Couldnt give a toss about Scotland game

Cow

I consider myself fairly patriotic and have always supported the national team with pride and enthusiasm but i cant seem to find any level of enthusiasm whatsover for tommorows game.

I think it is down to the sfa and gordon smith etc and the constant cheating of refs in charge of hearts games that have made me despise the sfa so much.

I know thats not really a big enough reason not to support the national team but i just cant get motivated at all.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to be so passionate about the National team

Now I want them to win and that is it

I despise the Old Firm, I despise Glasgow, I despise the SFA and I despise mostly every player in the squad.

I hate Kirk Broadfoot more than anyone in football and that bafoon has been selected because of the colour of shirt he plays in.

With the excepion of Fetcher the entire team is full of SPL and Championship players.

There is no chance of us qualifying this time round ........... AGAIN

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

No one is forcing you to watch the game or discuss it.

Go shopping with the bird while the rest of us get bevied in the pub with our mates supporting our nation. :)

Go shopping with the bird while the rest of us get bevied in the pub with our mates supporting our nation. :)

Well said.

Mon The Scotland.

:)

I consider myself fairly patriotic and have always supported the national team with pride and enthusiasm but i cant seem to find any level of enthusiasm whatsover for tommorows game.

I think it is down to the sfa and gordon smith etc and the constant cheating of refs in charge of hearts games that have made me despise the sfa so much.

I know thats not really a big enough reason not to support the national team but i just cant get motivated at all.

with you partially there. i still want scotland to win and qualify, of course.

my enthusiasm diminishes when i see snooty-nosed yelps of anguish in the gutter trash media about dirty, diving 'johnny foreigner' and high & mighty chest thumping about how great scotland have become (we haven't).

i used to hate england 'cos of their media... now i'm beginning to turn off to scotland 'cos of our media!!!

Guest juvehearts

i wouldnt say the refs 'cheat' when they offichiate against hearts.

i would say they are 100% inconsistant.

we are playing at home against norway a nation on a level paring with us, its a vital must win game.

IF these games were on testerial TV then i'd watch, but to pay to watch your country play on TV.

nah forget it, ill be at Hampden park in the ****ing rain with my kilt on bevvied out my face

...I hate Kirk Broadfoot more than anyone in football and that bafoon has been selected because of the colour of shirt he plays in...

Normally it's someone from one of the green teams but i'm starting to think this way myself.

Not just because even i have more ability than him, he's also the biggest cheating barsteward playing in Scotland just now.

He's an incredibly ugly person in every sense of the word.

with you partially there. i still want scotland to win and qualify, of course.

my enthusiasm diminishes when i see snooty-nosed yelps of anguish in the gutter trash media about dirty, diving 'johnny foreigner' and high & mighty chest thumping about how great scotland have become (we haven't).

i used to hate england 'cos of their media... now i'm beginning to turn off to scotland 'cos of our media!!!

Dont get me wrong , i still want Scotland to win any game they play , i just dont have the same enthusiasm that i used to have when the national team play , i started reading some of the write ups in the record this morning and couldnt be arsed finishing them.

scottish_chicP

At the moment I feel more excited about watching the Scotland game than I do with Hearts recent form! (I know I know I'm not a real fan...:rolleyes:)

We_are_the_Hearts

Well said.

Guest Dipped Flake

Agree entirely. I feel sorry for those who don't care about their country, they miss out on some great days out, whether at home or abroad, at the game or just in the pub. On the occasions where I haven't been able to get to a game, oujr local pub is always full to the rafters with punters cheering on Scotland. I suppose the ones who have no interest in Scotland (except when they are on slagging them and the fans off) can have a quiet day at the shops instead.

Agree entirely. I feel sorry for those who don't care about their country, they miss out on some great days out, whether at home or abroad, at the game or just in the pub. On the occasions where I haven't been able to get to a game, oujr local pub is always full to the rafters with punters cheering on Scotland. I suppose the ones who have no interest in Scotland (except when they are on slagging them and the fans off) can have a quiet day at the shops instead.

Oh dear , you seem to have dramatically misread the OP:(

Scotland games are magic. My mate's down from Aberdeen just so he can get together with the boys in the pub. It's going to be mega !

Guest Dipped Flake
[/b]

Oh dear , you seem to have dramatically misread the OP:(

This wasn't directed pimarily at you but more one of our resident Scotland haters. However, given that the OP is titled 'Couldn't give a toss about the Scotland game', my post is entirely valid. When I said my country, I did mean in the football sense.

