and that linesman was a joke,even over ruling the ref ffs? We will never get a fair crack at the whip and will always be called paraniod.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

I am in section Y and it looked like the "I've seen them given" variety.

I thought it was a soft one, but I was happy to take it.

You think you have seen it all as a Hearts fan. But as we were leaving at the end everytone was saying they had never seen the like before: A linesman overuling a referee over a penalty.

Would never happen at Ibrox or Parkhead, the official would not be leave the ground alive.

"I've seen things you people would'nt believe..."

Charlie-Brown
I am in section Y and it looked like the "I've seen them given" variety.

I thought it was a soft one, but I was happy to take it.

You think you have seen it all as a Hearts fan. But as we were leaving at the end everytone was saying they had never seen the like before: A linesman overuling a referee over a penalty.

Would never happen at Ibrox or Parkhead, the official would not be leave the ground alive.

"I've seen things you people would'nt believe..."

It has never happened at Ibrox, Parkhead, Hampden or anywhere else involving those 2 teams......more than that they even managed to a get bye kick turned into a penalty not vice versa. :o

Happened right in front of me,clear dive but ref gave it so wheres our luck? exactly we have none, gfa will always ensure we got nowt. They picked on Miko again today, gave us nothing and that linesman was a joke,even over ruling the ref ffs? We will never get a fair crack at the whip and will always be called paraniod.

Think we are still a little bit raw after the game . Let us not forget the penalty we got in the scottish cup final 96 and in the very same game the close shave when mccoist went down on the box line in the last 2 mins !

gorgie rd eh11

No idea whether it was or it wasn't, but i do know if it was given for c*ltic or r*ngers, the ref would not have been influenced by the opposition. His decision would have stood. Different rules for the rest of us.

Think we are still a little bit raw after the game . Let us not forget the penalty we got in the scottish cup final 96 and in the very same game the close shave when mccoist went down on the box line in the last 2 mins !

96 MY ARSE CLEAR OFF HOBO. AND REF NEVER GAVE IT AND CHANGED HIS MIND AFTER CONSULTING THE OPPOSITION:hobofish:

96 MY ARSE CLEAR OFF HOBO. AND REF NEVER GAVE IT AND CHANGED HIS MIND AFTER CONSULTING THE OPPOSITION:hobofish:

I love the way you are automatically assumed a Hobo if you dare disagree with the rose tinted view .

No i am not a Hobo just a realist mate .

gorgie rd eh11

98 mate, no Jambo would get that wrong.

exactly

Ok then, 98 big mistake i got that wrong even though i was at the game at dens in 86 at all the disaster semis , at dumbarton in 83 so you are right i couldn,t possibly be a jambo eh ?

Ok then, 98 big mistake i got that wrong even though i was at the game at dens in 86 at all the disaster semis , at dumbarton in 83 so you are right i couldn,t possibly be a jambo eh ?

not if you dont get that date correct, you're obviously a bogey hobo! you been at any games we won?:107years:

gorgie rd eh11

I'm surprised you can spell jambo.

Paisley Jambo

Not a penalty. Stewart played for it and who can blame him as others would have done it.

What really bugs me is that they two officials would never have dreamed of changing thye decision at The Piggery or Greyskull. :mad:

We would just have heard that to55er McVicar telling us they are human and make mistakes for the rest of the week.:mad::mad::mad:

In my opinion it was a penalty. Langfield came rushing out dived in and made no contact with the ball, putting Stewart of stride.

Similar thing happened to Fulham last season against Arsenal when the ref gave fulham a penalty but the linesman over-ruled him.

High up in Section W of the Gorgie. Looked like there was slight contact but Stewart definitely made the most of it.

For me... no penalty.

I also have no problem with the ref then talking to the linesman. We often bemoan the fact the lack of communication between officials which will often result in wrong decisions. IMO, today their communication got it right. I'm like Csaba, more ****ed off we couldn't have had them buried before and after this incident.

High up in Section W of the Gorgie. Looked like there was slight contact but Stewart definitely made the most of it.

For me... no penalty.

I also have no problem with the ref then talking to the linesman. We often bemoan the fact the lack of communication between officials which will often result in wrong decisions. IMO, today their communication got it right. I'm like Csaba, more ****ed off we couldn't have had them buried before and after this incident.

but would this have happened at darkheid or ipox? I think not, the ref might/would have said he made a human error, cheats more like

I Was In Row Z It Was Definetly A Penalty .

i'm sure the rows at easter rd are lettered, but unfortunatly not at tynecastle :o

I'm in section G and my first reaction was that it was a dive, have to wait to see the replays

But, the main point is there is no chance they would make a decision like that against Rangers or Celtic

If it wasn't a penalty then surely mikey should have been booked for a dive? Was in section A and thought it was a stone waller. Just my opinion

didn't look like a penalty from section x but how was the decision reversed and how did the linesman not see the blatant dive form their no 22 which happened 6 feet from his nose?

Not being paranoid but I am stuck for a rational answer

marshallschunkychicken

From where I was (section D), it looked as though Mikey drew the contact from Langfield, the sort of thing you'd argue was a penalty if it's for you, but would be livid if it went against you.

I was laughing that it was a close call when it seemed like we had it, then screaming abuse when that wee knob of a linesman intervened.

didn't look like a penalty from section x but how was the decision reversed and how did the linesman not see the blatant dive form their no 22 which happened 6 feet from his nose?

Not being paranoid but I am stuck for a rational answer

Strange, from where I was in X it was a penalty.

Need to wait for the tv I think.

When will we first see highlights? Thought there might be something on Setanta tonight but switched over and I'm currently being treated to Accies v Rangers...not what I had in mind...

lost in leith
From where I was (section D), it looked as though Mikey drew the contact from Langfield, the sort of thing you'd argue was a penalty if it's for you, but would be livid if it went against you.

I was laughing that it was a close call when it seemed like we had it, then screaming abuse when that wee knob of a linesman intervened.

Snap! Sit in Section C and was very surprised when he gave a pen. Expected Mikey to get a yellow for diving when the decision was overturned. Maybe the linesman thought Langfield got a touch and played the ball on to Mikey's leg? Ironic to see that erse Diamond screaming at Mikey a few minutes after he had gone down like a sack of spuds after minimal contact :mad:

It doesn't matter now whether it was a penalty or not what DOES matter is that in all my years watching football I've never seen a referee having his decision over ruled by a Linesman/Assistant referee. Yes, a referees decision has changed after consultation with another official but only because that official spotted another offence such as offside or a foul before the actual incident took place. But for a referee to completely change his mind about awarding a penalty when he was much closer to the incident than the assistant simply beggars belief.

But I have never heard of a ref reversing his decision before.

I've seen a ref change his mind after consulting a linesman many times.

I've seen a ref change his mind after consulting a linesman many times.

Of course you have, but only because a linesman spotted another offence before the offence in question took place. In todays case the referee was closer than the linesman to the incident and therefore MUST stick to his decision as he obviously gave it as he saw it. To change his mind is an admition

that he was originally intending to cheat Aberdeen.

Seymour M Hersh
Couldn't see really from where i was.

Yes, the ref gave it and he had a really good view. Now why it was overturned is a really good question.

From the top of the gorgie stand I thought it was a dive... but very close.

What peed me off was that 2 aberdeen defenders had clearly dived infront of the linesman yet both times the dons got a free kick, did the linesman try to overrule those decisions.

and as said above, would the above happen if it was a hun/tim that went down in the box.

Archived