Couldnt give a toss about Scotland game

Cow

This rears it's ugly head every time Scotland play but i'll offer my tuppence worth anyway.

I followed Scotland home and away between 2000-2003 (the dreadful Berti years) and i cannot once say i was "devastated" when Scotland lost. When Belgium beat us in Brussels to end our Japan WC hopes i simply returned to the Grand Place and continued drinking. 2-2 in the Faroe Islands? I went back to Cafe Natur and tried to pull any Faroese lassie within arms length. 6-0 in Amsterdam? Me and my mate found a caf? and set about getting stoned, it remains one of the funniest night i've ever had. There was no post mortem after any of these games, just a steadfast determination to "enjoy the trip" and make the most of things.

The point being that i didn't really care that much that Scotland got beat. Not like i care when Hearts get beat, not like i'll care next week at ER.

I'll be watching the game tomorrow cheering on as much as the next man, as i'm proud of my country and i'm proud to be Scottish, but will i be gutted if we get beat? Not really. Not like when it's Hearts.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats a fair point Adi, everyone has their own views as far as Hearts/Scotland goes.

I'd like to think i'm equally as gutted when when either loses but thats just my view. This same debate goes on every time a Scotland game comes around.

Neither side is going to convince the other their point of view.

Last I knew it was the capital of Scotland, which I presume is your point. As I said earlier, in my OP when I said Scotland, I was talking about the football team, not the country. However, I support any Scottish team at any sport. I used to love going to Murrayfield for the internationals, just too expensive for me these days.

I just can't understand a Scottish football fan not caring if their countries team wins or loses, but of course that is your right.

Em,wires crossed me thinks,I want Scotland to win,if it was not for finances I would be going to hampden tomorrow.

I used to be so passionate about the National team

Now I want them to win and that is it

I despise the Old Firm, I despise Glasgow, I despise the SFA and I despise mostly every player in the squad.

I hate Kirk Broadfoot more than anyone in football and that bafoon has been selected because of the colour of shirt he plays in.

With the excepion of Fetcher the entire team is full of SPL and Championship players.

There is no chance of us qualifying this time round ........... AGAIN

Craig Gordon?

chester copperpot
I used to be so passionate about the National team

Now I want them to win and that is it

I despise the Old Firm, I despise Glasgow, I despise the SFA and I despise mostly every player in the squad.

I hate Kirk Broadfoot more than anyone in football and that bafoon has been selected because of the colour of shirt he plays in.

With the excepion of Fetcher the entire team is full of SPL and Championship players.

There is no chance of us qualifying this time round ........... AGAIN

Pretty much sums up my feelings word for word. Some things I disagree with you, but not this time.

Spot on fella. Would love for Scotland to be successful, but care more about my club than I do about my country.

Edit, forgot about Craig Gordon.

Hans von Luck

Sorry but there is a credit crunch on and I would not waste the electricity on that lot.

Gordon Smith.........yer havin a laugh, nae chance as the man and is band of Weegie groupies make me :boak:

Hans von Luck
i think i'll give the garden it's last cut................. then settle down for the england game with a few leffes

Sorry Jerry but that leffes also gives me the :boak:

the england game should be good.

I'm a Scot through and through and will be captaining my country in Notingham on Sunday at the British open tae kwon do championships , i have been in the Scottish national team since 2001 and was recently made captain. I love my country and travel the world fighting for Scotland but i just cant motivated for the fitba these days , i am certainly not intersted in how England perform , i hope Scotland win but that is about it at the moment.

Not really sure what kind of response you want to a thread like this? "Couldnt give a toss about Scotland game" Well enjoy whatever your up to and have a good day, I'm not sure your giving a toss makes any difference to anybody.

I'll be off to Hampden and I can't wait - amazing atmosphere, sell-out crowd - I WILL be gutted if we lose but that's football. Internationals are some of my favourite matches.

Not really sure what kind of response you want to a thread like this? "Couldnt give a toss about Scotland game" Well enjoy whatever your up to and have a good day, I'm not sure your giving a toss makes any difference to anybody.

I'll be off to Hampden and I can't wait - amazing atmosphere, sell-out crowd - I WILL be gutted if we lose but that's football. Internationals are some of my favourite matches.

You can respond any way you like , thats what forums are for and you are not abusive in anyway either so in response i hope you have a great day at hampden and a great celebration tommorow night:)

Have to say that I'm actually looking forward to going to a game tomorrow, which is more than can be said about going to Tynie int he last few weeks....

Geography was never his strong point!

I am more proud of my home city than home country

I am ashamed to be associated with the Weeg and it's surrounding cess pits

Pretty much sums up my feelings word for word. Some things I disagree with you, but not this time.

