Moronic chanting

jayjay

I would just like to say the people singing about Dene Shiels only having One eye were a disgrace to the club. to Mock a disability like this is shocking and these people should hang their heads in shame.

The fact that the lad has made a career in the game with this disability he should not have to suffer minless idiots mocking it.

I would just like to say the people singing about Dene Shiels only having One eye were a disgrace to the club. to Mock a disability like this is shocking and these people should hang their heads in shame.

The fact that the lad has made a career in the game with this disability he should not have to suffer minless idiots mocking it.

I agree that it is a bit cringeworthy, but as posted elsewhere I am very peeved of people highlighting these things but the Hibs fans behaviour goes un-noticed.

PS Was it ok for the Hibs fans to mock Alan Sneddon??

That's nothing jayjay, you should of heard the absolute plank I had a disagreement with in the toilet just before half time.

He was attempting to start a chorus of 'ain't no black in the union jack, send the b*****ds home'. When I told him to shut his disgusting mouth I was threatened with physical harm so left.

What is it about football matches and people who are almost brain dead?! My 6 year old son wondered why I hadn't got him a ticket for the game and I think this example answers the question perfectly.

I agree that it is a bit cringeworthy, but as posted elsewhere I am very peeved of people highlighting these things but the Hibs fans behaviour goes un-noticed.

PS Was it ok for the Hibs fans to mock Alan Sneddon??

So what do we do? Just ignore it? Try and cover it up? Na didnt think so!!!!!!

So what do we do? Just ignore it? Try and cover it up? Na didnt think so!!!!!!

Did i type that??

you should put your feelings in writing to the club or stand up to these people.

Did i type that??

you should put your feelings in writing to the club or stand up to these people.

I did mate i had an argument with one Ned for singing it. Said to me to shut my mouth or he would shut it for me. I told him he was more than welcome to have a bash. The clown then proceeded to stop after realising his threats didnt scare me.

You obviously didn't read the thread last week, there was a 5 pager condoning the Sheils song (before it got deleted). I'm surprised it wasn't heard being belted out on national TV showing everyone what great fans we are :rolleyes:

I did mate i had an argument with one Ned for singing it. Said to me to shut my mouth or he would shut it for me. I told him he was more than welcome to have a bash. The clown then proceeded to stop after realising his threats didnt scare me.

Well done you:):)

Whilst I do not agree with the actions of an element of the Hearts support I am not going to jump on the "This Mini Hun" bandwagon, every club has this element. And our fans are certainly not any worse than the Hobo's.

You obviously didn't read the thread last week, there was a 5 pager condoning the Sheils song (before it got deleted). I'm surprised it wasn't heard being belted out on national TV showing everyone what great fans we are :rolleyes:

At least you have something to moan about this morning. :)

That's nothing jayjay, you should of heard the absolute plank I had a disagreement with in the toilet just before half time.

He was attempting to start a chorus of 'ain't no black in the union jack, send the b*****ds home'. When I told him to shut his disgusting mouth I was threatened with physical harm so left.

What is it about football matches and people who are almost brain dead?! My 6 year old son wondered why I hadn't got him a ticket for the game and I think this example answers the question perfectly.

was that going to be aimed at Nade and Kingston or Samba and Thicot - not that it matters. As you say - disgrace.

brellierlegend

That song is a disgrace. The people that sing it are a disgrace to the club. One song I will never sing even though I can't stand the little turd.

Guest juvehearts

ffs get a grip on this board eh.

hearts fans are singing a song about a player who has one eye,

THE WHOLE COUNTRY KNOWS THIS.

talk about taking the fun out of football lads eh

whats next, we cant sing SFA w*nk,w*nk,w*nk or the ref's a banker,

The PC on this orum has got to stop, its like being in with a group of old grumpy men gathered in a pub, moaning & grunting about the youth these days.

rant over

EDIT** Is it still Ok to sing we deek sleeps in michael jackson's bed? or am i a disgrace to heart of midlothian football club also?? **EDIT

brellierlegend

The PC on this orum has got to stop, its like being in with a group of old grumpy men gathered in a pub, moaning & grunting about the youth these days.

rant over

EDIT** Is it still Ok to sing we deek sleeps in michael jackson's bed? or am i a disgrace to heart of midlothian football club also?? **EDIT

Get a grip FFS. Its not PC at all. Gloating about a lad who only has one eye is pathetic. There is nothing "PC" about not liking that.

The people that sing it are a disgrace to the club. You can whine, bitch and moan about "the PC orum" but you need to sort yourself out and realise that even at the football some things are not acceptable.

Grow up.

