Moronic chanting

jayjay

You have to laugh sometimes at some of things people say on this forum, and I don't mean laugh in a funny way.

People were outraged at what Riordan and his friends sang about Rudi Skacel, outraged by many other things Hibs fans have sung.

And they claim we are better than them, they are lowlife, we are better than them, we wouldn't reduce ourselves to their level. And how do they show this, they go out and have a couple of shandies and quickly become unable to distinguish between football banter and mocking a disability.

If you want to be treated as or consider yourself to be better than people you consider **** you shouldn't act like **** yourselves.

How anyone can get any pleasure out of singing that song, or even class it as football banter is beyond me, and the last thing I would class myself as is a prude.

The next time you tell an OF fan he shouldn't be singing about battles/freedom struggles which took place somewhere else many, many years ago, because they have feck all to do with football your answer to his response "and losing your eye has got what to do with football" would be interesting to hear.

There are a variety of songs which could be sung, which show you object to Dean Sheils because he plays for Hibs, and which could be classed as football banter, when all you can think of is a song to mock a disability it really is time to call it a day and grow up.

Here here! Folk that get there thrills from ripping disabled folk, get a life man! It could be you one day, then we'll see how funny you find it. Maybe they're just jealous that despite haveing a pretty serious handicap he has still managed to make it professional and they haven't.

Walter Payton
You have to laugh sometimes at some of things people say on this forum, and I don't mean laugh in a funny way.

People were outraged at what Riordan and his friends sang about Rudi Skacel, outraged by many other things Hibs fans have sung.

And they claim we are better than them, they are lowlife, we are better than them, we wouldn't reduce ourselves to their level. And how do they show this, they go out and have a couple of shandies and quickly become unable to distinguish between football banter and mocking a disability.

If you want to be treated as or consider yourself to be better than people you consider **** you shouldn't act like **** yourselves.

How anyone can get any pleasure out of singing that song, or even class it as football banter is beyond me, and the last thing I would class myself as is a prude.

The next time you tell an OF fan he shouldn't be singing about battles/freedom struggles which took place somewhere else many, many years ago, because they have feck all to do with football your answer to his response "and losing your eye has got what to do with football" would be interesting to hear.

There are a variety of songs which could be sung, which show you object to Dean Sheils because he plays for Hibs, and which could be classed as football banter, when all you can think of is a song to mock a disability it really is time to call it a day and grow up.

Well said PJ1, you've explained the point far better than I ever could and would sum up my attitude entirely.

Your logic is completely flawed juvehearts. Does being black hamper the way your can perform in life? No it doesn't. (Although it wouldn't surprise me if the people who do the racist chants think that it does as I've heard that argument before).

:bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo: Best post I have read on this site for a long time.

I'll say again- I've NO problem with Shiels getting abuse, particularly at a derby. Abusing him for being blind in one eye though is out of order IMHO.

So..... abuse is ok, but only if it meets YOUR guidelines???

In your eyes, what IS it acceptable to abuse him for??

Abuse is abuse. I find it somewhat ironic that you will condone one sort of abuse but not another.

Walter Payton
So..... abuse is ok, but only if it meets YOUR guidelines???

In your eyes, what IS it acceptable to abuse him for??

Abuse is abuse. I find it somewhat ironic that you will condone one sort of abuse but not another.

Stuff he could change, stuff he has done or the team he has chosen to play for are fair game in my book. Something like a disability or racism (things somebody can't change about themselves or happens to be the cards life has dealt them) is out of order in my book. I only heard it on the bus after the game, but I also heard Hearts fans singing about Riordans mum being almost dead and Scott Brown's sister already being dead- do you think that's acceptable as well?

Guest juvehearts
Your logic is completely flawed juvehearts. Does being black hamper the way your can perform in life? No it doesn't. (Although it wouldn't surprise me if the people who do the racist chants think that it does as I've heard that argument before).

YES,

but no it shoudnt.

examples are the british police force & the armed forces.

as for my logic, ill worry about that, you worry about your own, i aint gonae lose sleep ofer you mulling weither my logic is correct for 21st century britian or not.

Frankenstein Jambo.

