Kingston Not Playing Derby?

Max Power

Fellow Jambo Work collegue has just landed in Alicante on holiday and on his flight from Edinburgh was a cetain Mr Kingston? is he injured or Suspended?:eek:

Fellow Jambo Work collegue has just landed in Alicante on holiday and on his flight from Edinburgh was a cetain Mr Kingston? is he injured or Suspended?:eek:

MMMMMMMMM :hobofish: U can do better than that dont think anyone on here really cares whether the lazy one plays or not

Feck him hopefully he doesnt play!!!

lazy bar steward!!

chester copperpot

Must've hopped straight on a plane. :)

pull the other 1 max next u will be saying tulbergs out injured again...

pull the other 1 max next u will be saying tulbergs out injured AGAIN...

Why do Hibs fans never like to admit they are ? :107years:

Hearts fan since I was born.

Kingston was signing authographs on the plane!!

ToadKiller Dog
Hearts fan since I was born.

Kingston was signing autographs on the plane!!

I think your mate is ripping the pish out of you or you are a tramp!

A footballer would not be traveling on a package tour thomsons holiday plane.

I think your mate is ripping the pish out of you or you are a tramp!

A footballer would not be traveling on a package tour thomsons holiday plane.

I am hoping he ain't, if he is he will never get my brothers ticket for the games when he can't make it!! and a good boot in the B****

He doesn't tend to make things up, though I did quiz him, before sticking it on kickback.

Not sure what type of flight quailty he was on.

Go easy on the OP, I have had one of my scouts confirm that this is true.

Not sure why he would be going to Alicante though, but I do not think he will be missed too much. He has been murder all season.

Go easy on the OP, I have had one of my scouts confirm that this is true.

Not sure why he would be going to Alicante though, but I do not think he will be missed too much. He has been murder all season.

Could be true.Lazlo was on about Jonsson at right midfield wasnt he?

The overreaction to Kingston's lack of form is sickening. He's still a terrifically gifted player capable of turning a match.

I remember threads about Miller and Ferguson being out for Scotland saying this was a positive thing - was it bawz.

Larry was deserved man of the match against Killie and we need our best players playing against Hibs.

Couldn't agree more. Good players win you games, Larry is a good player.

So he could be missing from the derby? Would we notice the difference?

Yes, because he is the one player we have who is capable of genuine quality.

I find strange a first team squad member isn't with the squad before a big game.

Even if he was dropped he could still be required incase someone is injured?

Kingston is the type of player who can win games, but I do question his workrate.

Perhaps the club can't afford his appearance money any more. As per cost cutting stories on releasing Besijla.

I feel a rumour building as we speak...

Not my intention.

Just thinking out loud - so to speak.

Too late; I've emailed it to 50 mates and posted it on the Scotsman website. On a story about property.

The People's Chimp
The overreaction to Kingston's lack of form is sickening. He's still a terrifically gifted player capable of turning a match.

I remember threads about Miller and Ferguson being out for Scotland saying this was a positive thing - was it bawz.

Larry was deserved man of the match against Killie and we need our best players playing against Hibs.

Absolutely spot on. Some of the posts about kingston really make me wonder.

Absolutely spot on. Some of the posts about kingston really make me wonder.

Me three. I find it bizarre that hero status seems to have been bestowed upon the likes of Mikoliunas, yet Kingston gets absolutely slated from all angles.

Maybe Kingston was away for a media thing or something today, and will be back tomorrow?

Best thing to see if it really was him, anyone seen Hearts training today? Was he there?

Me three. I find it bizarre that hero status seems to have been bestowed upon the likes of Mikoliunas, yet Kingston gets absolutely slated from all angles.

I take it you have been to most of the games this season

Kingston does nowt 15k a week

Miko try's his hardest maybe not good enough = prob 1.5k a week

sooner kingston goes the better

Yes, you are correct.

Two points:

A) Romanov is paying the money, not me; therefore, wage comparisons mean nothing to me.

B) Yes, I agree that Kingston can be very lazy. I do not wish to pick on Mikoliunas in particular, but I have seen many, many games where he has contributed nothing, and has hidden. Quite frankly, against Kilmarnock for example, I thought his performance was absolutely shocking.

Clearly, this is a point that isn't even worth arguing. Each to their own.

Perhaps the club can't afford his appearance money any more. As per cost cutting stories on releasing Besijla.

hhhhmmm

An evolving hypothesis ;) I guess we'll know on Sunday.

But presumably IF we have guys on chunky appearance sums (possibly Kingston, Nade, not sure who else to be honest), and IF we are perilously close to financial trauma and IF there are guys in to sort it out....it actually makes financial sense to ensure that a team that plays from now on has the lowest cost ratio.

Ignore fixed salaries but take account of appearance extras.

So we have Ernst & Young picking the team and not Vlad :P

Derbies are about effort, commitment & getting stuck in.

Who on this thread can honestly say Kingston has showed any of these in consecutive games?

Mikey Stewart has

Eggert Jonsson has

Miko has

It is players like this, in my opinion, that will win or lose the derby.

On his day, Kingston is as good a player as you will see in this country, unfortunately he doesn't seem that bothered about turning it on very often anymore.

Remember him at Parkhead running the show against Lennon & Hartley, they couldn't get near him. He's been nowhere near that in the last 12 months.

willie wallace

He will be sorely missed in my opinion if this story is true.I know he does not always show is best but on form he is the one player in the team who could take control of this game for us.