GTF,mone SCOTLAND gerintae these norse gits,rape and pillage 3 points from them if you have to ,just beat them.

ps you hate the SFA and shet like that but your more than happy to celebrate winning their cup,get a fecking grip.

GTF,mone SCOTLAND gerintae these norse gits,rape and pillage 3 points from them if you have to ,just beat them.

ps you hate the SFA and shet like that but your more than happy to celebrate winning their cup,get a fecking grip.

Thanks rudi , now GTF ya moron

Thanks rudi , now GTF ya moron

Hey sunshine,you started a stupid thread knowing full well you would take flack,so you deal with it.

If you can't hack it ,don't do it.

Noone whatsoever on this thread has said that

I care BIG TIME about my country I just am not overly bothered about the nat team.

Going on this logic do you cry when Scotland lose at rugby?

It just makes you more of a Scotland football fan - not more Scottish

when Hearts lose I sulk into the deepest of depressions. When Scotland lose I don't like it but i don't hurt like I do Hearts

Hey sunshine,you started a stupid thread knowing full well you would take flack,so you deal with it.

If you can't hack it ,don't do it.

BLAH BLAH BLAH GTF

I assume all these 'fanatical' Scotland fans will be going to murrayfield next month for the Autumn test matches?

No,I thought not. Why not?because they don't give a toss about rugby.

Therefore someone at Murrayfield could turn to them and say "they don't care about their country"

I accept that I am not a huge Scotland football team fan but I assure each and everyone on here noone loves their country more - FACT

I also very much despise the whole do-a-dear brigade, painted face anti english nonsense.

However mon Scotland!

I assume all these 'fanatical' Scotland fans will be going to murrayfield next month for the Autumn test matches?

Therefore someone at Murrayfield could turn to them and say "they don't care about their country"

I accept that I am not a huge Scotland football team fan but I assure each and everyone on here noone loves their country more - FACT

I also very much despise the whole do-a-dear brigade, painted face anti english nonsense.

However mon Scotland!

Yet you hate the SFA(Scottish),the OF(Scottish regardless of what they stand for,they are Scottish), Hibs(Scottish),SFA refs(Scottish) and now the TA(Scottish) man your so patriotic.

However mon Scotland!

It's not a competition.

If you don't care about the NT don't talk about it. Simple.

It's not a competition.

If you don't care about the NT don't talk about it. Simple.

Did I start the thread? No

Am I entitled to comment?Yes

Do people think you hate Scotland for not caring about the NT?Yes

Now if you wouldn't mind go to the toilet and freshen up

FemfreshFemWash.jpg

Yet you hate the SFA(Scottish),the OF(Scottish regardless of what they stand for,they are Scottish), Hibs(Scottish),SFA refs(Scottish) and now the TA(Scottish) man your so patriotic.

I'm patriotic to Edinburgh pal!

Did I start the thread? No

Am I entitled to comment?Yes

Do people think you hate Scotland for not caring about the NT?Yes

Now if you wouldn't mind go to the toilet and freshen up

FemfreshFemWash.jpg

You don't half slaver some pish.

Jesus.

You don't half slaver some pish.

Jesus.

This is nothing, you should see me in real life. I could empty a bar with one sentence.

Hell hath no fury like i8hibsh on his soap box :)

Colonel Kurtz
This is nothing, you should see me in real life. I could empty a bar with one sentence.

Hell hath no fury like i8hibsh on his soap box :)

There was a boy who cleared The Marmion with one sentence.

Mind it was a twenty year one

I'll be in the Pub with the mates, i'll enjoy maself...Don't give a Fek if Scotland Win,Lose or Draw!! :P

I've never been the Patriotic, Kilt Wearin, Durge of Scotland singin type...Couldnae care if Scotland play Football, Rugby, Cricket or Volleyball, Win,Lose or Draw, Life goes on!! :cool:

Yes, at the moment I feel the same about Hearts...:sad:

Carl Weathers

Going through tomorrow and can't wait.

If you are Scottish and enjoy football, I don't understand why you wouldn't be interested.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Not as enthusiastic as i once was but still hoping for a victory.

good luck to the home nations, hopefully we wont need it.

PS Broadfoot to score the winner!:)

Not as enthusiastic as i once was but still hoping for a victory.

good luck to the home nations, hopefully we wont need it.

PS Broadfoot to score the winner!:)

I noted the smiley so i know you're only joking.

But still, very poor taste.