I can just imagine the fecking hype that would happen if one of the athletes in the paralympics where abused because of his disability. What the feck is the difference here? All of you who abused sheils yesterday should be ashamed of youself.

rudi must stay
I can just imagine the fecking hype that would happen if one of the athletes in the paralympics where abused because of his disability. What the feck is the difference here? All of you who abused sheils yesterday should be ashamed of youself.

it's just a bit of fun mate. I'm sure he didn't take it seriously, if that's right then there's no problems imo

Walter Payton
it's just a bit of fun mate. I'm sure he didn't take it seriously, if that's right then there's no problems imo

What do you base that on? Do you think the supporters that sing these songs would stop if they thought it actually caused offense? Somehow I don't think they would...

rudi must stay
What do you base that on? Do you think the supporters that sing these songs would stop if they thought it actually caused offense? Somehow I don't think they would...

probably not mate. But the fans aren't being serious anyway

Frankenstein Jambo.

It wouldn't be fun if they where singing racist songs towards Kingston. The lad has one fecking eye, its a disability, its something he didn't choose, would you abuse someone with one leg or one arm? would you abuse someone if they couldn't talk? No you wouldn't so why is this so different? Disgrace to the lot of you.

Frankenstein Jambo.
probably not mate. But the fans aren't being serious anyway

They where intending to offend sheils so they where being serious.

rudi must stay
They where intending to offend sheils so they where being serious.

doubt it mate. Did he not get an op to fix his eyesight anyway

You can't be serious surely?

They picked on something that they thought would offend him. That's why they sing the song.

Don't act like an idiot and pretend people sing it for any other reason than to mock Shiels for having one eye.

EDIT** Is it still Ok to sing we deek sleeps in michael jackson's bed? or am i a disgrace to heart of midlothian football club also?? **EDIT

That is an outrageous slanderous comment. You will be hearing from my lawyers. :mad:

Frankenstein Jambo.

whether or not he got an op to fix his eyesight or not is irrelivent. The point is who ever was singing that song was intending to mock sheils for having a disability that he didn't choose to have. Its a discrace that you are even defending these morons.

rudi must stay
whether or not he got an op to fix his eyesight or not is irrelivent. The point is who ever was singing that song was intending to mock sheils for having a disability that he didn't choose to have. Its a discrace that you are even defending these morons.

i don't know i wasn't there eh. But usually the songs are sung to get a laugh and to get a reaction from the other fans, if it was like you say to offend the guy then that's abit unfair

I wish I had lived in Edinburgh when you could get away with all this good fun "banter"

Now what can we sing or chant about cause its all such good fun banter.

Well we could start with the funny thing about being up to our knees in another teams fans blood. Man what a hoot.

Oh lets chant that a man who earns 15,000 a week actually sells watches on the beach. Now thats good banter the fact he earns more than we do in ayear makes it a real rib splitter.

Och well that could be racist, lets instead sing and mimic digging a grave for a man long dead. The fact half of us are too young to remember him doesnae matter, we sing about a three hundred year old battle don't we.

Now I can think of a real barn burner, aw this is funny, good banter lets sing about a wee lassie wife and mother that died of breast cancer, now thats real banter.

Now there is a player thats only got one eye, lets sing about him, the good thing about this is we can hae oor banter, and if anybody complains we can say we are giving him respect for what he has achieved.

I obviously left Scotland too soon, it must be good to say these things now in a crowd of 15000, and on the internet because its good banter, when in days gone by if you had said it in the pub you would have got your face well skelped.

Frankenstein Jambo.
I wish I had lived in Edinburgh when you could get away with all this good fun "banter"

Well we could start with the funny thing about being up to our knees in another teams fans blood. Man what a hoot.

Oh lets chant that a man who earns 15,000 a week actually sells watches on the beach. Now thats good banter the fact he earns more than we do in ayear makes it a real rib splitter.

Och well that could be racist, lets instead sing and mimic digging a grave for a man long dead. The fact half of us are too young to remember him doesnae matter, we sing about a three hundred year old battle don't we.

Now I can think of a real barn burner, aw this is funny, good banter lets sing about a wee lassie wife and mother that died of breast cancer, now thats real banter.

Now there is a player thats only got one eye, lets sing about him, the good thing about this is we can hae oor banter, and if anybody complains we can say we are giving him respect for what he has achieved.

I obviously left Scotland too soon, it must be good to say these things now in a crowd of 15000, and on the internet because its good banter, when in days gone by if you had said it in the pub you would have got your face well skelped.

Now that is good fecking sarcasm! :P

rudi must stay

racism is a different thing entirely mate. It sets out to hurt the player every time and is totally uncalled for. As is sectariaism which also does that. These songs are usually acceptable as they are seen as a bit of fun, it seems like in this circumstance it wasn't though

Guest juvehearts

because football aint an event of the paraympics; Plus he is playing a non handicaped sport, making him no different to a player that has came from a different country & to be called a refugee.