We as a group have become ridiculously fascinated by money - whether it is value for money for wages, transfers, Hearts debt, the credit crunch, the new stand...It's geting a bit much IMHO

Derbies are about effort, commitment & getting stuck in.

Who on this thread can honestly say Kingston has showed any of these in consecutive games?

Mikey Stewart has

Eggert Jonsson has

Miko has

I'd say Kingston contributed more than Stewart in the Killie match... (not having a go at Stewart btw)

I'd say Kingston contributed more than Stewart in the Killie match... (not having a go at Stewart btw)

Exactly. I mentioned Mikoliunas earlier, but have no great desire to pick on him. My point is that there are many in our squad who have have frequent off days, yet Kingston seems to be the focus of abuse. It seems to mean that his reportedly-high wages are justification for the amateur psychologists to air their diagnoses as to why this is.

Kingston could've had a hat-trick against Kille FFS. He has his off days, but to be fair if he'd got 3 goals in the last game we'd all be on here praising him!

We need him playing on Sunday

Francis Albert
Kingston could've had a hat-trick against Kille FFS. He has his off days, but to be fair if he'd got 3 goals in the last game we'd all be on here praising him!

Agreed.

In fact I 'd praise him anyway as probably our most effective player in that game.

I'm sure Hibs would be happy if he was on that Alicante flight (which I don't believe for one minute).

Value for money isn't the question here. The question is should we leave out one of our most gifted players from the biggest game of the season. It's a ridiculous notion.

So if we had Schevchenko on the books, and he played 90 mins every game this season, and all he had done was sit crosslegged in the centre circle, you would chose to play him on sunday?

So if we had Schevchenko on the books, and he played 90 mins every game this season, and all he had done was sit crosslegged in the centre circle, you would chose to play him on sunday?

In view of our other forward options, yes.

i think we would see alot more from kingston if he was played in the middle of the pitch where he could influence a game more than out wide where he doesn't see as much of the ball.

Absolutely spot on.

much like far too many of the squad this season, his off-days just happen to occur on a saturday.

Just my view but

I think we could lose kingston of our substanstial wage bill

Bring in somebody on 5k a week and get more from him week in week out.

He does not do enough week in week out to earn his wages I think.

My examples would be Paul hartley and colin cameron

ps he missed two sitters against killie

The Mighty Thor

This is one of those arguments i've never managed to get my head around.

The notion that Larryea Kingston must play because he's 'pure quality man' is just plain ridiculous.

kingston is the problem at Hearts personified. Does he have ability? undoubtedly. However he has failed to deliver both in the context of his ability and particularly in the context of his obscene salary, pretty much from day 1. Still there are Hearts fans queueing up to blow huge amounts of smoke up his lazy arse.

He should be holding his own in the games against the old firm and bossing the game against the other 9 teams. Does he? No. he's anonymous.

Sorry folks but the guy flatters to deceive and has the workrate of Santa Claus.

Good players win you games? Yes they do. Lazy barstewards lose you them too.

If we can find anyone daft enough to stump up even what we paid for him i'd move him on in the next transfer window.

stirlingshirejambo
much like far too many of the squad this season, his off-days just happen to occur on a saturday.

He can have an "off" day on Saturday even "off" to Alicante as long as he is fit and raring to go on Sunday. He has the ability to turn the game if he is in the mood and if not the manager needs to solvethe problem

Guest jambomickey
I find strange a first team squad member isn't with the squad before a big game.

Even if he was dropped he could still be required incase someone is injured?

Kingston is the type of player who can win games, but I do question his workrate.

away lie on yer pesh

This is one of those arguments i've never managed to get my head around.

The notion that Larryea Kingston must play because he's 'pure quality man' is just plain ridiculous.

kingston is the problem at Hearts personified. Does he have ability? undoubtedly. However he has failed to deliver both in the context of his ability and particularly in the context of his obscene salary, pretty much from day 1. Still there are Hearts fans queueing up to blow huge amounts of smoke up his lazy arse.

He should be holding his own in the games against the old firm and bossing the game against the other 9 teams. Does he? No. he's anonymous.

Sorry folks but the guy flatters to deceive and has the workrate of Santa Claus.

Good players win you games? Yes they do. Lazy barstewards lose you them too.

If we can find anyone daft enough to stump up even what we paid for him i'd move him on in the next transfer window.

I know that this is a facetious one-liner on a serious topic but Santa Claus has a tremendous workrate, albeit packed into a relatively short time framework. If Laryea Kingston was able to deliver toys to every good girl and boy in the world in 24 hours, surely he's good enough to stick it up the hobos.

That is all.

GC

The Mighty Thor
I know that this is a facetious one-liner on a serious topic but Santa Claus has a tremendous workrate, albeit packed into a relatively short time framework. If Laryea Kingston was able to deliver toys to every good girl and boy in the world in 24 hours, surely he's good enough to stick it up the hobos.

That is all.

GC

He's undoubtedly got the ability to stick it up every team in the league. Will he? Can he be bothered? That's the nub of the whole thing.

derby matches are not the place for passengers. I'm sorry but if the Hobos put a couple of workers in the middle of the park then the game will pass Kingston by.

We must be one of the few teams in professional football in Europe that play a 4-5-1 and get over-run in midfield ever week.

Archived