Congratulations to Saulius Mikoliunas

Hearts Heritage

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
scott herbertson
I cant be the only one who thinks its a bit of a shame that Miko as a Hearts player has more international caps for his particular country than some far far better foreign Hearts players who contributed more to Hearts than Miko ever will.

Flogel and Neimi to name but two

Will be even more of a shame if he beats the Hearts cap record IMO.

Or is it just me ?

It's just you OAG

...seriously - the other guys played for teams where it is harder to get capped let's just congratulate Miko

We're Hearts fans.

In the eyes of everyone else we're all "Liff fuds haw".

Yip.

Yam fud = Lithuanian fud.

My naivety gets the better of me again. Next you will be telling me that all Hearts fans are just Rangers fans without the bus fares. :cool:

chester copperpot
My naivety gets the better of me again. Next you will be telling me that all Hearts fans are just Rangers fans without the bus fares. :cool:

GSTQ. Sing it as loud as you can. ;)

The lack of caps for the Scottish players says more about the Scotland NT than anything else. The fact that they are playing for a nation that selects its players based on who they play for, not how good they are

Congrats to Miko on a good achievement though

The Real Maroonblood
It wil a disgrace if he becomes our most capped player.

He should have been emptied when Burley said so.

Totally agree.

He is over here and over rated.

A wage thief.

Miko seems to earn his place in the National Team and he appears to perform well for them

Dont know why he doesnt replicate that for Hearts

That said. I'm a little surprised his international exposure hasnt resulted in some eastern european club team putting a bid in for him which would tempt Vlad, get him off our hands

To be fair to him and lithuania, they are doing very well in the qualifying so far.

Congrats Miko, seems to have improved the work ethic and he obviously has the talent...

Miko seems to earn his place in the National Team and he appears to perform well for them

Dont know why he doesnt replicate that for Hearts

That said. I'm a little surprised his international exposure hasnt resulted in some eastern european club team putting a bid in for him which would tempt Vlad, get him off our hands

He's been one of our half dozen best players in 2008 in my view.

Plenty more deserve the exit before Miko.

You have to give Miko a great deal of credit from the way he has bounced back from the Hampden dive media/SFA witch hunt and for the way he has been handling things in the face of blatant refereeing bias against him.

Ironically this was the moment when his fortunes turned. Hearts fans began to rally round him as abuse from all angles rained down on him. From that moment his confidence returned and he's been one of our better players this year.

Well done son. Now let's have a performance to savour on Sunday...oh and a another winning goal against the sc*m wouldn't go amiss.

He's been one of our half dozen best players in 2008 in my view.

Plenty more deserve the exit before Miko.

That may be so - but he doesnt have a huge amount of competition. Its kind of like saying well Robbie Neilson isnt the worst right back in the SPL.

I look at what he has brought to Hearts over 4 years.

I would say his handful of good moments which actually benefitted the team - yep no more than 5, are cancelled out by his bad moments. I also look at all the chances he has had without bringing anything to the table consistently

He is in one player somebody that sums up Hearts under Romanov in its entirety. Rare flashes of excellance, mostly mediocre, not picked on merit for the majority of the time.

Ultimately we do not "miss" him if he is not in the team. If he was a good player that would not be the case

Totally agree.

He is over here and over rated.

A wage thief.

Wage Thief:mad::mad::mad:

Have you seen him in the last year, one of if not THE hardest working player in the squad.

That may be so - but he doesnt have a huge amount of competition. Its kind of like saying well Robbie Neilson isnt the worst right back in the SPL.

I would say his handful of good moments which actually benefitted the team - yep no more than 5, are cancelled out by his bad moments. I also look at all the chances he has had without bringing anything to the table consistently

He is in one player somebody that sums up Hearts under Romanov in its entirety. Rare flashes of excellance, mostly mediocre, not picked on merit for the majority of the time.

Ultimately we do not "miss" him if he is not in the team. If he was a good player that would not be the case

Disagree. Unless you are talking about really starting from Year Zero, Miko would not face the chop for me. In the last year he has merited a place in the team. So many players who should go before him.

Disagree. Unless you are talking about really starting from Year Zero, Miko would not face the chop for me. In the last year he has merited a place in the team. So many players who should go before him.

Fair dues.

I was looking forward to seeing this form I had heard about at the Falkirk game. I genuinely wanted to give him (YET ANOTHER ) chance. He was ineffective (as usual).

He is a player that remains the sort that should be immediately be subbed if he is booked - no matter the time that booking takes place.

There probably are a number of players that should go before him, but that doesnt mean if there was some sort of wholesale clear out that he should be kept either.