Walter Payton

rant over

Can you honestly not see the difference between singing about an organisation being incompetent and an individual having a disability? I wouldn't ever regard myself as being a member of the "PC Brigade" and am definitely up for having a laugh and a sing-song at the football, but while giving abuse to opposition fans I definitely couldn't see myself singling out a crippled guy in a wheelchair and thinking he was fair game for songs like "your legs don't work". Can you explain what the difference is?

Guest juvehearts

Sorry everyone, i must apologize for singing, oh the hibees are gay, as on this board everyone who chants moronically is now a disgrace to the club.

brellierlegend
Sorry everyone, i must apologize for singing, oh the hibees are gay, as on this board everyone who chants moronically is now a disgrace to the club.

You are what is wrong with the Hearts fanbase. Hang your head in shame.

What is it that everyone see's as being so wrong in this song.

Dean Shiels does have one eye.

It's not like fans are being racist or sectarian nor is it a song that could get the club into trouble.

I also seem to remember a large part of the Hearts supporters applauding him when he came back from his operation, he then lost that respect by punching Craig Gordon.

Get a grip FFS. Its not PC at all. Gloating about a lad who only has one eye is pathetic. There is nothing "PC" about not liking that.

The people that sing it are a disgrace to the club. You can whine, bitch and moan about "the PC orum" but you need to sort yourself out and realise that even at the football some things are not acceptable.

Grow up.

Here here. What is so funny about laughing at someone who has a disibility? I just don't get. These people must have the mental age of a 5 year old! Is this what folk need to do to feel better about themselves?

Can you honestly not see the difference between singing about an organisation being incompetent and an individual having a disability? I wouldn't ever regard myself as being a member of the "PC Brigade" and am definitely up for having a laugh and a sing-song at the football, but while giving abuse to opposition fans I definitely couldn't see myself singling out a crippled guy in a wheelchair and thinking he was fair game for songs like "your legs don't work". Can you explain what the difference is?

One of them is in a wheelchair the other has one yak. The boy with the wheels isnae gonnae get far on a grass pitch there for wouldnt be putting himself out in the public forum subjected to ridicule for the slightest difference. Again tho he has only got one eye. Im sure he knows this as does everyone else, people singing it are only reminding the rest what a survivor sheils is, I mean he's playing fitba and he's only got one eye. Surely this deserves recognition. One eye ffs, what a guy.

Nothing wrong wi stating the truth. Dean Sheils has only got one eye.

There is when you use that fact in a negative manner.

The only thing wrong with him is he is a hobo loser.:107years:

Guest juvehearts

The difference is that, this gentleman in question IS A FAN of the wee team.

its called banter, i dont seem what the problem is, because across the whole country you have fans slagging off other fans.

hearts get in in the neck every away game from others, for having a non scottish team, players getting racially abused every game (its not acceptiable) but it happens.

Players get paid a fortune to play a profession they love & should accept that they are going to get stick, slagged, or mocked at football parks across the country

do yourself a favour & accept that it is just banter & get on with your life & try not worry about fellow fans having a laugh.

remember, you cant change the world by yourself.

MacDonald Jardine

It's not like fans are being racist or sectarian nor is it a song that could get the club into trouble.

I also seem to remember a large part of the Hearts supporters applauding him when he came back from his operation, he then lost that respect by punching Craig Gordon.

You know fine well what's wrong with it.

The song isn't just pointing out a fact, it's suggesting there's something wrong with only having one eye.

I don't hear too many songs about "He's got brown hair" etc.

rudi must stay

it's just a bit of fun mate. football would be a far worse game if we didn't have silly chants like that imo

You know fine well what's wrong with it.

The song isn't just pointing out a fact, it's suggesting there's something wrong with only having one eye.

I don't hear too many songs about "He's got brown hair" etc.

ha haaa!!! i think there should be a song made up to abuse bald players.

some hair... you've only got some hair... you've only got some hair... you've only got some hair...

apologies in advance to all partially-barneted fellas.

it's just a bit of fun mate. football would be a far worse game if we didn't have silly chants like that imo

What utter nonsense. Would chants about David Murray being wheelchair-bound be viewed in such a jovial light? It is the same thing. Its nothing to to with PC, just common decency.

Fozzyonthefence

OMG - have you actually got an IQ?

rudi must stay
What utter nonsense. Would chants about David Murray being wheelchair-bound be viewed in such a jovial light? It is the same thing. Its nothing to to with PC, just common decency.

as long as he isn't offended by them then yes, if they are taken in the wrong way i.e seriously then that's when they're wrong imo

More mock-outrage.