Guest juvehearts
That is an outrageous slanderous comment. You will be hearing from my lawyers. :mad:

lol, do we know if it is true or not,.... was it only the once though? :P

because football aint an event of the paraympics; Plus he is playing a non handicaped sport, making him no different to a player that has came from a different country & to be called a refugee.

He is!! DOH!!!

joshmorris1874
I would just like to say the people singing about Dene Shiels only having One eye were a disgrace to the club. to Mock a disability like this is shocking and these people should hang their heads in shame.

The fact that the lad has made a career in the game with this disability he should not have to suffer minless idiots mocking it.

But there Wallace Mercer chants are fine..:rolleyes:

Fth!

The only thing i can say to that bob is even in scotland the bigots are in the minority, they just seem to shout louder.:(

But there Wallace Mercer chants are fine..:rolleyes:

Fth!

Exactly

And it's the majority of the Reptile support who chant about Wallace when they visit Tynie

If they can't take it, don't dish it hobos..

Guest juvehearts
He is!! DOH!!!

The time i was at school im sure Northern Ireland was part of the UK, im not that good with geography mind you.

im positive his passport will class him as a citizen of Great Britian & Nothern Ireland, making his nationality British, seeing how he comes from Magherafelt, in NI.

Go back to school, or do some research before you make a do'h of yourself mate.

Some friendly advice from Juve. :P

Art Vanderlay

Dean Shiels will expect this any ground he goes to - fans will always pick up on such "weaknesses" - players and managers will get abuse for being fat, or bald, or whatever.

To expect that people won't make fun of Shiels for his different ability is absurd. Never mind whether it's right or wrong, it's going to happen. More important as far as I'm concerned is the effort to stamp out songs and chants that support questionable ideologies... the mockery of Dean Shiels seems a lot less of a problem to me. Dodgy banter for sure, but still under the banter umbrella. I'm sure he takes it on his chin - if not he can dry his eye.

Hold on, so we weren't singing about his name?

I heard a funny wee song in the ground, it went;

Dean Shiels went for a pee,

But he pished on his leg,

'Cause he cannae see.

Hold on, so we weren't singing about his name?

I heard a funny wee song in the ground, it went;

Dean Shiels went for a pee,

But he pished on his leg,

'Cause he cannae see.

Much better.

The problem with some of the sectarian, racist and embarrassing chanting at Hearts is that it emanates from the dim-witted culprits who can't come up with anything else clever or humorous to chant. They're a bit dull and lack imagination.

Pea-brained if you like.

The White Cockade

Yup

Dim witted and pea brained sums up our "minority" of imbeciles

what the hell is wrong with singing Hearts/football songs at a Hearts/football match?

I don't care what Hibs fans chant

I do care what our "fans" chant

Art Vanderlay

He didn't play that well against us anyway. Maybe still not shaken off that injury... Old one-eye was looking a bit stiff, it must be said.

Art Vanderlay
Erm No. His damaged blind eye was surgically removed as it was basically rotting.

It was replaced with a coral-based "False" eye, for future health reasons.

p.s. The coral one CAN"t see either. So I don`t think it`s "Fixed" TBH. ;)

Because of the wage cap, he couldn't afford one of the working coral ones.

hartyfaeclery
He didn't play that well against us anyway. Maybe still not shaken off that injury... Old one-eye was looking a bit stiff, it must be said.

even with one eye he would still see you as f..k..g idiot

What about the Hibs fans sining about Darren Jackson and his brain tumor

and about Justin Fashanu being black and gay??

Am sure Dean Sheilds doesn't really care

I personally saw some Hearts fans drinking alcohol yesterday and some were smoking! Really disgusting behaviour from 'so called Hearts fans'.

Not really the way we want our fans to behave is it?

Cue some more outrage please.

I personally saw some Hearts fans drinking alcohol yesterday and some were smoking! Really disgusting behaviour from 'so called Hearts fans'.

Burn them!!!!

Outraged from Outragia

Guest juvehearts

theyre a disgrace to the name of heart of midlothian football club & everything that we now stand for.

its their fault, everything.

burn them

grrrrr :mad::mad::mad:

No he isn't.

He's Northern Irish :whistling:

In twenty years time or perhaps less, he'll simply be Irish.

This is an inevitable fact of population demographic growth projections combined with hopefully continous democratic rights being upheld.

God speed the day.

:rolleyes:

Archived