That said I'd like to see how he played in the Ksnavicius role - since we are hell bent on continuing to play that awful system.

Ironically this was the moment when his fortunes turned. Hearts fans began to rally round him as abuse from all angles rained down on him. From that moment his confidence returned and he's been one of our better players this year.

Well done son. Now let's have a performance to savour on Sunday...oh and a another winning goal against the sc*m wouldn't go amiss.

Exactly

:thumb:

Well done Miko

You have to give Miko a great deal of credit from the way he has bounced back from the Hampden dive media/SFA witch hunt and for the way he has been handling things in the face of blatant refereeing bias against him.

Agreed, the witch hunt against him was well over the top. But I think he has also bounced back from two seasons ago when he was continually pick and continually poor. He has quietly gone about trying to right those wrong, particuarly with his performances in the last six games of last season. Some games this season he has been good, other games he's been poor, but he has certainly knuckled down and grafted away.

Guest Dipped Flake

Well done Miko. One thing you cannont accuse him of is being a wage thief. He works his socks off, although I agree not always to great effect. I do think his game has improved greatly in the last few months though so more than happy to see him in the team...

Miko is destined to score the winner at Easter Road, Foster-style one day.

You're probably right, he'll have another dozen years or so in which to try.

Miko has a lot of caps for such a young lad, he is obviously highly rated in his home nation. Although I don't rate him that highly, I am a little surprised there has not been more interest in signing him.

It's really a myth that Miko gets picked, whether he's in form or not. This season he's started games only because Driver's been injured. Last season, Kingston and Driver were the preferred wingers, then Ksanavicius and Driver went on the flanks a few times as well. Miko got some game time when injuries came about but then Frail used Chesney instead of him. 05/06 - he hardly got a look in. This thing about him playing every week and being Vlad's favourite is really down to the 06/07 season, and even then Barasa was being used on the wing instead, and then Driver broke through.

Malcolm Tucker
It's really a myth that Miko gets picked, whether he's in form or not. This season he's started games only because Driver's been injured. Last season, Kingston and Driver were the preferred wingers, then Ksanavicius and Driver went on the flanks a few times as well. Miko got some game time when injuries came about but then Frail used Chesney instead of him. 05/06 - he hardly got a look in. This thing about him playing every week and being Vlad's favourite is really down to the 06/07 season, and even then Barasa was being used on the wing instead, and then Driver broke through.

Very true, however in 06/07 he did start 33 of his 38 games, which is quite some tally for someone who wasn't in his best form.

However, it is for that season that a lot of Jambos don't like him, sadly. I love Miko, and on his day I think he is up there with our best players.

Well done Miko, keep it going.

Drylaw Hearts
Very true, however in 06/07 he did start 33 of his 38 games, which is quite some tally for someone who wasn't in his best form.

However, it is for that season that a lot of Jambos don't like him, sadly. I love Miko, and on his day I think he is up there with our best players.

Well done Miko, keep it going.

I don't like him for disrespecting our club when he thought it would be better to go and get married and have a honeymoon instead of reporting for Pre-Season training.

It was't Miko's fault he was continually being picked when he clearly wasn't playing well and was dwon on confidence.

Now he is playing well and starting to look like the player when he first arrived we should be looking at that and the positives that will come from that.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Miko really isn't very good regardless of how many caps he has had or how hard he tries. (Not that hard incidentally :rolleyes:)

He had about 4 good games at the start of his Hearts career and should have been returned in a wee box back to Kaunas marked 'faulty goods' a long time ago.

No amount of rewriting history or going on about his greatness will change this. Sorry boys.

Drylaw Hearts
Miko really isn't very good regardless of how many caps he has had or how hard he tries. (Not that hard incidentally :rolleyes:)

He had about 4 good games at the start of his Hearts career and should have been returned in a wee box back to Kaunas marked 'faulty goods' a long time ago.

No amount of rewriting history or going on about his greatness will chance this. Sorry boys.

Spot on.

He will produce the odd flash of genius every once in a while but that is not enough imo.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Great achievement wee man!

"He dived in the box, against the Jocks, walking in a Miko wonderland!" ;)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Miko must be inducted in the Hall of Fame now.

Five seasons at Hearts is great show of loyalty from a terrific club servant.

In these days of foreign mercenaries, Miko's passion for Hearts is an example others should follow.

A Scottish Cup winner for Edinburgh's most famous football team, one day the name of Saulius Mikoliunas will echo along the corridors of Tynecastle Park along with the other greats - Robertson, Mackay, Levein, Ford, Cummings, Bauld, Conn, Young, Walker, Mikoliunas.