Disability??? Please.

What exactly is it "disabling" him from doing? Other than being able to walk around and still see where he's going whilst winking - not a lot.

The wee ***** HAS only got one eye.

Is singing a song on par with assaulting our goalkeeper with a punch in the face in the 'moronic' stakes? I think not.

Walter Payton
More mock-outrage.

Disability??? Please.

What exactly is it "disabling" him from doing? Other than being able to walk around and still see where he's going whilst winking - not a lot.

Being blind in one eye is recognised as a disability. FACT.

Only morons abuse somebody for having a disability.

scottish_chicP

Singing about someone's disability is sad and pathetic. Taking the fun out of football? What a sad world you must live in if thats what you consider fun!

Get off your high horse, you're sounding like a wee woman.

Do you condone Dean Sheils' assault on Gordon? That's why the wee **** gets abuse, and rightly so.

I couldnt give a hoot what its "recognised" as.

Tell me what its disabling him from doing as he lives out his life as a professional footballer.....??

My thoughts and pities go out to those whom have a disability which limits their choices in life and hinders them on a daily basis - those whom are "disabled" from doing things.

He DOESNT fall in to that category.

An absolutely moronic chant, nothing less.

Not shameful, illegal, sectarian or un-PC. Quite simply embarrassing.

Guest juvehearts

You are right & wrong.

you are 100% correct in saying being blind in one eye is recongnised as a disability.

you are wrong when it comes to Deane sheils (sp)

His 'disability' is not hampering his life to live a normal life.

weither you think its acceptiable or not, fans are still going to sing this song & others too, because he is 1 of 2 things.......

1 a player of a rival team

2 a person playing a game that we love & didnt persue as a career.

IF you are offended by this song then thats your own feelings, but dont come on here expecting everyone to feel the same as you.

you are narrow minded to call every a moron that sings that song.

Walter Payton
I couldnt give a hoot what its "recognised" as.

Tell me what its disabling him from doing as he lives out his life as a professional footballer.....??

My thoughts and pities go out to those whom have a disability which limits their choices in life and hinders them on a daily basis - those whom are "disabled" from doing things.

He DOESNT fall in to that category.

Having a full range of vision, and I'd imagine his sense of depth and perspective would be hindered as well.

SNTH- I think Sheils should be fair game for abuse, particularly because of the Gordon incident. He should NOT be abused for his disability though, that makes us bigger morons than he is.

Would all the fans who think its only "banter" think the same if he played for Hearts and the hobo's were singing songs and taking pirate flags along to the games to mock him?

Regardless of the Craig Gordon incident I think Shiels has shown tremondous strength of character to get where he has today with his disability and I think the people who mock him for that just show themselves up as idiots.

Get off your high horse, you're sounding like a wee woman.

Do you condone Dean Sheils' assault on Gordon? That's why the wee **** gets abuse, and rightly so.

Wrong. It was being sung long before the assault on Gordon.

weither you think its acceptiable or not, fans are still going to sing this song & others too, because he is 1 of 2 things.......

Spot on mate.

Funny how it suited the Hibee's fine to comment on his "disability" when they used it as his excuse for "not seeing" CG when he attacked him after that penalty huh.

rant over

I'm absolutely sick of Kickback now.

The PC Brigade excuse seems to be used by everybody to sing whatever they want.

There's a massive difference between something being "PC gone mad" and simply wrong.

Why should I sing abuse about a guy having one eye?

Why should I shout racism at the black players for the whole game?

Why should I sing about being up to my knees in fenian blood?

Why should I sing 'Oh Edinburgh is Wonderful'?

There is a massive difference between these songs and "SFA w*nk w*nk w*nk" etc. If people can't see the difference then they are frankly idiots.

I've seen all of the above things condoned on this forum in the last 24 hours. The pathetic reasons are always: we sung it before you were born, we were drunk so we can sing what we want, you're just part of the PC Brigade etc.

I'm really getting put off posting on here now and it really saddens me to see fellow Hearts fans justifying racism and other things on here.

Walter Payton
You are right & wrong.

you are 100% correct in saying being blind in one eye is recongnised as a disability.

IF you are offended by this song then thats your own feelings, but dont come on here expecting everyone to feel the same as you.

I fully support abusing Dean Sheils for the reasons you've given. It is however moronic IMO to abuse somebody because of a disability- if that makes me narrow minded in your book, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

I'm sorry Juve you have let yourself down with that comment... fair enough give him it tight for being a Hobo but you are condoning the singing of the song by not condemning those who sing it... is that a double negative!! :)

portobellojambo1

You have to laugh sometimes at some of things people say on this forum, and I don't mean laugh in a funny way.

