Glasgow Hearts 60th Anniversary Race Day

Jamboross98

Glasgow Hearts are celebrating their 60th anniversary this year and we would like to invite you or your club, along to our race day at the Royal British Legion club in Paisley on Saturday 8th of November (before the St. Mirren game) starting at 11am til 2.30pm giving you plenty of time to walk to the ground as it is only 10 minutes away. We already have confirmation that a couple of buses will be turning up, but as the hall is so big, we can accomodate up to 5 or 6 buses. Tickets will cost ?1.00 each for entry. Any buses wishing to sponsor a race may do so, with a bottle as sponsorship. Horses will also be available at ?3.00, so if you wish one, please reply or contact me at [email protected] or any of the contacts below. A raffle will also be available on the day with prizes to be confirmed. I look forward to hearing from you, and hope that you can make it along,

Ross MacLean

Tel : 01355 260567 (evening)

Tel : 0141 3061568 (day)

Mobile : 07871 694517

Just as a matter of interest,this fanzine from the same club?

Think its from around 1971..ish:)

It sure is.

I think Glasgow Hearts took me to my first Hearts game in 1958 or 1959.Seem to recall away game at Raith Rovers and a 2-2 draw.May be completely wrong since it was obviously a long long time ago.Bus left from St Enoch Square.Any older readers remember a Norman Robertson who moved to Canada not long after?

I think Glasgow Hearts took me to my first Hearts game in 1958 or 1959.Seem to recall away game at Raith Rovers and a 2-2 draw.May be completely wrong since it was obviously a long long time ago.Bus left from St Enoch Square.Any older readers remember a Norman Robertson who moved to Canada not long after?

Our bus has always left from St. Enoch square or closest to there (now Clyde Street). We are celebrating our 60th anniversary this year, so you remember the good old days then?

Some questions for Glasgow Hearts:

Are most of you guys and girls Edinburgh folk who moved west?

How many of you are born and bred in the city?

What it's like being a Hearts fan living in Glasgow?!

I was at Braehead last week but I got stuck in a giant car park called the M8.

Buffalo Bill

chester copperpot
Glasgow Hearts are celebrating their 60th anniversary this year and we would like to invite you or your club, along to our race day at the Royal British Legion club in Paisley on Saturday 8th of November (before the St. Mirren game) starting at 11am til 2.30pm giving you plenty of time to walk to the ground as it is only 10 minutes away. We already have confirmation that a couple of buses will be turning up, but as the hall is so big, we can accomodate up to 5 or 6 buses. Tickets will cost ?1.00 each for entry. Any buses wishing to sponsor a race may do so, with a bottle as sponsorship. Horses will also be available at ?3.00, so if you wish one, please reply or contact me at [email protected] or any of the contacts below. A raffle will also be available on the day with prizes to be confirmed. I look forward to hearing from you, and hope that you can make it along,

Ross MacLean

Tel : 01355 260567 (evening)

Tel : 0141 3061568 (day)

Mobile : 07871 694517

Being from Glasgow, I feel I must attend this, sorry for missing this when first posted Ross.

Will try get the Porty Hearts boys along, thats if they've not confirmed already.

Cheers.

Our bus has always left from St. Enoch square or closest to there (now Clyde Street). We are celebrating our 60th anniversary this year, so you remember the good old days then?

Sorry,but cant remember very much.Only 6 or 7 at the time and moved from Glasgow shortly thereafter.

Being from Glasgow, I feel I must attend this, sorry for missing this when first posted Ross.

Will try get the Porty Hearts boys along, thats if they've not confirmed already.

Cheers.

Shocking Andy!!!.... You may live in Glasgow, but you're no FROM there.... is that you brain-washed already????:P

I moved through here years ago expecting the Glaswegians to be rough as hell.

The Glasgow bus is easily the best behaved I've been a member of.

My previous clubs were the Craigmillar Hearts and The Pivot :)

Some are, some aren't. Personally, I was born in the Western General and lived in Wheatfield Terrace for 7 months before my parents decided to emigrate to East Kilbride, so never really had a choice.

Check our website for that http://www.glasgowhearts.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/memberprofiles.htm

Ok, but never really had many problems with Hibs fans until I moved to my current job. OF fans are annoying, but easier to wind up. Vlad annoys them so much.

Buffalo Bill

Answered above.

Though I've never done anything with Glasgow Hearts, being Weegie Jambo now, this would interest me.

Its a cracking laugh... think I was a glasgow hearts or west of scotland hearts race day two years ago, before a killie game iirc.

A Boy Named Crow
I moved through here years ago expecting the Glaswegians to be rough as hell.

The Glasgow bus is easily the best behaved I've been a member of.

My previous clubs were the Craigmillar Hearts and The Pivot :)

Messers Longmuir and Russell run a tight ship I tell thee!

No real surprise to see John & Ian's names in the same sentence as thw description "tight" !

• 2 weeks later...

Never a true-er word said, although with good reason.

Are you coming to the Race Day?

FREE ENTRY FOR THE RACE DAY WHICH WILL NOW START BETWEEN 11.30AM AND 12 MIDDAY. EVERYONE WELCOME.

• LICENSED BAR
  • TEN MINUTE WALK TO GROUND
  • RAFFLE including Restaurant vouchers with Sala Thai & Cottage Canton/Kai Xin, Driving Lessons from cuik's, autographed 15yr Scottish Parliament whisky by Alex Salmond & David McLetchie, Limited Edition Poker set & limited edition bottle of Royal Salute Whisky (worth ?150.00) & many more to come.
  • 8 Races (with horses available to buy on the day)
  • 1 Auction Race
  • Food to purchase
  • Free Parking
  • Good company with many other Jambos and the knowledge that you'll be helping one of our oldest supporters clubs in their hour of need.

Come on, mods, can you please make this a sticky for at least a couple of days? This is the same Glasgow Hearts that had our infamous record re-recorded in the 1985/6 season, and we are asking you for a little help.

Come along and join in with the fun.

Harry Kinnear

Buffalo Bill

Bill born in Falkirk bred in Edinburgh partyed in London now live and work in Glasgow. Fan since 1962, two sons are Jambos, one of whom enjoyed your book this summer, I told them when they were young being a Jambo in Glasgow would be interesting. They hate the Bigot Brothers more than I do and indulged in much cheering last night as Giggs scored. All we need is to win SPL and being a Jambo in Glasgow would be extremely pleasurable!

Great supporters club!!! Travelled with them for years and many outstanding memories!!!

I, for one, was born and brought up in Weegieland, and had the choice of being a Rangers fan or a Hearts fan - Thirds were an outside possibility when I was 8 years old.

Uncle, Hearts man, took me to my first game, Cup tie v Rangers in 1956. We won 4-0!!!

No contest and, as I grew up alongside the "majority" of Blue Noses, never been so glad that I made the right decision. I wouldn't be a rangers fan if it was a matter of life and death!!!

netherleejambo

Buffalo Bill

Born and bred in Penicuik, moved to Glasgow in 73 to study and been here ever since. Like Harry, my son is a true jambo now and hates all things OF.

Will read your book when Harry remembers to pass it on!

Race day sounds good - you guys will be blitzed by kick off!

Not at work today, so please call me on the mobile 07871 694517 or home no after 8pm. Kids are welcome to come, but preferably older ones.

Archived