Spot on fella. Would love for Scotland to be successful, but care more about my club than I do about my country.

Edit, forgot about Craig Gordon.

I actually realised I'd forgotten Craig gordon but it was too late to edit

doh!!!

I would support Craig gordon regardless. Love the guy

I will still cheer for Scotland, of course but I simply lack the passion.

Hearts take up all my passion

I am annoyed that that Setanta nonsense has the rights. I miss just watching it in my flat

Now i'm gonna have to go out and get drunk :)

Would feel much more enthusiasm for a British team.

Although I am a very proud and vocal unionist I do like having the seperate teams.

I always want N.ireland, Wales and England to lose

I bet those of you who don't care about Scotland today will be oh so patriotic if/when we get close to qualifying.

Thank goodness there is a control over who gets tickets for Scotland games.

portobellojambo1

I knew we (HMFC) weren't playing this weekend, but I had actually forgotten why until someone at work today asked if I would be watching the Scotland game tomorrow.

I will have a look at Sky, and see what games are on, will also have a look and see what is available to watch online, and will pick which game I think will be the best entertainment.

Would much rather be going to watch HMFC though.

Sorry but there is a credit crunch on and I would not waste the electricity on that lot.

Gordon Smith.........yer havin a laugh, nae chance as the man and is band of Weegie groupies make me :boak:

Agree with you mate.

I have been to many Scotland games in the past even a World Cup finals.

Never again..

This Weegie mafia has put and end to that.

:(

The SFA, the OF, Gordon dickheedSmith have *** all to do with wanting Scotland to win.

If Hitler was SFA President and Derek Rearend was Scottish coach I would still want Scotland to win.

Nothing will ever the change the fact that I'm Scottish.

Zali Cinnamon
If you're Scottish you should want Scotland to win. Nuff said.

No.

You can't choose where you were born as you can choose your club. It's not compulsory. Not everyone is captivated by international football. Fair do's to those who are but it's just not for everyone.

suzie_preston

I always want N.ireland, Wales and England to lose

why?????????

I'm not scottish but I will still be there & wanting Scotland to win today as I do Northern Ireland, Wales and England

I stopped caring about the national side after players like Tosh McKinley and Neil McCann were constantly overlooked for national caps while at Hearts. How many caps did Davie Weir get at Hearts ? But when they went to the OF it was a different story.

chester copperpot

To all those people attending Hampden this afternoon, I really really hope Scotland get a victory.

To those not attending the game, get yer arse down the pub to support the team.

I aint the biggest patriot you'll ever meet, but am going down to cheer on the lads because its the right thing to do.

I think that explains it all.

[quote name=Chester Copperpot;559019

I aint the biggest patriot you'll ever meet' date=' but am going down to cheer on the lads because its the right thing to do.

Y is it the right thing to do? I dont think it is....

portobellojambo1
To all those people attending Hampden this afternoon, I really really hope Scotland get a victory.

To those not attending the game, get yer arse down the pub to support the team.

I aint the biggest patriot you'll ever meet, but am going down to cheer on the lads because its the right thing to do.

Nope.

The Future's Maroon
I consider myself fairly patriotic and have always supported the national team with pride
Apart from the title of the thread and how far into your post(above)before starting to rage I thought I'd post........(not read any replies either)

Don't take this the wrong way, but get a grip of yourself, ANYONE who claims to be Scottish even comes out with this sheeeeiiite needs their head read....are you Scottish or not?

We'll be comin

We'll be comin.....................

I canna wait !

As a Shetlander we are supposed to be as much Norwegian as Scottish !

Bollocks, they only say that to avoid the Sheep jibes. Most of my pals follow Scotland homes and away and I canna wait for the game.

If I had the wings of a sparrow !

im not even scottish really(born in canada) and i love watchn scotland play...i know what some posters meanthough lately its not been as exiting, well for me anyway, watching scotland.

get in about the norway scotland!!!

Toxteth O'Grady

For me there was never any bond with the Scottish team when I was a kid, I went to Murrayfieild to watch the Rugby with my Dad because it was just down the road and we could easily get tickets.I loved seeing us win the 2 grand slams.

Hearts were always most important to me though and the Rugby was just a bit of a change .

I never went to Hampden because of my Dads aversion to Glasgow and didn't take lot of interest in the Scotland football team, I watched some games on TV but didn't know who many of the players were and didn't feel any emotion either way if they won or lost.

To Ellycopter who says people who think like me if Scotland ever get close to qualifying I'd like to say that is not the case, I will still be as disinterested as ever.

Cannae wait til next Sunday:Hearts Man spotrun:

Chad Sexington

I cant wait for the game today and get just as nervous before a big Scotland match as I do a Hearts one.

Just because a section of the TA are fandans, doesn't make me want my country to win any less.