People were outraged at what Riordan and his friends sang about Rudi Skacel, outraged by many other things Hibs fans have sung.

And they claim we are better than them, they are lowlife, we are better than them, we wouldn't reduce ourselves to their level. And how do they show this, they go out and have a couple of shandies and quickly become unable to distinguish between football banter and mocking a disability.

If you want to be treated as or consider yourself to be better than people you consider **** you shouldn't act like **** yourselves.

How anyone can get any pleasure out of singing that song, or even class it as football banter is beyond me, and the last thing I would class myself as is a prude.

The next time you tell an OF fan he shouldn't be singing about battles/freedom struggles which took place somewhere else many, many years ago, because they have feck all to do with football your answer to his response "and losing your eye has got what to do with football" would be interesting to hear.

There are a variety of songs which could be sung, which show you object to Dean Sheils because he plays for Hibs, and which could be classed as football banter, when all you can think of is a song to mock a disability it really is time to call it a day and grow up.

Romanov Stole My Pension

The chant isn't very nice, but we're talking about a derby here. Anything short of racism is acceptable at an Edinburgh derby in my opinion.

Players WILL get abused for anything that is abnormal about themselves.

I abuse Shiels for being a cyclops, Riordan for being a complete jakeball, makalamby for being a terrible keeper... etc.

You have to laugh sometimes at some of things people say on this forum, and I don't mean laugh in a funny way.

People were outraged at what Riordan and his friends sang about Rudi Skacel, outraged by many other things Hibs fans have sung.

And they claim we are better than them, they are lowlife, we are better than them, we wouldn't reduce ourselves to their level.

That's the bit that gets me most. Numerous people on here seem obsessed with saying how much better we are than Hibs fans and that we wouldn't sink to their level.

Every time Hibs fans do something wrong like the booing of the minute's applause they are outraged and say it shows how our support is better and has more class.

Yet we have plenty of problems with a minority of our own fans. You can't go raging about Hibs fans when there's people on this forum defending everything that our own fans do.

And they claim we are better than them, they are lowlife, we are better than them, we wouldn't reduce ourselves to their level. And how do they show this, they go out and have a couple of shandies and quickly become unable to distinguish between football banter and mocking a disability.

If you want to be treated as or consider yourself to be better than people you consider **** you shouldn't act like **** yourselves.

How anyone can get any pleasure out of singing that song, or even class it as football banter is beyond me, and the last thing I would class myself as is a prude.

The next time you tell an OF fan he shouldn't be singing about battles/freedom struggles which took place somewhere else many, many years ago, because they have feck all to do with football your answer to his response "and losing your eye has got what to do with football" would be interesting to hear.

There are a variety of songs which could be sung, which show you object to Dean Sheils because he plays for Hibs, and which could be classed as football banter, when all you can think of is a song to mock a disability it really is time to call it a day and grow up.

:clap:

Guest juvehearts

the question is tho.

does his disability hamper his day to day living?

its not stopped him from persuing a football career, he should be commended & riddled at the same time.

weither people agree or disagree with singing or not singing that song i feel this debate will continue.

The way i feel on the whole saga is, yes he has a disability,

NO it doesnt stop him from being a dirty wee scrote who play's for hibs & i will give him it tight every time i see him play for hibs.

If i see him on the street, im not going to go into a tirade of abuse, ill leave that for the terraces as football & real life differ.

football is something to be enjoyed & to have fun at.

outwith the football arena is not.

I agree that is is wrong to riddcule ANYONE with a disability that HAMPERS their livleyhood.

sheilds is different because, IT DOESNT AFFECT HIS WOKING LIFE, he can still do things he wants to do.

being in the public spotlight makes him prone to abuse, he is man enough to take these things on. I congratulate him on this & i can guarntee you that it makes him stronger & more determined to prove everyone wrong.

their are right & wrong's about this song, it wont stop people sining this & both sides of this devide will never come to an agreement.

I can see this being a very hot talking point.

Walter Payton
The chant isn't very nice, but we're talking about a derby here. Anything short of racism is acceptable at an Edinburgh derby in my opinion.

Players WILL get abused for anything that is abnormal about themselves.

I abuse Shiels for being a cyclops, Riordan for being a complete jakeball, makalamby for being a terrible keeper... etc.

Genuine question- why is abusing somebody for having a disability acceptable, but racism unacceptable?

I'll say again- I've NO problem with Shiels getting abuse, particularly at a derby. Abusing him for being blind in one eye though is out of order IMHO.

Archived