Kingston Not Playing Derby?

Max Power

The overreaction to Kingston's lack of form is sickening. He's still a terrifically gifted player capable of turning a match.

I remember threads about Miller and Ferguson being out for Scotland saying this was a positive thing - was it bawz.

Larry was deserved man of the match against Killie and we need our best players playing against Hibs.

I think Kingston's lazy arsed attitude so far this season has been sickening.

Lack of form you can accept but not lack of effort.

i want him playing on sunday

why??

because its on the telly, and thats when he plays best.

this is a game we desperately need and want to win, and when larry turns it on he can be a match winner.

i've moaned about him before, and he drives me crazy when he's faffing around like a diva, not trying, but i do beleieve he will turn it up a notch on sunday if he plays

Perhaps the club can't afford his appearance money any more. As per cost cutting stories on releasing Besijla.

If we can't afford to play him then we just have to accept it and do the best we can with what is left.

why??

this is a game we desperately need and want to win, and when larry turns it on he can be a match winner.

i've moaned about him before, and he drives me crazy when he's faffing around like a diva, not trying, but i do beleieve he will turn it up a notch on sunday if he plays

took the words right out my mouth:cool:

haven't read most of the thread but i know some folk will be slating kingston and some will be defending him.

he's a tremendous player on his day, bags of skill, awareness and is a goal threat. it's a pity he lets himself and us down too often by not working hard enough and/or being a greedy wee git.

he has to play because he's a potential match winner, surely that isn't in question. what is in question is whether or not he allows himself to become the match winner.

this guy gets a helluva lot of money and it's about time we got a weekly return for it.

'mon the kingston.

Feck him hopefully he doesnt play!!!

lazy bar steward!!

Come on simmy get a grip. It`s embarassing now that it`s almost automatic fans slag Kingston if he gets out of position a couple of times.

Against Killie he played well and worked hard. There`s a guy who sits behind me who only opens his mooth about Kingston when he dos something sloppy.

I never hear him praise him.

I think it`ll be a mistake not to play him on Sunday.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Very close to what was passed to me earlier on today.

What, Karipidis on the right mate?!

Wouldn't shock me in the slightes though ...

What, Karipidis on the right mate?!

Wouldn't shock me in the slightes though ...

No, not Kara on the right. He's just got Larry and him mixed up.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
No, not Kara on the right. He's just got Larry and him mixed up.

Thank christ.

Not the worst team I've ever seen.

Will be interesting to see Bruno in 'the hole'

john brownlee

why??

Bev you hit it on the nail the times he really preforms are when we get near the transfer window and when Hearts are on TV remwember he is quoted as saying that Hearts are his stepping stone to greater things.

If he had any scene and not lazy he would do it all the time and if he did that I doubt he would never have been at Hearts probably Barca

Anyway for the few moments of magic I still love him

Drylaw Hearts
Bev you hit it on the nail the times he really preforms are when we get near the transfer window and when Hearts are on TV remwember he is quoted as saying that Hearts are his stepping stone to greater things.

If he had any scene and not lazy he would do it all the time and if he did that I doubt he would never have been at Hearts probably Barca

Anyway for the few moments of magic I still love him

:)

Brilliant.

why??

Precisely. He's a show-off and this is one of the best opportunities he'll get. It would be utter madness to drop him for this one...If he's not performing to the best of his abilities, drop him later on when we're playing Hamilton or something, but not for a derby. Hibs fans hope fervently that he doesn't play...speaks volumes really. Their midfield isn't really up to much and if ours does what it's capable of doing, they could be in trouble.

I'm not quite sure where I sit on the Larry thing...I think he's a great player and there have been a few occasions when he has frustrated me, but we're better with him on the pitch than without him. That's all I know. He can turn game even when he's not really 'in the mood' and that's enough for me. He may not be many things, but he is derby material.

If we can't afford to play him then we just have to accept it and do the best we can with what is left.

No issue with that at all. The overspending since Levein's days has been ludicrous.

No issue with that at all. The overspending since Levein's days has been ludicrous.

I agree. The overspending was ludicrous but it was enjoyable and filled the stands.

It was great bringing in top players like Janny and Fyssas.

It was great turning down ?300,000 from Celtic for Hartley but it meant giving him top wages.

It was great turning down ?2.5 million from Fulham (He must be made of gold)for Gordon.

There were the terrible buys like Makela and Beslija, what a waste of money, but if it is over it is over.

If we have to get back to normal and spend nothing then so be it.

pupstersajambo

Just received an email from a fellow Jambo who was as chuffed to bits after meeting a certain Mr Kingston in Bar Roma at 2108hrs precisely last night and even got his autograph for his two young kids. Would tend to blow the OP's account of him being on a flight to Alicante.

That aside, please continue to debate the merits of whether or not he's good enough!!

Just received an email from a fellow Jambo who was as chuffed to bits after meeting a certain Mr Kingston in Bar Roma at 2108hrs precisely last night and even got his autograph for his two young kids. Would tend to blow the OP's account of him being on a flight to Alicante.

That aside, please continue to debate the merits of whether or not he's good enough!!

Please note I will be awaiting the flight back from alicante with my steel toe caps on.....:mad::mad:

You beat me to this post Psyx as I was about to pass on the same info. Same source I suspect. ;)

Value for money isn't the question here. The question is should we leave out one of our most gifted players from the biggest game of the season. It's a ridiculous notion.

Kingston is a hugely gifted football player, unfortunately those gifts have not appeared on a football pitch all too often recently.

His ability is not in question, his heart is.

I would not play him, honest. I would rather play a team where the eleven want to win than one hugely talented footballer that strolls about and does not give a monkeys. IMO, dropping him could be the kick up the bum he needs.

Just my view but

I think we could lose kingston of our substanstial wage bill

Bring in somebody on 5k a week and get more from him week in week out.

He does not do enough week in week out to earn his wages I think.

My examples would be Paul hartley and colin cameron

ps he missed two sitters against killie

KINGSTON IS ON 5 K a year ! Nothing ****es me of more than the 15 k nonesense that is stouted on here and in the stands ! The 15 k was in ****ing dollors ! his basic is 5 k ! I know this as a fact but i do know that me stating a fact on a internet forum means nothing to people !

Drylaw Hearts
KINGSTON IS ON 5 K a year ! Nothing ****es me of more than the 15 k nonesense that is stouted on here and in the stands ! The 15 k was in ****ing dollors ! his basic is 5 k ! I know this as a act but i do know that me stating a fact on a internet forum means nothing to people !

5k a year ? Are you sure ?

And what Dollars ?

Because if it's American Dollars ?5k for $15k is a pretty poor exchange rate.

KINGSTON IS ON 5 K a year ! Nothing ****es me of more than the 15 k nonesense that is stouted on here and in the stands ! The 15 k was in ****ing dollors ! his basic is 5 k ! I know this as a fact but i do know that me stating a fact on a internet forum means nothing to people !

Must be the most under payed "world class" player in the past 20 years.

5k a year ? Are you sure ?

And what Dollars ?

Because if it's American Dollars ?5k for $15k is a pretty poor exchange rate.

15 k(us) was what he was on in russia, so on his loan period he was on 7.5 k but afterwards his basic was 5 k with adds like win bonus etc.

Fellow Jambo Work collegue has just landed in Alicante on holiday and on his flight from Edinburgh was a cetain Mr Kingston? is he injured or Suspended?:eek:

:rolleyes:

Archived