I hope when he becomes our most capped player ever, a ceremony is held on the pitch as was done for Pressley.

Sorry Borthers, still crap. :)

A rosey cheek little lesbian can't be in our hall of fame. FACT!

Malcolm Tucker

In these days of foreign mercenaries, Miko's passion for Hearts is an example others should follow.

A Scottish Cup winner for Edinburgh's most famous football team, one day the name of Saulius Mikoliunas will echo along the corridors of Tynecastle Park along with the other greats - Robertson, Mackay, Levein, Ford, Cummings, Bauld, Conn, Young, Walker, Mikoliunas.

I hope when he becomes our most capped player ever, a ceremony is held on the pitch as was done for Pressley.

Amen to that!

Miller Jambo 60
Yip.

Yam fud = Lithuanian fud.

AP im a yam fud proud.

Lith fud whatever puts HELLO HELLO at the back of the PC queue.

As for MIKO wife likes him me too.

Goal against motherwell was superb.

It was't Miko's fault he was continually being picked when he clearly wasn't playing well and was dwon on confidence.

Now he is playing well and starting to look like the player when he first arrived we should be looking at that and the positives that will come from that.

As a winger / attacking forward player I will start to see his worth in the team when he regularly contributes to the team in an attacking sense. So as an attacking / wide player, this would include

Regular and good quality crosses

Regular key parts of and assists in the creation of goals

More than just sporadic goals "wonder goals" twice a season

Not being negative about him for the sake of it, I genuinely do not see what he brings to the team at all. Not saying he is the worst of the garbage Vlad has brought in, just saying that for an attacking player I dont see much end product.

At the end of the day he is in the team to help create and score goals. He simply doesnt do this regularly or consistantly.

Malcolm Tucker
As a winger / attacking forward player I will start to see his worth in the team when he regularly contributes to the team in an attacking sense. So as an attacking / wide player, this would include

Not being negative about him for the sake of it, I genuinely do not see what he brings to the team at all. Not saying he is the worst of the garbage Vlad has brought in, just saying that for an attacking player I dont see much end product.

At the end of the day he is in the team to help create and score goals. He simply doesnt do this regularly or consistantly.

IMO, Miko brings a bit of fight and life into our team, and often gets the crowd going. I agree, his end product isn't always spot on, however neither is Kingston's. This season Larry has often wasted good chances and passing opportunities, plus Miko gives more effort than Larry does.

Having said that, I firmly believe Miko is an impact player. Bring him on at half time/midway through second half against tiring full-back's, that's when you'll see the best Miko.

5 seasons is a great service to this club, 'Mon the Miko.

To be honest mate if he was doing the three things listed he would be at a much better team than us.

Yes, he is inconsistent. But what attacking player of ours isn't?

Paul Hartley and Rudi Skacel were the last ones to do so and they both moved onto better teams (Skacel - Hertha).

Although I would say he can't not be considered a true Hearts great until he is putting in performances in consistently.

To be honest mate if he was doing the three things listed he would be at a much better team than us.

Yes, he is inconsistent. But what attacking player of ours isn't?

Paul Hartley and Rudi Skacel were the last ones to do so and they both moved onto better teams (Skacel - Hertha).

Although I would say he can't not be considered a true Hearts great until he is putting in performances in consistently.

I disagree - its about context. If he did one of those things each game, this would make him at least of some benefit to the team as it is currently staffed, but I doubt he would be swamped with clubs wanting him

OK, lets get specific to everyone saying that he brings something - can you confirm what Miko brings to the team?

5 seasons is a great service to this club, 'Mon the Miko.

Do you actually think he had the choice?

As an aside Neilson has given 10 years service to the club and all he gets is grief :rolleyes:

Malcolm Tucker
I disagree - its about context. If he did one of those things each game, this would make him at least of some benefit to the team as it is currently staffed, but I doubt he would be swamped with clubs wanting him

OK, lets get specific to everyone saying that he brings something - can you confirm what Miko brings to the team?

This season? 2 match winning goals and more fight than any other outfield player (bar Mikey Stewart).

And a hairband. Don't forget the hairband.

Malcolm Tucker
Do you actually think he had the choice?

As an aside Neilson has given 10 years service to the club and all he gets is grief :rolleyes:

Robbie Neilson is my favourite player. :)

And I think he probably did yes.

If he'd asked to have been shipped back to Kaunas, I doubt anyone would have stood in his way.

I've never been to a testemonial before but I'll make an exception for Miko

Miko Rocks!

Archived