MacDonald Jardine
I cant wait for the game today and get just as nervous before a big Scotland match as I do a Hearts one.

Just because a section of the TA are fandans, doesn't make me want my country to win any less.

You could say the same about some Hearts fans. It doesn't mean you should stop supporting them.

I don't understand anyone interested in football who doesn't want their country to win or doesn't take an interest.

Jam Tarts 1874
I consider myself fairly patriotic and have always supported the national team with pride and enthusiasm but i cant seem to find any level of enthusiasm whatsover for tommorows game.

I think it is down to the sfa and gordon smith etc and the constant cheating of refs in charge of hearts games that have made me despise the sfa so much.

I know thats not really a big enough reason not to support the national team but i just cant get motivated at all.

Yeah, agree with all of this. Also the fact that we are just so short of talent that it's not worth bothering about.

Jam Tarts 1874
I bet those of you who don't care about Scotland today will be oh so patriotic if/when we get close to qualifying.

Thank goodness there is a control over who gets tickets for Scotland games.

Actually that sounds more like all the hat-kickers who only show up on here when Hearts have lost a couple of games!

Can't see Scotland qualifying for anything anytime soon, so it may be a long time before you have the opportunity to put your theory to the test.

Watching international football is deperately dull except for when it is a quarter-final, semi-final or final between sides that know how the play the game.

Scotland have not been interesting to watch since 1982, a combination of bad coaching and bad management have left us with nothing to get excited about.

Jam Tarts 1874
_39629299_tartanarmy270.jpg

Oh dear!

Not sure if that pic is meant to be an endorsement or a criticism of supporting Scotland. :P

I think Norway will win this afternoon because they are a better team. I hope I'm wrong, and I'll be cheering scotland as loudly as anyone.

But tomorrow, I fear the knives will be out for George Burley. Led by Messrs Traynor, Young, Provan, Nicolarse, Walker, Dodds, et al. It is because of these muppets I have lost a little enthusiasm for the national team.

They stitched up Berti when IMHO he tried to change the direction of the national team by introducing fresh young players (many of whom are the backbone of the current squad). They will stitch up Burley for the same reason. It's not a coinsidence that McLeish and Smith were above criticism.

Some will call me paranoid, but I don't care.

I think Norway will win this afternoon because they are a better team. I hope I'm wrong, and I'll be cheering scotland as loudly as anyone.

The beauty of football, blairdin - not aways the best team wins.

For the old record, have no idea how good Norway are, know they have had some call off's as well.

Ferguson is a huge miss for Scotland, as will be Miller. Not the fussed for McManus as he realy aint that good IMO.

Grandpa Weir can pitch in for 90 mins, pretty confident about that.

McFadden seems to develop a cape with superman on it when he pulls on the blue - would not bet against him getting a goal today.

Scotand 2

Norway 1

Chad Sexington

Not sure what you're basing that assertion on.

Norway have only won one of their last seven games and could only draw against Iceland at home in their last game.

I predict a Scotland win.

:)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Scotland 2 - 0

Burley to get absolutely wrecked in some Glesga boozer and shag every bird in the place.

There will be nobody happier than me if I'm wrong GA and Chad.

I just think Carew, Pedersen and Riise surrounded by a typical well disciplined Scandinavian side with something to prove after a poor start is dangerous.

I agree Ferguson is a huge miss in a match like this.

There will be nobody happier than me if I'm wrong GA and Chad.

I just think Carew, Pedersen and Riise surrounded by a typical well disciplined Scandinavian side with something to prove after a poor start is dangerous.

I agree Ferguson is a huge miss in a match like this.

3 good players there, no doubt. They need something out of today so it does set the game up well.

Scotland have a stronger squad these days - there is a little more strength in depth than previous years.

Anyway, we both want the same thing - lets hope for a Scotand win.

Chad Sexington
3 good players there, no doubt. They need something out of today so it does set the game up well.

Scotland have a stronger squad these days - there is a little more strength in depth than previous years.

Anyway, we both want the same thing - lets hope for a Scotand win.

And so say all of us.

I love a happy ending.

:)

I stopped caring about the national side after players like Tosh McKinley and Neil McCann were constantly overlooked for national caps while at Hearts. How many caps did Davie Weir get at Hearts ? But when they went to the OF it was a different story.

All I can really say is "what a load of shet you blether" David Weir won his first cap playing for Hearts he got 10 in total at Hearts,went to Everton and won another 42 caps,then went to Rangers and has so far has 9 caps.

Haven't really been interested in Scotland since the televised games were the only way at ten years old I could get to watch Dalglish and Souness.

Having said that, I'm feeling strangely protective of Burley in light of all the flak he's taking for not being old firm mafia.

I think it'll be a draw.

Archived