:wink:

Guest Dipped Flake
which is where?

Last I knew it was the capital of Scotland, which I presume is your point. As I said earlier, in my OP when I said Scotland, I was talking about the football team, not the country. However, I support any Scottish team at any sport. I used to love going to Murrayfield for the internationals, just too expensive for me these days.

I just can't understand a Scottish football fan not caring if their countries team wins or loses, but of course that is your right.

Guest S.U.S.S.
I noted the smiley so i know you're only joking.

But still, very poor taste.

:wink:

I did wonder if i should even post it.

If you walk into the bookies and ask to stick money on it, they would probably laugh you out the place.;)

Malcolm Tucker

I'm actually rather looking forward to popping along to Diggers tomorrow to watch the game. I don't know why, but I am!

'Mon the Scotland.

ToadKiller Dog

To be honest my mind is on the derby next week far more than the scotland game,of course i want scotland to win ,but am tempted to attend a junior cup game instead the morn.

looks like you're only entitled to an opinion here if you're a hat-kicker and/or a complete patriot.

never mind yer pesh about scotland. personally, i would like to see scotland win as much as anyone else... but i do reserve the right to stay off the see-you-jimmy-hat bandwagon at the same time.

if folk want to say they're not bothered about scotland, they can. if you don't agree with them, you don't have to reply to them.

It's a massive game for us tomorrow.

If we win, Norway will more or less be out of it, we'll have a real chance of qualifying and and the rest of the campaign will be really exciting.

Home games against Iceland and Macedonia with a return fixture against Norway in between, culminating in a possible winner takes all game against Holland at Hampden. :4_1_111:

Fixtures.

I'm going to the game tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it.

You boys enjoy the shopping. ;)

I'll be there. Hampden will be JUMPING tomorrow - as it is for most inernational games. Sold out, oversubscribed etc. There will be 50,000 supporters getting right behind EVERY player SUPPORTING the team from the 1st to the 90th minute.

There are many who attend Tynecastle for which this is an unknown experience. Think about it.

For those of you who don't care, don't feel compelled to tell us. Supporting the national team is often like supporting Hearts. We have no care for what either the media or naysayers think or say. Get over yourselves. You are irrelevant.

tommythejambo

Want Scotland to win. But skint-ness and a nights out on Saturday and Sunday mean I will have to watch at home.

It's a massive game for us tomorrow.

If we win, Norway will more or less be out of it, we'll have a real chance of qualifying and and the rest of the campaign will be really exciting.

Home games against Iceland and Macedonia with a return fixture against Norway in between, culminating in a possible winner takes all game against Holland at Hampden. :4_1_111:

Fixtures.

I'm going to the game tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it.

You boys enjoy the shopping. ;)

Why is it if you don't want to go to Football to watch Sheeite, Scotland & Hearts, You must being going shopping!!

Have NEVER been shopping on a Saturday, Haven't had a season ticket for 2 seasons, although went to the 1st 3 home games of the season,My day now comprises, looking after my son while the wife takes daughter to gymnastics, she gets home at 12, i go out at 2pm, place a coupon for that days football, Pub with the mates....WOMEN do Shopping, Why have a Dug and bark yourself!!

Grow a pair of Baws and become a Man!! :P

Although I get the feeling I'm talking to the opposite sex here...Only because of the name, if I'm wrong I appologise!! :o

Why is it if you don't want to go to Football to watch Sheeite, Scotland & Hearts, You must being going shopping!!

It was a joke, mate. An ironic play on the usual comments made by sexist men.

....WOMEN do Shopping, Why have a Dug and bark yourself!!

See what I mean?

....WOMEN do Shopping, Why have a Dug and bark yourself!!

Grow a pair of Baws and become a Man!! :P

And again.

Although I get the feeling I'm talking to the opposite sex here...Only because of the name, if I'm wrong I appologise!! :o

Never apologise for thinking someone is a woman.

Believe me, it's a compliment! :P

the england game should be good.

winston churchill

i think i'll give the garden it's last cut................. then settle down for the england game with a few leffes

MacDonald Jardine
Last I knew it was the capital of Scotland, which I presume is your point. As I said earlier, in my OP when I said Scotland, I was talking about the football team, not the country. However, I support any Scottish team at any sport. I used to love going to Murrayfield for the internationals, just too expensive for me these days.

I just can't understand a Scottish football fan not caring if their countries team wins or loses, but of course that is your right.

And where is Scotland?

I assume you also take pride in British achievements? :)

Archived